California Fertility Partners

FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
11818 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-828-4008
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Karine Chung to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend California Fertility Partners to a friend?
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Chung is a compassionate person and knows her stuff. This is her passion and she treats each patient individually ... She is supportive and kind. I would definitely go back to her again. ... she took the time to answer all my questions and was readily available through email. ... She checked my tubes, did a saline sonogram, we started IVF injections and then retrieved.
European, Latino
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
Dr. Chung is a compassionate person and knows her stuff. This is her passion and she treats each patient individually, I know this because another friend has gone to her too and our protocols were completely different. She is supportive and kind. I would definitely go back to her again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karine Chung at USC?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or send an email she responds or one of her nurses will right away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karine Chung at USC?
Everyone on her staff greeted me with care, she took the time to answer all my questions and was readily available through email.
Describe the protocols Karine Chung used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I went in knowing we were doing IVF. She checked my tubes, did a saline sonogram, we started IVF injections and then retrieved. At retrieval I had liquid in my uterus, so we had to move to a frozen cycle. I was sad, but glad we did because I was better prepared for it. Now I’m currently pregnant. In preparation of my frozen transfer I started PIO and estrace, took them till I was 13 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Young)
They always greeted me and showed compassion toward my situation. They were all such wonderful cheerleaders and I always get they were on my side. Pamela was always there, a phone call or email away if I ever needed her.
Describe your experience with USC.
Wonderful clinic, tranquil waiting room, complimentary refreshments. Plenty of space, everyone always had a place to sit. One negative was the parking. Metered street parking available or paid parking in structure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
I went in for monitoring first thing in the morning and it was so convenient. The clinic was open and ready by 7am. Dr. Chung wouldn’t always do my monitoring, but I was ok with that. She did always come in after to say hello and check in.
$17,000 with meds
Describe Karine Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
At first she recommended transferring two, because she thought the quality of my eggs would be low, but since they were high she changed her mind to recommend only transferring one. She left the decision in our hands. We went with one and we are glad we did.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karine Chung at USC.

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr Chung sat down with us and explained in great detail our options, risks, and benefits of treatment. She went over every possible detail and answered every question we had. We never felt rushed or dismissed. At the appointments where she promised to meet with us, she always kept her word. She predicted we would get 4 embryos and we ended up with 7, exceeding our expectations which made us very happy.... Dr Chung and everyone else in the clinic was very caring and gentle with us throughout our treatment
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
Go in with a list of questions, ask everything you want to know. She has all the answers and will take the time.
Dr Chung and everyone else in the clinic was very caring and gentle with us throughout our treatment and always made time to answer questions or listen to our concerns.
I completed a typical egg retrieval cycle using hormone injections daily and for the first week had appointments every other day at the clinic. After that, it was every day to monitor progress. Dr Chung used the best method for our situation, including ICSI to create embryos. She recommended we do not risk harm to the embryos by testing them with PGS and we agreed, because we have had no abnormal embryos in the past through our recurrent miscarriages (cause by a uterine septum).
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Odom)
Every nurse was very warm, friendly, and informative at every appointment. I always felt like I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with USC.
They are great at communicating and providing warm bedside manner. Sometimes the finance department was not the best at communicating our bills clearly but was always cleared up by asking more questions. They do their treatments in the morning, so the earlier you arrive, the better!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
The waiting room was pleasant with free coffee and plenty of seating. There is a sign in sheet that is used to call patients in order. Some days were busier than others but we never had to wait an intolerable length of time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
The consultation was $350 I believe, but went towards our treatment once we decided to move forward. The clinic offers a 40% discount for the fertility preservation treatment due to my cancer diagnosis. This was very helpful to us. We also had to do a FDA screening because we likely will have to use a surrogate in the future. The clinic also set us up with organizations that provided free medication to cancer patients which was so incredibly helpful, they took a lot of stress off our shoulders. Our total costs after discount was around $7,000.
Dr Chung recommends we transfer 2 embryos when we decide to move forward with IVF, to increase our chances of having one baby. I agree with this.
Los Angeles

Dr. Chung is incredibly kind and knowledgable. She is able to be a superb medical professional at the same time as being a compassionate cheerleader. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor on this emotionally sensitive journey. We have a nurse who is our contact person for any questions and Dr. Chung makes herself available for questions anytime as well.... she took the time to explain everything, but also approached the interaction with us in a way that made it feel like we were a team.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
From our first meeting with Dr. Chung for a consultation, we knew she was a great fit for us. She is incredibly knowledgeable in her field and extremely thorough. That day she took the time to explain everything, but also approached the interaction with us in a way that made it feel like we were a team. Moving forward in our journey, she always provided a wealth of information and support. She was always supportive and hopeful through our three failed IUIs. Now that we are working through IVF, I could not imagine working with another doctor. She has been so supportive! Always available when I had questions during my egg retrieval process and when I had concerns afterward and leading up to our fresh transfer. It ended in a chemical pregnancy, but throughout the time where we were tracking our beta, she was realistic, but optimistic which was super helpful because it was such a sensitive time. We just saw her this week for our frozen transfer. It is always a pleasure to work with her and we always feel at ease.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She is so kind, thoughtful, and thorough. She always put our minds at ease.
For my egg retrieval we used a long protocol. I was on birth control and Lupron then Gonal-F and Menopur. I responded very well and 25 eggs were retrieved, of which 5 reached blastocyst stage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Leslie and Pam)
Leslie was our initial nurse who was our point of contact for all of our IUI procedure and the start of our IVF. She left on maternity leave shortly before we began stimulation for our egg retrieval. We have been working with Pam ever since and she has been just as wonderful. Both Leslie and Pam are incredibly compassionate and patient. Both have always been available to answer questions and provide reassurance at any time.
Describe your experience with USC.
We love our clinic! It was recommended by my primary doctor and we could not be happier. Everyone there is super supportive and kind. When we have seen other doctors for scans and monitoring, they have all been exemplary. The front desk staff is patient and kind and the folks in the financial department are too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Monitoring hours were very convenient for both mine and my husbands schedule. They are early from 7:30-9:30 on weekdays and around the same time on weekends. There were options seven days a week which was incredibly helpful. If I had any conflicts, the clinic was willing to work with us. There was sometimes a long wait, but it varied and did not impact my work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Since I am an employee at USC, I did receive a slight discount on select portions of our IVF retrieval/fresh transfer, but not on our Frozen Embryo Transfer. The IVF retrieval, fresh transfer and medication was around $15,000 and the Frozen Embryo Transfer and medication was about $3600.
Our doctor used standard guidelines for our transfers given my age and diagnosis. She was very clear about the potential outcomes of transferring two embryos. We felt very comfortable with the information provided to move forward with her recommendations.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karine Chung at USC.

Dr. Chung treated me exceptionally well, she always explained everything in detail when I didn't understand the procedure or had any sort of question Dr. Chung and her staff was always a call or email away. I never felt as if i was just a "number" or "another" patient I truly felt like Dr. Chung really cares for each and one of her patients, we felt she was helping us reach our #1 goal to have a family..
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
I would advice a feature patient to walk in with an open mind. Dr. Chung will load you up with information like no one else she will make sure you understand everything as well as have answered all your questions. Follow all advice given by Dr. Chung and nurse.
Dr. Chung is an amazing Dr. should would take the time to call be back when i had a question or concern. Her nurse as well did the same i never felt alone.
As a male fertility factor one of our protocols was to try the semen analysis protocol to try and get pregnant naturally since husband suffers of retrograded ejaculations do to cancer and the first time we tried this protocol his sperm reversed,so we were told to try it again which consisted of being abstinence 3-5 days. 1. Begin Sudafed (with pseudo ephedrine) 2 tablets (30mg each) three times a day starting three days prior to semen analysis 2. Take 2 alkaseltzer tablets in the morning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
Terry was an amazing nurse, she always made sure to get back to be by then end of the day or sooner. all the staff was extremely nice warming and friendly. always felt like an amazing place to be. with many helping hands
Describe your experience with USC.
Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming, the only down fall would probably be sometimes getting someone of the phone to actually to talk to right away with out having to wait a couple of hours to get a call back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
our estimated care cost is at about 8k.
our Dr. recommended that we get two embryos transfer. why? because or odds would be greater incase one doesn't attach maybe the other one will, and if they both do then we'll be blessed with twins.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karine Chung at USC.

