6.4

Current Clinic Unknown
address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

Dr. Kara Ehlers is very intelligent and knowledgeable in her field...She always remembered our past conversations. She never rushed through the appointments...I have PCOS with anovulation... I had been through fertility treatments elsewhere before using Letrozole, HCG shot, and progesterone so she agreed that it made sense to stick with that protocol at first...During our initial scans and ultrasounds, she noticed a polyp in my uterus
They [staff of Vios Fertility Institute] all had great bedside manner, were efficient at their job when drawing blood and doing any appointment prep, and they were always responsive on the portal and phone calls...Each medicated cycle was $1,500 for baseline, mid-cycle, and post-ovulation monitoring and bloodwork...Dr. Ehlers was able to keep me level-headed the entire time with all her information and willingness to discuss anything that I wished.
How was your experience with Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kara Ehlers is very intelligent and knowledgeable in her field. I am a scientific person and I appreciate her understanding of the medicine and the treatment that she was suggesting. I felt that she was always very upfront with us about what our expectations should be and what issues that we could have. She allowed us to be hopeful in the process while also assessing any risks and possible failures along the way. Fertility treatment is a roller coaster of emotions and I felt that Dr. Ehlers was able to keep me level-headed the entire time with all her information and willingness to discuss anything that I wished. My husband is much more of a blind optimist and felt that, at times, she was too blunt, however, I always appreciated her being straight forward and not sugar-coating the information. I attribute the success with Dr. Ehlers to her knowledge, confidence, and "no fluff" attitude to getting the result that we all desire.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
Ask as many questions as you want! She is willing and able to answer them and if she can't at that time, she will reach out to you in the messenger later to make sure that you always feel comfortable with the plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
She always remembered our past conversations. She never rushed through the appointments and talked me through every step and every decision that she was making. When we went through the miscarriage, she spent extra time with me that the appointment to console me and make sure that I was okay before leaving her office.
Describe the protocols Kara Ehlers used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have PCOS with anovulation. Dr. Ehlers knew that the first step was for me to simply ovulate. I had been through fertility treatments elsewhere before using Letrozole, HCG shot, and progesterone so she agreed that it made sense to stick with that protocol at first. During our initial scans and ultrasounds, she noticed a polyp in my uterus. Since we had already started that first medicated cycle, she was okay with waiting on any possible surgery until we see the result of that cycle. That cycle eventually ended in a miscarriage and we scheduled the surgery for polyp removal. Dr. Ehlers did it herself and gave me reassurance that everything went great. We used the same protocol for the next cycle after my surgery was the cycle since it had been successful the last time. During that cycle, I conceived my current baby--I am 34 weeks along now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Vios Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff at Dr. Ehlers office was fantastic! They all had great bedside manner, were efficient at their job when drawing blood and doing any appointment prep, and they were always responsive on the portal and phone calls.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic was wonderful! From simple things like always having water, coffee, tea, and snacks available to the bigger things like good equipment and their commitment to improving and expanding the facility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute.
Kara Ehlers
Vios Fertility Institute
Milwaukee
We had a ton of testing done that revealed that I hade a thyroid issue and some vitamin deficiency’s. Dr. Ehlers is so smart And was always very personable and kind. When a cycle didn’t work she always switched it up just a little bit to see if I would respond to something a little better....She is so smart and always explains the evidence behind why she is doing something....At one appointment I was very upset and she was very understanding and sympathetic.
They [Vios] are always very prompt when you need something from them. The whole team works so well together. They are always checking with our insurance to make sure there and no supprises. Treatments weren’t covered by my insurance but If a test wasn’t covered by insurance we always received a call to make sure there were no surprises. It was always easy to contact the office....The nurses were so sweet and always made sure all of our questions were answered.
How was your experience with Kara Ehlers at Vios Fertility Institute?
When I had my first consultation with her she was very confident she could help us get pregnant quickly. We had a ton of testing done that revealed that I hade a thyroid issue and some vitamin deficiency’s. Dr. Ehlers is so smart And was always very personable and kind. When a cycle didn’t work she always switched it up just a little bit to see if I would respond to something a little better. Before the last cycle I had we had a conversation with her about plans going forward and she decided to put me on a steroid for about 10 days durring this cycle. I had never heard of that before but we tried it. That cycle everything went so perfectly and my body responded a lot faster than All of the previous cycles and we ended up pregnant! We received really good care durring my pregnancy and when we graduated I was actually sad to leave.
Trust her when she adjusts your medications. She is so smart and always explains the evidence behind why she is doing something.
We first did a lower dose of letrizol and my body respond slowly to it so the next month me upped the dose a little bit. My body responded really slowly to that dose as well. So the third month we went in to talk to her about plans going forward And this time she wanted to lower my dose back down but actually add a steroid into the treatment for 10 days. I had never heard of using steroids with fertility treatments but that month everything went so perfectly. My body had never responded so well to the medication and we ended up getting pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Molly)
She communicated so well. If I had any questions I always had answers very quickly. She was very sweet and caring. If she wasn’t there I did have some of the other nurses and they were all so nice. I have only good things to say about all of them
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
They are always very prompt when you need something from them. The whole team works so well together. They are always checking with our insurance to make sure there and no supprises. Treatments weren’t covered by my insurance but If a test wasn’t covered by insurance we always received a call to make sure there were no surprises. It was always easy to contact the office. The nurses were so sweet and always made sure all of our questions were answered. On our last cycle our trigger shot had not come in the mail yet and we had to trigger that day. So Molly the nurse went to the back and gave us an extra shot that they had. We were so greatful to her for that! I also can’t even explain enough how smart Dr. Ehlers is an how comfortable she made us feel while we were seeing her. I was actually sad when we had to leave this clinic.
Timed intercourses cycle was $800 which included as much monitoring and blood work as you needed. Didn’t end up doing IUI but was quoted $1800 for monitoring blood work and insemination. Medications were under $100 per cycle
Kara Ehlers