6.2

770.928.2276
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

I came to Dr. Calhoun after 3 unmonitored clomid cycles with my OBGYN. She recommend further testing HSG (came back good), SIS (came back good), SA was good. She suggested IUI with Letrozole. Our first IUI had 3 follicles, but a surprising low SA. It was a fail. She did further testing on my husband, found low testosterone and prescribed him Clomid. Second IUI had 2 follicles and good sperm counts, but was a fail..has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Strength is it’s [ACRM] large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept...My nurse had changed in my time at ACRM. The new nurse, Cailin is nice, but doesn’t seem very organized. I usually have to reach out to her for results, etc, and sometimes feel unclear about the information I get from her. Often another nurse will contact me with results or specific treatment information. My care coordinator, Bernice, is nice, but really only schedules appointments.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She seems involved and caring even when others are providing treatment. I’ve only met her twice. Once at the consult and again when she did my second IUI. However, she still seems very knowledgeable and invested in my case and treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She might be a bit of a ghost doctor, but she’s sweet and wants to get you pregnant
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder, Nurse and Bernice Care Coordinator)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strength is it’s large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
The costs for IUI quoted without insurance was roughly $1,000-$2,000. Whatever lab ACRM has onsite is out of network for both BCBS and Humana. So labs must be sent out or are an added fee
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
This has not been brought up in my treatment
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
My husband had a sample frozen. No one has been able to tell us the results of the sample or whether the sample is actually being stored. We prepaid the storage fee. There has been some mix ups with calling prescriptions for my husband and confusion and lack of communication regarding specialty pharmacies etc.
Marietta
Dr. Calhoun is easy to talk to, upbeat, positive, and understanding. She makes you feel as if she really cares about you not just the outcome. We trust her. My only complaint was I rarely saw her during my first cycle. It could’ve just been the schedule for those 12 days but after our initial consult apt where everything was set up, I didn’t see/hear from her again until she called about a week after the egg retrieval. Understand that this clinic is extremely busy and it didn’t affect my treatment but just being honest about how often you may see your actual doctor.
[at ACRM- Atl Perimeter] I was prescribed gonal f,menopur, cetrotide, and a dual trigger shot of Lupron and novarel. The first 5 days were just the gonal and menopur (2 vials). After that I started taking cetrotide on day 6 to prevent ovulation. My follicles grew very fast and I didn’t have much discomfort at all. Egg retrieval they got 26 eggs, 16 were mature and 8 more matured overnight in the lab, of that only 6 fertilized. Of that only 1 became a day 6 blastocyst. So disappointing results but for me apparently everything was good, it is a male factor issue. We are starting round 2 this week and she is changing my dose of menopur from 2 vials to 1. We are going to biopsy my husband for Sperm direct this time and see if that changes the outcome.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Just know what you are getting, a busy group of doctors that rotate so you may not see her much depending on the time.
Dr. Calhoun is wonderful face to face. She had amazing bedside manner and treated us like people.
She had a strong preference for 1 embryo transfer, especially the first time.
Kathryn Calhoun

We felt very comfortable with [Dr. Calhoun] as our doctor. It’s an emotional process and she always acknowledges when I cry and has Kleenex ready. She draws out diagrams to demonstrate each process and the steps they are going to take. She’s always been willing to work with our work schedules for treatments. Just a very pleasant and understanding person whom I feel I can ask lots of questions.
Tulsi [nurse at ACRM] has been really great in the process prior to starting treatment. I’ve called and emailed multiple times to have her review procedures and timing of appointments, how to talk to my boss about the process, etc...iUi cycle is around $1,700 with blood work and unltrasounds...Very welcoming, friendly staff. They try to make you comfortable every step of the way-they don’t allow children in the office to ensure sensitivity to patients. They always offer bottled water or a beverage, privacy
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
We felt very comfortable with Kathryn as our doctor. It’s an emotional process and she always acknowledges when I cry and has Kleenex ready. She draws out diagrams to demonstrate each process and the steps they are going to take. She’s always been willing to work with our work schedules for treatments. Just a very pleasant and understanding person whom I feel I can ask lots of questions.
Just trust their process-it’s scary and emotional but you’re in great hands.
I’m currently taking Clomid 100mg due to the fact that my previous doctor had me on 50mg for 3 cycles without success. We’re in the middle of our first IUI cycle so don’t have many other details yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi )
Tulsi has been really great in the process prior to starting treatment. I’ve called and emailed multiple times to have her review procedures and timing of appointments, how to talk to my boss about the process, etc.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
iUi cycle is around $1,700 with blood work and unltrasounds

Investment Banker
Dr calhoun was like a trusted friend. She never rushed me through meetings....We were very happy with the care that I received. The only thing I would change is after several rounds of IVF we did get the impression that they had given up on us and it didn’t seem like there was a clear plan going forward....you will have to be very mindful of your own care and definitely review the protocol for errors and double check all of your prescription orders
[ACRM] A lot of upkeep falls on the patient in regards to deadlines, keeping up with prescriptions, noticing if a pre-approval is going to fall off. I would say that a new patient would have to understand that they’re going to have to be very proactive in their own health...I had a few different nurses during care. Overall my primary nurses were responsive and caring. The trouble came if they were out. Then it was a mess.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
You will enjoy working with Dr. Calhoun. However you will have to be very mindful of your own care and definitely review the protocol for errors and double check all of your prescription orders
Dr calhoun was like a trusted friend. She never rushed me through meetings.
I did many different protocols. They weren’t very good about telling me the name of the protocol. It would have been great if the protocol name would have been on the instruction sheets.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic seem to be open to either.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
There were several times for my prescription order was incorrect or not called in.
Atlanta Buckhead