9.8

475 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-325-2229

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Hong was kind yet direct, and very adaptive. She carefully considered responses to questions and was honest when there wasn’t an answer she could provide.... She had a good bedside manner but was direct which was appreciated. She took stances and explained what informed her decisions. She gave us excellent recommendations that really considered our circumstances. She informed us of risks but ultimately showed confident decision making.
Receptionists [RMA- West Orange] are friendly, though aren’t the best with protecting privacy. The clinic’s secure email system is beyond annoying. Calls are generally returned quickly but there was at least one instance where I didn’t get a call back from a covering nurse on a holiday. They won’t take or dispense excess medication and charge for nurse administration.... Ran tests I had asked not to due to cost and lack of essential nature.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Hong was excellent. She had a good bedside manner but was direct which was appreciated. She took stances and explained what informed her decisions. She gave us excellent recommendations that really considered our circumstances. She informed us of risks but ultimately showed confident decision making.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask to speak with her if the nurses give you a hard time. She will almost always make time within a few hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Started with 7 days of Alyacen to raise estrogen. Follistim AQ + Menopur. Ganirelix to suppress ovulation and Pregnyl for trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill can be difficult. She showed compassion when my cycle was cancelled due to a cyst but was very frustrating to work with around weight, despite me being overweight due to the PCOS I am in treatment for. She can also be quite rigid, so push back if something doesn’t feel right and ask to speak to your MD if she tells you nothing can be done. She was vague in wording with drug instructions a few times as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Receptionists are friendly, though aren’t the best with protecting privacy. The clinic’s secure email system is beyond annoying. Calls are generally returned quickly but there was at least one instance where I didn’t get a call back from a covering nurse on a holiday. They won’t take or dispense excess medication and charge for nurse administration.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
egg retrieval cycle with ICSI was 13k + drug costs (2.5k) including genetic testing with insurance covering 50%.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Didn’t have calls returned during on call periods. Ran tests I had asked not to due to cost and lack of essential nature.
West Orange
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Kathleen Hong] is very caring and helped me through my miscarriage...She is a great doctor and always there for any questions or concerns. She is very positive but also tells you how it is which is exactly what I wanted. When I lost my baby she was calling me to check up on me and then had me in her office to try to explain what had happened and how to move forward. It was very reassuring,...did an fet with her...Trust her!!... agree with eset
I loved Joyce [nurse at RMA of New Jersey]! She was always there and never once forgot to return a call. She is also very caring about each of her patients and their outcomes...Love the clinic. Just wish they had a room for your children for when your being monitored every morning. I found it very difficult to find a sitter for 7am for my two year old. Besides that it’s very clean and has good ultrasound machines!...She [Dr. Kathleen Hong] is very caring and helped me through my miscarriage
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
She is a great doctor and always there for any questions or concerns. She is very positive but also tells you how it is which is exactly what I wanted. When I lost my baby she was calling me to check up on me and then had me in her office to try to explain what had happened and how to move forward. It was very reassuring, and that is exactly what
To stay positive and just listen to what she has to say. Trust her!!!
She is very caring and helped me through my miscarriage
I only did an fet with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
I loved Joyce! She was always there and never once forgot to return a call. She is also very caring about each of her patients and their outcomes
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Luckily my insurance covered my fet 100%
Describe Kathleen Hong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Totally agree with eset