9.8

3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner...he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor...He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you...
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly...They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI...
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
We had to do so many procedures and tests on top of IUI and IVF, he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I highly recommend him. He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I did an HSG before starting anything. Then multiple clomid IUI cycles. Had to do a hysteroscopy with dilation due to difficulty getting the IUI catheter through my cervix. Then moved on to IVF. We did a long agonist protocol, with a fresh transfer which failed. So then did an endosee procedure. Then a frozen transfer than failed. And most recently transferred our last frozen embryo that stuck! For the frozen transfers he ordered estradiol three times a day and PIO daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy didn’t always seem very compassionate, I don’t think she likes talking on the phone. Jessie (administrative assistant) was amazing and was always upbeat and a joy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
IUIs were 500 without insurance. But 50 with it. A cycle with Egg retrieval and fresh transfer was 15-20k without insurance. I think I paid about 2k A frozen transfer without insurance was 4700 but with insurance was 200
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
They follow ASRM guidelines so they will not do an elective multiple embryo transfer unless there is a good medical reason to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI. They also didn’t seem to believe me when I told them there were problems with my cervix in the past and said we would assess it after the first IUI. Thankfully my doctor took care of this pretty quickly after that first IUI.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag took his time with us and never made us feel rushed. He always answered all of our questions and put our minds at ease. He never made us feel pressured. He would lay out our options, offer his thoughts and let us ultimately make decisions. He was compassionate, understanding and was on our team in ultimately wanting us to have a baby no matter how we got there. He was always willing to even talk through things over the phone when we had questions or concerns outside of appointments.
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded...staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive...
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Omurtag is always patient and never makes you feel like any question is a bad question or concern.
His staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive. Zejna is the best of the best with drawing blood, makes it a breeze!! Lee and Jackie are so compassionate and take the extra time to walk you through meds and how to best use. This team truly cares about YOU and is the best partner I could have ever imagined for fertility treatment!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded and I’d recommend Omurtag’s team.
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.
2017 - 2021, Successful
after meeting with him [Dr. Omurtag], I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
Everyone [at Washington University School of Medicine] was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care...He [Dr. Omurtag] and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. Prior to coming to them, I was doubtful I would ever reach my goal of having children. However, after meeting with him, I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding. Thanks to them, I have two beautiful babies.
Trust the process.
I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care. I was never in doubt that I was receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I can only talk about the strengths. Everyone was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care. I would recommend them to anyone needing fertility assistance.
St. Louis - Central West End

be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again...my first cycle was a short protocol, with 9 days of stim medications of Gonal-f, Menopur, and cetrotide. we retrieved 9 eggs, but most of them were not mature. the 2nd cycle we changed to a long agonist protocol with lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. we retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature...our 1st cycle we transferred 2, because of the low quality and low numbers we retrieved. the 2nd time, because we had so many embryos, we only transferred 1
everyone was always on the same page for my care [at Washington University School of Medicine], and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously...most of my monitoring was done at a secondary location, but all appointments were quick, in and out.
with this clinic, its a group effort, so while i may not have seen my direct doctor, i was always aware of who would be handling each procedure. i was introduced to each doctor, and everything was explained in detail, with a chance to ask questions and confirm understanding. i never waited for a doctor to show up.
be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again with success .
my first name was used at all times, without referring to paperwork to ensure it was correct. i was given a voice in all transactions, and decisions were made with me, not for me.
everyone was always on the same page for my care, and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
the clinic is highly organized, and efficient. the only downside for me personally was that they were over 200 miles away from where i live. a lot of communication had to be done by phone, text or patientchart. there was never a lack of communication, even with that being true.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
most of my costs were covered by insurance, but it was hard to nail down an exact number, or cost for anything. i contacted billing several times without an answer. if i were paying out of pocket, this would have been very concerning.

2020, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Omurtag spent over an hour on Zoom with me explaining all the details of the fertility medications, retrieval process, etc. he was very well-informed and constantly asked if we had any questions. He also drew out pictures to make things very clear. He set me up with his nurse who has been in constant contact with me since...helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
The cost of one egg retrieval [at Washington University School of Medicine] and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year...Everyone is very organized and kind. The clinic has excellent communication skills and all questions are clearly answered. They make you feel like you belong and aren’t just another patient at the clinic. They care about you.
Dr. Omurtag helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
He is very informative and friendly. He makes sure you understand everything and doesn’t move on if you have questions.
I am on an antagonist cycle. I’m doing 3 injectable medications daily. I get ultrasounds and bloodwork done approximately every other day. He updated my online profile very quickly so I know the results of my lab tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mary has called me nearly every day with updates, advice, or just to check in. She’s been absolutely amazing and has answered any and all questions that I have. She is readily available at all times. She got me set up with several programs so my medications would be cheaper. She is in contact with the fertility doctors in my hometown so I have appointments when necessary and get results quickly. I’d be lost without Mary!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost of one egg retrieval and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year. Medications not covered by grants were approximately $600.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
[Dr. Omurtag] suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons...He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn...I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur
[the Washington U nurse team are] always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience...total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF...they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing
He is incredible and amazing and no words to describe how good he is. I wish I would have known him 5 years before but after I met him I was only very short term with him less than 3 months. He is the best. I was confident with the first 2 visits itself the way he rule in and out the pros and cons. The best of him is he encourages to ask questions and so that we can feel free to express our doubts/questions.
just trust him and follow what ever he say regarding your treatment because he is the expert.
i am blessed to find this doctor and felt like my close family when ever talking to him. He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn. It was the most comfortable journey and very short and is only 4 months total but i postponed one month after my first visit due to my travel to India and he did not even rush. Everything was well planned.
I am not sure but I think it is agonist protocol. I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur and on those injections for 11-12 days and ovidrel trigger shot 36 hrs before egg retrieval. and all the injections are done and was methyl prednisolone for 2 -3 days and on progesterone from egg retrieval day. Embryo transfer was on 5 th day after egg retrieval and blood test for B HCG WAS ON 14 TH DAY. I heard the news from the nurse that BFP. That was the best day in my life. I GIVE 100% CREDIT AND WILL NEVER FORGET Omurtag in my life. WHEN EVER I SEE MY BABY I HAVE THAT KINDNESS TOWARDS HIM.
How competent was Kenan Omurtag at LGBTQ care?
n/a but i can confidently say he is wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice and so many others)
Nurse Denice and Omurtag assistant Jessie and every person is wonderful. Denice is always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing. it happens because they are providing good care and obviously there are more people coming for this. Demand is always great.
total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF. THE REST 1600 IS MY consultation and ultrasoung and blood work prior to start of IVF. MEDICINES COST is $3700
He suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons.
How competent was Washington University School of Medicine at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Washington University School of Medicine.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was gentle, kind, patient, able to explain things in detail so that I felt like I understand the process, not pushy, open to questions, and really seemed like he genuinely loved his job...He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
[Washington U School of Medicine is] Professional, clean, efficient, friendly, easy to navigate. The clinic has an easy to navigate and informative website. They provide information in multiple formats for maximum effectiveness of communication...The approach was to present all the information and options in a way that didn't feel like it was pressuring us to make one decision or another. He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
Dr. Omurtag is an amazing doctor at an amazing clinic. He is a true partner with his patients as he goes through the process with you. I found no weaknesses or points of frustration in Dr. Omurtag's ability or bedside manner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let him know if you need something rephrased or elaborated on because he is happy to do so.
The protocol used was long agonist IVF after IUI and fertility pills did not work due to my diagnosis of Unknown Ovulation Disorder. He even connected me with a pelvic therapist to help a secondary issue I didn't even know I had until meeting with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie,Mary,Sandra, Cynthia, Marilyn, Kathy, Crystal, Denice)
Professional, kind, warm, supportive, understanding, patient, prompt with communication, helpful
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Little to none due to the treatment being covered under insurance
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omurtag has incredible bedside manner. He is caring and sensitive and personable...He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and [he] and his entire team was supportive and caring.
I have discussed [Washington U School of Midicine] strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being...All wonderful. Kept in constant communication with me. Were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had.
The best doctor I've ever had. I do not have one negative thing to say about him. He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and Dr. Omurtag and his entire team was supportive and caring.
Don't worry; he's got you.
3 cycles Clomid only (per my request), all unsuccessful. 3 cycles IUI with Clomid, all unsuccessful. 1 interrupted cycle IVF due to my COVID diagnosis. 1 long-agonist IVF cycle (oral BC, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger, and progesterone) with 19 follicles detected on US, 12 eggs retrieved, half ICSI and half non-ICSI, 6 eggs fertilized, 3 excellent quality embryos, single embryo transfer with positive singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton RN and Jessie Rieger)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have discussed strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being.
