Available by cell phone
ResidencyKeesler AF Base
FellowshipWalter Reed
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Keith Blauer to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?
Dr. Blauer would only transfer 1 embryo for me for my first fresh and first frozen, but said after that he would maybe consider 2...He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers...When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol...On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
In the beginning Dr. Blauer seemed to care and wanted to help, he also seemed very confident with our chances to start off. During stims and monitoring he never really gave a lot of insight to how we were doing and what he expected. I felt like he just felt BLAH about how we were doing. Out of sight and out of mind as a patient. I was also really upset about the lack of communication. We wanted 2 embryos the second go round and I talked with everyone at the clinic several times to make sure this was in place. On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER. I was emotionally distraught to say the least. After our second failure I wanted answers. He never reached out and didn't seem to care at all about changing the protocol or helping me. I had to speak with his nurse about my frustrations and he responded to those concerns with "notes in my chart" for if I called again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask as many questions as you can! Ask why he is doing what he is doing, ask what follow up you can expect and try and schedule a plan before every big procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was not very personable and did not go into depth about many of the procedures. I felt I was going in blind, even after doing a lot of research before hand. He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers. I was an out of state patient and it was very difficult for me to feel like I was a priority at the clinic. When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Blauer is very conservative with medication to avoid OHSS, especially in someone my age. I was on fairly low doses of menopur and gonal f for egg retrieval and began suppositories of progesterone in preparation or my fresh transfer. For my frozen I was on estradiol, baby aspirin, and PIO injections. I responded very well to everything I had plenty of follicles and produced 17 eggs. For my frozen it was postponed a month because I responded too well to the estradiol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Chanise )
I loved Chanise!!! She would always call me back, answer my questions, and address all of my concerns. I truly felt that she cared. During my transfers I was in a lot of pain and she would try and distract me and would make jokes and helped me really relax. SHE IS THE BOMB!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinics nursing staff is awesome I loved pretty much everyone that I worked with. The billing department lady was sometimes rude, especially at the beginning when I was clueless with how everything worked. I loved that they had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.
We had partial insurance coverage, the total bill was about 35,000 with meds for retrieval and fresh cycle. Frozen was about another 5,000
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Blauer] was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos... Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.... For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos, Dr. Blauer told us we wouldn’t be able to because the clinic might be dropped as a preferred provider for different insurances. We paid for everything out of pocket, our insurance didn’t pay for anything. We didn’t love that but dealt with it.
Be completely open and honest about how you’re feeling with your treatment plan
He was honest about what he thought our chances were.
For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone along with baseline ultrasounds and follicle scans. I don’t remember the specifics for our FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were very nice. They communicated very well with me. When I did my pregnancy test the nurse that called me told me my HCG number, which was very low but a positive, and said “I’m cautiously optimistic for you,” which helped me a lot. She didn’t get my hopes up too high but wasn’t totally bumming out either
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I really enjoyed the staff there. They were always very happy to see me and made me feel comfortable. I have a friend who also went to RCC and had a completely different experience. I was always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?” She felt ignored and like they were too busy for her.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
They ran things very well. There were only a couple times they called me back before they were ready for me, but the wait was never too long.
So with our egg retrieval, ICSI, the FET, and storage we paid right around $11,000.
I mentioned this earlier but Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Keith Blauer] had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.... He seemed very personable and there to help us in a very uncomfortable situation. Nobody wants to have to go to a fertility doctor. So he made it more comfortable to speak about our situation. He sometimes can forget to "dumb things down" so I can understand things though. I would make sure to have plenty of questions to ask so I understood everything.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Go to each appointment with questions that you have so you can get them answered. Everyone is so knowledgeable and they can help you understand the whole fertility process a little better.
He truly cared about what my husband and I had to say. We have been trying to conceive for 6 years and it felt like he cared and tried to give us solutions to help.
He had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.
They were wonderful in helping me feel more at ease with my fertility situation. They definitely made sure I understood the next steps to take in order to get where we wanted to be.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think this clinic is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.
My insurance had a $50 copay for a specialist office. Of course all of the preliminary tests were out of pockets so we have probably spent close to $5000 on those tests.

2016 - 2019
We have had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr. Blauer. I can't remember a time I have left not knowing what was going on in our cycle, protocol or what to expect next. He anwsers all of our questions in depth, he is very understanding and has the best bedside manner. He has called us to simply check on us after failed FETs. He truly wants his patients to take a baby home!... We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
That they truly would not be disappointed with his care. We couldn't of picked a more dedicated doctor than him!
DR. BLAUER HAS THE MOST AMAZING BEDSIDE MANNER, WILL SIT AND ANWSER ALL OUR QUESTIONS IN DEPTH AND RESEARCH EVERYTHING WE BRING UP IF HE HASN'T USED THAT PARTICULAR PROTOCOL. HE IS SUCH AN AMAZING DOCTOR TO WORK WITH!
We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI, with days 3-7 at 75mg of Femera, that was a negative pregnancy test. We waited 2 years until we were able to go to IVF. The STIM medications I used for 9 days (Gonal F, Cetrocide, Menopur, baby aspirin, over the counter vitamins) we had an egg retrieval where I was at risk for hyperstimulation and opted to do a freeze all and do a transfer the following month. We are male factor so we did ICSI. Our first transfer failed so we are not trying to get another protocol set for FET 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam Wright)
The particular nurse mentioned is amazing at coordinating and communicating most definitely. She is whom I communicate with the most. On our first failed cycle I felt like she lacked a lot of empathy and was put off by that. I do love and amazed by his staff in the Idaho Clinic. They are amazing all around. .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff and friendliness. I remember having issues with prior nurses and their communicating but have had no issues with the current staff. Highly recommend Dr Blauers team!
Monitoring appointments were scheduled, comfortingly, not rush and organized. I've never felt like a number or cattle call in their clinic.
My husband and I received a free cycle through the Footsteps for Fertility Run organization. We revieved a free IVF Cycle and monitoring for no cost. We paid $3800 for medications roughly, $518 for embroyo storage, other minor associated costs. Our first Frozen embryo transfer failed and we preparing for FET 2..
Dr Blauer always encourages 1 embroyo with our specific treatment. He encourages 1 for multiple reasons. Mother and bab(ies) in mind.
Sandy

