Medical SchoolU. of Cincinnati
FellowshipWash U. St. Louis
10506 Montgomery RD
Cincinnati, OH 45242
513-865-1675
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kasey Reynolds to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bethesda Fertility Center to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Reynolds made us feel like she genuinely cared about the outcome of our treatments. She acknowledged all of our concerns very warmly and patiently and never made us feel like we had too many questions or that she didn’t have time to answer us. ... She gave us all our options and allowed us to make an informed decision on the route we wanted to take. She didn’t try to persuade us to go one way or the other.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr Reynolds very carefully took her time to explain the aspects of infertility and more specifically what our struggles meant for our chances of conceiving. She gave us all our options and allowed us to make an informed decision on the route we wanted to take. She didn’t try to persuade us to go one way or the other. She was able to express what we should expect from our first iui cycle but still gave us hope that even if it was not successful she was very confident that we would be able to conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to fully understand all your options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Kasey Reynolds used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At my consultation appointment we got right down to business. Dr Reynolds performed a quick transvaginal ultrasound to check out the lining of my uterus and my ovaries. She also ordered bloodwork to check my overall health and hormone levels. The results came back pretty quickly and she was able to order a repeat of one of the labs that she was concerned about. For my first cycle we decided to try a medicated iui. Based on my labs she started me off on a pretty high dose of clomid (100mg) per day for 5 days starting day 3 of my cycle. Midway she asked that I come in for a SIS ultrasound which was quite painful. My ovaries and eggs were checked at this appointment as well. After the ultrasound we decided that I should do my ovidrel trigger shot because I had several follicles that were ready and was nearing ovulation. 36 hours later I went back in for my iui. It wasn’t very quick and just a little painful because of the position of my uterus.
The nurses were great. Very personable and also very willing to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic offers an app that was an amazing way to communicate with all the staff involved in my treatment. I was also able to track what came next on the app as well. I have no complaints about the clinic at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center.
My iui was roughly $500 for the insemination and sperm wash. The medication was about $120, this included the clomid and ovidrel trigger shot.
Cincinnati

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center.

She [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] did an aggressive treatment and really upped my meds (gonal f, menopur, lupron) to try to get as many as we could but even with the increase in meds, they were only seeing around 6 follicles...We reset and did a menopur only cycle and it worked so much better! We got 13 (the most I’ve ever had). 11 fertilized, we did a day 3 transfer bc the majority weren’t looking great. They didn’t take and the rest had arrested by day 5 again.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She’s amazing. She’s very good at her job and I would go back to her again and again. My body doesn’t respond as it should, and she very much tackled our case and tried everything she could to get us pregnant.
Trust her! She genuinely cares about you.
She genuinely cares! She and her whole staff are so welcoming. And they really take the time to know your story.
My body doesn’t respond as it should, so even though my levels were normal, I wasn’t producing many follicles at our old clinic. She did an aggressive treatment and really upped my meds (gonal f, menopur, lupron) to try to get as many as we could but even with the increase in meds, they were only seeing around 6 follicles, which made no sense! She canceled that round (which I’m very thankful for bc I didn’t want to go through a retrieval for only 6 since our embryos always arrest by day 5.) We reset and did a menopur only cycle and it worked so much better! We got 13 (the most I’ve ever had). 11 fertilized, we did a day 3 transfer bc the majority weren’t looking great. They didn’t take and the rest had arrested by day 5 again. By the time we had done this with her we were at the end of our 4th IVF attempt (having done 2 rounds at a different clinic.) So with her advising us, we have decided to stop trying via IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. You can tell they all really enjoy their jobs and care about you.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
I don’t have any complaints. The atmosphere is happy and pleasant. Even the way they decorate is homey and not clinical. I loved how they handled retrieval day, it was very seamless and when I did have some high blood pressure afterwards, 3 nurses hung out with me until it came down. Their biggest strength is the people working there.
Our IVF cycle cost around $10k, which was after a military discount (how cool is it that they offer that?!).
Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Reynolds has supported our treatment from the start. She worked with us, our schedule, our finances to help us understand the prognosis and what would be next. She never 'did the same' again if it didn't work the first time, she always adjusted the plan of action.... Antagonist protocol. I wasn't as strong of a responder as expected so we had to crank up the drugs and go an extra day- but we ended up with 17 eggs retrieved. For both FETs we did lupron with progresterone - after a body rash during the FET, we added/adjusted meds for the next FET.
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions. You'll always get the answers, but it's important to know everything during these treatments!
Dr. Reynolds always makes a point to make sure we understand what is going on, is available via email for questions and is also expresses empathy.
I have worked with several nurses, did have a primary nurse during IVF, but not one prior to that. After the first primary nurse, when we did an FET, we got another nurse. I was okay with that - but I did have to communicate to the practice I felt that nurse could be better with responding/communicating to me and turning around schedules faster.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
This clinic is great, they are on time most all the time, only have had to wait occasionally. It's private and you feel comfortable going in. They have made it very spa like so you do not feel it's so doc office like. The one weakness, which I understand, is that they are not on an electronic medical record, so you do not get to see your results online, do not have appt reminders electronically - that is something to get used to.
All based on insurance coverage! This is hard to describe, but the IUI were about $350 (plus meds). IVF 'package' was competitively priced and offered small discount for pay in full.
Describe Kasey Reynolds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
She encouraged 1 (as did embryologist) the first time - as they said it was beautiful. that failed, so she was ok with 2 next time.
What specific things went wrong at Bethesda Fertility Center?

