6.4

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

1 patient review filtered by:

I had to have a uterine ultrasound, full blood panel and my husband had to be tested [by Kara Ehlers]...I had to have a uterine ultrasound, full blood panel and my husband had to be tested...compassionate and took great detail about explaining things...seemed to be more progressive than the last physicians I had...She was direct and gave me some hope...I did feel a little more compassion and hope would have been better for my own personal situation.
The nurses were great [at Vios Fertility Institute] but I struggled with navigating insurance and things fell through at times and I had to reach out myself. I sat down with someone who personally told me they would help me navigate my insurance. I was disappointed as I feel they did not help as much as I expected...They are a newer clinic and a satellite office and I believe they are working out the kinks. You would have to go to Chicago to have ivf performed which was a struggle for me. Overall, the staff was friendly but I would have liked more hand holding and contact and guidance.
How was your experience with Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
I did feel a little more compassion and hope would have been better for my own personal situation. I wanted to be more aggressive with my plan and a ton of tests were required from other physicians. I felt it was redundant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
Ask for compassion and hope. Tell her directly what you want. I felt extremely insecure about the entire process and was riddled with sadness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
The staff along with a Dr. Kara Ehlers were compassionate and took great detail about explaining things. We had a plan in place but I recently had to switch doctors due to a new job and insurance. Dr. Ehlers seemed to be more progressive than the last physicians I had in Florida. I was glad to have a female doctor as well. She was direct and gave me some hope.
Describe the protocols Kara Ehlers used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: I cannot remember her name. )
The nurses were great but I struggled with navigating insurance and things fell through at times and I had to reach out myself. I sat down with someone who personally told me they would help me navigate my insurance. I was disappointed as I feel they did not help as much as I expected.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute.
$20-$30,000 minimum. $5,000 PSG.
Describe Kara Ehlers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
I did not get to that phase with my physician as I had to switch doctors due to insurance. But due to my age we were going to try for two embryos possibly with IVF. It depended on grading of eggs.
Kara Ehlers