9.7

3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds [at Washington University School of Medicine] and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He really cares about his patients and puts you at ease for such a stressful process of trying to conceive
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He really took the time to talk with us (husband) and go over our options, what the chances were. He was amazing in taking time to e-mail and call us to check in and see how we were doing, if we had any questions or needed anything. I really felt like he was part of our team
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
he went over our options and then after doing the testing told us what would be the most successful option for us. I cant recall which treatment it was for IVF but he did let us know that IUIs were not a good option for us and so we didn't consider that again
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I thought it was easy to get in and out of, clean, professional and had top of the line equipment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
I never added the total up since we were successful, I don't care the cost since we have a baby now
2014, Successful
Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me...He spoke to me in a caring manner and made sure that I understood everything that was happening. He made me feel like a person each step of the way and made sure that I was comfortable. He always knew me by name and my spouse. He took the time to ask how I was, my family and my older child...
The [Was U - CWE] clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained...The nursing staff was very caring and sweet during all the processes. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable with everything that was happening...If you have any questions be honest with him and he will be honest with you. He was very good at going over things we didn't understand and making sure that i knew what was happening each step of the way...
Dr Omurtag was beyond wonderful. I would recommend him and the drs at Wash U to anyone that is going to be going through ivf treatment. I had a dr prior to him that was awful and did not take my feelings into any consideration. The drs at Wash U and Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me.
When i went to see Dr Omurtag I knew I wanted to do ivf and did not want to do any other treatment. He was very open to that and let me make that choice. He used injectable drugs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained.
I do not remember all the costs as the ivf was covered by my insurance. So i only had to pay my ded/opx.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. ... Dr. Omertag was willing to work at the speed we wanted to go. Our previous doctor was pushing IVF when we were trying to find the root of our issues first. He was thourough and was able to find an issue with my thyroid that a previous general doctor, ob/gyn, and two other fertility specialists has missed.
The front staff [Washington U - St. Louis CWE] is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. ... IUI is around $800 for medicine, procedure, ultrasound, and trigger shot. IVF was estimated $11,500 plus medicine. ... Kathy and Jessie [nurses] are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in. ... I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible
Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. He answered every question we had, sometimes explaining it a few times when we were overwhelmed by information.
He’s busy because he is fantastic. He is worth the wait.
I have an upcoming IUI treatment using clomid and progesterone. I also will be on thyroid medicine to balance a deficiency.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front staff is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible, sometimes there is a wait for Dr. Omurtag, but I promise it’s worth the wait.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
we have not discussed embryo transfers yet
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures [at Wash U]. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.... Kathy [a nurse] is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Kenan explained everything in detail and was interested everything we had done before meeting with him. He got to know my husband and I in detail and gave us a reassuring feeling when we left his office.
He is on it and will want to be aggressive with treatment. I think this is a good thing!
When I enter the clinic I feel like the staff know who I am and where I’m at in my journey.
He wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have nothing bad to say. Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.
First visit was covered with copay and we never were charged for all of our blood work, so insurance covered that. Our IUI’s were $383 each time and the ovidrel shot was $107
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Omurtag has been great...we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process...they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
The staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos...There were times i felt like Kathy didnt care but other times you could hear in her voice that she wanted better results
Dr. Omurtag has been great we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
Be patient when waiting for responses he will respond within a couple of days but he is also doing his research and often responds late so you know that you are important to him
Dr. Omurtag made sure that i was fully aware of the process and what was happening to me as well as what to expect he took time to make sure that all my questions were answered and understood. Never once did we feel rushed in and out of the office we were always given the time needed to understand and for the processes
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The staff is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

Dr. Omurtag and his nurse Kathy were always available to assist and answer any questions we had. They are very personable and help to make a somewhat scary experience seem painless and easy... He takes him time with his patients and lets you know exactly what to expect along the way. Even if he was unavailable all the other doctors were familiar with our protocol and were also always available to assist...Dr. Omurtag put us on a long protocol with a month of birth control in the beginning. After the birth control we did injectibles with medrol, Gonal F and one more drug i can't remember to stimulate the ovaries. WE had one retrieval where we retrieved 19 eggs. Four of those successfully made it to Blastocyte stage.
They [Washington University School of Medicine] always work you in if there is an emergency. The wait times are very low and the entire staff was wonderful. The Phlebotomist and Ultrasound techs were all very nice and easy to work with as well...We did financing through ARC and did the One Plus Program. The total cost for us was just over $20,000...Kathy was wonderful to work with and very understanding. She was my go to with all my questions and always made me feel at ease.
Dr. Omurtag was great to work with. He takes him time with his patients and lets you know exactly what to expect along the way. Even if he was unavailable all the other doctors were familiar with our protocol and were also always available to assist.
Ask questions
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They always work you in if there is an emergency. The wait times are very low and the entire staff was wonderful. The Phlebotomist and Ultrasound techs were all very nice and easy to work with as well.
Our odds were good for success so my husband and I selected to only have one transferred each time. That was also the Dr.'s recommendation based on our age (under 35) and other medical factors.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr Omurtag and his staff were amazing throughout the whole process. Calling them compassionate does not do them justice. We lost our first transferred embryo at 15 weeks due to Turner syndrome and Dr Omurtag and his staff were so supportive. We would not be pregnant right now if it weren’t for them. I could not give them a higher recommendation....I trust him implicitly and I would recommend him to my closest loved ones. He and his team are the epitome of what it means to be a truly great team of medical professionals.
