Medical SchoolWash U. St. Louis
ResidencyNaval Hospital
FellowshipNIH / Walter Reed
1500 W 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Keith Hansen to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2017 - 2019
[Dr. Keith Hansen] is always very attentive and really takes the time to explain the process...I liked that he was honest and provided all the details. It was easy to set up an appointment with him, the wait times were short and overall I felt like he is very knowledgeable and is an expert in his field. He also performed a D&C after my loss, he was very companionate and I had no complications. I would definitely recommend him, he is easy to talk to, easy to ask questions from and look for guidance from.
The downside [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] would be – there is no other RE clinic in the area unless you want to travel few hours, I feel that due to lack of competition they don’t run “specials”, participate in clinical studies or quickly pick up new techniques and procedures such as invocell...Front desk coordinator is exceptional. The Nursing team is great, they returned all my phone calls promptly and were very caring, organized and knowledgeable. The CNP I worked with was wonderful! The whole team always made me feel that they really want for us to succeed.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hansen is always friendly and cheerful. He really goes into the details, if you don’t want to hear in details on all side effects or potential issues, you will need to let him know. I liked that he was honest and provided all the details. It was easy to set up an appointment with him, the wait times were short and overall I felt like he is very knowledgeable and is an expert in his field. He also performed a D&C after my loss, he was very companionate and I had no complications. I would definitely recommend him, he is easy to talk to, easy to ask questions from and look for guidance from.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions if you don’t feel comfortable with the plan. He will answer them all and make changes to the plan as needed to make sure you agree with it completely. He is very open to suggestions, questions and concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. is always very attentive and really takes the time to explain the process.
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on letrozole through an OB while I began to see Dr. Hansen. The original plan was to do diagnostic testing, such as US, HSG, blood work to determine ovarian reserve and rule out PCOS. Once my letrozole 3-month plan finished, I was put on Chlomid with an injectable trigger shot, followed by IUI. I did three cycles, with one resulting in pregnancy that ended at 10 weeks and resulted in a D&C. The current plan is to start the IVF process over the next couple of months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie, CNP, Amy, Holly)
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Convenient location within a large hospital with easy access to pharmacy, OR and so on, great staff with a lot of experience. The upside is that the team really do know their stuff and are good at what they do. The downside would be – there is no other RE clinic in the area unless you want to travel few hours, I feel that due to lack of competition they don’t run “specials”, participate in clinical studies or quickly pick up new techniques and procedures such as invocell.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
So far with all the testing - about $3500 out of pocket, as many were not covered by insurance, such as SHG. IUIs - 3 months about $8000 out of pocket. D&C - after insutrance $2000 out of pocket. IVF has been quoted at 20-30K.
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The Dr. informed me that they do one embryo transfer at a time if under 35, unless there are special circumstances, such as low embryo quality or a condition that reduces implantation rate. Older than 35 the transfer qty could change depending on the circumstances.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Hansen went through every scenario and option for our particular case. Showed us the outcomes of studies that are for our similar situation. He didn't push us into doing anything we didn't want to. He gave us our best outcomes and we could decide how we wanted to proceed....We have male factor infertility with low morphology. He was put on a fertility blend to see if that would help my husbands analysis and we rechecked in 8 weeks. It did not improve and IVF is our best option, so we are moving forward with IVF.
A strength is how quick they [Sanford Fertility & Repro Med] are to respond to any questions I ask, whether that's when I call them or message them through My Chart. The My Chart app is very easy to message them through, also the app has test results and appointment reminders. Looking online you can read your consultations with the nurses and doctors which is nice to look back on to see what was discussed.
Have questions ready for the consultation, he will gladly answer every question. If possible do a semen analysis or lab work that can be done before the consultation in order to figure out what the best plan is to go forward.
Answered all of my questions and concerns. Very kind and nice along with his staff.
We have male factor infertility with low morphology. He was put on a fertility blend to see if that would help my husbands analysis and we rechecked in 8 weeks. It did not improve and IVF is our best option, so we are moving forward with IVF. We did try an IUI between the 8 weeks which was our choice to do so. We did 50mg of clomid with Ovidrel trigger shot. Everything went fine but our chances with IUI were only 2% which Dr. Hansen went over during our consultation so we were fully aware of our chances. We did the IUI for our own peace of mind.
Very quick to answer any questions I have. Very kind and helpful and easy to reach out to.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
A strength is how quick they are to respond to any questions I ask, whether that's when I call them or message them through My Chart. The My Chart app is very easy to message them through, also the app has test results and appointment reminders. Looking online you can read your consultations with the nurses and doctors which is nice to look back on to see what was discussed. They help set your account up the first consultation which is nice. They are good about telling you how long it will approximately take for appointment and what could possibly be done that day. Going forward with treatment they did lay out an approximate timeline for us which is helpful for work. They are open early in the morning which is nice for people with full time jobs. They have been on time for appointments and easy to work with.
Typical pricing for treatments. Around 20k for IVF; 20-30k IVF with pgd testing, IUI ranges from 600-3000.
Dr. Hansen's approach is single embro transfer especially in women under the age of 35. His goal is a single live birth. But does depend on the patients situation and outcomes of the IVF process.