I prefer not to say. I have a fertility benefit through my insurance that covered over half of our expenses.
St. Louis - Central West End

During our initial consultation with Dr. Omurtag, he spent a lot of time with us going over every detail. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family...He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart..
They [Washington University School of Medicine nurses] were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart...Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible...He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family.
Doctor Omurtag was kind, patient, compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. He allowed us to come up with a fertility plan that worked for us. He explained every step of the process in detail and answered any question we had. He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart.
Go see him!
Three rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie were incredibly kind, compassionate and helpful. They were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Ghggggggghhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggg
I don’t believe I had to pay out of pocket for anything other than copays.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope...Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
[the Washington University nurses were] both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone...IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI...he front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful...Rarely did I wait past my appointment time
Dr. Omertag is an excellent physician. I didn’t have any hesitation with any of his recommendations. He thoroughly explained each step and kept us moving forward. He is compassionate towards his patients and you can tell he truly cares about your outcome. Fertility treatments can be daunting and emotionally draining and he checked in regularly to see how my husband and I were doing through the process mentally.
Ask questions. He’s great at explaining and answering.
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope. His staff are wonderful as well and also answered the barrage of questions that inevitably came up through each cycle.
We used 2 different protocols for the 2 egg retrievals and fertilized using ICSI with each. Both cycles produced similar amount and quality of eggs and subsequently embryos. We used ICSI due to poor sperm morphology and motility.
Kathy and Jessie were amazing to work with. I had tons of questions and both were so helpful. They both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is run efficiently. Rarely did I wait past my appointment time. I felt very safe in the clinic during the peak of COVID with all precautions they had set in place. The front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful.
IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI. We did have some insurance coverage with both retrieval’s. Embryo transfer with no coverage was ~$3,400
We did 2 single frozen embryo transfers and one multiple (2) fresh transfer. Our fresh transfer resulted in a single live birth. Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
St. Louis - Central West End
Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, [our Washington U School of Medicine] responded quickly and was always very helpful...The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts...I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints
Dr. Omurtag is the best! He understood how extensive my endometriosis is and didn’t waste any time getting me started with treatments. We went straight into ivf to work towards the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. I never felt in the dark about anything along the way, he was very informative. Can’t recommend or thank him enough!
To absolutely go to him. I’m very lucky my surgeon referred me to him and this clinic.
He cheered me along every step of the way and made me feel like he really cared about our outcome and wanted to do everything possible to make it happen for us.
I started out on birth control. Then started on lupron, menopur and gonal F. I responded very well to the meds and they were able to retrieve 16 eggs. I’m now on progesterone in oil.
My nurse Kathy was amazing! Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, she responded quickly and was always very helpful. She has a great way of assuring you you’re doing everything right. As far as the rest of the nursing staff that did the ultrasounds and bloodwork, they were also amazing. Literally the best.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Was very happy with this clinic. Very efficient. I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints. I’m very happy we were referred to this clinic.
The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts, I believe. I was completely fine with this protocol.
2018 - 2020, Successful
IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him...We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant...He was SO down to earth, I was terrified that I’d never get pregnant and he was so good about talking through everything and making sure my husband and I were very aware of all of the steps involved.
Everyone was very organized [at Washington University School of Medicine], even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world...She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She [the nurse] listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
I have a pituitary cyst, which causes me to have to force ovulation. I don’t menstruate regularly, so I have to take drugs in order to bleed. I was nervous about starting IVF because my ovaries responded too much to the IUI and never got to the transfer. IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him.
Don’t give up!
We tried IUI a couple years ago. I went in for baseline ultrasound and lab work, then started injections. My injections were nightly, followed by more ultrasounds and lab work every few days. It got very stressful and then I got the phone call that my ovaries weren’t responding the way they expected, so I’d have to cancel and try IVF. Then COVID happened. Finally in February 2021, we forced a period, and started IVF! More testing, ultrasounds and labs, injections, and countless appointments. I went through with a day5 embryo transfer and froze five more. We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!
She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was very organized, even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world
I am glad we only transferred one embryo, dr omurtag told us it would be more successful and safer since twins run in both of our families!
2020, Consult
Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience...I was treated with respect and with kindness...No one "wants" to have to go thru fertility treatments, but if you are in the situation, you are in good hands with Dr. Omurtag. Ask a lot of questions because he has all the answers and explains it in a very easy way to understand.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually) [at Washington University School of Medicine], but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
We had a virtual visit and didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being very informative and helpful. Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience.
