Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders

FellowshipUniversity of Illinois Medical Center
Melrose Park
7447 Old York Road
Melrose Park, PA 19027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jung Kyo Choe to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders to a friend?
She [Dr. Jung Kyo Choe] decided during surgery that my fallopian tubes were too diseased to keep and removed them both along with massive scar tissue found from my c-section from my daughter in 2014, and some cysts on my ovaries that she said one was of the largest she has seen. She suggested a few months recovery and then a retrieval and transfer. She was present for the egg retrieval. They retrieved 5 and out of those 5, 3 fertilized. They transferred 3 on cycle day 3. It was not a successful transfer. However, knowing that I am positive for the MTHFR gene and Rh- (A-), she advised my seeing a rheumatologist to help in directing my treatment moving forward with future IVF procedures. I am currently on meds again for another transfer.
Nurses Jessie and Kathy [at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are very well versed in their craft. They have a wonderful disposition and bedside manner, extremely kind and empathetic when delivering sad news...I was diagnosed with ureaplasma and the staff neglected to call and inform my husband and I for over a month. I was told later during a visit and my husband and I were placed antibiotics...
European, Other
How was your experience with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Jung Choe is kind, sweet, patient, knowledgeable and experienced. She shows a genuine interest, has a wonderful bedside manner. She understands and has told me that her job is to be there for me as her patient. She called me personally to deliver results and has gone out of her way to be available to me. I trust her years of expertise and even moreso her understanding and gentle nature.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Listen and ask questions, Dr. Choe is a wealth of knowledge and kindness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Jung Choe took and continues to take a personal interest in my treatment. She is in the office one week a month yet has been sure to be present for my sonohysterography procedures and made sure to be the one to head my laparoscopy. She is kind and takes the time to go over each detail of my treatment. She shows me diagrams and answers each question I have. She lightens the mood and I feel she genuinely cares about me as a person and my reason for seeing her in the first place. I trust her years of expertise would only guide her to give me the best treatement and best advice moving forward even if it means to stop treatment at some point.
Describe the protocols Jung Kyo Choe used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Jung Choe requested a full diagnostic workup of me and my husband. She said that we should start with IUI considering the results from the previously performed hysterosalpingogram (HSG) (by a different doctor) and sonohysterogram (performed by a different doctor). After 6 failed attempts it was deemed that my cervix was too acidic and to try a baking soda douche. And, then to perform the hysterosalpingogram and sonohysterogram. She decided during surgery that my fallopian tubes were too diseased to keep and removed them both along with massive scar tissue found from my c-section from my daughter in 2014, and some cysts on my ovaries that she said one was of the largest she has seen. She suggested a few months recovery and then a retrieval and transfer. She was present for the egg retrieval. They retrieved 5 and out of those 5, 3 fertilized. They transferred 3 on cycle day 3. It was not a successful transfer. However, knowing that I am positive for the MTHFR gene and Rh- (A-), she advised my seeing a rheumatologist to help in directing my treatment moving forward with future IVF procedures. I am currently on meds again for another transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Jessie and Jackie)
Nurses Jessie and Kathy are very well versed in their craft. They have a wonderful disposition and bedside manner, extremely kind and empathetic when delivering sad news. Nurse Jessie could do with being a little more specific when giving instructions, but otherwise she is fantastic. She certainly answers all questions and is more than helpful in solving the problems that might arise during my treatment.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The administrative front desk staff as a whole could use being a bit more kind, friendly and understanding. They are also not always the most patient. Though when you get them one-on-one they seem to be sweeter. The billing staff is great overall, though not always the most forthcoming with information, you need to ask them specifically for information concerning credits owed to you. The ultrasound technicians sometimes seem a little miserable, but they are genuinely nice women and super understanding of how to make you feel comfortable. The office Phlebotomists are super nice and very efficient. Other than that, the office is clean and the rules posted make sense to make women undergoing fertility treatment feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I think the costs are extremely reasonable compared to what I know other friends to have paid for the same procedures. I pay out of pocket for IVF, outside of ultrasounds and bloodwork. I can not afford to try IVF more than twice, but had the costs not have been cut in half in the first place I would only have been able to afford to have IVF done once.