Dr Chung listens well to our concerns and addresses them knowledgeably and carefully. She seems very proactive in helping us as an individual couple. She explains things in ways we can understand. She is candid yet talks about our situation in a way that maintains our dignity. I really appreciate that, especially for my husband because fertility treatment can feel so embarrassing.... Dr Chung is quick to reply to my emails when I have any questions and shows empathy
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
Trust her to listen to what you want and feel. Then trust her judgment in how to best move forward.
Dr Chung is quick to reply to my emails when I have any questions and shows empathy with my worri s or feats. She shows compassion as we work together to do what we can to achieve our pregnancy goals.
She ordered tests for me first to rule out any physical reasons why I’d been unable to conceive. We tried a cycle of clomid with timed intercourse. We are now mid-cycle with IVF
They are kind and helpful. They are quick to communicate with me anything I need to know or answer my questions.
Describe your experience with USC.
This clinic is pretty easy to get to, located downtown. I’ve not had long wait times, and people are always kind when I go for blood draws and ultrasounds. They seem orderly and clean. Sometimes I wish the hours were more flexible, but I’ve never had a problem making an appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
The prices seem very competitive with other clinics.
Our doctor was great about listening to us and agreeing to transfer multiple embryos, especially at my age. I think she takes each case individually and adjusts to the patient.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karine Chung at USC.

We tried two IVF cycles with medications [with Dr. Karine Chung] but never got viable eggs and had to abort the cycle each time. We currently are pursuing egg donor IVF...always very compassionate with us...She answered our myriad questions with patience. We attempted two IVF cycles with her and then after a break in treatment we have decided to return to her to try egg donation.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
Dr. Chung is clearly very competent and was compassionate with us. She answered our myriad questions with patience. We attempted two IVF cycles with her and then after a break in treatment we have decided to return to her to try egg donation.
Be prepared with a list of questions and take notes because there is a lot of information.
Dr. Chung was always very compassionate with us.
We tried two IVF cycles with medications but never got viable eggs and had to abort the cycle each time. We currently are pursuing egg donor IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri was great and also answered all our questions. The staff were all well trained and were good at drawing blood. We enjoyed their sense of humor as well.
Describe your experience with USC.
There's usually a wait and sometimes it's hard to know for how long. Mornings are particularly busy. Like most fertility clinics they don't take insurance. The financial counselors are great but sometimes it's hard to figure out all of the fees. They don't validate parking. There are great places to eat around.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Roughly $11k IVF, roughly $5K meds, though we weren't charged for everything because we did not complete the cycles. Sometimes there were additional fees such as ultrasounds.
We didn't have experience with this

2013 - 2018
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She’s the best. I have seen many doctors during the few years, and she is easily the best doctor that has ever treated me. In addition, she is immersed in research and an educator which elevates her knowledge and approach to you as a patient....She is fantastic and incredibly warm. She remembers all the details of your case, it is very personal. Even when delivering hard news, she is compassionate and warm but clear.
2013 - 2018
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Go to the office early!
I don’t remember, it was in 2013-2014
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Terrie)
They are great as well. Warm, knowledgeable and are available by phone and email.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are reputation, operating hours and staff. I would say the negatives are it can get busy and you may have a fellow from the medical school in the room with you which can be awkward at first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It was organized. I liked going as early as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Don’t remember, seemed competitive for the LA/OC area. As a cancer survivor, Chung has a discounted program.
She does tailor number, 3 vs 5 to each individual.
What specific things went wrong at USC?

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Every question and concern [with Dr. Karine Chung] was adddressed with timely compassion...We went to several doctors before we settled on her. She was thoughtful and treated us like more than a number. We felt like our losses and successes were hers. We had unique circumstances, which she handled with grace and competency...we had to go on lots more meds than the average person.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
Go to her and don’t look back!
Every question and concern was adddressed with timely compassion.
I’m afraid i don’t remember much except that we had to go on lots more meds than the average person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri helped us every step of the way. I had several scenarios where we weren’t able to get meds ordered fast enough and she answered and provided for us.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are that they are very organized and you aren’t just a number to them. Can’t think of any weaknesses other than my own hesitations and fears about the process. Choose wisely as you get what you pay for!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Super easy to get in. Hours were long so you could make it. Appointments moved fast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
$25,000 for my meds and the process including my husband’s ICSI.
She let us choose, with her expert opinion but without judgement.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karine Chung at USC.

She [Dr. Chung] was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude....Nice office []USC Fertility] and doctor... Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude.
Just go along with the ride.
Nice office and doctor
Sorry don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Everyone was compassionate and organized. We were happy to see people and were excited for their hope.
Describe your experience with USC.
No weaknesses. Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends. Super grateful to have gotten to know everyone.
$25,000 for total package
Los Angeles
She [Dr. Chung] said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her. ... Be open to the options she recommends. ... Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation [at USC] ... She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her.
Be open to the options she recommends.
She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
We just did testing
Very nice. Just did blood draws with them.
Describe your experience with USC.
Very long wait times even with an appointment, so be prepared to wait. There were always many people in waiting room and then even when you are in your private room for appt you will have to wait longer than you think.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation and process would have been approx $13k each cycle