Available by cell phone
Bedford, TX 76022
Fort Worth
1250 8th Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kathleen Doody to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr Kathleen Doody] is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is thorough and educated me about my diagnosis. She guided me through my treatment plan and explained why each step was necessary and gave me "if I were you" guidance as to my options and treatment plan. I always felt comfortable with her and found her to be compassionate. She is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
I wasted my time with two other fertility doctors before Dr. Kathy. I saw them because of commercials on the radio I heard, or because a peer informed they had success with them. I never really felt comfortable with either of them, but I stayed because I was hopeful and because i was so new to the journey, i was uneducated. My one piece of advice is see Dr. Kathy first! You will feel comfortable and be in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner. We lost our daughter full-term due to a cord accident 3 days before her birth (btw, you need stillborn as an option on your outcome list, I was forced to pick "live-birth singleton.") after 4 ivf rounds (2 with Dr. Doody) and 3 fet's. She called me and supported me and went above and beyond to connect me with a support system. She is ethical and wonderful. She cares about the "whole person" not just your medical information.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through so many cycles i dont remember the specifics. I have been trying to have a baby for 5 years. I took Menopur, Progesterone in Oil, trigger shots of Ovidrel, Prednisone, i think Fermera. And many more. Dr, Kathy's clinic gives you a very clear calendar indicating each thing you are supposed to take and when and it is fairly easy to follow. If you get tripped up on the calendar, I always call and nurse helps me to answer my question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles. After my daughter was stillborn, I came to do my final FET and Nikki hugged me and comforted me as I cried about burying my baby. The staff genuinely care and are like family. They are always behind you rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Scheduling is easy and staff always contacts back promptly. The frequency of visits sucks, but so does infertility and it is just par for the course. They always do med training and are thorough with running tests.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
Monitoring appts where just like scheduling any other appointment. It was very normal and you just scheduled it before you left each appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.
I spent $20,000 on a MaxCare plan where I have multiple cycles of IVF in a 365 day period. Medications were extra, all appts. covered. i had a surgery to remove fibroids and endometriosis, it was covered by insurance.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Kathy [Doody] will not do multiple embryo transfers unless you are over 35 and she deems it necessary. We didn’t get the choice...is great at what she does and is very professional. She bases her work on scientific evidence. She can be very direct at times but when it mattered she was very compassionate. She does care about your success...I was a part of an investigational drug so not everything was Dr. Kathy’s choice. I started out on birth control for ten days and then Lupron 10ml for the rest of the cycle. I was on 3 vials of menopur for 10 days before pulling the trigger. My dosage never changed because my blood work continued to show everything was progressing appropriately.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is great at what she does and is very professional. She bases her work on scientific evidence. She can be very direct at times but when it mattered she was very compassionate. She does care about your success.
Buckle up and get ready. The whole process is a hurry up and wait at times.
The office staff were warm and remembered who I was.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee Ann)
My nurse coordinator was great! So were the other nurses I saw every visit to get blood drawn.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is great. You can tell they are very busy but they care. The front office ladies are sweet. The surgery team are also great. The only weakness would be the wait at times. It is understandable and they are apologetic about it.
The clinical trial cost $2500. The FET will be about the same.
Describe Kathleen Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr. Kathy will not do multiple embryo transfers unless you are over 35 and she deems it necessary. We didn’t get the choice...

