6.2

711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Kathryn Calhoun] is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data.
They [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data. Second, she is quick to move to more invasive procedures like IVF, ignoring when I tell her I can't afford it right now. Finally, she was extremely insensitive regarding a potentially blocked tube. Instead of listening to my concerns and working with me to come up with a solution, she became scientific and spoke about removing both tubes which would make pregnancy without IVF impossible for the rest of my life. This is very distressing to a person navigating infertility. I went to another doctor who performed a test finding both tubes were open and healthy which indicates that there was no need for her to resort to such scare tactics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Do your research and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is very smart. However, at ACRM they are very clinical. The whole process feels like a laboratory experiment. They have a protocol for everything and there isn't much deviation from the protocol, regardless of individual situation.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We did 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and then an IUI, but she wasn't hopeful (I am a great candidate for IUI) and spoke of moving to IVF before the IUI even occurred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
They didn't seem to communicate with each other. I called the care coordinator with my negative pregnancy test results and the next day the nurse called to ask if I had any results. They are also VERY hard to get a hold of. Reaching someone is an all day process.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
$1750 each IUI cycle not including the medication and multiple different blood test.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Calhoun] is good, but is more like a business - was my experience. I also asked about Chinese medicine - and was response was she seemed opposed.... felt like i was rushed through as a number and not a patient....I was told I had too many follicles after 1st appointment and ultrasound - and told I could not do IUI because I would be like "octomom". After meeting with another RE - learned that was not necessarily the case.
Beautiful facility- bit did feel like a number and not a person while working with ACRM. I personally like more of a gentle understanding bedside manner, while battling infertility. I was warned of this before my appointment, but tried them anyway. They have great offices, and docs with great track records, but I did not receive the type of care I was hoping for.... Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is good, but is more like a business - was my experience. I also asked about Chinese medicine - and was response was she seemed opposed.
felt like i was rushed through as a number and not a patient. had issues with fertility drugs with ob/gyn and was referred to ACRM - Dr Calhoun. Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
Decided to go with Chinese medicine after she wanted to put me on Tamoxifan as a treatment (breast cancer treatment medicine), after I already had allergic reaction to Letrozole.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
did not have much experience with them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
Do not recall. i decided to try chinese medicine after my appointment
Atlanta Perimeter

We felt like our success rate for IVF was inflated or sugar coated [by Dr. Kathryn Calhoun]. We were told at the first consult (which was extremely quick) that our chances were really good...opinion certainly changed between failed round 1 and failed round 2. After leaving...we found out I had DOH which was never discussed...2nd round Gonal F increased slightly. Not sure of the rationale. 2nd round = more blasts than first round but they did put the low number of blasts round one to "bad luck"
I don't have a particularly good opinion of ACRM after my experience...I loved Cailin [nurse]! She was always accessible and quick to respond to my many emails. I didn't really interact that much with the rest of the team on a consistent basis...An important prescription for me was called into the wrong pharmacy which caused my insurance to decline it. Then there was a signature left off some paperwork which meant a delay with processing insurance
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
We felt like our success rate for IVF was inflated or sugar coated. We were told at the first consult (which was extremely quick) that our chances were really good. ACRM's opinion certainly changed between failed round 1 and failed round 2. After leaving ACRM we found out I had DOH which was never discussed at ACRM at all.
I don't have a particularly good opinion of ACRM after my experience. I would advise patients to consult at all clinics and choose the one you feel best fits your needs.
The care/attention of the nurses and team at ACRM felt personal and over multiple cycles we got to know the team.
Menopur, Gonal F, Centrotide and Omnitrope, all 1 x injection per day. 2nd round Gonal F increased slightly. Not sure of the rationale. 2nd round = more blasts than first round but they did put the low number of blasts round one to "bad luck"
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin)
I loved Cailin! She was always accessible and quick to respond to my many emails. I didn't really interact that much with the rest of the team on a consistent basis
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is part of CCRM which is a very successful IVF clinic. The wait time to see a RE for the initial consult is not long at all vs the other clinics in Atlanta. I believe they do false advertise though. They claim to be the only clinic in Atlanta with "CCS" (PGS) testing, however the other clinics that are just a few miles away also offer it. Maybe it's semantics or the fact those clinics are outside of Atlanta City limits..? We felt like we had to learn a lot on our own about the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I had insurance coverage so cannot comment on the costs
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
I did not make it that far. No embryos to transfer
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.