We came up with a game plan [with Dr. Blauer] of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui...Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I have been seeing dr. Blauer for a couple of years now, he has always been friendly and knowledgeable. He ran many tests on both me and my husband to determine what our infertility issues may be, which I thought was very helpful instead of just guessing what issues could be. We came up with a game plan of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui. We are currently on our last iui cycle before moving onto Ivf Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong. One thing people may not know or like is that you don’t always see him every time you go in for treatment depending on what you are going in for, generally you see his nurses if you are having an iui procedure rather than the main doctor, but if he is around you can always speak to him if you have a question. He does travel quite a bit so that could be a negative to someone, but it seems as though his traveling is to infertility conventions held in Europe yearly which could only aid in bettering him as a doctor, even when we was out of town he would schedule a phone meeting with me if I needed to speak to him which was nice that I could still speak to him while he was away Overall I would say my experience with dr Blauer and his team has been great and I would recommend him to a friend that was experiencing infertility. We are currently on our last iui before moving onto Ivf and he has been very supportive on what to expect and our options for the procedure if we do need to move onto it. He has stayed very positive throughout our treatments.
Go in with an open mind to what your treatments may include. Make sure you have a firm understanding of what you are wanting to spend, whether it would be beneficial to do some iuis first or to move directly onto Ivf. Listen to his advice as he knows what he is talking about
Dr Blauer carefully went over numerous blood tests, and ultrasounds with us to ensure we had an understanding of what our infertility issues were and what options we had as far as fertility treatments. We were able to sit for a few hours with him and ask as many questions as we wanted. We also were able to discuss personal things in our lives like family and trips and such also
We started off with the lowest dose of clomid to accompany our first couple of iuis, then after not getting pregnant moved onto using femara to see if we got a different result, we have now moved onto femara, gonal-f (450ml) and ultrasounds to check follicle size. We also discussed that for iui using my husbands sperm was not an option and so we needed to use a donor sperm for the procedures. Dr Blauer was very knowledgeable on the different sperm banks across the country and helped guide us to a credible one. All of our procedures so far I would say have gone with protocol as starting out with lower treatment options and moving to more aggressive ones at treatment continued, also the fact that we are only going to try a certain number of iuis before moving onto Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam or crystal )
Both nurses I have seen for iui have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is clean, staff is friendly. They have multiple doctors and multiple teams of nurses. They will all assist you if you need anything, including doing procedures for you if necessary also. The only confusing thing sometimes can be billing as sometimes they have you pay when there, sometimes they bill you, sometimes it’s at the front desk, sometimes another desk as you are leaving
We have had varying costs so far with iuis as we have done different medications and ultrasounds with each one they varied from about $400-1000 a cycle depending
I have no comment as of yet since we have not moved onto Ivf yet.
Sandy

Dr. Blauer was very good to us. He told us stories about his family and really made us feel comfortable. We felt as though he genuinely wanted to know us. He did not just talk to me (the wife) while going through the procedures. He made sure both my husband and I knew what to expect each and every time we walked into the office.... We did a few cycles of IUI with clomid (150 mg). None of which were successful. So we decided to persue IVF. I took Menopur and Gonal-f. Then pregnyl for my trigger shot.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
If you are nervous. Don’t be. Dr. Blauer will make sure to do everything he can to help you. He is such a genuinely kind man and a great doctor.
Dr Blauer is so kind an genuine. He really got to know my husband and I during our IVF cycle. We felt as though he cared for us and wanted everything to work out in our favor.
We did a few cycles of IUI with clomid (150 mg). None of which were successful. So we decided to persue IVF. I took Menopur and Gonal-f. Then pregnyl for my trigger shot. And then after transfer I took endometrin 3 times a day. We are currently pregnant with our IVF baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff as a whole are wonderful. We worked very closely with Lisa for our IVF cycle. She is such a sweetheart and so very helpful to make sure we knew what to expect and how everything worked. We also worked a bit with Robin and she is also great. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is awesome. From the moment you walk in the door you feel so welcomed and reassured. Their receptionist gave birth to the first IVF baby in Idaho so she knows exactly what you are going through and was so wonderful to work with. They always made sure we were comfortable — gave us water, a tour of the facility, basically anything we needed. They are just a truly wonderful group of individuals.
Our IVF cycle was about $10000 with $4000 in medications and $350 for OHSS insurance.
We were only given the option to transfer one embryo.
Sandy

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions... even the most silliest!
Dr Blauer is absolutely amazing. He has made me feel very important and has made my needs a priority. He is so kind! This is my first cycle of IVF so it is all new to me. But Dr Blauer and his staff have been more than willing to answer all my questions and address all my concerns. They’ve all made me feel like I’m their #1 priority!
I’m in the process of starting my first IVF cycle. We started 5 or 6 weeks ago. We first started with clomid and currently on hgh supplements. I will be starting injections with the start of my next menstrul cycle... expected in about 10 days. Getting anxious!
All of the staff have been absolutely wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I go to the Idaho Falls office. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
I’m very fortunate that my insurance has some coverage for this.
Unsure

2010 - 2018
Dr. Blaur has a very kind approach to treatment. He meets with us as a couple every time we are ready to start a round of fertility cycles and he is familiar with us and our children...Our 9th IUI worked, the first cycle using injections. After that, we opted to do IVF due to limited quantities of sperm and Dr. Blaur was completely supportive. We have never had an IVF cycle not work under his care. Our first IVF cycle resulted in twins, our second in a singleton, our 3rd in a singleton, and I am currently expecting a sixth child from a FET. Dr. Blaur has been involved in every step of building our family.
2010 - 2018
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blaur is an excellent doctor. He genuinely loves what he does and has a true compassion for couples who desire to have children and have trouble doing so. He is a very knowledgeable doctor with a lot of experience. He also keeps up with the latest reproductive technology and takes advantage of any science that could help his patients conceive.
I would say to get an appointment sooner than later. We did not wait one year to see a fertility doctor when we felt strongly we would have troubles conceiving and we are so glad. If there are signs of infertility, call in and get the diagnostics going.
With our first visit, we were immediately referred to a top urologist in the state to get an idea of what type of MFI we were dealing with. Once those tests were completed, Dr. Blaur gave us a very clear picture of what our options were, which were limited, and he also provided some comfort and information about support groups of that was something we were interested in. Since we were struggling with MFI, we started with a couple natural cycles with DS and then progressed from there adding medications. Our 9th IUI worked, the first cycle using injections. After that, we opted to do IVF due to limited quantities of sperm and Dr. Blaur was completely supportive. We have never had an IVF cycle not work under his care. Our first IVF cycle resulted in twins, our second in a singleton, our 3rd in a singleton, and I am currently expecting a sixth child from a FET. Dr. Blaur has been involved in every step of building our family.
Very concise. They call back quickly. Compassionate. They mourn with us and celebrate with us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful to us because they have multiple locations. They did not when we were first patients and it was quite a drive for us, but they opened another office closer to our home and we can go to either clinic depending on what each appointment entails. I would recommend any of the doctors at this clinic, as we have worked with all of them, Dr. Blaur being the primary doctor and the other following his treatment protocol for us.
You pay for a cycle ahead of time and then do the entire cycle without having to pay. Infertility treatments are expensive no matter where you go. The prices at RCC are fair and competitive.
He was okay with whichever we chose, one or two embryos.
Sandy

