5.6

Webster Clear Lake
400 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
713.730.2229

I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner...was at all times, professional and kind...I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed)...She was attentive and listened to our concerns.
Test results were almost always published appropriately [by the staff at Houston Fertility Institute]. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them...Seems like a factory...The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe...I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
She was kind, empathetic, professional. She seemed young in her practice. Didn’t seem as evidence based- when discussing novel therapies would state that “the clinic had success with x,y,z” but wasn’t able to elaborate on the supporting evidence or mechanism of action. Sometimes she would get confused on my medical details or the things we discussed. I’m Sure it’s hard to juggle so many patients but this reminded me why people regard hfi as a factory rather than a personal experience. I did end up having success here and I am forever grateful for that but I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Come with a lot of open ended questions and let her response (rather than you filling in what your specific ideas are).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Nurudeen was at all times, professional and kind. She was attentive and listened to our concerns. I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed).
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Followed by second antagonist protocol going above max dose meds (above gonal/ menopur 300)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking. I felt like I was bothering them any time I spoke to them in person. I think they only like to be asked q’s over email or the phone. I found them to be very cold (especially compared to my old clinic). On more than one occasion, I was made to feel badly about the scheduling of my appts. I have a tough work schedule and dr nurudeen was made aware of this at our initial consult. She assured me that it wasn’t a problem. The MAs however, felt differently and routinely pointed that out to me. It was clear that though dr nurudeen had said things were fine with my schedule, the MAs were free to make comments to me. I was taken aback on my very first lab visit where one of the MAs pointed at me and said that everyone was stuck there working late because of me. I don’t think the doctors have any control or say really, in how the MAs treat or speak to their patients. From Then on, I knew that this would strictly be a “working relationship” and that these were not staff who I could consider friends or “teammates”
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Seems like a factory The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe. definitely do privacy The two biggest complaints abo it hfi are the money haggling and impersonal quality. I found both to be true
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Don’t know. Didn’t like how money seemed to be the #1 thing though
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
We did fresh 3day transfer so 2 embryos Made more sense
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
1. Test results were almost always published appropriately. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them
Medical Center - Memorial Hermann

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Appointments [at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute] were in the morning from 8-11. Phlebotomist does blood draw (never missed in 2 years and multiple cycles)...I did not like how the financial counselor blew off the "bundle package" when talking to me before starting this journey because "I would not need that". I didn't even really get a chance to consider it. Turns out, I did need it and there was really no way to opt back in-therefore I ended up spending more money than the bundle package.
Dr. Nurudeen was very nice to consult with during formal consultations. I feel like she would listen to my concerns and make some adjustments to my treatment plans. During clinic days though, she seemed very rushed and was only in the room for 3 minutes to scan me. I felt like she was in too much of a hurry for me to ask many questions. I thought this was how the clinic ran because maybe it was overbooked, but I had her colleague scan me a few times when she was at a different site and he was so pleasant and would stop to talk to me for a few minutes. I wish Dr. Nurundeen would have done that, because I felt like I was in a factory at times.
Write your questions down before your appointments to try to ask her in person. It will be the only time you get to talk to her, otherwise everything is through the MA who sometimes doesn't communicate the correct information.
While Dr. Nurundeen was very nice while she was talking to me, during each of my US appointments, she was always running into the room to scan really quickly and then would run back to her office. It seemed like she was only in the room for 3 minutes. There was very little humanizing small talk. Because I knew she would only be in the room for mere minutes, I had to quickly think of any questions I might have. I was only able to talk to her in person. Any other questions I had would have to go through the MA who sometimes would not ask the question I wanted to know. This was frustrating to not feel like I could really talk to my doctor.
Estrogen shots, pills, patches, vaginal pills to thicken endometrial lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Asia)
Asia was lovely to work with. She was very compassionate. I did 95% of my communication with her. Only 1-2 times did she mess up the message I was trying to leave for the doctor over the course of 2 years. She was always on top of my medications-never messed up medicines and she was always great about scheduling my appointments around my work schedule. She was a great scanner too-she scanned me so many times she was able to quickly find my ovary that was in a weird location making it pain free compared to people who did not scan me routinely.
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
I picked this location and Dr. Nurundeen particularly because they have a large number of clinics and therefore had one located near my job and on located near my house. Dr. Nurundeen goes to both making it more convenient for me for monitoring appointments. The surgical center is located far from my house so I had to give myself injections in the car on the way to some of my procedures. In hindsight, I did not like how the financial counselor blew off the "bundle package" when talking to me before starting this journey because "I would not need that". I didn't even really get a chance to consider it. Turns out, I did need it and there was really no way to opt back in-therefore I ended up spending more money than the bundle package.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Appointments were in the morning from 8-11. Phlebotomist does blood draw (never missed in 2 years and multiple cycles). MA or MD does ultrasound. Appointments are usually very fast. I scheduled appointments for either the very first slow or around 10 so very little waiting time.
$50,000 as nothing was covered by insurance. Includes 2 retrieval cycles, 3 transfers, genetic testing of embryos x2 (flat rate for 8 embryos at a time), ERA testing, medications
Only transferred one at a time. Never discussed multiple embryo transfer
Webster Clear Lake

2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.... 3 IUI cycles with letrozole. Initially 5 mg daily and the next two were 7.5 mg daily. Also was started on levothyroxine for subclinical hypothyroidism.
She listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.
educate yourself prior to your visit so you can ask pertinent questions and feel like you had a productive conversation.
strong preference for single embryo transfer for someone my age.
Piney Point