I was treated with respect and with kindness.
We did not end up doing fertility treatment because we ended up testing negative for a genetic concern we had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nurses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually), but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
The cost would be very high had we gone thru IVF due to the nature of what we trying to do (testing for a genetic mutation in an embryo).
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was absolutely amazing & I would highly recommend him to anyone going through infertility. We couldn’t have asked for a better fertility doctor-from the very first consultation up until our follow-up appointment and everything in between. He wanted to get to know us as people, and it is so evident that he truly cares about his patients.
Single embryo transfer is what they recommended, and seem to recommend to most younger patients...She [Washington University nurse] never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Go to Dr. Omurtag with no hesitations! :)
To Dr. Omurtag, I didn’t feel like a normal patient. He wanted to get to know us as people, not just patients of his.
We had male factor infertility. My husband had a TESE procedure done then I was put on STIM meds, we had our egg retrieval then our 5-day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton )
We absolutely loved our fertility nurse. She never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
WashU Fertility Clinic is the best in the area. You won’t find a better clinic to assist with infertility issues. They all show so much love and compassion for their patients. From the ladies in the front office, ultrasound techs, the ladies in the lab, our surgical team, to the fertility doctors..all amazing!!
IVF is costly but WashU provided fertility financing options. We were made aware of the costs upfront so there were no hidden fees or surprises.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very compassionate and helpful. He took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns completely. He was available to answer questions when we needed it. We could really tell that he cared about us and cared about our outcome. We never felt as if we were "just another number."..
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff [of Washington University School of Medicine] are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
2016 - 2020, Successful
They [Washington University] are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful...He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally...Always easy to get a hold of them. They were also very quick to return calls or messages... ..
He was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally.
Trust your healthcare provider
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful.
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Omurtag] was very upfront and honest with us, from the initial consult to the last appointment we had before we graduated to my regular OB-Gyn. He was clear about the odds of actually conceiving, given our DOR/MFI and age issues, and did not get our hopes up. Our first retrieval/transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We spent 30 minutes discussing how we'd change the protocol for the second attempt, and another 20 minutes talking about the pros/cons/possible necessity of donor eggs if we had a repeat issue with the second retrieval/transfer. Lastly, he was so excited when our betas came back positive - and after our graduation appointment - that he texted my regular OB-Gyn to let her know we were headed her way. He's a regular human being, who feels this process with his patients, and is with you every step of the way.
Just know that none of the docs within the WashU program are super patient-forward. You'll communicate with their nurses and receptionists, but these are amazing people who have no problem getting to the doctor, and getting back to you...She [nurse] had all the answers to my questions, was super-prompt at getting back to me, and if she needed an answer from [Dr. Omurtag], still called back within an hour or so. I could not have asked for a better person to communicate with throughout this process.
Kenan was very upfront and honest with us, from the initial consult to the last appointment we had before we graduated to my regular OB-Gyn. He was clear about the odds of actually conceiving, given our DOR/MFI and age issues, and did not get our hopes up. Our first retrieval/transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We spent 30 minutes discussing how we'd change the protocol for the second attempt, and another 20 minutes talking about the pros/cons/possible necessity of donor eggs if we had a repeat issue with the second retrieval/transfer. Lastly, he was so excited when our betas came back positive - and after our graduation appointment - that he texted my regular OB-Gyn to let her know we were headed her way. He's a regular human being, who feels this process with his patients, and is with you every step of the way.
Kenan knew exactly what was going on with us at every step of the way. His staff (receptionist and nurse) were really great to work with, and answered all of our questions. Like everyone going through the infertility nightmare, we were a special snowflake case. He knew the details, day in and day out, and was hugely supportive.
We started with an estrogen primer, followed by five days of Letrozole. From there, I added in 150 Follistim. Eventually, we added Ganirelix, with an HcG trigger.
Kathy is amazing! She had all the answers to my questions, was super-prompt at getting back to me, and if she needed an answer from Kenan, still called back within an hour or so. I could not have asked for a better person to communicate with throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front desk staff are great, the techs who do the blood draws are kind and compassionate, and the medical staff (doctors) we interacted with were really good at their jobs. If there's a weakness, it's that you don't have much direct contact with your doctor beyond the initial consult and testing, and the post-beta testing. For most of the treatment period, you're talking with the doctor's receptionist and nurse. Your doctor is still closely following your progress - you just don't talk with him/her.