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.... He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We got serious about treatment when the RCC was expanding their clinic in Idaho, so he didn't do a lot of my ultrasounds and check ups, but he was there for the important ones. He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
He tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.
Dr. Blauer answered all of our questions when we first came in for a consult- and we had a LOT of questions. We talked for at least an hour and he didn't rush us and got to know us personally. He knew I was a special case and gave us the facts, but also gave us hope that we desperately needed. During some visits, we would both show each other pictures of our dogs. I really like Dr. Blauer and recommend him to anyone that needs help.
Due to my condition, I had to take almost triple the amount of meds a normal IVF patient had to take. My eggs would not react as well. We noticed this trend halfway through my cycle and decided to up the dosage and got much better results. He suggested I take multiple vitamins to preserve egg quality (DHEA, Melatonin, SeroVital, Vitamin D3, CoQ10 and a prenatal for months) We switched from progesterone suppositories to injections because they were cheaper and more convenient for me working full-time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette Rossi)
Jeanette was the best nurse I could have asked for. She was always there for me and would return my calls as late as 7:30 some nights. She was super happy when telling me I was pregnant for the first time and we are now facebook friends. She was involved in a huge IVF study and had to work on that, so Tracy became my new nurse. She was just as great. She was also undergoing infertility treatments at the same time, so we could talk and tell each other of our experiences. I love the nursing staff there! They are all super nice and understanding.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think they are getting busier, which is really good for them. Sometimes the wait is a little long (30 min). Their IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.
After the IUI's we decided to do a package IVF deal with 2 or 3 cycles if we paid cash up front. We paid about $15k for the dual cycle package and another $4k in medication costs. They even gave us the option to "upgrade" to a 3rd IVF cycle for the package cost. We had to get special permission to get the package deal but it was worth it. They were also offering discounted IVF cycles to couples who qualified (we didn't qualify, but lots others did). Because we had insurance coverage, they were able to get us some money back for the multiple IVF cycle - $12,000, making it a little cheaper to try and have a baby. They were always willing to talk to me about any of my financial questions and their online docusign program is awesome. It saves you a trip from having to go to the clinic in person and sign the papers.
Originally we transferred 2 embryos on the first fresh IVF cycle in hopes of getting twins but neither took. The first frozen cycle we transferred 2 as well and one took and resulted in a miscarriage. The last frozen cycle we only did one. Dr. Blauer strongly recommended implanting no more than 2 embryos and I'm glad we did only one the last time.

2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is a very nice man and a knowledgable, experienced doctor. I could definitely tell that he knew what he was talking about. However, he does have a bit of an awkward bedside manner sometimes, as though he is more comfortable with the science than the people. I also felt like there were times he could have prepared better for our appointments because we'd go in for a follow up and spend most of our time reviewing our charts and talking about past treatments rather than focusing on a plan for the next step. There was one time where another doctor made a suggestion that Dr. Blauer did not agree with and I chose to follow which seemed to bother him a bit but not enough that things got uncomfortable or caused a problem (in fact it resulted in our live birth!).
My advice would be to make sure you research your options and conditions then come prepared with very specific questions so that you leave understanding exactly where you're at and where you're going. Also, that way if there is any kind of option he may not specifically suggest you can bring it to his attention and work together to decide if its right for you. Also, don't be afraid to make a decision based on what your comfortable with even if it isn't necessarily his top recommendation.
To Dr. Blaur I felt a little bit more like a number because he often spent our appointment time reviewing charts to remind himself of facts that he had forgotten (something I felt could and maybe should have been done before bringing us into his office). He was more focused of the technical side of things. However, his lead nurse who most of my communication with, very much so treated me as a person and was an absolute angel through the whole process. She was literally constantly available to me for absolutely anything I needed no matter the time of day and her responses were always very quick when I needed information or lab orders. She went so far above and beyond what I would expect that I felt she really was a big reason I was able to cope fairly well through 6 cycles of IVF, 2 miscarriages, and 3 negative pregnancy tests before getting my miracle baby.
My treatments were pretty standard as far as I am aware. I was put on follistim (because of which insurance I had), low dose HCG(done by the clinic), cetrotide(as a supressor), pregnyl(trigger shot), and endometrin suppositories (progesterone for after transfer) all at typical doses as well. I took the first two every night and then added the third halfway through to help avoid hyperstimulation. The pregnyl was a trigger shot taken once my follicles were ready in order to trigger the release of the eggs. My husband and I would go in before the retrieval to give a seamen sample to so the eggs would be fertilized immediately after with ICSI because of low sperm mobility. Then the embryos were graded on Day three which is when we choose to transfer the first time and continued to do because we left the rest of the embryos until day 5 and for some reason none of them ever made it to that. The only thing that I remember changing from cycle to cycle was some different supplements that were added for various reasons. Its been so long I'm not sure I could keep straight the reasons for each but I took CoQ10 (300 mg twice daily), serovital (4 at bedtime), 2000 units of vitamin d, Metafolin (1mg daily for an MTHFR deficiency found through genetic testing). My baby was a result of my very last FET which was done at the Idaho clinic. Another Dr. did one of my monitoring appointments and suggested letting my uterine lining thicken a little more than Dr. Blauer typically did. We decided to take his advice despite it seeming "unnecessary" and got our daughter! Whether it was because of that or not we'll never know but thats the only thing I remember changing besides small changes in dose based on my blood draw levels. I'm not sure what else would be included as protocols but I hope that was enough details!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanetter Rossi)
Jeanette was literally an absolute angel! She is the greatest blessing I could have ever asked for out of a clinic. She constantly went above and beyond the call of duty. She would answer emails or even call me after hours, at home, to answer questions or calm worries. She went out of her way to make things as easy for me as possible and never hesitated to change things to be more convenient for me. I seriously can't possibly say enough good things about this women. I tell anyone who'll listen about how she is the reason I got through 6 cycles of IVF without losing my mind. We were in almost constant communication and I knew she had my back every step of the way. I love her dearly for everything she did for me over the 4 years it took to get my baby!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I'd say the best part of this clinic is that they send Doctors to Idaho every month or two for patients there that don't have access to a clinic closer by. In fact, since beginning my journey with reproductive care center they have opened an Idaho office where they do cycles quarterly. I live in Idaho so this is why I decided to work with them. The way the clinic works is that you have a specific Dr. but if they are not all always running cycles. So if you need a cycle done when your Dr. isn't in charge of the batch you just have monitoring appointments with whoever is there but your Dr. is always the one to review things and make final big decisions and your specific nurse is still the one to communicate results and instructions with you. In fact because of this I think I saw most of the doctors at the clinic at one point or another. I actually liked that fact because then if there was ever a problem with your main Dr. you would at least have an idea of who might want to switch to if the need arose. I was also very pleased with the billing department and how helpful they and the receptionists were. They even were able to suggest a package deal to me that helped stretched my insurance benefits to help me get more for my money, without which I might not have gotten pregnant!
I do not remember specifics because I was incredibly blessed to have great insurance so the costs change based on that

