Tufts Medical Center

Providence
101 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
401-274-1100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kelly Pagidas to a friend?
None, Other
Doctor Pagidas was thoughtful in all her interactions. She took the time to answer any and all concerns, and always appeared vested in our goal of having children. I would recommend her to anyone and believe she is large in part the reason we have our twin boys and are now pregnant...She is dedicated to your treatment and is very honest and candid about doing what is best for you.
None, Other
How was your experience with Kelly Pagidas at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kelly Pagidas at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
That she is thoughtful and cares about you. She is dedicated to your treatment and is very honest and candid about doing what is best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kelly Pagidas at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
She is extremely kind and thoughtful. She has an incredible bedside manner that assures you she is there to help make your dreams a reality.
Describe the protocols Kelly Pagidas used in your cycles at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare and their degree of success.
Doctor Archer got me ready for my IVF, medication protocol. Doctor Pagidas got me ready for my frozen embryo transfer. I had to have the initial ultrasound, trial sonohystergram, begin estrogen, another ultrasound to be sure my lining was good, and then began PIO. Had an ultrasound the morning of transfer and the transfer was in turn completed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare. (Assigned nurse: Brianna )
Brianna is simply amazing and makes Doctor Pagidas look good. She is a undergone infertility and her approach indicates her compassion towards her patients. She answers any and all questions and is always timely in her response. She feels like a friend.
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Trying to reach others within the clinic is difficult, and has been as Brianna has been on maternity leave. I wish the clinic would have trained someone to take over her place but I cannot get calls back. So long as Brianna there things are great, but not having her really makes it difficult.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kelly Pagidas at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
The costs were more affordable than other clinics in the Louisville, KY area. I thought the FET transfer costs seemed high but thankfully we had some insurance coverage for this.
What specific things went wrong at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
University of Louisville Women's Healthcare
Louisville
2013 - 2014
We have a male factor. We used ICSI in all rounds [with Dr. Pagidas]. Our rounds were very similar because egg collection was good both times...Dr. Pegidas was an amazing doctor filled with knowledge but also realistic. She did not give false hope but was honest about chances and outcomes. She was "real." She was warm and had a good bed side manner but didn't gush or go on and on about details. She had a timer for each appointment but that let me know she was conscious of her time, my time and other patients time.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Kelly Pagidas at Women & Infants Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kelly Pagidas at Women & Infants Hospital?
She was very personable and went out of her way many times to accommodate us and our schedule. She even arrived early (on her birthday) to conduct an ultrasound.
Describe the protocols Kelly Pagidas used in your cycles at Women & Infants Hospital and their degree of success.
We have a male factor. We used ICSI in all rounds. Our rounds were very similar because egg collection was good both times. No birth control Lupron Gonal F - 200 - never adjusted Ovidrel trigger Suppositories and PIO depending on frozen vs. fresh Both rounds were almost identical - 14-15 eggs collected - 12 mature - 10 fertilized
Most of the staff was very nice and personable but never overstepped their boundaries by asking questions or making comments. This was much appreciated as they never know why you are visiting (such as first visit, follow up to failure, miscarriage etc)
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
VERY CLEAN and NEW - it was a pleasure to sit in the waiting room. Wait times usually are not that bad. There was one nurse on staff who was cold and showed little emotions - after dealing with her several times, I realized it was just her personality. She was good at what she was supposed to do. So I usually just prayed I wouldn't get her for appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kelly Pagidas at Women & Infants Hospital.
Procedures (not including medications) - $17,000-$17,500 for ICSI IVF - no testing of embryos Embryo testing would have run another $5,000
Describe Kelly Pagidas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women & Infants Hospital.
Because we had only a few good looking embryos we did 3 day transfers. She was ok with us transferring 2 embryos in fresh and frozen. She actually approved our request to implant 3 (3 day embryos) on our last fresh which resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
Women & Infants Hospital
Providence
I felt that Dr. Pagidas was a good doctor but I felt that due to the resident and fellow involvement, there was a lot of mixed information being provided. Her bedside manner was great and she was very friendly... I first did a medicated cycle with clomid and when it came time to do the trigger shot they did insemination the same day. It is my understanding that a minimum of 24 hrs should pass. I then did two unmedicated IUI cycles and the same issue occurred. Lack of involvement and assistance other than wanting to get us in and out.
I felt that Dr. Pagidas was a good doctor but I felt that due to the resident and fellow involvement, there was a lot of mixed information being provided. Her bedside manner was great and she was very friendly but I would not recommend her to a friend because at the end of the day, I don’t think she provided quality care
Be firm and require responses to your questions. Don’t let them just blow you off or shrug off concerns that you have about your care
Things were not explained to me. Responses to questions were not consistent with that is in the literature or other people’s experiences
Nursing was very nice, however I again felt like my questions and concerns were disregarded or not important. Communication was also lacking with respect to care from nursing
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
The clinic was able to get us in quickly and scheduling was for the most part pretty easy. Clinic was clean and equipment was adequate. The clinic has multiple locations which can be a blessing or a curse depending on your preference
The costs were not horrible, I think a cycle was $500 and then testing and semen charges
What specific things went wrong at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
University of Louisville Women's Healthcare