Medical SchoolU. of Oklahoma
FellowshipU. of Wisconsin
840 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
405-271-1616
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Karl Hansen to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend OU Physicians Reproductive Health to a friend?
2014 - 2018
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I have went thru several losses including a stillbirth so Dr Hanson worked thru my anxiety of doing treatments. He has changed my treatments to fit me not just text book treatments. The first retrieval I felt like it wasn't going to be successful and Dr Hanson kept talking to me about positivity and keeping my faith.... 1st retrieval- follistim, ganirelix, menopur 75mg, and trigger shot. 14 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized without assistance, 2 "B+" eggs, 9 "B" eggs, 2 "C" eggs. The 2 "B+" eggs were transferred on day 5 the rest did not make it to freeze. Negative pregnancy test. 2nd retrieval- birth control, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger shot. 18 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized on their own, transferred 2 grade "B" on day 3, 2 made it to freeze. Negative pregnancy
2014 - 2018
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Write down your questions, keep your faith, and let dr hanson do what he does best which is try to get you the baby of your dreams.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Dr Hanson has compassion for his patients and I felt like I was his only patient when I'm talking to him.
Describe the protocols Karl Hansen used in your cycles at OU Physicians Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Connie W)
They are all amazing! I couldn't ask for a better support team. They know everything I'm going thru and each step to help me thru
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Billing department could use some help because they couldn't get Attain program corrected in during billing process but everything else was great. Make sure to have your insurance in order. Know your benefits and contact them if you have questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
8900 for single egg retrieval and transfer. We chose to do the Attain program so it gave us more chances
Describe Karl Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
We transferred as many as we felt comfortable transferring
Oklahoma City
Dr Karl Hansen’s bedside manner was exemplary. He was warm, genuine, and extremely approachable....Dr Hansen was a phenomenal doctor. I found him to be very good at what he does, as well a very kind person.... I used drugs including Clomid and progesterone shots to prepare for the IUI cycle. I completed one IUI cycle with Dr Hansen, which was unsuccessful, and also did a HSG scan prior to this. I used drugs including Clomid and progesterone shots to prepare for the IUI cycle. I completed one IUI cycle with Dr Hansen, which was unsuccessful, and also did a HSG scan prior to this.
How was your experience with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Dr Hansen was a phenomenal doctor. I found him to be very good at what he does, as well a very kind person. I would recommend him to anyone needing RE services in a heartbeat. He listened to my concerns, answered all of my questions to my satisfaction, was not hurried during appointments, and clearly explained what he would be doing in any procedures.
I used drugs including Clomid and progesterone shots to prepare for the IUI cycle. I completed one IUI cycle with Dr Hansen, which was unsuccessful, and also did a HSG scan prior to this. I took a one month break before the next IUI and during that time became pregnant with no assistance. I am now 27 weeks pregnant. Dr Hansen was very happy for us! One previous OB mentioned that he had noticed an apparent correlation between patients who had the HSG procedure and subsequently fell naturally pregnant the following month or two. This happened in our case, so we will wonder if maybe it made a difference for us. This other OB theorized that perhaps the HSG dye clbeing flushed through the tubes cleared away congestion in the tubes to increase the likelihood of fertilization.
The nursing staff was very good! They were all warm, professional, and friendly.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
The clinic staff was very helpful with billing and insurance questions. They Answered my questions gladly, and were Efficient making and keeping appointments. Overall great experience with office staff.
I think IUIs were around $1250 per cycle including everything, medications, iui procedure, related appointments, labs.
Oklahoma City
Speak up if you need additional information and he [Dr. Hansen] will happily talk with you and help you feel heard and understood...He spoke with me on the phone for a long time after our second failed IUI and we changed the medication I was taking and created a new plan...My husband and I both appreciated him so much while we were undergoing treatments. He had a great balance of knowledge and bedside manner
How was your experience with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
My husband and I both appreciated him so much while we were undergoing treatments. He had a great balance of knowledge and bedside manner I’m typing because I have to keep typing to meet minimum character count ?
Speak up if you need additional information and he will happily talk with you and help you feel heard and understood
2 months of IUI with clomid and trigger shot Planned to do 1 month of IUI with femara but we decided to do just a medicated cycle because the insemenation date was while we were traveling for Christmas so we decided to try on our own and our daughter was born 9 months later in September!
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Monica, Ashley, Cynthia, Amber )
The nurses were AMAZING. Always called by 2 in the afternoon with my blood results and were very compassionate when it was bad news and rejoiced with me when it was good! Always felt support from them. They were wonderful
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
It was a great clinic! .why do I have to keep typing ..... I have nothing to say about this - it was a great clinic... good layout .... still typing ... Still typing ... Still typing ...
Around $700 for each IUI with meds and ultrasounds
We briefly spoke about this when we were choosing our course of treatment and he gave us statistics that would have made us comfortable with either option. It was very helpful and informative because we thought we would automatically want to transfer 2 but that wasn’t the cas after hearing th stats
Oklahoma City
I was extremely impressed with Dr.Hansen. The appointment did not feel rushed and he answered all my questions, educated me on lab results and discussed next steps. He was sensitive to our journey and performed only necessary tests. He was honest but still had a caring way of delivering information.... Mr.Hansen provided my husband and I with all of our options. He listened to our concerns and educated us on areas we had questions in.
How was your experience with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Come prepared with previous lab results and detailed history. This will help Dr.Hansen to better understand your fertility journey and get the ball rolling quicker on his plan for you.
Dr. Hansen suspected low progesterone and advised me to take suppositories during my luteal phase. We will try this for 5 months before moving onto the next treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is an amazing nurse. She communicates with me in a timely manner and is always quick to return phone calls.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Wait time has never been longer than 15 minutes and I like that the location of the office is secluded in the office building. They have their own lab but also let you work with one you prefer using. Every staff member is friendly and helpful. I have not had a negative experience here yet!
My costs were covered by insurance.
Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Hansen was very knowledgable and explained the potential treatment options. Overall, I was satisfied with Dr. Hansen's care. However, on one occasion, I did feel that he could have been more compassionate when discussing the possibility that we could suffer a miscarriage...The nursing staff was excellent. A nurse did my IUI and did an excellent job.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
The nursing staff was excellent. A nurse did my IUI and did an excellent job.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Overall, our experience with the clinic was great. Our insurance did not cover the actual IUI, which was ok. I believe it cost $400. However, we did have several issues getting a few ultrasounds covered after the fact and it took almost a year of talking with the billing department and my insurance to get it corrected.
I believe the IUI cost $400.
Oklahoma City
After trying to conceive for over 2 years and 2 miscarriages my obgyn sent me to Dr. Hansen. He monitored me as my levels returned to normal after my second miscarriage. Then he ran several tests and performed cleaned out my tubes with a saline wash. He found "unexplained infertility". He said I had a good chance of getting pregnant through IUI and Clomid. He was correct! He monitored me biweekly, then weekly until I was 11weeks. Now baby girl is healthy and well.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
The receptionist was so friendly at every visit. It was nice to see a smiling face when you are nervous. I remember being greeted by the nurses. The staff always seemed to remember me and ask about specific things going on in my life.