PCOS, Unexplained
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles [on cycle with Dr. Hansen]. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo...Very knowledgeable. Talked us through everything and made sure we understood what was happening. Would explain what the next steps were and made sure all of our questions were answered... He likes to lighten the mood and sometimes laughing can help with the nerves and a stressful situation.
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles [on my cycle with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo...The nursing staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so kind and caring...The clinic was clean and inviting. The staff was always very friendly. They called you by your first name and really build a relationship with you. The staff that we met with were all very knowledgeable and were willing to help with whatever we needed. The lab and clinic office were very close as well as the pharmacy so it was very convenient.
PCOS, Unexplained
Very knowledgeable. Talked us through everything and made sure we understood what was happening. Would explain what the next steps were and made sure all of our questions were answered. He really cared about us. We were treated compassionately and not like another couple they were trying to just push through. This is a very difficult and delicate process to go through and they made it as enjoyable as possible. I always felt safe and comfortable in their care.
I would say to be ready to laugh. He likes to lighten the mood and sometimes laughing can help with the nerves and a stressful situation.
Every question was answered in detail. Never felt rushed. They really gave us their undivided attention.
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo. On day 6 we had 4 embryos to freeze. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We started birth control the next cycle and are currently in the two week wait after transferring 2 frozen embryos. I am taking estrogen and progesterone shots.
The nursing staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so kind and caring. They would respond so quickly to any questions I had. They were also such a big help with the medications. They told me exactly what to do and made it so easy! It can be very scary getting that box and they explained everything perfectly with detail.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance does not pay for anything. We have to cover everything out of pocket. I think the only thing I picked up for this whole process that was covered was my birth control pill I had to take to start each cycle.
1 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I really liked Dr Hansen and enjoyed seeing him. He takes his time and answers questions. He is very knowledgeable. My biggest complaint is you rarely see the doctors at this clinic, you usually see the mid levels who are very nice and also do a good job.... The first cycle was long Lupron cycle which was a complete bust. I had one egg retrieved with was found to be abnormal with pGS testing. They felt that the birth control prior to starting meds may have contributed to the outcome. My second cycle was a antagonist with growth hormone. Although it I did not respond well to this either we did have 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized with icsi. We were very anxious that only one of those eggs tested normal but we were able to proceed with transfer
The care and treatment areas are top notch [at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Med]. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
1 IUI, IVF
Be prepared for you appointments. Do your research, and ask questions about your treatment plan.
Very kind and caring, spent time with us and answered our questions
The first cycle was long Lupron cycle which was a complete bust. I had one egg retrieved with was found to be abnormal with pGS testing. They felt that the birth control prior to starting meds may have contributed to the outcome. My second cycle was a antagonist with growth hormone. Although it I did not respond well to this either we did have 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized with icsi. We were very anxious that only one of those eggs tested normal but we were able to proceed with transfer! We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have had a successful transfer, a healthy pregnancy and a perfect baby boy!
Excellent nursing staff!! Very prompt in answering my questions and calling with results.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The care and treatment areas are top notch. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
Majority of services were self pay
Prior to starting the process the clinic was pretty clear that they encourage single embryo transfer
+ Read more- Read less

