Medical SchoolU. of Texas
7400 Fannin
Houston, TX 77054
929 Gessner
Houston, TX 77024
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Katherine McKnight to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Houston/Houston IVF to a friend?
Endometriosis, Other
Go in with all your questions. She [Dr. McKnight] will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step...Due to my endometriosis, I am currently going through medically induced menopause for six months in order to “calm everything down” before I have a second surgery to remove “bad” tissue and create a healthy environment for IVF.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
So far, Dr. McKnight has been not only a doctor, but a part of the family. She understands she is a huge part of our life right now and embraces it. She answers all questions posed to her when we meet with her and continues to answer questions I have going through the current process we are in. Due to severe endometriosis, we decided I would go on Lupron for the next six months prior to having a second surgery to remove cyst tissue and endometriosis tissue before we start IVF. We are anxiously awakening the six month to be over and she has checked in on me and us throughout the process! It’s comforting knowing she is still in this with us, even though we are in a holding pattern.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go in with all your questions. She will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She completely explained, in normal language, the process we were about to start. Answered all of our questions, and then some. We laughed and cried with her and walk out of her office with nothing but positive and loving thoughts and feelings about her.
Describe the protocols Katherine McKnight used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Always attentive and have a smile! Return phone calls within the same day or immediately the next day. They will spend as much time with you as you need.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Overall, we have had a great experience. They give you everything you need and allow you to process information, medically and financially. All staff has been attentive and take the time to answer all question you have. They are a large clinic, so they do get busy in the mornings getting patients in and out. But when you are in the office, they take the time you need to focus on you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Total IVF Cost with ICSI: $13847.00 Medication range: $4,000- $7,000
Describe Katherine McKnight's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We have not got to that point yet but we have asked, she strictly leaves it up to you and your partner but reminds you of risks to babies and yourself with multiples.
Houston - Fannin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.

20 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred)...I was given plenty of information to make the decision to transfer either 1 or 2 embryos...always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
20 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
We did our third round of IVF with my own eggs with her - she had modified the protocol from a previous RE. From those outcomes, Dr. McKnight helped us to pivot to use a donor to help us concieve. Dr. McKnight helped us choose the right donor for us and performed the retrieval for our donor. She also did the FET that resulted in our current pregnancy (38 weeks and all looks good). This process is tough, but it was easier having Dr. McKnight in our corner. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. McKnight.
If you are on the fence of using Dr. Mcknight or using a less expensive clinic, I would recommend going straight to Dr. McKnight. We wasted time and money at a less expensive clinic - it just led to heartache and 4 long years of trying to concieve. Pick and use the best first, don't make the same mistake I did. Also, you'll love Dr. McKnight!
Dr. McKnight always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
Prior to coming to Dr. McKnight I had two IVF cycles that both resulted in plenty of eggs and 1-2 low quality embryos. She tried one more round with my own eggs with a day 3 transfer to minimize time in a test tube as this can negatively affect some embryos. We did not get pregnant with this third round of IVF and she helped me emotionally make the shift to trying using donor eggs (as she had diagnosed me with poor egg quality - a diagnosis only given after many failed IVF attempts). Dr. McKnight did the medical screening for one of our donors and found her to be of low ovarian reserve and recommended we did not use her - we followed her advice. Our next donor had a cycle before us that resulted in plenty of eggs but none that turned into viable embryos - she once again recommended we look to find a different donor. Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred). A partner in the clinic transferred our first embryo (fresh transfer) which resulted in a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage just shy of 10 weeks; it was determined to be a chromosomal abnormality that could not be found through PGS testing. Dr. McKnight did our second transfer, we are currently 38 weeks pregnant and healthy as can be.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We chose this clinic becuse they have the best success rates in the greater Houston Area. They have multiple locations, but we chose the one furthest from us (1.5 hours) because I wanted to work specifically with Dr. McKnight. Wait time was always brief, there was easy parking, and the staff is very friendly.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. McKnight] did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse...When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
For the most part, I like Dr. McKnight. When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. From the first appointment, tell her your communication preferences.
I appreciated that Dr. McKnight would be the one to do all of my scans during IVF, but she did not do my retrieval because of the day I was ready (there are 4 doctors in the clinic and they rotate days). I would have hoped she would have made a personal communication with me after the results of my retrieval were known, but she did not. She did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse.
Standard IUI: first cycle on chlomid but switched to femara when my lining did not thicken up. For egg retrieval: 225 IUs of tonal-F daily, 2 menopur daily, Lupron, and HCG. For FET: estrogen patches, PIO injections, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Davis and Judy Geroux)
Sarah Davis was pretty good for our IUI treatment. The only negative was she would go on vacation a lot and never tell us. Sometimes she would be gone on really important days like trigger day. It would be nice to know in advance if we will be talking to someone different. Judy Geroux was did not meet my satisfaction during IVF. She was very informative and responsive, but not very friendly. Sometimes she would talking down to me when I asked questions. And she was not compassionate at all when delivering our negative FET results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Strength: easy to get appointments, always get a call back that same day with results and answers. Organized. They have their process down. Love the flembologists. Negative: can sometimes feel like a number. Not all nurses are that professional.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
All were done in the morning. You were in and out quickly. Very organized.
Insurance covered a lot of it. I had all diagnostics covered, all IUIs covered, and $5k towards IVF. I paid out of pocket for PGS and medications. But for my future FETs, it will all be out of pocket.
We had 3, 5AA embryos that are genetically normal. I had a history of good lining response. Doctor gave us a 70% chance with just one embryo.
Houston - Gessner

Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug....Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.... Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her.... Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
When I was with Dr. McKnight, I was very pleased with her manner. She took the time to answer our questions, although we were so confused and uninformed in the beginning of our infertility whirlwind that this time didn't amount to much. Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.
Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her. There were a handful of visits where we expected Dr. McKnight to be there and it was just a nurse. Perhaps this is standard practice, but we didn't know and we felt let down. Other than that, I would just say to prepare questions so that the time you do get with McKnight is as effective and useful as possible. She will be candid and kind in my experience.
Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug. She also would give me the doctor perspective, but then tell me "if I was your sister, I'd say....". It was the perfect balance.
Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen. The first round began with birth control pill suppression followed by a mix of high dose gonadotropins and microdose lupron. My trigger would have been HCG followed by retrieval, ICSI and comprehensive chromosome screening on all embryos. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the meds, my estradiol stayed undetectable and I didn't even make it to trigger. A week or so after this failure I had a random follicle growing and an estradiol spike on NO medication. I was thrilled and rushed into another mini round of IVF with virtually the same protocol and tried to save the few follicles that were growing. I did my HCG trigger, but the day before my retrieval showed that my estrogen levels came crashing back down. Dr. McKnight told me this probably meant that there were no viable eggs in the follicles and she would not recommend doing egg retrieval will only one large follicle and crashing estrogen levels. I was heartbroken, but it was not McKnight's fault. I can only add that perhaps, with diminished ovarian reserve and a poor response to the first round, perhaps I should not have been on any lupron suppression? I just don't know. Perhaps we should have tried a different protocol. That being said, I think I will go back to Dr. McKnight after my stem cell therapy and try to batch with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia Silva)
Our primary nurse was Amelia. When lack of communication and compassion became an issue during the first few visits, I had a heart to heart with Amelia about our expectations and how I felt that they were not being met. Amelia listened attentively, explained that different patients like different approaches, and let me know she was glad we talked because now she understood the kind of care and interaction that I expected. I really appreciated her listening to constructive criticism and she made a clear change after that discussion. The rest of the nursing staff, however, could have been better communicators overall. Especially as IVF first timers, my husband and I often left the clinic with more questions than answers. Often we wouldn't even realize that we weren't given next steps or explanations until several hours after we left because (as you can imagine) we were very emotional, sad, and overwhelmed during the actual visits.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Dr. McKnight is intelligent, straightforward, firm, and kind....when you can actually get an appointment with her. Amelia Silva is a great nurse and takes constructive criticism. Avoid Dr. Nodler. I would say that I have PTSD from his lack of empathy. The facility is clean and professional. The nursing staff as a whole needs to better communicate to patients. They need to explain follow-up appointments, IVF protocols, and why your protocol was selected and tailored to you. Ultrasound technicians here need a LOT of work. If you are inside of me and probing my most intimate spaces, please at least explain what you are seeing and let me know that the doctor will provide further detail or a diagnosis. Overall, the communication at Houston IVF could have been much better, but the treatment itself seemed informed and professional even though it did not lead to success. I understand that my case was especially challenging and that is nobody's fault (except for my damn FMR1 gene).
The cost up front for the pre-retrieval and post-retrieval blood draws and appointments, egg retrieval and FET was $21,000.00. This was meant to get you from your first appointment through your surgeries and to your positive pregnancy test.
When my husband and I were naive enough to think we would even have these options, we asked about single vs. multiple embryo transfer. Dr. McKnight said she respects anything her patients decide to do, but strongly recommends single embryo transfer. We didn't ask for further explanation as my husband and I agreed we ought to do single embryo transfers only.
Houston - Gessner

