Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins
FellowshipCornell
W129 N7055 Northfield Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
262-253-5400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kate Schoyer to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 80%Neutral: 20%9

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr Schoyer was very thorough during our consultation in giving us our treatment options. We have male factor and she recommended us seeing the urologist before starting treatments or doing a practice sperm wash. She then left the room and we felt like we didn’t have a set “plan”. Then the financial lady came in to talk to us... We attempted an IUI cycle (myself on letrozole) with monitoring and we used that as our practice wash.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Dr Schoyer was very thorough during our consultation in giving us our treatment options. We have male factor and she recommended us seeing the urologist before starting treatments or doing a practice sperm wash. She then left the room and we felt like we didn’t have a set “plan”. Then the financial lady came in to talk to us (insurance doesn’t cover infertility treatments), and asked her if we could talk to Schoyer again, and she had moved onto her next appointment. Understandable. The financial lady was able to talk us through our thoughts, which were cost related, and we did end up leaving with a plan. We attempted an IUI cycle (myself on letrozole) with monitoring and we used that as our practice wash. Unfortunately we ended up canceling the IUI because of sperm numbers, and then saw the urologist. In the end that was her original recommendation, but financially it made sense to put our money towards an attempted IUI. We’ve been seeing the urologist and are getting ready to attempt our 2nd IUI before moving onto IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Ask lots of questions, and if you’re the type of person who likes to have a set “plan”, be sure you leave with one
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
She was very direct and to the point, she did show she cared and in the end we walked away with a good plan.
Describe the protocols Kate Schoyer used in your cycles at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin and their degree of success.
First IUI cycle; 2.5 mg of letrozole days 3-7. Ultrasound to monitor, had one good size follicle. Tested using the clear blue OPK until a smiley. Scheduled IUI for the following day. Semen results weren’t good so we cancelled that cycle for further testing.
I had Carol the NP do my monitoring ultrasound and she was fantastic! The nurses on the phone were also very knowledgeable and helpful.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
They reply to messages very promptly and answer all questions. At times the scheduling department can have long wait times on the phone. They do book far out so it can be difficult to get the days/times you want. And they don’t all work Mon-Fri. But they are open on weekends and most holidays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Consultations are around $500. IUI with monitoring is $1300
Menomonee Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.