We did 4 rounds of IUI [with Dr. Keith Hansen]. The first, we took no medication. The following, my wife took Chlomid and then also a trigger shot. By rounds 3-4 we were still doing chlomid but changed to a double trigger as one of the cycles resulted in early ovulation and a delayed period by about 2 weeks... Dr. Hansen was empathetic and even made us laugh to ease the tension.
The front desk lady [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med], Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
When we started fertility treatments, we did not know what to expect and unfortunately found that there were many surprises along the way that were not described to us. When we are investing a lot of time and money, we expected nothing but the best. I will say though that since we are starting IVF treatments, we have had a much more positive experience so far (we are in the early stages of this process. Dr. Hansen was empathetic and even made us laugh to ease the tension.
Make sure you are prepared with questions and do not be afraid to ask them and push for answers.
Sometimes we felt as if they were trying to boost their success rate and not so much caring for each individual. We have found over time, this has gotten better and they are more empathetic.
We did 4 rounds of IUI. The first, we took no medication. The following, my wife took Chlomid and then also a trigger shot. By rounds 3-4 we were still doing chlomid but changed to a double trigger as one of the cycles resulted in early ovulation and a delayed period by about 2 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I can say without hesitation that we had nurses we preferred over others. The ones we enjoyed had been funny, emphathetic and just plain awesome!
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk lady, Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
Our insurance does not cover any portion of this so it was all out of pocket. We paid for several tests, medications and the actual procedure. I would say each round of IUI cost is around 3-4K with our first round of IVF being around 20k.
We are gearing up for IUI and plan to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Hansen] was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures....We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI....
I would send anybody to this clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med]. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person....They were always comforting and compassionate. Made sure all of our questions were answered every visit and comfortable with the treatment.... They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures. We had already been through a lot before going to Dr. Hansen and felt like he was the right choice for us.
Dr. Hansen truly cares for each patient.
All the staff were very warm and comforting. They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI. We also switched to Clomid when starting the IUI cycles. After that resulted in no pregnancy after a couple cycles we agreed that it was best to do a diagnostic laparoscopy in which they found endometriosis. After my body healed we went back to IUI with no pregnancy after a couple more cycles they recommended moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Schmidt)
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I would send anybody to this clinic. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person.
I thought the costs were reasonable. Our insurance did not cover a lot but I knew that going into treatment. I thought the price of IUI was fair.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Keith Hansen] was direct and easy to understand. He was also motivated toward success. But he didn't listen to what we wanted and he refused to dig deeper and seek a solution that didn't include IVF. In Sioux Falls you can't get IUI anywhere else ananywhere else and it felt like he knew he had the power to dictate our treatment plan.... He wouldn't sign off on a medicated cycle or IUI. He wouldn't let us try anything except IVF, even though our test results are very controversial as to their conclusivness. We also told him we aren't comfortable with IVF and ignored that.
It's [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.... We were upfront about not wanting IVF and I mentioned if we were ever to change our mind I wouldn't want to have excess embryos on hand or have a quad pregnancy. He very matter of factly stated to make the procedure cost effective for couples like us, large egg retrevials and multiple embryo transfers were necessary to avoid the cost of multiple procedures and to increase success rates. He didn't care about our comfort or morality, just cost.
He was direct and easy to understand. He was also motivated toward success. But he didn't listen to what we wanted and he refused to dig deeper and seek a solution that didn't include IVF. In Sioux Falls you can't get IUI anywhere else ananywhere else and it felt like he knew he had the power to dictate our treatment plan.
If you have limits see Van Wold instead. Always plan for IVF to be a part of his plan of action.
We were very upfront about our limits and what were wanted to avoid. He pushed right through those. He was only willing to try IVF, he had no other suggestions or options for us. He wouldn't consider and alternate route.
We didn't get to move forward with treatment. He wouldn't sign off on a medicated cycle or IUI. He wouldn't let us try anything except IVF, even though our test results are very controversial as to their conclusivness. We also told him we aren't comfortable with IVF and ignored that.
They were kind and efficient.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It's the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.
I don't remember. A couple hundred dollars I think. Billing was pretty easy, the sperm analysis billing was weird. If you paid right away you got a huge discount but I didn't pay Sanford, it was a 3rd party.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I loved how honest Dr. HANSEN was. He took time to explain what was and going to happen. Even if he didn't know an answer he tried to find an answer. He made me safe and with 3 surgeries done with him not including the fallopian test and multiple ultrasounds. He always stayed up beat and positive which kept my spirits up.... We did a lower dose IVF with one ovary and PCOs he did not want to over stimulate. No birth control was used. It yeilded 7 eggs. 5 embroyos, 2 transferred and the remaining died before freezing. It was a negative pregnancy test.
The clinic [Sanford Fertility] is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.... We paid for 1 round of IVF with ICSI, all of the testing, monitoring, and medication and it was around $23,000.... I got frustrated that I had to keep correcting my protocol with them or the fact that I only have 1 ovary.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
It's ok to ask questions. He will answer them and make sure you are comfortable.
He took time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions without it seeming like a chore.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.
They would at most transfer 2 for my age.

