6.1

Staten Island
1855 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-283-8601

Dr. Ross took the time to respond to emails I sent her with questions or concerns. She also called me a number of times during the cycle to explain what to expect on an egg retrieval and called me both times personally to tell me the results of the PGS testing.... My frustration though was that I never saw her ONCE after the initial consultations to start IVF. I did most of my monitoring at Genesis in Staten Island where I saw a nurse practitioner for ultrasound and bloodwork.
Clinic was clean and organized. Weekday monitoring was available in Staten Island also which was more convenient to us in NJ. First come, first serve on the monitoring, so my husband and I would get there early so that we didn't have to wait. We weren't in there more than a half hour every monitoring.... Genesis offered a military discount of 25% which helped since we had no fertility coverage. Cost of an IVF w discount was approximately $3500.
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Ross is a very compassionate, caring doctor. My husband and I were very impressed with her from the start. My frustration though was that I never saw her ONCE after the initial consultations to start IVF. I did most of my monitoring at Genesis in Staten Island where I saw a nurse practitioner for ultrasound and bloodwork. I went to Brooklyn Surgery Center for 2 egg retrievals in which 2 different doctors performed them and not Dr Ross. Although I really liked Dr Ross, I felt like I never saw her for any of the treatment. I greatly appreciated her taking the time to respond to emails and call me but I would have liked to actually see her...particularly to perform the retrievals. If I did IVF again, I am not sure I would go to Genesis due to this. We live in NJ so we had to drive to Staten Island and Brooklyn for all the monitoring and retrievals. So not sure it was worth it in the long run for all that driving to never see the doctor we chose in the first place.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Don't expect her to do all your retrievals, if any. Not sure if she would be the one doing the transfer, as we sadly never made it to that step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Ross had me do mini IVF ( low stimulation) cycles. She chose this due to my age and diminished ovarian reserve along with us paying all of the IVF costs out of pocket. She had me on 100 mg of Clomid daily and 150 IU of Menopur every other day on the first cycle. After only getting 2 follicles, and ending up retrieving only 1 egg on the first cycle, she upped the Menopur to 150 IU daily for round 2.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I wish that I had a primary nurse coordinator as I know they have at other fertility clinics. The nurses were all very nice over the phone but my daily call with instructions was from different nurses.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic was clean and organized. Weekday monitoring was available in Staten Island also which was more convenient to us in NJ. First come, first serve on the monitoring, so my husband and I would get there early so that we didn't have to wait. We weren't in there more than a half hour every monitoring. We didnt really go to the Genesis Bayside office other than 1 weekend monitoring and the initial consultation and IVF training.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Well oiled machine. First come, first serve. Went to Staten Island for all but one monitoring session that fell on the weekend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Genesis offered a military discount of 25% which helped since we had no fertility coverage. Cost of an IVF w discount was approximately $3500. If we had at least 3 cycles, then one transfer was included. Retrieval was done at the Brooklyn Surgery Center in the same building as Genesis Bayside Parkway office. The cost to the Surgery Center was $1000 per retrieval. We also did PGS testing where there was a one time laboratory cost of $1875 (after discount) and the genetic lab charged $250 per embryo plus shipping
Describe Katherine Melzer Ross's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Ross stated that she would only transfer one embryo if we PGS tested, which we did due to having recurrent miscarriage due to chromosonal abnormalities.
Katherine Melzer Ross
Brooklyn

she [Dr. Melzer Ross] referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyo
All was great [with the nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes...all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing...Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast
Dr. Ross was our second opinion, and unbeknownst to me, I was already pregnant on my own when I saw her. She followed up with my bloodwork, made herself available and seemed interested in my case. However, when I lost the embryo at 6 weeks, things changed. She told me that she felt my autoimmune dz was causing my recurrent miscarriages, and she had exhausted all the tests to find out what was actually wrong. Then she referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyone.
All was great until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast, but all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing.
Thankfully covered by insurance.
Katherine Melzer Ross