Not available by email
ResidencyThomas Jefferson
FellowshipU. of Virginia
601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kathleen Hoeger to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) to a friend?
2020
Dr. Hoeger is so genuine in nice. She listened to all our concerns asking questions along the way. She was direct in explaining our situation to us, what she thought about our odds, and what she would recommend for us to do all while having a super warm presence. During my procedures to date, she's been a force of super calm when I've been extremely nervous! ... We are being recommended to use IVF with ICSI.
This clinic [Strong Fertility Center] works like a well oiled machine. They are super responsive through their portal. You typically get a call back and answer within 24 hours. They are also set-up so that all procedures are done onsite at their office (i.e. no need to travel anywhere else for blood work, imaging, transfers, retrievals, etc). They are extremely busy so it can be a bit of a wait in order to get an appt. Otherwise, they truly cover all the needs of a patient.
2020
How was your experience with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
I had decided to get a second opinion and scheduled an appt with Dr. Hoeger before deciding to proceed with IVF. She was realistic about our options and chances. She took her time with us and she talked about the differences between her clinic (larger/sees more ppl) vs our previous clinic that was much smaller. She was professional and I honestly feel like I have had more compassion and attention at this clinic that 'sees more ppl' than our previous one. I didn't know what to expect during that consultation but both my husband and I were immediately ready to continue with Dr. Hoeger by the end of our meeting. We switched clinics that day and while I'm still waiting to continue treatment, I feel confident in my decision and thankful we decided to get that original second opinion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
She is willing to take her time with you and answer any/all questions. I would recommend writing down all your questions prior to meeting and bringing a notepad to write down answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hoeger used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
We are currently awaiting to start treatment for IVF. Prior to starting we both had full work ups including bloodwork, genetic testing, sperm analysis, HSG, SSH, day 3 hormones. We are being recommended to use IVF with ICSI.
The nursing staff has been incredibly friendly. They have answered all my questions in a timely manner and never made me feel stupid for asking them. They've also chatted with me on the phone longer than necessary when I needed to 'vent' or wasn't understanding a situation. Every nurse I've encountered has been this way.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
This clinic works like a well oiled machine. They are super responsive through their portal. You typically get a call back and answer within 24 hours. They are also set-up so that all procedures are done onsite at their office (i.e. no need to travel anywhere else for blood work, imaging, transfers, retrievals, etc). They are extremely busy so it can be a bit of a wait in order to get an appt. Otherwise, they truly cover all the needs of a patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
All costs are clearly listed on their website. $6500 Includes 1 oocyte retrieval and up to 2 transfers (one fresh transfer and one frozen transfer, or 2 frozen transfers). Subsequent Cycles $4300 Includes 1 oocyte retrieval and 1 transfer (either fresh or frozen), plus any unused transfer from cycle #1. My medicine costs were estimated at $3900. Embryo Storage First full year of storage: $300 per year that is prorated. Single Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycle (FET) $2500. Cryopreservation of embryos ($650).
Describe Kathleen Hoeger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Our Dr. recommends, based on our age and situation, to transfer a single embryo for the safest, healthiest pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
She is incredibly knowledable, always one step ahead and ready to answer whatever questions I had. I feel very cared for and like she is honest without being rude. I wish her schedule wasn't so busy and I could get in for consultations more quickly though.... Let her take the lead. Don't stress too much about what ifs and what's next. She tells you what you need to know when you need to know it
Receptionists [at Strong Fertility Center] are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience... Most of the nurses are absolutely spectacular. A couple are far from that. One who primarily does blood draws is always rushing and dropping stuff. She comes off as rude and can never draw my blood. I leave with several pricks and brushing all over my arms and hands. One other nurse is nice but lacks social skills. She talks in circles and honestly drives me insane. The rest are phenomenal
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Everyone has always been sensitive to my needs, shown empathy
Started with clomid and ovidrel to help me grow eggs and ovulate, combined with IUIs cycles to maximize the chances of conception. No success so moved on to injectables. More eggs and better quality. I also take steroids. Diagnosed with congenital adrenal hyperplasia and the steroids power my androgen levels. Steroids also reduce risk of miscarriage. I take endometrin 3 x day to lengthen my cycle to increase chances of implantation. Recurrent miscarriage led to testing and found I have blood clotting disorder so I also take lovenox shots for an anticoagulant.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Receptionists are amazing, most nurses are too. Doctors are really nice. The clinic is nice. Overall a great experience
I have a $40 copay for every visit. I do not know pre insurance costs
What specific things went wrong at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Hoeger at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).