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] takes the time to explain the risks and connected me with a trusted specialty doctor for my damaged tube surgery... I have two surgeries last year to remove scar tissue and one damaged fallopian tube...Interactions with her can seem impersonal at times when they are busy and she was quick to suggest IVF after my surgeries...Very caring and passionate about what she does as a fertility doctor...
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Very caring and passionate about what she does as a fertility doctor. She takes the time to explain the risks and connected me with a trusted specialty doctor for my damaged tube surgery. Interactions with her can seem impersonal at times when they are busy and she was quick to suggest IVF after my surgeries. This was not the intent or my expectation, per previous discussions, as based on the results of my 1st surgery I was told we would be able to continue with IUI with more success.
Ask for THEIR practices' success rates not the general medical success rates which are quoted
I loved Dr. Kasey Reynolds as my fertility doctor. However, I feel like this clinic may be overwhelmed with too many patients which made me feel more like a number than a human most of the time. I have two surgeries last year to remove scar tissue and one damaged fallopian tube. Afterwards, they seemed too quick to suggest IVF in my opinion. Office staff actually told me I was no longer a patient after taking a 3 month break...
Average dose of Letrozole was prescribed to help me ovulation consistently month-to-month initially. This was bumped up slightly prior to my first IUI. After the surgeries and my two failed IUIs, she wanted to prescribe me clomid over July 4th weekend although my insurance would not pay for it. Later I found out that it would have only been a few bucks out of pocket AFTER countless hours on the phone with the insurance company vs. doctors vs. pharmacy battles and ending up missing that cycle's opportunity. That is when we decided to take our break.
One nurse told me very coldly, after our three month break, we were no longer patients...and that I needed to go to my gynecologist for testing on why I became unexpectedly dizzy and fell. Another nurse, office manager and Dr. Reynolds all reached out to me to apologize for the comment. However, they discounted it saying she did not mean it that way.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Weaknesses: can treat you like a number, do not have a support system aligned with the clinic like others in the area do, quote medical success rates instead of their own practices' success rate, some nurses can be rude and cold in their tones and words Strengths: very passionate doctor Dr. Reynolds, loves what she does, willing to take a few extra minutes to comfort you after hearing bad news, will refer to you the best trusted docs she knows if additional surgeries are needed
IUI was $400/each, ovulation trigger shots were $100, IVF was going to be appx. $8,000/each. I have no insurance coverage for fertility specific care.
No preferences. She stated the facts as black and white with statistics.
What specific things went wrong at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Cincinnati

been challenging finding days when Dr Reynolds is in for my next appointment...She's very nice. I've only met with her once so far...She's young and energetic. Easy to talk to. Friendly and warm personality. Helpful. Good at explaining things. Talks fast but willing to explain things again....she was honest and hopeful. She told me with my issues it might take time, but it wouldn't be impossible for me to get pregnant. She was recommended to me by my obgyn. Excited to go back to see her.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She's young and energetic. Easy to talk to. Friendly and warm personality. Helpful. Good at explaining things. Talks fast but willing to explain things again. I've only seen her once so far but she was honest and hopeful. She told me with my issues it might take time, but it wouldn't be impossible for me to get pregnant. She was recommended to me by my obgyn. Excited to go back to see her.
Ask questions. She talks fast.
She's very nice. I've only met with her once so far. Talked very fast but explains things well!
None yet
Nice!
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Its hard to say because I've only been there once. The day I was there seemed to be a busy hectic day for the office staff. Everyone was running around, but the nurses acted calm when taking my blood. Is been challenging finding days when Dr Reynolds is in for my next appointment. The office is 45 minutes away, but thev staff has been helpful when I've tried to schedule another appointment. They also let me wait until all my test results are in to come back for a followup, that way I don't have to pay for extra visits.
Haven't got bills yet

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Reynolds is friendly and puts you at ease quickly. She is knowledgeable and helps you do understand exactly what the treatment is going to be. She would sit with us to explain what is going on and she had a positive attitude towards our goals.... Dr. Reynolds is efficient and knowledgeable, but also friendly and funny and puts you at ease. I had to leave the clinic because Bethesda does not do frozen donor egg transfers and I miss her!
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She is great, so make sure you request her as your doctor if you are going to Bethesda Fertility Clinic.
I do not remember these, as they occurred in 2016- and first half of 2017
The nurses were great! They were friendly and compassionate but also knowledgeable and got back to me quickly.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Reynolds is great, great clinic atmosphere, they conducted a 2 hour IVF class when we were first started IVF, which was so helpful. Weaknesses: The lab only does fresh donor egg transfers and we wanted to do frozen so we had to move to a new clinic. I was sad to leave them.
The one IVF cycle I did I actually won via a raffle with the clinic! (Too bad it didn't work). The IUI's and other procedures I think cost around 3-4K total, since my insurance covered a lot of it.
I do know know Dr. Reynold's approach to multiple embryo transfers. She only did IUI's for me.
Cincinnati

I felt like talking to Dr. Reynolds was like talking with a friend. She was honest, funny and supportive. She answered any question I had or still do have...Dr. Reynolds, in my experience, has no weaknesses at this point in time. She is a great listener, never makes you feel rushed, answers questions you might think are silly or dumb. She is happy to answer phone calls and emails...
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Make sure you create a list of questions no matter how you feel about them. You might think they are silly or dumb but she wont and she will answer any of them.
I felt like talking to Dr. Reynolds was like talking with a friend. She was honest, funny and supportive. She answered any question I had or still do have. My staff was also friendly and welcoming. I got phone calls back immediately and never felt like they didnt care about my journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty )
I have only had experience with two nurses. Both were friendly and easy to engage with. They answered any questions I had and were honest when I needed to speak with a doctor.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get in touch with. It is easy to make appointments and to fill out paperwork before your visit. I found other options in my city were a lot harder to get in touch with.