2008 - 2016
Dr. BLauer is driven by research and statistics. This isn't bad, in fact, it can be very helpful. However, in our situation, none of the 'new' research worked for us. In fact, we got pregnant with another RE by using much less medication and stimulation. DR. Blauer is compassionate and caring and a very good doctor, he just didn't find success with our treatments.
2008 - 2016
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Blauer is an excellent RE. We felt he was kind to us, compassionate, and caring. He is not the best communicator, meaning that I was left with questions unanswered sometimes, or I didn't understand the way he explained things. While others have had great success with him, we simply had bad luck with all our transfers with him.
Don't be afraid to speak up, ask for clarification, and don't be afraid to suggest alternate courses of treatment for yourself.
Dr. Blauer relies heavily on statistics and research studies. I felt like I wasn't always thought of as a human because he would suggest care based on what research had shown worked, not necessarily taking into consideration my unique situation
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I love everything about the RCC, EXCEPT their billing department. They know absolutely nothing. I'm not exaggerating when I say their billing employees overcharged me THOUSANDS of dollars. It wasn't until many months later that I discovered the mistakes. It took many many hours communicating with them to get it fixed.
WE were charged for everything. It was very difficult to get the billing department to work with our insurance for things like routine blood draws and ultrasounds.
Dr Blauer never fully explained the benefits of only transferring one embryo at a time. I was made to feel that our chances would increase if we transferred 2-3 embryos each time. It wasn't until we switched doctors that we found out our greatest success would be by transferring one embryo only.
Sandy

When I had OHSS, the doctor [Dr. Blauer] called me personally to see how I was doing and I really appreciated that...He says things hat are kind of insensitive to people with infertility. Like "are you sure you want to go through with this?" He was joking, but I didn't appreciate it. I like to know how many follicles and how big they were, he would only explain or tell me if I asked. Not very compassionate or explain what could have gone wrong when we had a chemical pregnancy.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask questions, he won't tell you what's going on otherwise.
I was in an IVF study, so often I did feel like a number. A nurse there wouldn't call when she said she would or explain what things meant very well. But when I had OHSS, the doctor called me personally to see how I was doing and I really appreciated that. A different nurse took her time explaining things better.
Everything went according to plan, stims for 11 days before trigger shot, I was taking Gonal-F. Except they couldn't give me the trigger shot until they read my blood work, my estrogen levels had gotten pretty high, so I had to go back to the office to get it. I was over stimulated so we didn't do a fresh transfer, had to wait 2 months before doing a frozen transfer. Didn't inform us of how they sperm looked or the eggs. Sometimes didn't call report when they said they would, I had to call the embryologist myself for an update on our embryos. Didn't explain what their ratings meant very well. During the frozen transfer the nurse couldn't find my uterus in the ultrasound, Dr Blauer said it was fine, but it didn't make me feel very comforted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The charge nurse was fantastic. She explained things great, was compassionate. Gave me her cell phone number. Called me to see how I was doing. Another nurse who helped with procedures was not very nice. Didn't remember even though I saw her a lot, impersonal, didn't explain things well even when I asked questions, rattled off about the embryo ratings without telling me what that meant, didn't call me to give a report when she said she would, couldn't find my uterus during the frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Sometimes they act like you've done this before so you should know what they are talking about. I'm on to my second transfer and I still couldn't remember completely what we did for the first one. I'd rather they over explain, but they don't. They don't always call when they say they will, had to call the embryologist multiple times.
One cycle of IVF is a little under $8,000. Then they have different packages, which includes all frozen transfers if necessary. 2 fresh cycles is $15,600, 3 fresh is $18,500, 4 cycles is $20,800. Guarantee program is $23,000, that's up to 4 cycles 100% money back if you do not have a live birth. ISCI is another $2,000. Medications range from $3,000-$5,000.
They let me choose. Told me the warnings of having multiples.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I love that Dr. Blaur is willing to explain everything. Even if it means scheduling phone calls at 7am. He can be very technical in his explanations, but will “dumb it down” if you don’t understand... He can come off cold at first, but really he has the perfect mix of bedside manner and bluntness... Icsi was used for fertilization and pgs testing on day 5 followed by a fresh embryo transfer. Only one embryo was transferred per protocol.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I love that Dr. Blaur is willing to explain everything. Even if it means scheduling phone calls at 7am. He can be very technical in his explanations, but will “dumb it down” if you don’t understand. Our first doctor would never explain why we couldn’t conceive. He explained it within the first 5 mins after taking our medical history.
Let him know if you don’t understand a concept he is trying to explain. He can come off cold at first, but really he has the perfect mix of bedside manner and bluntness.
He took the time to explain everything to us even if it meant being late for another appointment or calling us at 7am. Our very first appointment he was an hour late. Initially I was very upset until we found out that he was on the phone with a distraught patient. This man cares.
I was involved in a research study with Dr Blauer comparing Menopur and GonalF. I was given Menopur for approximately 10 days while being monitored via u/s. Followed by a trigger shot then egg retrieval. Icsi was used for fertilization and pgs testing on day 5 followed by a fresh embryo transfer. Only one embryo was transferred per protocol. Endometrin suppositories were used until week 10. All procedures and dosages performed were per the protocol set by the study sponsor.
I love the nursing staff at RCC. They go through the trenches with you. One sweet nurse who prepped us for our hormone shots shared with us her own ivf story to ease our nerves. One nurse we grew very close to and still talk to today.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths- They care about their patients. They try their best to keep you as informed as possible. I received calls from Dr. Blauer at 7a before the clinic opened to talk about results and calls from the nursing staff at 7pm, long after the office had closed, to update me on my embryos’ growth. Weaknesses-they are busy.
Monitoring visits were in the morning which was a little inconvenient as I work in a clinic and the morning is my busiest time, however, it always worked out. I usually waited 15-20 mins before being seen.
My insurance cover about 80% of diagnostics. Overall I believe we paid $500-$1000. All procedures related to the study protocol were covered by the study sponsor.
The study only allowed for eSET
Sandy

