Medical SchoolMed Col of Georgia
ResidencyOchsner Clin
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
2014 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Keith Isaacson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brigham & Women's Hospital to a friend?
I did not receive an infertility diagnosis that was complex in any way -- Dr. Isaacson told me that likely I was just not ovulating. As a result, my treatment was simple (prescribed Clomid) and as I got pregnant after the second cycle, I only ever saw Dr. Isaacson once during the initial visit. I saw the nurse practitioner much more frequently (and I will say I very much liked her). So unless you have some more complex things going on and require more advanced treatment, don't expect to interface with Dr. Isaacson that much.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Isaacson seems like a very straight shooter and very experienced in the fertility world. I get the sense he has seen a great array of patients and has gained some wisdom re: what is the best course of action per each patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I felt like a human in that during the initial visit, each person on the doctor's team, including himself, was very polite with me, reassuring, thoroughly explained the medications and procedures. Simultaneously, I felt like a number in that the intake nurse really didn't care to know about my prior acupuncture treatment or lifestyle changes. The clinic also, although being a well-oiled and perhaps efficient machine, divvies up so many parts of the process that in the initial intake appointment, you end up seeing 5 individual professionals, making you feel like you are in a factory. As time went on and I visited the office more frequently, I will say the nurses and staff were incredibly personable. My 8-week pregnancy ultrasound was an incredibly warm-feeling experience, with the ultrasound tech, nurse practitioner, and a medical student very attentive and invested. When we discovered a second baby in the ultrasound, I asked if they could bring in my mother-in-law and son from the waiting room, and they happily obliged.
Describe the protocols Keith Isaacson used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I was prescribed Clomid with a plan of trying it for 4 cycles given my previous successful (naturally conceived) pregnancy, age, symptoms etc. I very much appreciated the practice's respect for my limited insurance coverage, and that also informed our course of action -- not starting out with too many potentially unnecessary procedures, but being willing to do those if time proved it necessary. One of the procedures we were going to wait on was the HSG procedure that makes sure there is no tubal blockage. I ended up requesting this procedure after the first round of Clomid failed just for my own peace of mind, even though the clinic did not urge me to have this done early on. They performed the procedure at my request, and my tubes showed to be open. There is anecdotal evidence that the procedure can sometimes prove to be therapeutic and the fluid pushing through the tubes may open small blockages. I don't know for sure whether or not this was the case for me, or if I just needed to try Clomid for one more cycle, but I got pregnant with twins after taking my second round of Clomid. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have been discharged from the clinic to my regular OBGYN. I will say that twins do not run in my family, and I am positive the Clomid stimulated my ovaries such that they produced two eggs. I am incredibly excited to have twins, although people who are wary of twins for either financial or physical reasons should know that Clomid does slightly increase your chances of conceiving multiples. On Clomid, I had painful cramps and bloating during ovulation, and I took this as a sign that it affected me perhaps more than most people, overstimulating my ovaries. Again, my outcome was an incredibly happy one for my family -- but I realize multiples might not be ideal for everyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: NP Jennie Mastroianni)
I really loved the nurse practitioner, Jennie. She, along with the friendly, sweet nurses who always made sure to give my son (who accompanied me to many blood draws) plentiful stickers and attention, made my experience at the clinic very warm.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Overall, I can attest that this clinic does a fabulous job at fast-tracking your route to pregnancy, customizing the strategy to you and your individual circumstances, physically and financially.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance covered the majority of our care costs. Probably my biggest expense was my copayment for the HSG procedure, which I requested out of personal interest v. recommendation.
2003 - 2013
4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Keith [Isaacson] was always there for me. I never felt rushed talking to him. He always took my concerns seriously. When I asked him to do my transfers, he always said yes, instead of farming me out to another doc. When I had to be hospitalized during a pregnancy, he met me at the hospital in the middle of the night and personally did an ultrasound, and stayed with me. He was and is amazing.
2003 - 2013
4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He is a great listener, a great communicator. He is VERY gentle. I spent many years getting to know Keith--and always felt he was my advocate. I have three daughters BECAUSE of him. And, I continued to see him after I had children--he even performed my recent hysterectomy. I am sad to say I have no more reasons right now to be his patient!
Do whatever you can to get yourself to Keith first. From what I have experienced with other docs at other fertility clinics, it is far more of a factory approach. NOT with Keith.
Keith was always there for me. I never felt rushed talking to him. He always took my concerns seriously. When I asked him to do my transfers, he always said yes, instead of farming me out to another doc. When I had to be hospitalized during a pregnancy, he met me at the hospital in the middle of the night and personally did an ultrasound, and stayed with me. He was and is amazing.
I had four IVFs--each one with more add ons. I won't remember all of the specifics as the last one was 13 years ago--and I am sure there are more sophisticated protocols now. I definitely did Lupron shots--plus whatever else. Progesterone injections post transfer. I know he did IXCI (I may be misspelling this) and assisted hatch as well on the fourth (successful) cycle
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
When I first started with Keith, he was at MGH. By the time I was doing IVF with Keith, he had moved to Newton Wellesley Hospital. At one point, he was doing IVF retrieval/transfer at Boston IVF. He has a minimally invasive surgical suite at NWH--not sure if he does all transfers there today or if he still has a Boston IVF affiliation.
Thankfully, Massachusetts insurance pays for infertility treatment. I know the total costs for my care were extraordinary--but have blocked out the dollar figure!
2009 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Keith Isaacson was exceptional from the start. He was knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and thoughtful. He established the protocols and adjusted them in an impressive way and well above my experience with previous providers. His care was superb...My cycles were largely covered by my insurance thanks to a successful appeal done by Dr. Isaacson and his team...After spending 22 cycles and two years trying to get pregnant the first time, it was a wonderful experience with both him and his team
2009 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at IVF New England?
Dr. Keith Isaacson was exceptional from the start. He was knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and thoughtful. He established the protocols and adjusted them in an impressive way and well above my experience with previous providers. His care was superb. I have and would recommend him --- I will be forever grateful at the miracle he allowed to happen in my life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at IVF New England?
Find where he works and try to be under his care. I have the utmost respect for him and his skills.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at IVF New England?
Dr. Isaacson was warm, kind and straightforward. He listened well and set up a plan that quickly led to my second pregnancy and live birth of a healthy child. After spending 22 cycles and two years trying to get pregnant the first time, it was a wonderful experience with both him and his team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
The nursing staff and my care coordinator were available, good teachers, thorough and organized in setting up and following through on all the protocols and guiding me through them.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
RSC Lexington no longer exists independently. It was a busy place yet gave good individual attention. I was sorry to see that it had merged with a larger organization.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at IVF New England.
My cycles were largely covered by my insurance thanks to a successful appeal done by Dr. Isaacson and his team. My primary costs were for donor sperm and its storage.
IVF New England
Lexington
2011 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr Issacson and his staff were wonderful. After surgeries I was able to have a baby through IVF. Then three years later had another baby on our own. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful doctor for women with Asherman's Syndrome.
2011 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr issacson and his staff were wonderful. After surgeries I was able to have a baby through IVF. Then three years later had another baby on our own. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful doctor for women with Ashermans Syndrome