My doctor, Dr. McKnight, was out of the office during my first embryo implant. We had decided on 2 embryos, along with Dr. McKnight’s recommendation - but right before the implant, the doctor performing the procedure wrote up everything for only 1 embryo. When we pointed out the error, he came in to try to talk us into only transferring 1, in order to avoid a higher risk of multiples. In the end, he allowed us to transfer 2 as planned
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was upfront in her communication, but also extremely encouraging and sympathetic. IVF is trying and emotional, and she was very supportive and uplifting throughout the process. We had 2 miscarriages and we just delivered a healthy baby boy a month ago!
Write down your questions ahead of time, as you’ll likely forget them at the appointments.
She really cared about us and met with us to answer all questions, before IVF, as well as after each failed attempt to determine our next course of action. She was amazing!
My husband had a vasectomy years ago and recently had it reversed. The reversal was successful, in that there was sperm flow, it just wasn’t as strong as we had hoped. Since I was mid-30s and my husband in his mid-40s, we wanted to get pregnant quickly. Dr. McKnight reviewed our tests and recommended IVF as our best course of action. We discussed doing IUI as well, as it is less invasive and less expensive; Dr. McKnight was supportive of us trying IUI as well, but we ultimately went with IVF as the success rates are much higher and we didn’t want to waste any time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gerow)
The nursing staff was fantastic. Over the course of our three IVF cycles, I became close with several of the nurses there, and even emailed my nurse with questions during my pregnancy, after we had technically graduated from the IVF clinic.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Very clean and professional. A huge benefit is that they take early appointments, at 7 or 7:30 (I can’t remember the earliest), so I wasn’t really late going to work. They also do a great job of getting you in and out quickly on the days of just blood work or ultrasounds. The waiting room is comfortable and all staff are very welcoming.
I honestly don’t remember the exact numbers; my insurance covers IVF up to a lifetime max of $25 M.
We discussed transferring either 1 or 2 embryos each cycle; given my age and health, Dr. McKnight would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos each cycle, but left it up to us if we wanted to implant 1 or 2.
Houston - Gessner

We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us.... She really was wonderful to interact with. Very personable and real! We wish she would have been more directly involved in our month by month care because we really liked interacting with her. She was always very compassionate when we scheduled re group visits after another type of treatment failed
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Maybe be more open about interactions with staff? We should have been more honorary about how our interactions weren’t always so great with them.
We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us. Although the staff was usually polite, they rarely (except for some of the nurses) even shared their names and the explanations for procedures were sometimes cold and without feeling. We also were not informed on one of our IUI’s that my uterine lining wasn’t only a 5 until after that procedure. Had we known it was so thin, we would have opted to change meds and wait until the next month to try. We felt that IUI cycle was wasted and when we shared that with the staff, they basically shrugged their shoulders and didn’t try to help or explain. They said they didn’t think the lining was that important. When we got a second opinion at CCRM in Colorado, they disagreed and said they would never have attempted with such a thin lining because of how unlikely implantation would have been. The treatment plan felt a little cookie cutter and we always felt like when we asked questions to the staff, we were annoying them.

PCOS, Unexplained
Only met with Dr. McKnight at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff...Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF... Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle...Ask up front how often you will see her and how can you get in touch with her directly if you have questions.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF. I had several questionable things occur during my cycle that she did not have an explanation for. For example, I had an 18 day luteal phase during my medicated cycle. Pregnancy test was negative. When I asked why it had lasted so long, I was just told by the nurse "we don't know, just call us when your period starts so we can start the next cycle." There was no input from Dr. McKnight whatsoever. Through my own research I found out it was likely a luteal cyst. Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle.
Only met with Dr. Mckinght at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff. Most of the time they were not warm or personable. I basically just came in for my ultrasound and blood work then left with no explanation of what what the plan was or what the treatment rationale. It definitely felt like a factory and like if you weren't doing IVF you were not a priority.
We only stayed with her for one cycle. This was my first treatment cycle ever. I have suspected PCOS. I used letrozole 5 mg days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I had two monitoring ultrasounds during the cycle that showed 3 developed follicles. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test and an extremely long luteal phase likely due to a corpus luteal cyst.
I did not have a good experience with the nursing staff. For some reason in my chart it said I was doing an IUI cycle, but we were actually doing timed intercourse. Every time I called they would refer to my cycle being IUI despite my correcting them each time. This tells me they never made the changes in my chart. There was also incorrect information relayed to Dr. McKnight and back to me from her. Overall, poor quality staff.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Clinic seems focused on IVF patients only. You are not assigned a nurse apparently unless you are doing IVF. Every time I called I spoke to someone different and there was miscommunication frequently. Clinic had a cold sterile feel to it. No one was particularly friendly towards us. Some people seem to have had a pleasant experience with them, but both my husband and I had the same feeling and decided we did not want to continue with them after our first cycle. Had much better experience elsewhere in Houston.
$400 for a monitored timed intercourse medicated cycle
Houston - Fannin