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] wasn't interested in talking very much and I always had to wait for around an hour after my appointment time to be seen with no apologies ever. Also I had to sit there silently while he logged in my info which I felt like he was more worried about my stats not concerned with me... I put in two embryos even though Dr. Blauer continued to make me feel like a bad person for doing so but we felt strongly we needed two in. I conceived a single embryo from the two and am currently in my third trimester with a little boy. Dr. Blauer obviously knew what he was doing and I know of several people with success stories after having him as a doctor.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very slow each appointment but still didn't talk very much to me. He was efficient in the procedures but the worst experience I had was when we talked about how many embryos to transfer. My husband and I felt strongly to put in two and Dr. Blauer continued to make snide comments saying we were risking our babies health just to make sure the first procedure worked. Even after we told him we were firm on two he wrote down one transfer on our paper and we had to tell him no we said two embryos. After that I didn't like being around him because I felt very judged for wanting two.
Be prepared to wait a long time for your visits. Listen to what he has to say but also follow your own intuitions and stand firm on your embryo transfer amount if it feels right to you.
He wasn't interested in talking very much and I always had to wait for around an hour after my appointment time to be seen with no apologies ever. Also I had to sit there silently while he logged in my info which I felt like he was more worried about my stats not concerned with me.
My egg retrieval went well, I started to get close to being overly stimulated by the dosage amount and had to lesson the dosage a couple of times. I had many follicles that were getting too large so they had to move up my egg retrieval date a couple of days. It was nice to move things faster but it also caused me not to have as many mature eggs. I had 11 which is a good amount but lots of people have more than that. They let all my embryos grow 5 days which I had 5 successful embryos after that. They gave one egg one more day to grow and it ended up being good as well and was frozen at 6 days. I put in two embryos even though Dr. Blauer continued to make me feel like a bad person for doing so but we felt strongly we needed two in. I conceived a single embryo from the two and am currently in my third trimester with a little boy. Dr. Blauer obviously knew what he was doing and I know of several people with success stories after having him as a doctor.
I loved the nursing staff. They were much more compassionate than Dr. Blauer and they knew who I was through the whole process. They were the best part of the experience especially Barb in the Pleasant Grove office. She has gone through IVF herself so she was very understanding and made sure you knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Pleasant Grove office is great. Its small so they know who you are. You have to have your large procedures like egg retrieval and transfer done at the Sandy office though. The Sandy office always was a long wait, usually an hour past your appointment time and the longest I waited was an hour and a half. I would still recommend just because the Pleasant Grove office was so great.
My insurance covered 80% off all procedures so we spent around $2800 for everything which we were very lucky that was all.
He is very against putting multiple in, at least he was in my case. He still let us make the decision but we had to stand firm and he made us feel like we were horrible parents for putting two in. He also wrote one embryo transfer on our paper after we had told him two and we had to point out that he had written it down wrong and make him change it to two.
Pleasant Grove

2011 - 2013
I was impressed with how well-prepared Dr. Blauer was for each appointment. He had obviously reviewed our history before the appointment, and asked questions about us as people in addition to our medical history. However, he is not what I would describe as overly warm, and dealing with infertility seemed very routine to him ... I appreciated that he didn't push the most aggressive treatments from the get-go.
2011 - 2013
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is very knowledgeable. He takes the time to review your history each appointment and I appreciated that he didn't push the most aggressive treatments from the get-go. He has a pretty brusque personality and is very matter-of-fact. He sometimes explains things in a way that is confusing to someone without a lot of medical knowledge. We usually had a long wait in his office (not in the waiting room) for appointments.
Don't expect to have him be holding your hand, so to speak. He is straightforward, which a lot of people prefer.
I was impressed with how well-prepared Dr. Blauer was for each appointment. He had obviously reviewed our history before the appointment, and asked questions about us as people in addition to our medical history. However, he is not what I would describe as overly warm, and dealing with infertility seemed very routine to him (which I know it is, but it's not how you want to feel when you're going through something very difficult).
We attempted 4 IUIs with Dr. Blauer (one had to be canceled as my husband was unable to produce a semen sample that day). First cycle: I took 100 mg Clomid for 5 days (days 3-7). Result: Not pregnant. Second cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 150u of FSH injections for 5 days (days 7, 9, 11, 12, 13). Result: Not pregnant. Third cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 150u of FSH injections for 3 days (days 7, 9, 11). Result: Cycle canceled. Fourth cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 225u of FSH injections for 2 days (days 7, 9). Result: Not pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim was awesome. She was gentle, thorough in her explanations, and never made me feel rushed as I asked her many questions. Unfortunately, we did not get to work with Kim every time, and at the point we were considering IVF we had to work with another nurse who was the exact opposite of Kim.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It's a nice environment. The waiting area and doctor's office are all very warm and welcoming. (We recently met with some IVF doctors at the University of Utah, and the locations with them were unpredictable, and very sterile and clinical.) Most of the nurses are super caring and anxious for your success. I felt like our care was more personalized while going through IUIs. Once we felt ready to explore IVF it felt much more regimented and less personalized.
I don't remember for sure, but I think it was around $400-$500 per IUI.
As I recall, he recommended that women 35 and under (I may be remembering the age incorrectly) have a maximum of 3 embryos transferred, and for women over that cut-off age they increased the maximum to 3.
Sandy

