Good

Rockville
9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

Dr Humm is open to trying new things if asked. Don't hesitate to ask her questions and reach out if you need anything. She is the right balance of professional and compassionate...We did the antagonist protocol with high doses of gonal F and smaller doses of menopur half way into the cycle. We also did an estrogen priming due to my AMH. The number of eggs collected was better than expected.
Monitoring appointments [at George Washington University] were quick with little waiting time...We bought a package of 2 IVF cycles with the second one at a discount. It cost $17,500. This did not include medications. Medications cost another $6k...is a small clinic and I felt like we knew the staff. Even the financial aid coordinator was excellent and we felt we could personally reach out to him at any time. We were well looked after at GW.
How was your experience with Kathryn Humm at George Washington University?
We met with 2-3 different fertility docs at all of the major clinics in the DC area and did not feel completely comfortable with anyone until we met Dr Humm. She explained everything in detail with us and we could tell that she would always keep us informed. We felt like we would be in good hands with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Humm at George Washington University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Humm at George Washington University?
The entire staff at GW were warm and caring. I felt like I always had someone to reach out to. It was a small and intimate setting and not like a factory. They have a smaller patient load than other fertility clinics in the area.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Humm used in your cycles at George Washington University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at George Washington University. (Assigned nurse: Alejandra)
Alejandra was responsive and friendly. We saw her almost every day for the monitoring appointments. She was always prompt in getting back to us once the cycle started.
Describe your experience with George Washington University.
GW is a small clinic and I felt like we knew the staff. Even the financial aid coordinator was excellent and we felt we could personally reach out to him at any time. We were well looked after at GW.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at George Washington University.
Monitoring appointments were quick with little waiting time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Humm at George Washington University.
Describe Kathryn Humm's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at George Washington University.
Dr. Humm was open to more than one embryo transferred at a time. Based on my age and because we transferred them on day 3, she recommended two.
What specific things went wrong at George Washington University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at George Washington University.
We decided to leave this clinic primarily due to financial reasons. GW does not offer a shared risk program for people paying out of pocket and we could not afford to have another failure without the assurance of getting some money back. But after leaving, our new Dr and clinic gave us better results. The new Dr recommended a test for my husband based on results from the first cycle with GW. This proved to be beneficial. I was disappointed Dr Humm did not investigate the male side further based on our embryonic development, which stopped after day 3. We also wonder if the new clinic has a better lab or less disturbance of the embryos since our embryos did better in the new lab and all made it to day 5. The new lab houses embryos independent of other patient embryos so that they are not disturbing yours when retrieving or checking on others. GW may have this set up as well but it was never explained to us this way in the orientation. Of course, our better results with embryo development with the new clinic could also be the luck of the cycle.
Kathryn Humm
George Washington University
Washington DC

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Humm is a caring and attentive practitioner. ... We were ready for and needed change to move forward after 3 failed transfers, which was our reason for changing doctors. It had nothing to do with Dr. Humm. ... Dr. Humm always took the time (in person, over the phone and via email) to respond to questions and ensure that I was comfortable and understood the decisions being made.
The team is small- 4 doctors, so you get a personalized experience and all of the doctors get tot know you and are familiar with the details of your case- I appreciated this attention to detail. However, because of the team way they operate, my actual dr. never did one of my 3 transfers or the EFT procedures leading up to my transfers. ... The clinic offered 2 frozen egg banks through which we could purchase frozen eggs. That cost was $18,000.
How was your experience with Kathryn Humm at George Washington University?
Dr. Humm is a caring and attentive practitioner. As stated, she always explained our choices and decisions and was very responsive and a good communicator. We were ready for and needed change to move forward after 3 failed transfers, which was our reason for changing doctors. It had nothing to do with Dr. Humm.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Humm will always take your questions seriously and take the time to go through them with you.
We first used frozen (anonymous) donor eggs. Prior to doing that, under Dr. Humm's advice, we chose to do an EFT test through Yale. We actually had to repeat the test and we got some good data about my absorption of estrogen and progesterone from this test. We then purchased a cohort of 8 eggs, from which we got 2 embryos, one which we immediately transferred and ended in a chemical pregnancy. The 2nd we froze and transferred a few months later. We adjusted my protocol a bit, adding in prednisone and baby asprin (I have multiple auto-immune issues). This one was a negative test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at George Washington University.
The nurse assigned to me was clear and always friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with George Washington University.
The clinic offered 2 frozen egg banks through which we could purchase frozen eggs. That cost was $18,000. Luckily, our insurance covered most of the transfers and associated costs. Each EFT cost $600 (we did 4 of them) and that was out of pocket.
Dr. Humm always made it clear it was our decision to transfer 1 or 2, but it did seem they very much preferred to transfer 1 at the clinic.
Kathryn Humm