She's [Dr. Katherine McKnight] kind, compassionate and yet self assured and breeds confidence. You can sense she has the experience. She is also a bit more conservative, which I appreciate...IVF with chromosomal screening (because of multiple pregnancy losses likely due to chromosomal abnormalities). Transfer one tested embryo TK reduce risk of twins...My nurse was probably one of the better ones. The others are really ditzy and it's frustrating to interact with them. I also wish there was a 24 hr nurse's help like. Maybe that's asking too much. But when you are going through such an expensive procedure and learning to use expensive injectable meds for the first time, it would be important to have someone available to help even at 9 pm.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She's kind, compassionate and yet self assured and breeds confidence. You can sense she has the experience. She is also a bit more conservative, which I appreciate.
Dr. McKnight herself is incredibly kind, and has been in every interaction no matter how short or long. She lets me ask my myriad questions even when I come in for a simple ultrasound check. That said, I'm always one of a dozen in the waiting room and lab waiting to get our morning screenings. It feels a bit like an IVF factory. And the schedules of medications, appts etc are typically made to accommodate the doctor's work week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Their support staff is largely sub par. There is one standout - shilpa! She's smart and sweet but relatively junior. The insurance/billing Dept is a joke. Unresponsive and unhelpful. The medicine calendar instructions are ridiculously antiquated and complicated. Can they not create something digital?? That would automatically update as you go?
$15-20K for IVF with chromosomal screening
Houston - Fannin

She [Dr Katherine McKnight] goes out of her way to talk through everything, and help us understand what is going on. She doesn't rush through appointments and makes sure that you have what you need for next steps. She is willing to meet us where we are at with treatments, and explains why she thinks something will or not work. She doesn't treat us like we are just another number in the clinic, but really makes you comfortable in the care you are receiving.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight is very caring and compassionate. She goes out of her way to talk through everything, and help us understand what is going on. She doesn't rush through appointments and makes sure that you have what you need for next steps. She is willing to meet us where we are at with treatments, and explains why she thinks something will or not work. She doesn't treat us like we are just another number in the clinic, but really makes you comfortable in the care you are receiving.
If you have any questions on what is going on, just reach out to your nurse. Dr. McKnight communicates well through the nurses. If you don't receive an answer you like, or feel like you are not on the same page, set up an in person meeting.
Dr. McKnight goes out of her way to walk us through her thoughts on our treatment plans, what options we have, asking questions on how we feel about the steps we are taking, and understands when we need to take a break.
I have had a previous pregnancy, with the help of fertility treatments in a different state. Given this Dr. McKnight is very encouraging that I can once again get pregnant and is willing to follow my cue on trying IUI before moving to IVF. We have done 3 cycles of IUI, all resulting in negative pregnancy tests. The first IUI was Clomid days 5-9, and IUI ended up on CD 21. I ovulated prior to doing the trigger shot. I only had 1 dominate follicle for IUI #1. IUI #2 - Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot on CD 18 (only 1 dominate follicle), IUI on CD 20. IUI#3 - Clomid day 3-7, trigger on CD 15 (only 1 dominate follicle), IUI on CD 17. Currently on a treatment break, as we've decided to have lap surgery prior to next treatment, which we've discussed will be injectables with IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia)
Amelia is very attentive, quick, and responsive. She is always very compassionate when taking calls, or in person. The rest of the staff has always been very kind as well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I really think that this Clinic has things down to a very good system. I know some people are bothered by not seeing the doctor every time they come in, but it is very obvious that the staff are in constant contact with the Doctors to make sure they your treatment is going well. The opening of their new location on Fannin has make things even easier for me.
IUI with Clomid/Letrozol was reasonable - $1,000 a cycle. IUI with injectables was $2,000 a month + cost of meds. I don't remember specifics on IVF, but it is lower that 2 other places in our area.
Houston - Fannin