He [Dr. Blauer] was very truthful and up front. When big decisions were made he was very on point on what exactly will be and needs to be done. Excellent doctor. I would recommend to anyone. Every time I came into an appointment he was so welcoming and asked how I was doing. He got right down to business and got to work figuring out a good path of treatment...He is very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very truthful and up front. When big decisions were made he was very on point on what exactly will be and needs to be done. Excellent doctor. I would recommend to anyone. Every time I came into an appointment he was so welcoming and asked how I was doing. He got right down to business and got to work figuring out a good path of treatment.
Make sure you follow all of his instructions very careful and keep in mind everything he has to say. He is very knowledgeable. Good luck with your journey!
They treat everyone so good with respect and everyone is so kind and caring
I know we used all sorts of injections for the retrievals. I really can’t remember the names or doses I was on asvits almost been a year since the last one. I remember him putting me on metformin, levothyroxine, estrodiol, also suppository and an injection of hormones before the last two frozen embryo cycles. I don’t remember the names though
They were always so kind and understanding and listened to and addressed everything I had to say.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Quality health care for fertility doctors, love them and the well trained staff they have. They get everything done and still make us patients feel good and happy. One of the weaknesses was that they are super busy but they didn’t let you down or ignore your treatment ever.
Everything was super expensive but they did work with me for sure
He did have a strong preference in how many to transfer. He preferred only one because of the risks and complications with multiples in pregnancy.

2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Blauer has a gentle demeanor, he is very humble, yet very educated and successful. He remembers us and never treats us like a number. We love Dr. Blauer and will always be greatful to the hard work and perseverance he’s had with our situation....Dr. Blauer has a gentle demeanor, he is very humble, yet very educated and successful. He remembers us and never treats us like a number. We love Dr. Blauer and will always be greatful to the hard work and perseverance he’s had with our situation.
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I would advise them to trust him completely. There’s no one else I’d want handling my care.
Dr. Blauer shows genuine care and affection. He is very personable, and is always ready to help and answer any questions or concerns. Both of our pregnancies ended in miscarriage and Dr. Blauer was very kind and sympathetic, and ready to work and help us keep going. He always says “let’s get you a baby” and I genuinely know that he’s putting his whole self into helping us start our family.
Young, kind, energetic, quick to respond to all calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I believe in this clinic with all my heart. Every employee and staff member has treated me with kindness and respect. I can’t think of any weaknesses with the clinic. I genuinely have had nothing but respect shown to me. We miscarried twice and were treated beautifully both times.
Our initial fresh IVF cycle was $14,000. This was for monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, blood draws, ICSI, egg transfer, frozen remaining embryos, and pregnancy test. After our miscarriage our next frozen cycle was $3,800 and that was with a 10% discount for miscarriage.
Dr. Blauer was very open about the risks of multiple embryo transfer, he gave us our odds of success with a single embryo, and explained his reasoning for wanting us to do single. He also explained that he would not stop us from doing multiple. In the end we trusted his judgement, and we did have successful implantation with single embryo.
Sandy

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Blauer is very good at reviewing everything with you carefully and helping you deal with any complications that come up.... He's been a great doctor and has been nice but hasn't sugar coated answers when I needed to know what my chances were. Hes been understanding and helpful when we've had problems getting my husband in with me for appointments.... started using clomid for several months gradually upping the dose.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Bring a notebook and ask what all of your options are and what he thinks the best route is.
started using clomid for several months gradually upping the dose. We then switched to letrozole. When that didn't help we started iui with letrozole and trigger shots.
the only issue I had was I couldn't get a nurse to call me back about a test result for almost a week and a half, I ended up having to make an appointment to get them. I also think they forget to give you information sometimes because the assume you already know or have it. The website is lousy too 😊
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
the only thing I don't like is their website, it's confusing and doesn't have information I need on it. Cant make a payment when your logged in and emailing a nurse usually doesn't get a reply. Otherwise the clinic is very nice and clean and inviting and everyone there is very sweet.
The costs have always been right around what I was quoted and they've made sure to show me a breakdown upfront before we do anything.

2014 - 2017
Another Dr in the practice was doing my transfer while Dr Blauer was out of town. It was very stressful for me to decide how many embryos to transfer. I was able to text him directly asking what he thought I should do. He told me that absolutely I should transfer just one. He said my chances of pregnancy wouldn't go up with two embryos just my chances of multiples. His goal is always a healthy baby and he thought that was best accomplished with one embryo. I followed his advice and have my healthy baby here and I believe if I had gotten pregnant with two that with complications that I had I would have lost them both.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great at looking at my situation and coming up with a plan specifically for me. He was wonderful in answering sensitive questions. At times he was so honest I would feel more worried but I appreciate not having things sugar coated.
Do you research and bring him your questions so you can feel as educated as you can in making decisions.
I always felt he was as invested as I was to bring home a baby. I was more than just a patient, I wanted to be a mom a we worked together towards that goal.
Always went above and beyond to help me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt like I spent a lot of time in the waiting room. The procedure were quick but I hated waiting and feeling anxious for my appointments. The staff was always wonderful! I felt like they cared and were rooting for me and excited to get my baby here. I thought the lady that would draw blood was wonderful which is really important when doing fertility treatments, you have a lot of blood taken! The anesthesiologist isn't the most friendly but I also think that being serious is a personality trait most anesthesiologists have- he was still good at his job. I wish the recovery rooms were more private. When I was told how many eggs they retrieved and then went on the other side of the curtain and told that patient that they retrieved three times as many as me I was crushed. I didn't want to over hear someone else's great number when I didn't have a good one.