We were ridiculously fortunate to have coverage through both my insurance and my husband's insurance. We paid under $3,000 for both IVF protocols.
Because of my age, we planned to do fresh 3-day transfers. We transferred every embryo we had at that point (4 the first time, 3 the second).

2015 - 2019, Successful
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of... I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor... LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
Everyone [Washington University] worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours.... nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive... After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of (polyps removed from uterus, EKG b/c of an irregular heart beat etc) before moving on to the next step in process. I NEVER felt these findings were a way for the company to get more money, rather they were concerns he had that needed to be examined before he felt confident enough to proceed to ensure I would be able to carry a healthy baby full term.
trust him, he knows what he is doing and will not give you poor advice or sugar coat the risks. He gives you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor. Did not sugar coat anything yet was considerate of IUI we have tried in past with another fertility dr. He and his staff were always always available to answer any questions no matter how trivial. Wanted updates once baby was born, even asked if we could have a family picture with him! LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
My husband and I met with the his consultants first to review costs. Once that was complete we then saw Dr Omurtag who went in depth on different types of procedures he could try. Since my husband and I had tried for 6 years to have a child (with a fertility clinic in TN) he told us he would not put us/me through that again, he would not try IVF since we had not had success. Our option was egg donor. Once we made that choice we had to meet with a team of specialist to see if we/I were physically and mentally ready for the process. After I was cleared a battery of tests began (continual labs, weekly/monthy ultrasounds, sonohysterogram, removal of polyps), daily pills, patches and injections needed to be administered until I was finally ready for embryo transfer. 9 months later: SUCCESS!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I really do not remember her name)
Again, nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours. After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing (his nurse didn't call me, the receptionist didn't call me, HE did and any time a dr makes it a point to pick up the phone and place a call him/her self speaks volumes for the care he provides his patients)
for the process my husband and went through I felt it was reasonable. Because insurance did not cover much, most was out of pocket and payment options were made available to us.
Due to my age, only 3 eggs were transferred. We are trying for baby number 2 and this time he is telling me only 1 egg will be transferred. This Dr is phenomenal, always takes his patient's health and safety into consideration before doing whatever the patient wants.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
He [Dr. Omurtag] reviewed my chart to see what I had done thus far with my local OBGYN, laid out the treatment options, and explained the order in which we would/could take them so that my husband and I could make informed decisions about our care. He started with the least-invasive option first, IUI, and promised that if it did not work within a few attempts, he would regroup with us to discuss what our next step would be. We ended up getting pregnant on the second round of IUI, but during the whole process he monitored all of my test results and sent messages to let me know his take. It assured me that he was a hands-on physician, who truly was taking an interest in my care.
Dr. Omurtag's staff members were the perfect compliment to his excellent care [at Wash U]. Kathy, his nurse, always answered my questions in the patient portal within hours of me sending them - and if necessary, called so she could better explain what was going on. She was kind, compassionate, thorough, and yet felt entirely approachable. I could ask her anything. There was another nurse, Mary, who was also wonderful - she would answer my questions, if Kathy was not in that particular day. She was just as prompt, thorough, and easy to trust and understand. Jessie, the medical secretary, was also absolutely fantastic - from the very first phone call in which she got some background information from me and set up my first appointment, I knew she was someone who would be right there with us through this whole journey.
Dr. Omurtag was professional yet completely approachable, and was able to explain things in ways that were simple to understand while still being comprehensive. He patiently answered all of my questions - even during my first appointment, when I had an entire list of questions written down. He reviewed all of my test results, and would write comments once he had done so that I could read them on the patient portal. He made the whole fertility treatment process seem as easy and natural as anything in the world, giving us realistic expectations of success while reassuring us that he would be there to support and guide us along every step of the way. I have never had a doctor in whom I had more confidence and trust.
Come with questions, so you know what you want to know - and then rest easy, knowing Dr. Omurtag will tell you everything else, the things you didn't think to ask.
