Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolU. of Chicago
ResidencyUSC
FellowshipUSC
Glendale
1560 E Chevy Chase Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kathleen Kornafel to a friend?

Excellent

Neutral: 100%7
Dr Kornafel is direct and detailed. She will draw pictures and give you the full timelines and send you off knowing what is next. I always want more information and she answers all the questions, even before you can ask them.... Dr Kornafel put me on birth control and did a baseline ultrasound, the first month I had a follicle growing on my left ovary. She wanted to wait until it went away to get started with the FSH shots. At the end of the second month, the follicle had finally gone away and she started me on FSH shots right away.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Kathleen Kornafel at Vicken Sepilian, MD?
Dr Kornafel is direct and detailed. She will draw pictures and give you the full timelines and send you off knowing what is next. I always want more information and she answers all the questions, even before you can ask them. Dr. Kornafel is experienced and knowledgeable, one of her first babies is a professor at a university. She's been through all of the evolution of fertility treatments over the past 25-30 years and has also gone through it herself to grow her family. I feel like she understands the pain first hand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Kornafel at Vicken Sepilian, MD?
Trust her, indulge her weird jokes. Ultimately you want children and sitting through her jokes is a small price to pay for her expertise because she will help you get to your goal of having children.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Kornafel at Vicken Sepilian, MD?
Dr Kornafel is great. It sometimes feels like I'm her only patient. The people there are great too, I always felt like I was their first priority. Dr Kornafel is direct and gives lots of information and I like both of those qualities.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Kornafel used in your cycles at Vicken Sepilian, MD and their degree of success.
Dr Kornafel put me on birth control and did a baseline ultrasound, the first month I had a follicle growing on my left ovary. She wanted to wait until it went away to get started with the FSH shots. At the end of the second month, the follicle had finally gone away and she started me on FSH shots right away. I was on 400 IU of Follistim for 4 days, then on 375 IU of Follistim for 2 days, and then on 375 IU of Follistim and 75 IU of Menopur and 1 vial of ganirelix for 5 days. I did the trigger shot of HCG on the 12th day as well as another small dose of Follistim 150 IU. On the 14th day was my egg retrieval. 10 eggs were retrieved, 5 were mature and ICSI was performed on them and 4 fertilized. By day 6 there were 2 embryos which were frozen and biopsies were sent for PGS. At this time we are still waiting for the results of the PGS to find out if we can continue and perform the implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vicken Sepilian, MD. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin was really kind and gentle throughout this whole process. She was very happy for me after the egg retrieval when we spoke and when I saw her. She also called me often to keep me informed about my embryos. She wished me well and it surprised me that she was on my and said "let's hope that we will do the transfer soon".
Describe your experience with Vicken Sepilian, MD.
The Cha Fertility clinic was really nice, orderly, and clean. Everyone there was really professional and did their best to make this very tender process feel safe and calm. My procedure started on time and ended on time. The staff was friendly and caring. They did do something that I wish they didn't, which was they had me wait before I could leave because they wanted me to leave in a wheelchair. That was not necessary and it made me feel weird. The person who took me downstairs withe wheelchair gave me an attitude, as if this was not her job. I didn't need the wheelchair and I definitely didn't want the person pushing my wheelchair to be upset because they had to do it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Vicken Sepilian, MD.
Monitoring appointments were with Dr Kornafel at her office. They were super nice and calm. As if there wasn't anyone else that mattered, she gave me her attention.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Kornafel at Vicken Sepilian, MD.
So far I've spent $17,200 on the doctor, clinic, and medications. This is only for the egg retrieval portion. My health insurance doesn't cover ANY costs associated with fertility treatments. They cover 50% of the diagnosis, but that is it. Everything has been out of pocket. The implantation cost, when that occurs will be an additional $2,600.
Describe Kathleen Kornafel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vicken Sepilian, MD.
She has told me that she prefers singleton transfers, I agree with her and I would also like to do singleton transfers.
Vicken Sepilian, MD
Santa Monica

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Kornafel at Vicken Sepilian, MD.

Dr. Kornafel is extremely knowledgeable with infertility, however I would sometimes prefer her to be a little bit more compassionate with the situation. I know she’s just doing her job but fertility patients are mentally going through a lot and it would be best to be most attentive and sensitive with every visit... she writes your fertility plan with you there so we both are on the same page, she’s very blunt and straight to the point so don’t skip a beat. She updates your plan every time you come in and explains what’s going to happen next.
Latino, Other
How was your experience with Kathleen Kornafel at Kathleen Kornafel?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Kornafel at Kathleen Kornafel?
Very good but not compassionate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Kornafel at Kathleen Kornafel?
I didn’t feel like either, just feel like she’s doing her job.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Kornafel used in your cycles at Kathleen Kornafel and their degree of success.
Consultation went well, she writes your fertility plan with you there so we both are on the same page, she’s very blunt and straight to the point so don’t skip a beat. She updates your plan every time you come in and explains what’s going to happen next.
I like the soft spoken staff, I’d like if they were a little more informative with the insurance portion.
Describe your experience with Kathleen Kornafel.
Everything seems great. Very attentive and friendly. I’m having insurance issues and they haven’t reached back out to me after a few emails but everything else is great with the team/atmosphere. They make it seem like they’ve known you for years!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Kornafel at Kathleen Kornafel.
It’s a small fee every time I am there. Ultrasounds are $35, my IUI’s are 1/2 covered by insurance (or so they say, still unsure), IVF is not covered.
Glendale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Kornafel at Kathleen Kornafel.