5.7

808 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215
718.436.3747

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Ross is straightforward and has a calm demeanor. She is realistic in her expectations and explains each step of the process, including answering my many and repeat questions...I started with unmedicated IUIs, then gradually increased the number of meds I used in my IUIs. Once I switched to IVF, I started on a high dose of Gonal-F because Dr. Ross already knew how my body responded to the drug from the IUI cycles
Most nurses are compassionate and patient. A couple are matter-of-fact to a degree that can feel wanting. Most nurses answer my questions and take time to find out answers if they do not know them...Genesis has staff and doctors that have been in the field for a long time. Mostly, the clinic runs smoothly which inspires confidence. The billing department is also helpful in understanding the insurance side of things.
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Ross is straightforward and has a calm demeanor. She is realistic in her expectations and explains each step of the process, including answering my many and repeat questions. As my struggles with infertility continued, I felt that she became even more invested in my case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Ross personally oversees all aspects of my treatment, even when she is on vacation.
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I started with unmedicated IUIs, then gradually increased the number of meds I used in my IUIs. Once I switched to IVF, I started on a high dose of Gonal-F because Dr. Ross already knew how my body responded to the drug from the IUI cycles. For my next round of IVF, which is to begin next month, we are trying different meds as well as higher doses of some of the ones we have tried.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I went to two of three locations for monitoring. At one, there was usually no wait but it was only open for 45 minutes. At the other, the window was longer (about 2 hours) but there was almost always a wait - though sometimes the wait was short.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Under my insurance, for 9 IUIs and 1 round of IVF we have spent around $25,000. However, at least $12,000 of that has been for donor sperm which is separate from the clinic.
Describe Katherine Melzer Ross's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
For my first fresh transfer, Dr. Ross wanted to transfer only 1 on day 3. Since my other embryo from that retrieval had multiple abnormalities, Dr. Ross is willing to transfer 2 embryos from the next IVF cycle (assuming I get several).
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I was scheduled for a pre-op phone call with the IVF nursing department. I waited 45 minutes past the scheduled time and then I called them. They asked if we could reschedule for later the same day. Luckily, I was available.
Brooklyn

[Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross was] Very strict about single embryo transfer. Multiple embryos were not offered. Maybe because I had 3 children already and my age was 36...She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left.
[The nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine are] Knowledgeable, friendly and always available...They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well...Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine...
I started the IVF process at age 36 to try for my 4th baby (after tying my tubes). I originally saw Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross for my IVF consultation. She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left. The transfer was done by Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine. My daughter was born last month (my current age = 37) (she was born at 31 weeks & 6 days) as a preemie, but all is well. I would like to thank Dr. Ross, Dr. Grazi, Dr. Smizer (who delivered my girl via c section) and all of the doctors at Genesis for their teamwork, friendly service and genuine care during my IVF process. If I had to do it again I would definitely choose Genesis. Frozen Embryo Transfer June 2019 Success! Baby Girl Born 12/31/19.
Listen carefully and take notes. Breathe and know that you are in good hands. Don't be afraid to reach out to any doctor here.
Fresh embryo transfer, then frozen. Used progesterone suppositories, gonal f, cetrotide, ovidrel trigger shot, estradiol.
Knowledgeable, friendly and always available
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well. Early bird gets the worm
My insurance covered 85% of the costs. I paid less than $500 for meds. Storage fees for frozen sperm were included
Brooklyn
Dr. Ross was a beacon of hope in my infertility journey. I had previously been under the care of a different physician in a different clinic who made me feel like a number. Dr. Ross is the exact opposite. She has such a wonderful presence and such positivity. She explains in great detail, with sketches and everything, about your treatment plans and procedures, etc. She is compassionate and understanding. i never felt forced to do anything and I left every appointment with a clear understanding.
Genesis couldn’t be better. They have many locations for you to see the doctors, monitoring, etc. They are open every day with a 24 hour emergency line, which I’ve had to use on occasion. It never took longer than 30 min for a call back. The staff is wonderful and their hours are great. You truly feel like you’re their only patient.... The nursing staff at Genesis is too wonderful for words. You can tell they truly love being there. They are accessible always and they are all around pleasant to be around. I looked forward to seeing my nurse for my 6am blood draws and sonograms. They always relayed information thoroughly and promptly.
Enjoy her and listen. She’s a very knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Ross is so thorough and caring when discussing and testing, results or treatment plans. Unlike other doctors, she cares in a way you feel like you’re her only patient and everything she does is for you.
I suffer from PCOS and my husband male factor. She was open to IUI during our initial consultation, but after further testing, she acknowledged the low success rate and suggested IVF. Since I don’t cycle normally, she needed to start me on Provera to induce. The protocol she used was moderate. The plan: grow as many great eggs as possible, without putting my body at risk for OHSS. As far as the single fresh embryo transfer - my age was the sole decision maker. One egg if you’re under 35.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Their monitoring schedule is so helpful. Depending on their location, they have different monitoring hours. They started as early as 5:30am for those who work very early and were as late as 8:00am. All monitoring results were given by early afternoon.
Infertility is covered with my insurance. Genesis is considered a Center of Excellence with them as well. Therefore, I had $0 copays in the office and small copays associated with the testing and medicine. All together, we spent about $300.
Because of my age, under 35, Dr Ross would only transfer one embryo.
Staten Island

Very personal care. Doctor [Melzer Ross] was genuinely hopeful for a good outcome. Responsive to emails, answered all questions...She is honest and caring, tried to help us an any way she could. Easy to communicate with, responsive to emails, etc. She offered both medical and moral support through this tiring process. If you are looking for a doctor that's compassionate and trustworthy, I'd highly recommend her.
Clinic [Genesis] is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around....[nurses] So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
Bring all your questions, she will consider them and answer the ones that she can. She is extremely supportive and will take time with you each visit.If you have been down the IVF road before and still have not had success, and are interested in any "experimental" treatments or immunological testing, you will need to be referred elsewhere. She practices evidence-based medicine.
Very personal care. Doctor was genuinely hopeful for a good outcome. Responsive to emails, answered all questions.
IUI- Used Letrozole and Clomid. Clomid produces several follicles, whereas letrozole produced one. IVF-Used antagonist protocol and agonist (lupron) protocol. Agonist produced more mature eggs. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle depending on blood work results.
So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around.
Normally didn't have to wait too long. On weekends, the wait time was always much longer.
IVF cycles (without meds) around $10,000. They participated in the NYS IVF Grant program.
We went over the recommendations for number of embryos to be transferred based on age.
Brooklyn
I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions...she was extremely thorough and compassionate...
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents...I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
I felt as though she honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
Try to relax and trust that everything will work out
she was extremely thorough and compassionate
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents.
Dr. Ross transfers one single embryo at a time. I would prefer more but she explained the reasons behind transferring only one