9.7

3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2015, Successful
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists [WashU- CWE]. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us!... Andrea was very caring, understanding and patient. With how many hormonal women she deals with on a daily basis she never let any of my frustrations or emotions frustrate her. I felt comfortable speaking with her about concerns I had and asking questions.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I really appreciated that Dr. Omurtag was willing to take my husband and I's concerns/opinions into account. He performed a scratch test, which at the time, had only been researched on women who had failed IVF cycles. Knowing the benefits of the scratch test I was adamant that I wanted it done. Dr. Omurtag explained the risks and research but respected our feelings. He was always positive but sure to explain the realistic side of things. He took the time to meet with my husband and I multiple times after our initial doctor left the practice without warning.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
To not be afraid to explain your opinions or feelings on the procedure. It is ultimately your body and baby and he is very cognizant of that and won't make you feel intimated about asking questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag spoke to my husband and I as an individual couple and not as a statistic or in general terms. He sent messages to check on us even after our daughter was born and thanked us for the birth announcements/christmas card we sent.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
All of the procedures, aside from the scratch test, were used specifically for someone with my diagnoses and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us! We unfortunately were with WASHU when Dr. Cooper left the practice without notice. We were one of her patients and that was very scary for us. We weren't notified and I found out when I came in for blood work which was not ideal. Thankfully between Andrea contacting us and meeting with Dr. Omurtag things turned around and we are glad we continued our care with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
I dont remember, somewhere in the range of $15,000 with medication
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
WASHU's goal is one healthy singleton but there are considerations when making the decision on how many embryos to transfer. In our situation we had one that wasn't a great quality and the embryologist did not think would make to freeze but had a slight chance with transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
I am referring to Dr. Coopers abrupt removal(?) or leaving of (?) the clinic and the lack of communication to us about the situation.
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures [at Wash U]. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.... Kathy [a nurse] is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Kenan explained everything in detail and was interested everything we had done before meeting with him. He got to know my husband and I in detail and gave us a reassuring feeling when we left his office.
He is on it and will want to be aggressive with treatment. I think this is a good thing!
When I enter the clinic I feel like the staff know who I am and where I’m at in my journey.
He wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have nothing bad to say. Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.
First visit was covered with copay and we never were charged for all of our blood work, so insurance covered that. Our IUI’s were $383 each time and the ovidrel shot was $107

2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Omurtag] was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful....We are still in the middle of treatment but so far he has been honest and encouraging with us. We had some setbacks in not getting the number of follicles we hoped for and he talked us through our options. He was honest but also hopeful.
It's a bigger clinic [Washington U - CWE] so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him...The nursing staff was kind and compassionate. I felt well taken care of and that my questions and concerns were all addressed in a timely manner...We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00...Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves and Dr. Omurtag is willing to answer all questions.
He was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It's a bigger clinic so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him.
We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess