Available by cell phone
Arlington, VA 22203
Fairfax
3620 Joseph Siewick Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kay Waud to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dominion Fertility to a friend?
we used Natural Cycle IVF [with Dr. Kay Waud]- just my natural egg produced in a cycle without fertility medication prior...She spent so much more time discussing our test results [than previous doctor] and providing some new insights as to why we may be having trouble (particularly pertaining to some male infertility issues)...did not perform any of the major procedures in our Natural Cycle IVF treatment...my experience with her as a patient in consult and diagnostics was very positive.
Every nurse [at Dominion Fertility] at every visit is kind, friendly and eager to make you feel comfortable. Being poked with needles for blood draws and having sonograms every other day during follicle monitoring can be unpleasant, but the nurses remain positive and calm - and they all seem to know how to draw blood very delicately...Prior to starting treatment, we did a mock embryo transfer and a water sonogram, which cost us a total of $650. Most everything that occurs during a Natural Cycle IVF treatment (monitoring, egg retrieval, semen collection, fertilization, embryo transfer, etc.) is covered under a package price of $4900.
How was your experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Kay did not perform any of the major procedures in our Natural Cycle IVF treatment (Dr. DiMattina did that), but my experience with her as a patient in consult and diagnostics was very positive. She is clearly invested in the best possible outcomes for her patients, and was very candid about treatment options that she did not feel would be good for us (for example, IUI treatment because of our particular challenges would have been a wasted effort in her opinion). I felt very trusting of her opinions and recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Kay is extremely thorough, and I feel compassionate and kind, but I do think that some might perceive her to be a little bit colder at first conversation. I don't believe this is the case, but you might want to be prepared for that possibility as you consult with her. She will definitely answer your questions, listen to you, and provide you with as much information as you'd like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Kay is extremely thorough in her consultations. Not only this, but a few years ago, I had a miscarriage, and she was the doctor to confirm it (even though she was not my primary doctor at Dominion at the time). I didn't immediately remember this, but she did and was very kind a compassionate about it. Our original doctor at Dominion had since left the practice, and Dr. Kay become our new primary. She spent so much more time discussing our test results and providing some new insights as to why we may be having trouble (particularly pertaining to some male infertility issues).
Describe the protocols Kay Waud used in your cycles at Dominion Fertility and their degree of success.
Baby Aspirin once a day to help the lining of my uterus, and then progesterone and estradiol once my embryo was fertilized prior to egg retrieval. Limited activities during the two week wait after transfer. These are all designed for the best possible outcome - successful implantation of the fertilized embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amy (called me the most))
I can't say enough about the incredible nursing staff and coordinators at Dominion Fertility Arlington. Every nurse at every visit is kind, friendly and eager to make you feel comfortable. Being poked with needles for blood draws and having sonograms every other day during follicle monitoring can be unpleasant, but the nurses remain positive and calm - and they all seem to know how to draw blood very delicately. I have always felt very comforted by the staff at Dominion.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
This clinic is wonderful. The offices and lobby are always neat and clean, and the waiting area is comfortable. The front desk staff will always greet you with kindness and a smile. Appointments are made very efficiently over the phone, and I have never been kept waiting past an appointment time before seeing the doctor. Billing is even around the corner and incredibly helpful - they will answer any and all questions you have about costs of treatment on the spot. If I had just one issue, and it's a slight one, it would be that you can almost never reach a nurse directly in real time - you'll have to leave a voicemail at the nurses' desk, and they will return your call. At times, this can take a few hours, but they never make you wait more than a day for a return call, so it's really a minor issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility.
Because Virginia doesn't have a mandate for fertility treatment coverage through health care, patients pay for all of treatments out of pocket. Prior to starting treatment, we did a mock embryo transfer and a water sonogram, which cost us a total of $650. Most everything that occurs during a Natural Cycle IVF treatment (monitoring, egg retrieval, semen collection, fertilization, embryo transfer, etc.) is covered under a package price of $4900. We also paid for assisted hatching of the embryo at $500. Anesthesia for the egg retrieval is an additional separate cost of $500, and then there is the cost of medications, which for us was around $300. All in all, our treatment cost us around $6850.
Describe Kay Waud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dominion Fertility.
