U. of Nebraska

Kathleen Brennan works at

200 UCLA Medical Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095
310-794-7274

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Brennan at UCLA.

Treated 2013
Dr. Brennan did exactly what was outlined when we first met, went over things in technical detail, and answered my many questions. It did feel like we were quick to jump to injections and manipulating things chemically, but I am not sure what other choices really exist if you are doctor following standard practice.
Part of the UCLA West LA mega complex. Well staffed on hours, responsive on getting you in when you needed to....They were always kind, friendly when I was coming in often. The woman who performed the dye test to check fallopian tubes was especially compassionate, telling me how brave I was to be doing what I was doing.
How was your experience with Kathleen Brennan at UCLA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Brennan at UCLA?
Ask about things other than use of pills, injections, etc you can be doing to increase the chances of conceiving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Brennan at UCLA?
She always took the time to talk, seemed to remember my specific concerns from time to time, let me cry, etc.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Brennan used in your cycles at UCLA and their degree of success.
A few months of pills to increase and control egg production, then movement to pills and injectables for IUIs. Also did a dye-test to check fallopian tubes, and a sperm test on husband. No problems were ever found with either of us. Rational on strategies was just the standard way to control cycles and increase the chances of fertilization when you don't know why you aren't getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCLA.
It's been a few years so I don't remember specifics that well. They were always kind, friendly when I was coming in often. The woman who performed the dye test to check fallopian tubes was especially compassionate, telling me how brave I was to be doing what I was doing.
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Part of the UCLA West LA mega complex. Well staffed on hours, responsive on getting you in when you needed to. Assumed it was cutting edge since it was affiliated with UCLA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Brennan at UCLA.
I think we got up to $6-8K, before we stopped and decided to see (again) what would happen naturally. We knew the next step of AI would be $10-$15Kish.
What specific things went wrong at UCLA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCLA.
When I was first starting to get prescriptions, the prescriptions weren't sent to the pharmacy. I show up, they don't know what I'm talking about. It was quickly corrected with a phone call.
Treated 2014 - 2016
She [Dr. Brennan] is a great doctor and nice person, but if you are an older woman who have hard time to conceive, no, I would not recommend, because her skills was so so and able to make better decisions for her patient was lacking of. When there were 6 or 7 IUI involved, she should have stopped treatment and asked us to look around for IVFs and compare prices on our own, because IUI does not work for most older patients, and it was money wasted and time wasted.
They [nurses at UCLA] are wonderful and compassionate...when my insurance stopped paying after IUIs it was $2000 a cycle...I think this clinic has real good facility, and their staff are compassionate about what they are doing and they are devoted people. However, it is over priced if your insurance does not cover or cover limited fertility treatment...If you failed 3 -6 tries, move on, find a different fertility doctor and clinic. The private clinic is much cheaper and they are not a training institution for interns, but you will not stressed out financially as much. You do not need 10 IUIs to prove that you need to move on. 3 is enough.
How was your experience with Kathleen Brennan at UCLA?
If you are young and your infertility is just an easy or typical one, yes. She is a great doctor and nice person, but if you are an older woman who have hard time to conceive, no, I would not recommend, because her skills was so so and able to make better decisions for her patient was lacking of. When there were 6 or 7 IUI involved, she should have stopped treatment and asked us to look around for IVFs and compare prices on our own, because IUI does not work for most older patients, and it was money wasted and time wasted. IUI also only result one pregnancy if you do successful, if you are older than 40 you do not have time for a second round of fertility treatment. Dr. Brennan should not ask me what to do next and whether I wanted to continue IUIs, because I was not a doctor or even know anything about fertility. If you failed 3 IUIs, move on to go for IVFs. There are many private clinic cost you less than $10,000 compare to UCLA wanted to charge you at least $22,000.
Colimd 100mg/day for 5 days and Folistem 300iu/day
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCLA.
They are wonderful and compassionate
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Brennan at UCLA.
For the IUIs with my insurance was $1000 for medications, and when my insurance stopped paying after IUIs it was $2000 a cycle