6.9

751 NE Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Dr. Lamb has always been a candid and proactive part of my treatment. My partner and I came to the clinic with some complicated issues, so we are still undergoing treatment and discussing potential future treatments. I appreciated Dr. Lamb's personalized approach to my care, and I know that she truly wants us to leave the clinic with a baby.... I shared my ideas for potential protocol changes, and Dr. Lamb always explained to me why those changes would be good or bad with evidence to back up her answers. Don't be afraid to play an active role in your care and approach IVF as a team process.
I always feel like a human at Pacific Northwest Fertility. Everyone knows me by name and offers a kind word or a greeting when they see me.... The nursing staff is extremely busy, so it does take 24-48 hours to receive a response. I recommend sending all questions at once, rather than spacing them out over several e-mails and phone calls. The nursing staff is knowledgeable and professional, even when faced with the tough task of sharing bad news with the patient.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb has always been a candid and proactive part of my treatment. My partner and I came to the clinic with some complicated issues, so we are still undergoing treatment and discussing potential future treatments. I appreciated Dr. Lamb's personalized approach to my care, and I know that she truly wants us to leave the clinic with a baby. It's just a matter of finding the right path to get there. Dr. Lamb has been patient with my severe anxiety, and I appreciate her direct and scientific answers to my questions. I am very happy with my experience as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for more explanations. I shared my ideas for potential protocol changes, and Dr. Lamb always explained to me why those changes would be good or bad with evidence to back up her answers. Don't be afraid to play an active role in your care and approach IVF as a team process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I always feel like a human at Pacific Northwest Fertility. Everyone knows me by name and offers a kind word or a greeting when they see me. I definitely do not feel like a stranger coming into the clinic as just another number. The nurses and front desk staff are all incredibly warm and caring.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
We used a higher dose of Follistim during cycling and triggered with HCG. All of my eggs produced were mature, but we didn't get as many healthy embryos as expected. We used IVF + ICSI. We are in the process of troubleshooting our approach for our next cycle since we are dealing with severe male factor infertility and less eggs making it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Clare Hatch)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is clean, professional, and warm. It was important for me to choose a clinic where I felt personally cared about. (I toured other clinics in the Seattle area that left me feeling like a number.) I never waited more than ten minutes for an appointment, and I was quite often seen early upon arrival. My monitoring appointments were a breeze and the clinic was running like a machine to move me through each step. Although this isn't what I planned for my life, I am happy to say that I feel like PNWF is my family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
The cost for a full cycle was approximately $18,000. This doesn't include medications and optional PGS testing.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Dr. Lamb prefers eSET/pursuing one healthy singleton pregnancy at a time.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Lamb was cooperative in her approach, listening and integrating the recommendations of another doctor I had consulted with in another state. She was willing to order tests she normally does not and prescribed medication she normally does not because of the additional input I had brought to the table. This was essential for me. But I am not confident that if I had not received the out-of-state consultation, I would have been successful with just Dr. Lamb's recommendations.
Costs at the clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] change at least annually and staff is good about sharing the current cost sheet.... Friendly and professional front-desk staff; a clean and bright atmosphere; a generally warm attitude from all I interacted with. I had to be on top of my billing and regularly review charges as there were a couple of times when charges were done in error and one time when a test was done (and I was charged for it) when I explicitly asked that it not be done.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate, realizing that no one can help you as much as you can help yourself.
Dr. Lamb was warm, caring and understanding. She always referred to me by my preferred (nick) name and took the time to respond to all my questions.
IUIs with partner or donor sperm, following Letrozole on cycle days 3-7, ultrasound to confirm mature follicles, and ovulation-stimulating shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Julie's medical assistant at the time was Mary. She was somewhat erratic - very responsive at times and not very responsive at other times. She was always well-meaning and kind in person.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs at the clinic change at least annually and staff is good about sharing the current cost sheet. The clinic was good about referring me to a pharmacy where the drugs I needed were lower cost that typical.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
For my first IUI I was using a new ovulation checking kit that had been new to market so the medical assistant misinterpreted the information from the kit and scheduled the procedure a day too soon. They did comp me for the procedure and repeated it the following day. There was a time when my prescription had not been called in on time so I had to scramble with phone calls before picking it up (cycles don't wait!).
Seattle
She [Dr. Lamb] gave me the choice to do a natural FET instead of medicated, but also provided full pros/cons of each. I never questioned my treatment protocol with her and after PGS we ended up with 2 healthy embryos. First FET and we got the good news we were pregnant! Although we were really hoping for more embryos, this was actually exactly what Dr. Lamb had predicted for me (hence the earlier recommendation for multiple cycles).
Kallie [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] was great! There were a couple times she was a bit disorganized, but she was very easy to talk to and ask questions when something needed clarification...We did a freeze all cycle, ICSI, PGS, and then a FET. Total cost for everything including meds was just under $30K...This clinic is run like a well oiled machine-from the scheduling, to the lab draws in the same office, finer desk, back desk, financial coordinator, nurses, doctors-they know what they’re doing and it shows. Excellent communication between everyone on staff to keep visits running seamlessly and minimize the time you spend waiting.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was very honest with me about my chances to conceive through IVF. She was up front and suggesting we do a freeze all and multiple IVF cycles to try and get all my embryos now due to our goal of a large family and already being 35. Unfortunately, however, we just didn’t have the finances to do more than one cycle. This was a tough realization and she showed compassion when it brought me to tears that we had to cross our fingers and pray for the best with this one cycle. She gave me the choice to do a natural FET instead of medicated, but also provided full pros/cons of each. I never questioned my treatment protocol with her and after PGS we ended up with 2 healthy embryos. First FET and we got the good news we were pregnant! Although we were really hoping for more embryos, this was actually exactly what Dr. Lamb had predicted for me (hence the earlier recommendation for multiple cycles).
Be direct and go prepared with questions.
Dr. Lamb and Kallie were very personable and made attempts to get know me. I am naturally introverted, but they made it easy to open up about our family planning goals and the goal of having a large family despite starting at age 35
I don’t recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was great! There were a couple times she was a bit disorganized, but she was very easy to talk to and ask questions when something needed clarification.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Dr. Lamb and the entire PNW fertility clinic very much advocate for single embryo transfers. They gave me the choice to do 2, but provided a very educated pros/cons of 1 vs 2.
Seattle

Dr Lamb was kind and compassionate, she answered all of our questions. She also addressed the emotional side of infertility in the best way I have ever experienced in a firtility clinic. It was very therapeutic. However, she didn't inform us how the billing for the visit worked, so we kept talk which we otherwise would have limited.... She advised eSET and would only do a 2 embryo transfer is we requested it, but they advised against it.
They [Pacific NW Fertility-Seattle] have multiple locations, they were kind and clean. They seemed culturally competent. We felt welcomed. They were not all sensitive, one MA was asking me about how many kids I had to compare birth stories, which is not what I would expect to be asked in a firtility clinic.... They [the nurses] replied quickly to requests and questions. They could be more personal and warm in their interaction.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Prepare your questions before hand and make sure you understand the financial part of it too.
I felt that the care was personal and my emotional state was acknowledged. I felt heard and respected.
Most of it was communicate to us by the RN and ARNP. We used a higher dose of letrozole during the IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They replied quickly to requests and questions. They could be more personal and warm in their interaction.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They have multiple locations, they were kind and clean. They seemed culturally competent. We felt welcomed. They were not all sensitive, one MA was asking me about how many kids I had to compare birth stories, which is not what I would expect to be asked in a firtility clinic.
A little higher than average for the area.