This does not apply to me because we used Natural Cycle IVF - just my natural egg produced in a cycle without fertility medication prior.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Waud is very on top of recent research...One thing I most appreciated about her is she gave me her phone number, and I could text and speak with her directly and immediately about any concerns...I think Dr. Waud would agree that our case turned out to be more complicated than it appeared, resulting in a misdiagnosis which ultimately led us to change clinics...She also teaches at a med school, and she has very clear views on the science of reproductive challenges, which she communicates very clearly.
[The nurses at Dominion Fertility were] All great, sweet women. I had a missed miscarriage which showed itself in a monitoring ultrasound, and in retrospect I could not have been surrounded by nicer people...When we were transferring to the next clinic, we requested our medical records. A crucial report showing the karyotype of our miscarriage was left out of this paperwork, and it took a lot of back and forth and non-responsiveness to resolve.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Waud is very on top of recent research. She also teaches at a med school, and she has very clear views on the science of reproductive challenges, which she communicates very clearly. One thing I most appreciated about her is she gave me her phone number, and I could text and speak with her directly and immediately about any concerns. I have seen two other doctors since then, neither of whom provided that. Unforunately, science does not always match what happens in human existence, and I think Dr. Waud would agree that our case turned out to be more complicated than it appeared, resulting in a misdiagnosis which ultimately led us to change clinics.
Ask her to go over all details of your case with a fine tooth comb, examining all contingencies, and not necessarily deciding that the simple answer is the best answer.
Dr. Waud is definitely empathetic. We’ve been through several losses, which was not something she was dismissive of. We experienced one loss and one hysteroscopy under her care, and her bedside manner at surgery was the mix of humane and confident that I want in those stressful situations.
We arrived at Dr. Waud’s office having already lost one single and one twin naturally conceived pregnancy. Dr. Waud thought there was a good independent explanation for each, but nonetheless order some other diagnostic testing. She thought none looked indicative of an inability conceive and carry, so we were sent on our way to try on our own. While we did conceive again relatively quickly, this too resulted in another karyotypically normal loss. To Dr. Waud’s credit, she seemed as sad and stumped by this as we were.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The waiting room is beautiful, as are all the facilities. The billing folks are not super clear, but having encountered others at other clinics, that seems to be par for the course. I saw Dr. Waud for every step - consultations, diagnostic testing, and, unfortunately, D&C and follow-up hysteroscopy procédures.
Our costs ended up being all diagnostic or pregnancy related, and therefore we had pretty good insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility.

Dr Kay was there with a hug and willing to help me move forward in any way that I wanted to... I also struggle with extreme anxiety and Dr Kay understood that and always made sure to calm my fears... I went to her thinking I had a bicornuate uterus and I had no idea why I wasn’t getting pregnant. It didn’t take her long to realize I actually had a septate uterus. She performed surgery to fix it and I got pregnant on my first FET.
I went to Dominion’s Fair Oaks office and had the pleasure of working with Christina and Lisa. They are both amazing! They always kept me calm and were there to answer any questions I had...Doninion does have a variety of [cost] packages to choose from which is helpful...offices are wonderful! Clean, modern and up to date technology. They keep up with all the latest research and science. I was seen mostly at the Fair Oaks office but also had some treatments at the Arlington location.
How was your experience with Kay Waud at Dominion Fertility?
Dr Kay is an amazing Dr and I would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility. I went to her thinking I had a bicornuate uterus and I had no idea why I wasn’t getting pregnant. It didn’t take her long to realize I actually had a septate uterus. She performed surgery to fix it and I got pregnant on my first FET. Unfortunately I miscarried my first two babies. Dr Kay was there with a hug and willing to help me move forward in any way that I wanted to. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my little girl! I also struggle with extreme anxiety and Dr Kay understood that and always made sure to calm my fears. I can’t say enough good things about this Dr. She is truly one in a million!
Ask Dr Kay any questions you have regarding treatment. She is very upfront and honest.
Dr Kay is extremely personable and always remembered every detail of my case.
Since my infertility was really just due to the septate uterus my egg retrieval and transfers were pretty standard I think.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
Dominion’s offices are wonderful! Clean, modern and up to date technology. They keep up with all the latest research and science. I was seen mostly at the Fair Oaks office but also had some treatments at the Arlington location.
Well, IVF isn’t cheap! Doninion does have a variety of packages to choose from which is helpful, but between your package, additional testing and medication it adds up quick!
At Doninion they will only transfer one embryo at a time. At first I thought maybe it would be nice to have twins but now I’m reallh glad that one at a time is their policy.
Fairfax