I always felt completely comfortable with Dr. McKnight and enjoyed meeting with her. My only criticism was that I'm not sure if there was a ton if communication between her and my nurse about me other than just the pure blood work numbers. I had actually moved out of state between my consultation and my FET and she was unaware at the time of my transfer that I had been doing outside monitoring.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go with her, she's great!
Dr. McKnight was very friendly and I felt very comfortable around her. While still very professional, she still was easy going and was very positive throughout my FET cycle.
I had an FET transfer, starting with birth control pills to regulate my cycle and then followed by Lupron injections, estrogen, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
My nurse was very helpful and I enjoyed speaking with her. My only complant was she was out of the office a lot. I don't want to judge since I don't know the reason behind it, but it was sometimes inconvenient when I had questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I've always felt in good hands with Houston IVF. They're clinic and office is very professional. It is a large clinic so if you want a more personal experience, this might not be the clinic for you. I, however felt completely comfortable with them and that I was given the best chance for pregnancy while with them.
I believe my FET was about $4500.
My two embryos were actually frozen together so we chose to transfer both. We were told it was most likely safe to thaw and refreeze one of our embryos, but we chose not to take the chance.
2014 - 2017
I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet. I feel like she is an excellent Doctor...Do research and ask for what you want. If you think there might be some alternatives that have not been suggested, ask. She actually suggested another medication protocol for my husband and it seems to be working. His doctor had not even suggested it at the time...
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet. I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet.
Dr McKnight is an excellent Doctor. She cares about me and what I am going through.
I had two egg retrievals and froze my eggs for when they could retrieve sperm. I used Lupron, follistim, menopur , birth control pills, and an oral steroid for my cycles. I think asking for an hsg is a good idea before a potential transfer to make sure nothing might be blocking things up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy gerow)
She was a great nurse. She worked with me on schedules and answered all calls and emails ASAP.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Make sure to ask lots of questions. There is acupuncture on site for pre and post transfer .
They set up the majority of appointments in the early morning hours so that you can get to work.
My benefits are excellent, but average retrieval and transfer run 12-15k plus meds.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. McKnight] explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. ... I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was. ... She knew from the beginning we would like to transfer 2. She didn’t love it but respected our wishes and told us the risks.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. She really was there 98% of the time. Unfortunately my fresh transfer she was at the other location but I know they have their schedules.
Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions!
She was present 98% of the time and was always kind and encouraging!
Endometrim Follistim Menopur Ganirelix Pregnyl Dexamethasome Estradiol Methyl prednisolone Azithromycin Leuprolide
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Fipps)
She was always kind and always answered my emails promptly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The facility is very nice and clean. They greeted you every time you signed in and the wait was never too long. Sarah was an amazing nurse when doing our IUI’s. I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was.
It was busy but they ran it well and I was never there long!
IUI’s $1500 each. We did 3 and medicine was about $200 each time. Our IvF was 15k and about 5k for medicine. The frozen transfer was $4500 and $1500-$2000 for medicine

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Katherine McKnight] was very kind and understanding. When it came to having to do the dnc she was there and performed it herself which made it 100% easier...She really cares about her patients. I really felt like she understood what I was going through every step of the way. I did my first IVF cycle with her and even though it didn’t result in a live birth I would still recommend her. I switched clinics only because of the cost not the doctor
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Do your research on financing
She was very kind and understanding. When it came to having to do the dnc she was there and performed it herself which made it 100% easier
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The phlebotomists were great! They really made it feel easy and I am a chicken when it comes to needles. They are very organized. I liked that a doctor does the ultrasounds here. Some clinics have nurses not ultrasound techs do their ultrasounds and it can be misleading.
I spent overall meds included around 24k
Houston - Gessner

Give her [Dr. Katherine McKnight] the time and confidence. She will hug you and cry with you but has your best interest at heart.... She was very kind and very patient. That’s what I needed. And I cried on our last appointment. She is the best! CJ and Tiffany were so special too. This business has got to be hard but ehh made it so amazing.... Dr. McKnight was amazing through the whole process.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Give her the time and confidence. She will hug you and cry with you but has your best interest at heart.
They always new my name and we’re so patient. I also enjoyed the hugs I received!
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The clinic was patient and friendly. They always knew my name and remembered me. I was so sad to leave. Though I was so happy and thrilled to be pregnant. Dr. McKnight was amazing through the whole process.