Medical SchoolU. of Texas
Bedford, TX 76022
Fort Worth
1250 8th Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kathleen Doody to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr Kathleen Doody] is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is thorough and educated me about my diagnosis. She guided me through my treatment plan and explained why each step was necessary and gave me "if I were you" guidance as to my options and treatment plan. I always felt comfortable with her and found her to be compassionate. She is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
I wasted my time with two other fertility doctors before Dr. Kathy. I saw them because of commercials on the radio I heard, or because a peer informed they had success with them. I never really felt comfortable with either of them, but I stayed because I was hopeful and because i was so new to the journey, i was uneducated. My one piece of advice is see Dr. Kathy first! You will feel comfortable and be in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner. We lost our daughter full-term due to a cord accident 3 days before her birth (btw, you need stillborn as an option on your outcome list, I was forced to pick "live-birth singleton.") after 4 ivf rounds (2 with Dr. Doody) and 3 fet's. She called me and supported me and went above and beyond to connect me with a support system. She is ethical and wonderful. She cares about the "whole person" not just your medical information.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through so many cycles i dont remember the specifics. I have been trying to have a baby for 5 years. I took Menopur, Progesterone in Oil, trigger shots of Ovidrel, Prednisone, i think Fermera. And many more. Dr, Kathy's clinic gives you a very clear calendar indicating each thing you are supposed to take and when and it is fairly easy to follow. If you get tripped up on the calendar, I always call and nurse helps me to answer my question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles. After my daughter was stillborn, I came to do my final FET and Nikki hugged me and comforted me as I cried about burying my baby. The staff genuinely care and are like family. They are always behind you rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Scheduling is easy and staff always contacts back promptly. The frequency of visits sucks, but so does infertility and it is just par for the course. They always do med training and are thorough with running tests.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
Monitoring appts where just like scheduling any other appointment. It was very normal and you just scheduled it before you left each appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.
I spent $20,000 on a MaxCare plan where I have multiple cycles of IVF in a 365 day period. Medications were extra, all appts. covered. i had a surgery to remove fibroids and endometriosis, it was covered by insurance.
2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
She was very frank like "ok your husband doesn't produce sperm so here is how we're going to make a baby with a donor." I am very emotional and it was nice to have a dr just be matter of fact about things... Dr. Doody will listen to you and then come up with a plan of action!
2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody is a great infertility dr! Some don't like her bedside manner but she was great with me. She is very straight forward about the situation and I would say she doesn't invest herself emotionally BUT I would much rather have a dr tell me "this is how we're going to make a baby" instead of "I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. Let's all cry for a few minutes."
The first consultation is the scariest! She isn't scary but sitting there talking about why you can't get pregnant is scary. It's ok to cry! I did. Dr. Doody will listen to you and then come up with a plan of action!
Each nurse was great and Dr. Doody always took the time with me to go over what was happening next. She let me record every ultrasound I had so my husband could see the baby too. She was very frank like "ok your husband doesn't produce sperm so here is how we're going to make a baby with a donor." I am very emotional and it was nice to have a dr just be matter of fact about things.
They were very on top of things! I hardly waited for blood drawings or even to get back to my room.