Describe Jung Kyo Choe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I left eSET vs. multiple embryo transfer in Dr. Choe's very capable hands.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Houston
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
She [Dr. Choe] was nice 1st visit. She set me up for surgery to address what penn said was a blocked Fallopian tube. She advised me to call the ivf nurses at the end of the month to order ivf meds. She said I didn’t have a lot of time....2nd appointment she didn’t remember me until about 1/2 hour in, then she told us I was too old to use the $2200.00 in ivf medication she instructed me to order! I ovulated the next 2 months on my own but she told me to go home and have intercourse even though my husbands sperm had documented motility issues.
Most of the nurses [Cooper Institute] are nice. Due to volume there is a lack of attention to each patient when reviewing files and giving instructions. Easy blood and ultrasound appointments. You can be in and out in 20 minutes.... Lack of consistency. Told to order meds then told your too old to use them. Lack of planning over all or just asking what the patients expectations are. Not every patient wants to use an egg donor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
After 1st appointment I had a very successful surgery and as instructed called ivf nurses to order my meds. 2nd appointment she didn’t remember me until about 1/2 hour in, then she told us I was too old to use the $2200.00 in ivf medication she instructed me to order! I ovulated the next 2 months on my own but she told me to go home and have intercourse even though my husbands sperm had documented motility issues. Why didn’t she offer me IUI? I didn’t know until several months later she doesn’t believe in mini ivf for older patients when that’s what I was there for! Another example of need to self directed treatment because the person in charge isn’t paying attention.
If you are of advanced age do not let them give you an appointment with her. You need to see doctor Check. They are in the same office but do not subscribe to the same protocols.
She was nice 1st visit. She set me up for surgery to address what penn said was a blocked Fallopian tube. She advised me to call the ivf nurses at the end of the month to order ivf meds. She said I didn’t have a lot of time.
Good surgeon. Otherwise her treatments are non aggressive.
Most of the nurses are nice. Due to volume there is a lack of attention to each patient when reviewing files and giving instructions. Easy blood and ultrasound appointments. You can be in and out in 20 minutes.
Low
No idea.
Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Houston
+ Read more- Read less

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Choe] is a superb doctor who cares deeply about her patients! She answered all questions thoroughly and explained the step by step process fully. She is patient and extremely compassionate. She worked extra innings the night of my appointment and had no qualms calling me herself when she wanted to give further instruction. Her treatment was one on one, you can’t beat that! ...
I was diagnosed with ureaplasma and my spouse and I needed to be treated with an antibiotic. I was told 2 months later as I took a break for the month of July 2018. The test was in May/June 2018, I was told of the results in August without a phone call between. ... They [Cooper Inst for Repro Hormonal Disorders] are very much a well oiled team. The techs could be a bit more pleasant, but otherwise they are great! At times I’d like to have seen a doctor more often as an IUI patient, but understand IVF takes priority.
How was your experience with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
She is a superb doctor who cares deeply about her patients! She answered all questions thoroughly and explained the step by step process fully. She is patient and extremely compassionate. She worked extra innings the night of my appointment and had no qualms calling me herself when she wanted to give further instruction. Her treatment was one on one, you can’t beat that!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Listen to her and ask all questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
She is an amazing doctor! She is very personable! I only wish had more hours!
They are a knowledgeable team. Sometimes overwhelmed, but definitely compassionate.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
They are very much a well oiled team. The techs could be a bit more pleasant, but otherwise they are great! At times I’d like to have seen a doctor more often as an IUI patient, but understand IVF takes priority.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
They are reasonable.
Describe Jung Kyo Choe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
N/A as of now.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders
Mount Laurel
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.