2012 - 2017
He [Dr. Keith Hansen] is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way...We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route.
They [Sanford - Sioux Falls] are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule...15,000-18,000 with medications included in that...[Nurses] Friendly. Super easy to ask questions and always responsive. Didn't make you feel out of place. Made you feel like you were right at home and so passionate!! 😄 Cared about how doing and YOU
2012 - 2017
He is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way
He is great!! You will feel right at home!
Very friendly, talks real but not over your head. Gives the perfect amount of info! Makes you welcomed
We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route. We did shots along with IVF. We conceived on first round!
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule.
15,000-18,000 with medications included in that.
He told us it was our choice. Due to age and our history. Unexplained infertility, he seemed like 2 was a good options for us. He doesn't recommend over 2

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hansen would sit and talk to us for hours and answering all our questions we had. He treated us like we were family...Dr Hansen is very sympathetic person. He wants the best results for every single patient of his. He would explain things to us in ways we could understand. He also has a way of making us relax in a stressful process...I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I produce a lot of eggs. he had me on a protocol to produce less eggs but of higher quality. Instead of a ton of eggs at Ok-ish quality.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits [at Sanford]-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800...They [nurses at Sanford] are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people...They have expanded they're clinic to help accommodate the rising infertility issues. More staff, more rooms, ect
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Ask questions, he will sit for hours until you have no more questions. He will never make you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to be somewhere else.
They are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800
dr. Hansen, my husband and I all decided together to do 1 embryo transfers based on the high quality embryo and genetically tested normal to help reduce multiples or miscarriages.

2013 - 2017
Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable, and definitely has a lot of experience. Overall, I think he is good at what he does. But he didn't seem to want to think outside the box for our situation. To a certain extent, I think he was trying to protect us financially, but we wanted a child more than anything and were willing to pay for it.... After a retrieval, I wished he would have come talk to me (and not just my husband) to let me know how it had gone.
This [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
2013 - 2017
Be ready for the rollercoaster that is ART.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Keith Hansen] was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
They [the nursing staff at Sanford] were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me... My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. ... I used menopur, hcg, gonal f, and centricide. I didn't end up pregnant but my body responded well to the meds and had16 eggs retrieved.
He was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
Don't give up
He was easy to talk to and took the time to make sure we fully understood everything. He was gentle with his responses, upfront and honest.
The were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me
My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. My first one was October 2016 and was unsuccessful. My next will be June 2017

2013 - 2015
He has compassion. He does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest.
No one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans...they want to get in and get out to finish their day.
2013 - 2015
he has compassion. he does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest. But then he gets to charge you another consult when you are "finished" with that phase of treatments- like we did IUI then after that didn't work we have to pay 600 dollars for another consult to discuss IVF (which we had initially discussed ivf after iui if it didn't work).
overall we had a good experience, but we are still in the process and going to be starting ivf- at another facility since their numbers are not good.
I barely was seen by Dr. HAnsen himself. mostly seen by his nurse practitioners. I felt as though they made me feel less like a number than a human- but they are still a doctors office and this is routine for them- they want to get in and get out to finish their day. the nurses at the office were less warm and fuzzy, and the secretaries (better now) but in 2013 when we started the treatment, they were not helpful and very grumpy.
nothing really- no one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans.

2011 - 2012
Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him....I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality....We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect....
Excellent nursing staff [at Sanford]! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things...Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures....Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him.
2011 - 2012
Know what you are getting into, do research, talk about treatment with other people who have gone through it. All of that will help when meeting with the doctor.
We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect.
I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality. I took Menopur and Bravelle at highest dosages. Dr. Hansen retrieved 10 eggs, two were fractured and not usable for IVF. He used ICSI to inseminate 8 eggs. Two high quality, 5 day embryos were transferred. One implanted. None of the other embryos were of good enough quality to freeze.
Excellent nursing staff! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things.
Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Hansen] was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed...Carefully explained everything with us. didn't treat us like just another patient....Just basic Ivf procedures. Medications didnt get adjusted. My body was doing what it was suppose to.
The clinics [Sanford] strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends...nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
He was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed.
Just ask questions, they will answer them.
nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends.
Normal cost,

2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Great doctor. Never too busy to take the time to explain and answer questions. Highly recommend him. Has gotten me pregnant twice with dx of DOR-and with 2 morulas!
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!
2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!