Nurse available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolWright St
ResidencyOhio St
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
Christ
2123 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219
7675 Wellness Way
West Chester, OH 45069
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Julie Sroga to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UC Health Center for Reproductive Health to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
My experience with Dr. (Sroga) Rios was excellent! Although IVF visits are typically brief, she always made sure our questions were answered before she left the room. She was honest, yet kind and never made us feel like we were just another couple. She understood that we paid a lot of money and that we wanted to do everything within our power to help get a positive outcome. She made us feel like it was a partnership with her, and not a dictatorship. She laid out our treatment options and gave us time to make informed decisions. She was supportive of us as a couple, and truly made our experience top-notch! The IVF process is a very stressful time, and having her on our side put my mind at ease (at least a little!).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
My advice would be to do you research before you meet with Dr. (Sroga) Rios. She has a wealth of knowledge and will answer your questions, but she doesn't know what you do and don't know. Dr. Rios will not always tell you what you want to hear, but she won't leave you without options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. (Sroga) Rios always treated us with compassion and care, while still being honest with us about our situation. Dr. (Sroga) Rios knew our names on site, without looking at a chart. My husband goes by his middle name and not once did she ever refer to him by his given name. The entire team at UC Health is extremely caring and dedicated to helping their patients get the best possible treatment and outcome.
Describe the protocols Julie Sroga used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle they retrieved eggs, but none made it to blast, so we were unable to transfer any embryos. We discussed the potential issues, and Dr. Rios adjusted my medications for round 2 to help improve our odds. My egg quality did improve during round 2 of IVF, and we even had 1 egg make it to blast stage. We transferred 2, but the beta test came back negative. We had a consultation and discussed our options for another round with Dr. Rios and asked if there were any other treatment options available to help with egg quality. We were open with her that this was our last try (due to financial constraints) with IVF, and she was honest with us stating she supported a third round but would not recommend any additional if it did not work. We added human growth hormone to our protocol for round 3, and had 2 eggs make it to blast and 1 very close. We transferred all 3 and I am now 5.5 months pregnant with a single child!
Describe your experience with your nurse at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katherine)
Katherine was amazing! She was available for questions and never made us feel like we were asking a "dumb" question. The entire nursing staff looked out for us and tried to make us as comfortable as possible during our entire cycle. They eased our fears when we didn't know what to expect, and always had a bright and positive outlook to make us feel confident when we left the clinic.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic's strength is compassion and quality of care. They truly do all they can to give you the best possibility of a positive outcome. The staff is caring and knowledgeable. The only weakness I experienced was a lack of directions with some of the medications. We were given a brief education day with the nurse before round 1 of IVF, but after that we received no additional instructions even when the meds changed. When I contacted the clinic for answers, they were very helpful and answered all of my questions, but it makes you panic when you have to take your meds at a specific time and there are no instructions to be found!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
The IVF treatment including retrieval and transfer was $10,600. The medications were in addition to that and were another $5,600
Describe Julie Sroga's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Rios supported our wishes to transfer multiple embryos due to my age and egg quality. The most she agreed to transfer was 3, which was our maximum anyway.
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Julie Sroga at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

2013 - 2014
I completed 3 complete IUIs with Dr. Sroga. We used Clomid for the first two cycles and then switched to Femara for the final cycle. The Clomid was causing my uterine lining to thin, so Dr. Sroga thought Femara might work better without causing the lining to thin...During one of my IUI cycles, Dr. DiPaola had me wait an unusually long period of time between ultrasounds while I was taking Femara. I was tracking my cycle at home and knew that I had already ovulated when I went in for my next scheduled ultrasound. I informed Dr. Sroga, and she couldn't tell whether I had ovulated by ultrasound
2013 - 2014
Dr. Sroga is very caring and warm. I felt like she took my concerns seriously, and she mostly presented information in a straightforward manner. There were a few instances when I felt that she made the situation seem more clear cut than it actually was. For example, I was lead to think the doctors could definitively tell whether or not I had ovulated based on an ultrasound, but that turned out not to be true (I had ovulated before an IUI, and that would have gone undetected if I had not been tracking my cycle at home).
I think she's a very caring doctor, but I would be careful to really press for information and would consider tracking my cycles during treatment.
Dr. Sroga has a very warm personality, and I felt like she really listened to me about my concerns.
Honestly, the nursing staff didn't make much of an impression. They were fine.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Although I liked the doctors individually, I didn't like that I never knew who I would see. I also didn't like that I often felt like I was being used for med student practice. I felt pressured to allow med students and residents to complete procedures, and there were instances when I endured greater physical discomfort because of that. I also disliked that there were often 2-4 people in the room observing procedures.
Each IUI was $1400
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?