Dr. Schoyer was wonderful to work with. We felt that she was very respectful, while still delivering honest feedback. While we suffered negative results and setbacks, she constantly reassured us and adjusted our treatment plan to achieve better results. She was great with responding to our questions and concerns, even over the weekends through their online messaging. We felt like we were in great hands with Dr. Schoyer and would recommend her to anyone.
Even though she was in charge of our care plan, the way their clinic works you might not see her for every appointment. However, we had great experiences with all the other caregivers and were able to speak directly with Dr. Schoyer any time we needed.
She really took the time to talk with us and get to know us as we went through treatment.
After a full workup, we decided to attempt IUI. The first was done in a natural cycle and was unsuccessful. The following three were completed in a medicated cycle with clomid and HCG trigger shots. All three were unsuccessful and we then made the decision to switch to IVF. Our first IVF cycle utilized the most basic protocol. We were disappointed in our outcome with only 2 viable day 5 embryos. We attempted one fresh and one frozen transfer, both unsuccessful. For our second round of IVF, we escalated to a Lupron protocol with hopes of getting more, high quality embryos. This protocol yielded more than double the amount of day 5 embryos. We transferred one fresh (negative outcome) and one frozen to achieve pregnancy.
The nurses we dealt with were all extremely knowledgable and empathetic. We felt they genuinely cared about us and were rooting for our success.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
The clinic is clean and professional. The great thing about the facility is that all procedures can be performed in the same office. So from ultrasound monitoring to egg retrieval, we were comfortable and familiar with the settings.
Describe Kate Schoyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Her clinic is a strong proponent of single embryo transfer and has a lot of research and data that they presented to back this up. However, they do leave the final decision up to the patient and will respect your decisions on how many embryos to transfer.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I feel like when I do see the doctor [Dr. Schoyer] it seems so rushed that she's hardly taken the time to get to know myself or my husband as people. I know her job is mainly to get us pregnant but I feel that she could be a little more personal as this is a very personal and difficult journey. She is always polite and nice to us just lacking on the understanding of getting to know us. I wish our appointments weren't always so abrupt.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I feel like when I do see the doctor it seems so rushed that she's hardly taken the time to get to know myself or my husband as people. I know her job is mainly to get us pregnant but I feel that she could be a little more personal as this is a very personal and difficult journey. She is always polite and nice to us just lacking on the understanding of getting to know us. I wish our appointments weren't always so abrupt.
Be firm on what you want. Don't be afraid to ask her to elaborate or explain something again. I know she can talk kind of quickly and sometimes seems like she's rushing but don't be afraid to ask her to be in the moment with you. This is an incredibly personal journey and you need to feel confident in the doctor you are working with.
Everytime I go to the office they are very busy and usually running behind. I typically will get in about 5-15 minutes later than my scheduled appointment. When I do finally see the doctor it is so brief that I hardly have time to think of the questions I have prepared and asked them.
We first did one cycle of Femara with time intercourse, ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. I had on mature follicle. This did not result in a pregnancy. Second, we did an IUI with Femara, ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. The NP did the IUI, not Dr Schoyer. I had one mature follicle. She also did a follow-up progesterone level 1 week after the IUI. This IUI did not result in a pregnancy. Third, we did a second IUI with Femara (we upped my dose from 2.5mg to 5mg), ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. I had two mature follicles. I am currently 1 week into my two week wait to see if IUI #2 was a success.
Some of the nurses I have spoken to on the phone have been absolutely wonderful! Some of the nurses seemed to be lacking in compassion when it comes to such a sensitive treatment plan. Some of the nurses will really take the time to listen to my questions and answer bit others can be cold an abrupt. It seems to be hit or miss, however, I feel like more often I have gotten compassionate nurses on the phone.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
It is a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to feel like your experience is personal. I know at times I have gone to make an appointment and literally only one time slot is available, and then the clinic runs late anyways. It can be very frustrating at times because they are not super flexible. However, some of the staff does try to be accommodating and helpful.
Our insurance is a 25,000 lifetime max and our coverage is usually pretty good. Lab work was very minimal if we had to pay anything at all. My HSG was pretty pricey, I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was in the $350-550 range. We pay $135 per ultrasound, the ultrasound with the HCG trigger shot is about $175. Our total for IUI #1 with 1 ultrasound was about $385. We did two ultrasounds for IUI #2 so I'm estimating the cost to be closer to $450-500.
We have not talked much about IUI but from what little we have discusses it sounds like Dr Schoyer is typically in favor of single embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Schoyer] did not make us feel rushed, listened to our concerns, and did a day 3 transfer related to our history of embryos arresting. We appreciated her attention to detail as well. She is a very intelligent women.... She used birth control for a few weeks, Menopur 75 and Follistim 125 adding Ganirelex closer to retrieval. They grew my eggs slow and steady since last round I stimmed too quickly. Dr Shoyer monitored me closly throughout the cycle and was very observant.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She did not make us feel rushed, listened to our concerns, and did a day 3 transfer related to our history of embryos arresting. We appreciated her attention to detail as well. She is a very intelligent women. Although she is not as soft as Dr Bosler, we felt well taken care of on various levels.
To bring a notebook as this process is so overwhelming, let the small things go (as infertility is a roller coaster of emotions), and trust the process because Dr Shoyer has a lot of wisdom and experience.
She took the time to explain every step of the way, was there for us, and we felt she did everything she could to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin. (Assigned nurse: Heather Bridgett and Andrea )
Andrea, Bridgett, and Heather were angels. They remembered our journey and previous conversations. They made us feel safe and secure during this stressful process. I could tell they wanted the best outcome for us.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Strengths-research based, time management (didn’t feel rushed ever) compassion, the package pricing, my husband said their male room is better then our previous clinic haha Weakness-not clinics fault but financial burden of IVF (we have like 0 insurance coverage), nurse line goes to voicemail a lot (but they always return the call in the same business day)
2 retrievals and unlimited FET 21k didn’t include meds
She definitely wanted us to go the single route based off research. But because of our history and the fact it was a day 3 (less info on which would survive to day 5) she was open to let us make that decision. We did decide to do 2 because of those reasons.
Menomonee Falls
She [Dr. Schoyer] reviewed everything and explained the results. She also encouraged some natural methods like weight loss which I partially credit to my success to become pregnant.
I had previous treatments and tests through my regular gynecologist. She reviewed everything and explained the results. She also encouraged some natural methods like weight loss which I partially credit to my success to become pregnant.
Ask questions and do your own research too.
I saw all three doctors at the clinic and each one was really good. They obivously read my chart before they saw me and knew specifics about me. It was the first time I went to a male gynecologist and it wasn't bad at all. They explain everything really well and I never felt rushed.
Some dr offices you get voicemail for the nurses and have to wait for call backs. At this office there is a nurse available to answer the phone during normal office hours. They followed up with me when I had to go to my primary care dr for digestive issues in the middle of treatments.

2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Schoyer was] realistic but optimistic. Pleasant bedside manner. Responsive to needs and questions....[The staff at Froedtert was] knowledgeable. Got to know me by face and name. Answered phone calls same day.
2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Realistic but optimistic. Pleasant bedside manner. Responsive to needs and questions.
Knowledgeable. Got to know me by face and name. Answered phone calls same day.

2014 - 2018
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Kate Schoyer] made us feel like we were going to get pregnant and we did. She was very kind and knew exactly what we needed. We lost a baby and she continued to make us feel like we had options. It was a long 7 year journey that she helped us through tremendously.... She was always sympathetic with what we were going through
2014 - 2018
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She made us feel like we were going to get pregnant and we did. She was very kind and knew exactly what we needed. We lost a baby and she continued to make us feel like we had options. It was a long 7 year journey that she helped us through tremendously.
Trust her, she knows what she’s doing
She was always sympathetic with what we were going through
They were friendly and sympathetic always our cheerleaders
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
They were friendly and the office was clean. You never waited too long unless a dr had an emergency. They were available whenever you needed them. They helped us through our miscarriage. Then to have our 3 month old baby girl