2010 - 2017
Dr. Blauer was patient and very compassionate. He was willing to make adjustments to my protocols in order to optimize results. He would spend as much time with us as we needed when we had questions. He was always very positive and optimistic.... We did IVF with Dr. Blauer three times. My protocols were all different, but I don't remember exactly what we did during the three different cycles. But, he was always willing to try different things to help us get the best results.
2010 - 2017
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer would spend all the time we needed answering our questions. He's the only doctor we would see, so he always knew what happened at each of our appointments. He also always knew what had happened in previous cycles and was willing to try new things and change protocol in an attempt to get better results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette)
The nursing staff was really good at getting back to me and making sure my calls or emails were returned before they left for the day. They were great at making sure I knew of any changes to my protocol and making sure I understood all the reasons for the changes, etc. They are also very compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is run very well. Appointments are very efficient and wait times are low. The clinic decor is warm and welcoming. I had to bring my kid to an appointment or two and they were very good about accommodating us.
IVF with ICSI was around $9000,
Sandy

Dr Blauer made me feel very comfortable as a patient and well taken care of despite the discouragement of going into an infertility clinic. He always found a way to make me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.... Treatment strategies included cycle induction with progesterone, then follicular stimulation using femara and FSH injections. All is necessary due to the symptoms of PCOS i.e annovulation and irregular menstrual cycles. If a leading follicle was visible and the uterine lining was applicable, then an HCG trigger was then introduced to induce ovulation. After which we would plan an IUI procedure.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center?
I hear he loves cocoa bean cupcakes!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Blauer and his staff makes my experience at his office personal and made me feel important as I’m sure all his patients do! I never once felt like a “burden” to them and always received a response in a timely manner!
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha, Lisa and Chanise )
The nurses I have the privilege to work with are caring, compassionate and very quick to respond as this field is very time sensitive.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic had a very wonderful system in communicating with their patients! The one thing I always respected about the clinic was how they professionally would ask patients to leave their children at home as a courtesy to those coming in who don’t have that luxury.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center.
Not sure
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We were never pressured or advised against doing eSET. We were always offered the option.
Utah Fertility Center
Idaho Falls
2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Keith Blauer] is fairly conservative in that he hasn't tried to rush us into invitrofertiization even though I have had a uterine fibroid and we have male factor issues also...He has a very good bedside manner . He doesn't try to make you feel rushed during the visit. Gives all the options and gives hope that they could work. He performed the surgery for my uterine fibroids...Femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. The rational was that once the fibroid was removed we may be able to get pregnant. So far not successful.
2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a very good bedside manner . He doesn't try to make you feel rushed during the visit. Gives all the options and gives hope that they could work. He performed the surgery for my uterine fibroids. We were given hope that we would be able to get pregnant. He is fairly conservative in that he hasn't tried to rush us into invitrofertiization even though I have had a uterine fibroid and we have male factor issues also.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and have some prepared when you go.
He really took time to listen to us. At our first appointment a scheduling mistake was made. We live 3 hours away from the clinic, and instead of making us reschedule he did the consult through FaceTime at no charge.
Hysteroscopy to remove uterian fibroids and polyps. 3 you. Femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. The rational was that once the fibroid was removed we may be able to get pregnant. So far not successful.
Very nice and helpful, but sometimes hard to get a hold of by phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Sometimes scheduling can be an issue if from out of state. The billing team is good, but also make sure you know your own benefits.
$403 for interuterian insemination. Office visit is a specialist copay. We have done ivf but a program is offer for a four cycle money back guarantee costing around $20,000.

PCOS, Other
I was diagnosed with PCOS and a septate uterus [by Dr. Keith Blauer]. I had surgery & am waiting for the results. He has spoken to me multiple times since, and adjusted my medication accordingly...He was very genuine and understanding. He spoke to us in a hopeful, but honest manner. He gave us options and let us decide what we want to do...He is impressively knowledgeable and confident. He makes me feel comfortable and is understanding of our infertility struggles. He takes into consideration our current financial situation, has given us options, & let us decide which path to choose.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Tell him everything. The more he knows, the better he can help you.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and a septate uterus. I had surgery & am waiting for the results. He has spoken to me multiple times since, and adjusted my medication accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Heidi I think her name was..?)
She was SO thoughtful & asked how I was doing. She shared her own personal struggle with infertility which made me trust her & connect with her. She was so sweet and knew exactly what she was doing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have a great reputation. I’ve never waited more then ten minutes in the waiting room. I always get a call back when I leave a message. The office staff is efficient and knowledgeable. They explain things clearly and are sensitive to my situation.
Blood tests, medicine (Rx), surgery (anesthesia)
Sandy

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] was compassionate and did not make us feel judged by other health conditions we were not excited to share. He was very detailed in his approach and plan of treatment and was excited for us when we responded so well to fertility injections...He made us feel included and let our treatment be self driven...Be very detailed in your reproductive history so he knows how aggressive you want to be with treatment.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was compassionate and did not make us feel judged by other health conditions we were not excited to share. He was very detailed in his approach and plan of treatment and was excited for us when we responded so well to fertility injections and let us take videos of our first ultrasound where we heard our babies heartbeats.
He made us feel included and let our treatment be self driven
Clomid Letrozole Gonal f Fsh hormone Trigger Hcg shot Baseline ultrasound Iui Twin pregnancy
All the nurses were very helpful in teaching us all about our medications and the procedures we were doing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Very user friendly online portal that displays all of your diagnosis information and lab results online to help keep track. Reception staff very great at helping you determine which procedures to schedule and when. Nurse team very great at explaining details of treatment plan.
For everything atthe clinic we were billed about $3790 then we paid $600 on medications
Sandy

We loved having Keith Blauer as our doctor! He always listened to our concerns and our wishes! I believe he tried his best to get us what we were hoping for! He helped bring our little boy into the world and we are so grateful for him and his help!... I just had to start injections about 2 weeks before my egg retrieval. He was able to retrieve 6 eggs. 4 of those turned into embryos but only 2 matured. We put those two in and resulted in one live birth
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Just be open and honest with your how your feeling and communicate that with your doctor
He treated us very well and cared about our concerns and wishes
I don't remember what protocol we used I just had to start injections about 2 weeks before my egg retrieval. He was able to retrieve 6 eggs. 4 of those turned into embryos but only 2 matured. We put those two in and resulted in one live birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
She was always available to talk when I needed her to answer a question toward the end she even gave me her phone number so I could keep in contact more easily
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I really liked this clinic it was always really nice and clean and well kept! Everyone was always nice and friendly
The costs for my medications and injections was about $3,500 we had to ha icsi so that was another $1,500 and then for all the rest it was about $8,500
Sandy