While always professional on every level, I felt like Dr. Omurtag and his staff were incredibly approachable and supportive. If I emailed them with a question, I had an answer within hours. If I called, I always either spoke directly with someone or received a prompt call back. If there were any tests I could do locally (I live two hours away from St. Louis), they would let me - saving me that long trip. During my first appointment I came with a list of questions written down, and Dr. Omurtag patiently answered every single one, and never made me feel foolish for asking any of them - even if they were very basic. Honestly, I cannot say enough about the supportive and attentive care I received while a patient of Dr. Omurtag. His nurses Kathy and Mary, and his medical secretary Jessie, were also incredible! Truly, those women made me feel so well looked after.
He reviewed my chart to see what I had done thus far with my local OBGYN, laid out the treatment options, and explained the order in which we would/could take them so that my husband and I could make informed decisions about our care. He started with the least-invasive option first, IUI, and promised that if it did not work within a few attempts, he would regroup with us to discuss what our next step would be. We ended up getting pregnant on the second round of IUI, but during the whole process he monitored all of my test results and sent messages to let me know his take. It assured me that he was a hands-on physician, who truly was taking an interest in my care.
Dr. Omurtag's staff members were the perfect compliment to his excellent care. Kathy, his nurse, always answered my questions in the patient portal within hours of me sending them - and if necessary, called so she could better explain what was going on. She was kind, compassionate, thorough, and yet felt entirely approachable. I could ask her anything. There was another nurse, Mary, who was also wonderful - she would answer my questions, if Kathy was not in that particular day. She was just as prompt, thorough, and easy to trust and understand. Jessie, the medical secretary, was also absolutely fantastic - from the very first phone call in which she got some background information from me and set up my first appointment, I knew she was someone who would be right there with us through this whole journey. She is the kind of person who made you feel safe, like you could rest easy because you knew she would dot every I and cross every T to make sure that the administrative side of your care was attended to. Honestly, I cannot say enough about Dr. Omurtag's staff. I wish we didn't live so far away, so that they could be in charge of my care permanently.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything I experienced with Dr. Omurtag, his staff, and the clinic as a whole was of top-notch quality. I honestly did not have a single complaint during my time as their patient (and they have assured me that even though I will be resuming full-time care with my local OBGYN, I am free to call them at any time if I have any questions or concerns - another testament to how wonderful of an office they are). The patient portal made communication with the staff a breeze, the appointments were always prompt and efficiently run, and we would not hesitate to go to them again if we needed help with getting pregnant again. Frankly, if it weren't for the drive, I would switch doctors in a heartbeat. I've never had a better doctor or staff, nor felt more comfortable or well looked after.
Besides copays, I did not have any extra costs associated with my care from Dr. Omurtag.
St. Louis - Central West End
He [Dr. Kevin Omurtag] suggested we do multiple due to age and past records...He has great bedside manner. He spends all the time in the world with you, going through every possible scenario that you bring to his attention. Dr. Omurtag is young and I find that an advantage as he seems to keep up on the latest information going on in infertility... is friendly, knowledgeable, caring, and smart. It was nice to feel like you could ask as many questions as you needed to ask and he would answer them without making you feel dumb or rushing you out the door. I do wish he would be at the procedures. He said he would be at them a couple of times and never showed up. That was disappointing as we had really hoped he would perform the procedures and he said he would.
The front desk staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] are cordial, but not outwardly friendly. It does feel a little anonymous and not as friendly as other places. The medical assistants that draw blood are fantastic and friendly. The ultrasound techs are very kind and knowledgeable, too...For IUI, we did mainly clomid, then after three of those, went to a clomid with one u/s and trigger shot. Finally, went to an IUI with injectables and monitoring. For IVF, we did a short antagonist protocol for both IVF cycles with ovidrel trigger shots.
Dr. Omurtag is friendly, knowledgeable, caring, and smart. It was nice to feel like you could ask as many questions as you needed to ask and he would answer them without making you feel dumb or rushing you out the door. I do wish he would be at the procedures. He said he would be at them a couple of times and never showed up. That was disappointing as we had really hoped he would perform the procedures and he said he would.
Feel comfortable asking questions and make suggestions. He's open to them all and will go through all possibilities with you.
Kathy is fantastic! She responds very quickly to messages and calls. She does rush a bit on the phone, but is very thorough on email. I feel like she cares and wants everyone to be successful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is pretty cold when you first get there. The front desk staff are cordial, but not outwardly friendly. It does feel a little anonymous and not as friendly as other places. The medical assistants that draw blood are fantastic and friendly. The ultrasound techs are very kind and knowledgeable, too.
