Medical SchoolTexas A&M
713-796-1434
251 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
281-554-5111
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kemi Nurudeen to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 80%Don't recommend: 20%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
PCOS, Unexplained
[Dr. Kemi Nurudeen is] great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust...has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions...Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great! She listens, remembers me, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s knowledgeable so come with questions if you have any. She’s be happy to explain them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust.
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
You’ll start off with paperwork of your history, discuss your history with the doctor, blood work, check egg size, get prescribed medicine to start period, get a period, check egg size, blood work, when they are a few in a good size you’ll take a trigger shot then timed sex or iui. Later you’ll go in for blood work & that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon. As a pair of teachers we are looking for affordable options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
The staff was great! They were familiar faces. They looked out for me when one nurse noticed I was looking pale she looked after me which was caring and checked up on me throughout the appointment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice. You’ll need your id and insurance card and knowledge of your past history. It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit like I did in Frisco, Texas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
$800 timed pregnancy with a $100 shot & office visits.
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I’d like multiple embryo but I know we have to sign something about the increase in multiples not being a good thing for women and doctors etc etc.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
There was no "sugar-coating" things and Dr. Nurudeen spoke to me as a patient and not another doctor when using medical terms. Step-by-step processes were given so I wasn't waiting to see what was next in the process....she told us the risks and benefits of a singleton vs multiples but told me I would be fine carrying either. She was opposed to putting in more than 2 embryos... Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable...
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The best, hands down. Wouldn't let any of my friends go anywhere else. Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. All the staff included. Biggest plus is having a clinic in Webster since I live in League City.
Don't worry, you're in good hands.
All staff was very friendly and addressed you as if you were family. They tried to remember (and were successful) on what we were up to in our personal lives. There was no "sugar-coating" things and Dr. Nurudeen spoke to me as a patient and not another doctor when using medical terms. Step-by-step processes were given so I wasn't waiting to see what was next in the process.
I do not remember the names of the medications and the step by step process is a bit blurry but I can do my best: Had a consult including my ultrasound and notice my follicles not fully developing to ovulate, had my husband do a sperm sample as well. Results came back which called for IVF for best chance of pregnancy. Histerscopy (spelling), shots in the belly to develop follicles, egg retrieval, progesterone shots for ~12 weeks in the hip with the embryo placement within the 12 weeks.
Welcoming, compassionate and knowledgeable .
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
No weaknesses in my book. Location was perfect for getting the league city area patients. Clean and updated and seemed to have all the tools they needed. Wish they had the ability to do procedures there but with the few times I needed them it was okay having to drive into Houston, just prefer not to.
Mostly OOP. Insurance did cover a substantial amount of cost for medication.
Webster
She [Dr. Nurudeen] sat down with us and explained everything, answering any and all questions and concerns without rushing us. She was kind and had such a pleasant demeanor. She was realistic yet optimistic...Everything about her was amazing. Her knowledge, her attention to detail, her timeliness in going over results, her demeanor towards us, and her general attitude. She has an amazing bedside manner and really makes you feel like she genuinely wants to see you successful.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be open with her. Even about little things. She cares and will take care of anything. I had an issue with how information was relayed to me by a nurse and she ensured it wouldn’t happen again and she was right.
She sat down with us and explained everything, answering any and all questions and concerns without rushing us. She was kind and had such a pleasant demeanor. She was realistic yet optimistic.
This was supposed to be an IUI cycle that I first underresponded to, and then over responded. She gave us the option of cancelling the IUI, or going for IVF. We chose the latter after a phone consult with her.
I had my monitoring appts in the sugar land location, and it was often a hit or miss. One thing I will say is they were very diligent in responding to messages.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are very organized. Everything you need is in the portal, and they are great at communication. The appts are very quick and I was able to get my monitoring done during my planning period at school.
I think we paid around 25k total including meds, egg retrieval, and both our FETs.
For our first transfer, she recommends single. Since that resulted in a CP, she allowed us to make a decision on transferring 2. She was supportive, but ensured she went over possible complications.
Houston - Mem Hermann
I found her [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] to be knowledgable and intelligent. She was friendly and warm. When we experienced a loss, she was compassionate and understanding. I wish i had seen her personally more often, but felt confident in how she managed my care.... Clomid, i got a pos opk, took the trigger shot that night went into the iui the next morning. Pregnant on the first try. Progesterone suppositories atarted on day 5.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
I found her to be knowledgable and intelligent. She was friendly and warm. When we experienced a loss, she was compassionate and understanding. I wish i had seen her personally more often, but felt confident in how she managed my care.
Ask ask ask anything you want to know.
Everyone in the office knows our names, was joyful with us when we got our positive and tearful with us when we lost our baby. Truly caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Maria Jamie)
Love love love love the nursing team. So kind, always ensuring i was comfortable. Personable and friendly. Knew my name, my kids name, asked about my work etc. Also very knowledgable and supportive. Cried with me when i lost my baby.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Beautiful. If you are upset, ask for the back room.
1500 for the medicated iui 250 for meds 35 copays for the monitoring visits before the iui process began and after the inital beta. (Insurance did not cover my iui because lgbt issues)
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.... 3 IUI cycles with letrozole. Initially 5 mg daily and the next two were 7.5 mg daily. Also was started on levothyroxine for subclinical hypothyroidism.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.
educate yourself prior to your visit so you can ask pertinent questions and feel like you had a productive conversation.
strong preference for single embryo transfer for someone my age.
Houston - Hous