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Truthfully, Dr Doody is not necessarily the warm and fuzzy type initially, so if that is the experience you require during your fertility journey she may not be the best fit. She communicates in a very medical or scientific way, but she is sharp as a tack. I appreciate her candidness and while she does show compassion for the process - it's just not over the top. My wife and I have full faith in her abilities.
European, Black or African-American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Be open and candid, ask lots of questions, and she'll do the same.
She takes her time to thoroughly explain the process, and communicates realistic expectations based on data. She also shared a bit about her own fertility journey.
Birth control, Lupron, Menopur, and Follistim I think? Can't remember dosage. Then progesterone inserts on first cycle and progesterone shots second cycle. Can't remember dosage. Rationale - tried and trusted methodology.
Lovely and qualified
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Easy to schedule appts, billing group easy enough for the most part, clean premises, easy parking, great staff, close to Dallas. Weaknesses: One individual in billing is not as sharp as the rest of the group...
Not available
eSet is typical protocol for the practice, however given my age they transferred 2 embryos on each attempt. Indicated they would never transfer more than two. I am happy with their protocol.
2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
She was very frank like "ok your husband doesn't produce sperm so here is how we're going to make a baby with a donor." I am very emotional and it was nice to have a dr just be matter of fact about things... Dr. Doody will listen to you and then come up with a plan of action!
2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody is a great infertility dr! Some don't like her bedside manner but she was great with me. She is very straight forward about the situation and I would say she doesn't invest herself emotionally BUT I would much rather have a dr tell me "this is how we're going to make a baby" instead of "I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. Let's all cry for a few minutes."
The first consultation is the scariest! She isn't scary but sitting there talking about why you can't get pregnant is scary. It's ok to cry! I did. Dr. Doody will listen to you and then come up with a plan of action!
Each nurse was great and Dr. Doody always took the time with me to go over what was happening next. She let me record every ultrasound I had so my husband could see the baby too. She was very frank like "ok your husband doesn't produce sperm so here is how we're going to make a baby with a donor." I am very emotional and it was nice to have a dr just be matter of fact about things.
They were very on top of things! I hardly waited for blood drawings or even to get back to my room.
Bedford

I loved every about Dr. Doody. My favorite was her use of studies to educate and make valid points about our treatment and diagnosis. Everytime I saw her we left with a good understanding of what was to happen next ... She spoke to us with compassion and was direct and informative ... Dr. Doody only transfers one embryo. We did want to do two, but the risks were explained ... Be prepared with your questions before going to an appointment.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Be prepared with your questions before going to an appointment.
She spoke to us with compassion and was direct and informative
Every single person was pleasant and informative. I had a lot of questions that the nurses always referred me to the Dr for answers that they didn’t know, which I respected.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Scheduling was easy and efficient, the clinic is flexible. Every person I encountered was friendly. I had no issues with the clinic. For almost all of the appoints I was taken back and seen on time or within a few minutes of my appt time
Very reasonable

IUI, 1 IVF
We are currently in the IVf process with Dr. Doody. We have seen her, her husband and Dr. Nackey (I think that’s the spelling) in our visits. I have no complaints so far about the care we have received with them. All of their staff is great and are always willing to help you with any thing you need.... I took menopur injections for about 10 days along with ganirelix acetate the last few days leading up to our egg retrieval. They retrieved 22 mature eggs. We did effortless ivf. So all eggs and sperm sample was place inside an Invocell device and placed back in me for 5 days.
IUI, 1 IVF
Trust her judgment
I took menopur injections for about 10 days along with ganirelix acetate the last few days leading up to our egg retrieval. They retrieved 22 mature eggs. We did effortless ivf. So all eggs and sperm sample was place inside an Invocell device and placed back in me for 5 days. They retrieved the device and froze 12 5 day embryos. We will do our transfer in less than a week
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is great. I love that they don’t allow children there in the waiting room. My last clinic allowed kids and it’s so hard to watch other people playing with kids not knowing if I will ever have one.
With medicine and everything our total was under $8000
Bedford

[Dr. Doody] Did not show up for egg retrieval or embryo transfer while having assured us she would be there. Only seeing her a couple of times. Not explaining the process well at all. Discouraged genetic testing.... Only spent time with us during initial consultation.... Other doctor performed retrieval and transfer without notifying us... [Protocols] IVF/ICSI antagonist. Not low ovarian reserve. Yielded very low number of viable eggs.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Do not expect any sympathy from her.
Did not show up for egg retrieval or transfer. Only spent time with us during initial consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
Were just doing their job.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
It's a well known clinic in the area but it feel way below expectations given the very negative experience with the doctor and staff. It's run as simply a business with limited one on one interaction.
$17,000 total including drugs
Thawed wrong embryo and elected to transfer both.
What specific things went wrong at CARE Fertility?