He suggested we do multiple due to age and past records.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. ... Dr. Omertag was willing to work at the speed we wanted to go. Our previous doctor was pushing IVF when we were trying to find the root of our issues first. He was thourough and was able to find an issue with my thyroid that a previous general doctor, ob/gyn, and two other fertility specialists has missed.
The front staff [Washington U - St. Louis CWE] is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. ... IUI is around $800 for medicine, procedure, ultrasound, and trigger shot. IVF was estimated $11,500 plus medicine. ... Kathy and Jessie [nurses] are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in. ... I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible
Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. He answered every question we had, sometimes explaining it a few times when we were overwhelmed by information.
He’s busy because he is fantastic. He is worth the wait.
I have an upcoming IUI treatment using clomid and progesterone. I also will be on thyroid medicine to balance a deficiency.
Kathy and Jessie are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front staff is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible, sometimes there is a wait for Dr. Omurtag, but I promise it’s worth the wait.
we have not discussed embryo transfers yet
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
I expect a response within a day but these girls [staff at Washington University School of Medicine] are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!...I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization...It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
YES! He is great at what he does and you can tell in his heart he wants to help you get pregnant!
From the beginning, Dr. Omurtag was kind, easy to talk to and very thorough. His staff reflects this, they are just as incredible! He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that. Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!
He gave me options, we could very aggressive and go straight to invitro or go a slower route. I decided to go an even slower route than what he offered which he was completely supportive of! Month 1 consisted of starting thyroid medicine and having my tubes flushed, then me and my husband trying spontaneously. If that did not work the next month I was going to start Clomid but we did not get to that point :) He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie and Kathy)
Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done! I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There's not much to say about this. It's a clinic and I loved my doctor and his nurses! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
My us and tube cleaning was not covered by my insurance, it was 280 for the u/s and 720 for the tube cleaning.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

From the start Dr Omurtag gave us hope. He was kind, caring, and attentive. He answered all of our questions. He told us what we needed to know up front. He didn’t perform my egg retrieval but he stopped in to check on me, which was very nice. He also personally called me after my first negative test to discuss how I was doing and where to go next.... My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period.
We really liked this clinic [Washington U]. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot.... I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative.
You won’t see him for every visit but he is aware of what’s going on and is still keeping up with your progress.
I definitely felt like a human, not a number. Dr Omurtag and everyone there were so helpful and caring.
My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period. I took cetrotide and was allergic to it, they had me take Benadryl with it. I almost overstimulated so I did have to take pills for that and up my fluids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative. She cared about me and my feelings.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
We really liked this clinic. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot. Usually the reserved spots were open but sometimes we had to park somewhere else and hope we didn’t get a ticket.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered fertility treatments. With 2 rounds of IVF and doing ICSI we paid about $2500 out of pocket.
For our first transfer, we saw Dr Odem and he recommended transferring 2 embryos. He explained why and we agreed, however, it was unsuccessful. The second transfer we transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive blood test.

2015 - 2018, Successful
You walk in [to WashU] and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
Kenan was warm and engaged. I remember my husband joking he was so young. In ways I liked that piece because I felt like I could relate to him as a human and someone our age who understands all the issues we are facing. He was always very reserved about being too excited or hopeful, but would say until the baby is out and in your arms. That could sound harsh, but I think that it was helpful to keep us in the moment and not attaching to an outcome. He also referred me to Dr. Odem when he felt my Asherman's was too extensive for him to do surgery on. I appreciated him acknowledging he has limits to his medical ability and wanted to support me in getting the best possible care.
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand things. He will answer them and it is okay to be reserved and not jump on his first recommendation. You are allowed to dictate your own steps of care.
Keenan was great, very warm, personable. He was honest and did not make promises and took his time with us. I never felt rushed or like he needed to get to someone else. He was always quick to respond, took all my anxieties and worries seriously and was never dismissive.
He first gave me progesterone to see if I could bleed, I then had a dye test of my tubes to make sure there was no blockage and my organs were in good standing. He paired my cycle after progesterone with Letrosole and I ovulated and was pregnant on my first time. He stated that if we tried that given I had 5 failed rounds of Chlomid, he was going to recommend IUI.
I remember them giving me detailed information, being very calm, organized and relaxed. They answered questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
You walk in and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
I am a university employee so my insurance covers my fees. It was never expensive or unreasonable. Sometimes medications were very expensive regardless. However I understand meds and IVF are very expensive. They are very understanding of the financial challenge and work to support individuals in getting feedback and support from billing.