We loved working with Dr Blauer and his nurses! He is very compassionate and knows what he is doing. Our one and only issue with him is he can be very soft spoken and hard to hear. But we were still able to communicate effectively despite this.... He took our feelings into consideration when giving us any news, good or bad and never pressured us into any type of treatment.... At times when Dr Blauer was unavailable and we saw a different doctor, they showed us the same amount of care and Dr Blauer
Listen and ask questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Janett Rossi)
Janette was amazing! She explained everything perfectly and we always felt like she cared about us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
We loved working With RRC. When you walk in you can just feel the compassion the whole staff has. They are very focused on families. At times when Dr Blauer was unavailable and we saw a different doctor, they showed us the same amount of care and Dr Blauer
The costs were high but compatible to other clinics we looked at.
Dr Blauer encouraged us to only transfer one embryo for the safety of myself and the baby. However we knew if we chose to transfer two he would not have made us feel negative about it. He truly cares about his patients

Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Keith Blauer] really was very kind and had good intentions. I only saw and got to talk to him once throughout the 4 months of treatments though. I did everything through the nursing staff and I wish it was the doctor himself that I would have spoke with when it came to test results etc.... Dr. Blauer himself was very nice and kind, but his staff did make me feel like a number. I was never called with test results, could hardly get a hold of the nursing staff and nothing from our test results were ever explained to us, and if they were, they weren’t explained for us to understand.
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center?
He really was very kind and had good intentions. I only saw and got to talk to him once throughout the 4 months of treatments though. I did everything through the nursing staff and I wish it was the doctor himself that I would have spoke with when it came to test results etc.
I could never get ahold of them when I needed to report my cycles for my medication refills or my iuis. Never would call with results and weren’t helpful when I had problems. The staff was nice, just not very helpful when going through treatments
Keith Blauer

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Blauer at Utah Fertility Center.

he [Dr. Keith Blauer] was very attentive and listened to my concerns. my issues came after i left his office. I came back for testing and never saw him beyond the initial consult. it was like once I left that consult I didn't exist anymore.... my initial experience was good. However everything that followed was like pulling teeth, trying to get calls back about studies they [RRC] said i might qualify for, or what my guarenteed refund cost might be took over 4 months.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
he was very attentive and listened to my concerns. my issues came after i left his office. I came back for testing and never saw him beyond the initial consult. it was like once I left that consult I didn't exist anymore..
At first they were very responsive... but then I couldn't get anyone on the phone and had to resort to sending an email through the website to get an answer
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
more expensive than other clinics. they do offer nice giveaways on facebook to patients. my initial experience was good. However everything that followed was like pulling teeth, trying to get calls back about studies they said i might qualify for, or what my guarenteed refund cost might be took over 4 months.
my insurance covered all initial testing,

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Blauer] was a very open and honest Dr. With every question I had he answered truthful and to the best of his knowledge even if he knew it wasn't an answer I wanted to hear he didn't hide behind the question. I wanted to try more iuis but he was truthful and said I could try one but why waste the money when I could go straight to ivf to get the best results I wanted.... Everytime I have met with him he remembers your case and knows you by name instead of just a number.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was a very open and honest Dr. With every question I had he answered truthful and to the best of his knowledge even if he knew it wasn't an answer I wanted to hear he didn't hide behind the question. I wanted to try more iuis but he was truthful and said I could try one but why waste the money when I could go straight to ivf to get the best results I wanted.
Be honest and truthful with him tell him everything you remember or know. Trust in yourself that he will help, don't hesitate to ask the tough questions or the questions you don't want to hear the wrong answers to.
He was open and honest with every question I threw at him. He didn't hesitate to answer he was truthful in every way and that was important to me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It's hard when I live in Idaho falls and they are from Utah so I can only see him a certain week of the month, Idaho falls needs a clinic here that the doctor can stay at so we can meet more frequently. I will say Everytime I have met with him he remembers your case and knows you by name instead of just a number.
It was going to cost more than I had and more than I could come up with. With have been saving to receive treatment

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Blauer is great. During my stimming he was able to work with my work schedule to make sure I didn’t miss too much time. He listened to my concerns and made sure my questions were answered.... You can tell that he loves and enjoys what he does. He was always sympathetic towards my situation and was able to adjust care when unexpected things happened. He often will think out loud, which as an RN I appreciate because I can hear his thought process and understand why he is doing certain things.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Think of all your questions before you come to your visit and write them down! This is a mind boggling process!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is in a great location, it is clean and the front desk staff are nice. I rarely had more than a 30 minute wait and the nursing staff always apologized for running behind. I do usually bring a book just Incase the wait is longer.
My insurance covered a majority of the cost. However any remanded was billed to me with and option to pay online
Sandy

Dr [Blauer] is very noligable and makes you feel comfortable. I never question if he is doing to right thing or treatment. He is very Thorough and organized with his notes which has seemed to help and is willing to help any way he can... Dr and nursing staff is awesome and made me feel like a human. The billing department however made me feel lower than a number... Billing department is difficult to work with and not companionate they don’t go over or beyond.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr is very noligable and makes you feel comfortable. I never question if he is doing to right thing or treatment. He is very Thorough and organized with his notes which has seemed to help and is willing to help any way he can
To be honest with him about how your feeling
Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Nursing staff is amazing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Billing department is difficult to work with and not companionate they don’t go over or beyond. I would of hoped they would of wanted to help with insurance more. It takes you getting mad to even get anywhere with them. Admin didn’t seem to care much either.

2013
Dr Blauer was kind and sensitive. He listened and heard my concerns. He suggested a course of treatment. I expressed my hesitations and asked to take another course. He let me know all of the facts but respected my decision.... We monitored my ovulation cycles, used Clyomid, and got pregnant with twins. However, twins run in my family already.
2013
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Express any concerns or questions, he will listen and alleviate them.
He respected my wishes even though it wasn’t his recommendation
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic has annual parties for their patients and keeps in touch with them. They make you feel like family. The doctors and nurses are all friendly and compassionate. We love REproductive Care Center
My insurance covered most or all of it