Dominion Fertility

Doctor available by direct line
Available by cell phone
Fairfax, VA 22033
Arlington
Arlington Office 4040 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kay Waud to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dominion Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Waud is very on top of recent research...One thing I most appreciated about her is she gave me her phone number, and I could text and speak with her directly and immediately about any concerns...I think Dr. Waud would agree that our case turned out to be more complicated than it appeared, resulting in a misdiagnosis which ultimately led us to change clinics...She also teaches at a med school, and she has very clear views on the science of reproductive challenges, which she communicates very clearly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Waud is very on top of recent research. She also teaches at a med school, and she has very clear views on the science of reproductive challenges, which she communicates very clearly. One thing I most appreciated about her is she gave me her phone number, and I could text and speak with her directly and immediately about any concerns. I have seen two other doctors since then, neither of whom provided that. Unforunately, science does not always match what happens in human existence, and I think Dr. Waud would agree that our case turned out to be more complicated than it appeared, resulting in a misdiagnosis which ultimately led us to change clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Ask her to go over all details of your case with a fine tooth comb, examining all contingencies, and not necessarily deciding that the simple answer is the best answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Waud is definitely empathetic. We’ve been through several losses, which was not something she was dismissive of. We experienced one loss and one hysteroscopy under her care, and her bedside manner at surgery was the mix of humane and confident that I want in those stressful situations.
Describe the protocols Kay Waud used in your cycles at Dominion Fertility and their degree of success.
We arrived at Dr. Waud’s office having already lost one single and one twin naturally conceived pregnancy. Dr. Waud thought there was a good independent explanation for each, but nonetheless order some other diagnostic testing. She thought none looked indicative of an inability conceive and carry, so we were sent on our way to try on our own. While we did conceive again relatively quickly, this too resulted in another karyotypically normal loss. To Dr. Waud’s credit, she seemed as sad and stumped by this as we were.
All great, sweet women. I had a missed miscarriage which showed itself in a monitoring ultrasound, and in retrospect I could not have been surrounded by nicer people.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The waiting room is beautiful, as are all the facilities. The billing folks are not super clear, but having encountered others at other clinics, that seems to be par for the course. I saw Dr. Waud for every step - consultations, diagnostic testing, and, unfortunately, D&C and follow-up hysteroscopy procédures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility.
Our costs ended up being all diagnostic or pregnancy related, and therefore we had pretty good insurance coverage.
Describe Kay Waud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dominion Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
Arlington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility.

Dr Kay was there with a hug and willing to help me move forward in any way that I wanted to... I also struggle with extreme anxiety and Dr Kay understood that and always made sure to calm my fears... I went to her thinking I had a bicornuate uterus and I had no idea why I wasn’t getting pregnant. It didn’t take her long to realize I actually had a septate uterus. She performed surgery to fix it and I got pregnant on my first FET.
How was your experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr Kay is an amazing Dr and I would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility. I went to her thinking I had a bicornuate uterus and I had no idea why I wasn’t getting pregnant. It didn’t take her long to realize I actually had a septate uterus. She performed surgery to fix it and I got pregnant on my first FET. Unfortunately I miscarried my first two babies. Dr Kay was there with a hug and willing to help me move forward in any way that I wanted to. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my little girl! I also struggle with extreme anxiety and Dr Kay understood that and always made sure to calm my fears. I can’t say enough good things about this Dr. She is truly one in a million!
Ask Dr Kay any questions you have regarding treatment. She is very upfront and honest.
Dr Kay is extremely personable and always remembered every detail of my case.
Since my infertility was really just due to the septate uterus my egg retrieval and transfers were pretty standard I think.
I went to Dominion’s Fair Oaks office and had the pleasure of working with Christina and Lisa. They are both amazing! They always kept me calm and were there to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
Dominion’s offices are wonderful! Clean, modern and up to date technology. They keep up with all the latest research and science. I was seen mostly at the Fair Oaks office but also had some treatments at the Arlington location.
Well, IVF isn’t cheap! Doninion does have a variety of packages to choose from which is helpful, but between your package, additional testing and medication it adds up quick!
At Doninion they will only transfer one embryo at a time. At first I thought maybe it would be nice to have twins but now I’m reallh glad that one at a time is their policy.
Fairfax