Dr Omurtag and his staff [at Washington U - CWE] were amazing throughout the whole process. Calling them compassionate does not do them justice....He and his team are the epitome of what it means to be a truly great team of medical professionals....I have never Experienced a more compassionate and professional medical team. Each time we came in for a regular appointment for procedure we were treated with kindness compassion and dignity
Like I said previously in the survey I have never Experienced a more compassionate and professional medical team. Each time we came in for a regular appointment for procedure we were treated with kindness compassion and dignity. Having lost our first transferred embryo at 15 weeks we were absolutely devastated. That being said, Dr. Omurtag and his staff showed more compassion than I can possibly explain. He got us back in the saddle and now we are pregnant with what will be hopefully our second daughter or first son. I trust him implicitly and I would recommend him to my closest loved ones. He and his team are the epitome of what it means to be a truly great team of medical professionals.
Do not waste your time worrying about whether or not Dr. Omurtag and his team are right for you because I will tell you that you will not and cannot find any better in their field. They are amazing!
St. Louis - Central West End
I live in Illinois...Dr. Omurtag and his staff welcomed me with open arms, worked with me to schedule tests close to home, and anything I needed they were available...Dr. Omurtag was very caring. I dont have a single complaint. He put together a program and walked me through everything from day one. He had a positive attitude and was very clear on the goal. My experience was amazing and I would go back to him if I ever needed to have another treatment. If he wasnt able to follow uo with me he had a one of a kind staff that was kind made sure all your needs were met.
Dr. Omurtag and his staff [at Washington U - CWE] welcomed me with open arms, worked with me to schedule tests close to home, and anything I needed they were available...[nURSES] Kathy and Jessie were on top of all my needs. They would call and check up on me, were prompt with calling me with my results. Jessie was on top of all my lab work that was done in illinois so i didnt have to travel to st louis for my labs. They were so kind and amazing.
I live in Illinois and there is 1 fertility doctor in my area that has a horrible rep. Dr. Omurtag and his staff welcomed me with open arms, worked with me to schedule tests close to home, and anything I needed they were available. I would travel the 2hrs regulary if I had too just to get the care that I got from his office.
Dr Omurtag set a plan for me in May 2017. We had a few tests done and was but on fertility medication in June. July 2017 i had my first IUI and found out that I was pregnant 2wks later. He saw me at wk 7 and stated that he would release back to my illinois doctor but if i ever needed anything to let him know.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was referred to me by my gynecologist. Her exact words were "every time I send him a patient they come back to me pregnant within the year." So I went to him believing he would be able to help and I trusted his advice. I often would research things on my own and come to him with recommendations and he helped me to understand my unique situation and demonstrated that he was making decisions based off of my medical information and not just going through the motions.
[At Washington University Fertility] They were very flexible and reserved specific times a day for quick visits or blood work to ensure that they were able to provide flexibility...It was under $25K for 1 Fresh transfer cycle and medications, 1 Frozen embryo cycle and medications...Every time I met with Dr. Omurtag we talked about my specific concerns and he addressed my concerns with my medical results rather than just giving me generalized information or data from research articles.
Always do your research so that you will know what questions to ask along the way. This way you will be more confident and accepting of the results even if it does not end with a baby. Consider skipping the fresh transfer and starting with a frozen cycle. Ask Dr. Omurtag if that would make sense for your situation.
I can't remember everything I just know that it was customized for my situation. I researched various protocols and realized it is not a one size fits all.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Omurtag] spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions...I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag...I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here...
I honestly could not say enough about this entire [Wash U - CWE] clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic...
I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag. He spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions.
I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here. Don't wait, make your appointment now!
I never felt like a number at this practice. From the front office to the phlebotomists, the Ultrasound techs, the OR staff, Dr. Omurtag and other MD's that assisted with my procedures. Everyone I met here was truely amazing and felt like a friend or family member.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Meredith, Kathy, Mary)
The nurses were excellent! They were great with keeping me informed, relaying results and directions. They made sure I understood the protocols. I felt comfortable calling them if I had any questions.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I honestly could not say enough about this entire clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic.
2014 - 2016, Successful
We have very positive feelings about Dr. Omurtag, he is very personable and explained the entire process in detail and answered every question we had. He also gave us his thinking behind the treatment plan he formulated for us, as well as any changes made along the way. We never felt pressured to make a quick decision or to move on to a new treatment until we were ready physically, emotionally and financially. While we didn't see him every visit and he didn't perform every procedure, we felt very comfortable working with the other doctors in the practice and we knew we could set up a meeting, call or email him at any time.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors [at Wash U - CWE] take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Dr. Omurtag took the time to get to know us. He and his staff were always available to address our questions and concerns. When I miscarried at 11 weeks, he happened to be at the hospital and came to see us. He was very sympathetic, but also optimistic and encouraging.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I love how Dr. Omurtag would explain the course of treatment and would usually say it 3 times giving me time to process things and think of any questions I might have. He was always positive in things even if the course of treatment had to change or there was some kind of road block that came up. I always left his office feeling fully informed and having hope that things would work out in the end. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. :)...
I would have to schedule my appointment [at Wash U - MO Bapt] within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours... They [nurses] were all very friendly and helpful...
You are in amazing hands. Trust him completely.
Dr. Omurtag was very caring and took his time to explain things to me and what my options were. He kept track of me even when I wasn't seeing him at the time. When he found out we had our son, he personally called me to congratulate us. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner.
They were all very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
I would have to schedule my appointment within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours.
Most of my costs were covered by my insurance. I was only responsible for about 10% of the bill
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
He [Dr. Omurtag] was a bit in a rush. But knew what was going on. And always considered our questions or thoughts on potential alternatives ... He was a bit in a rush. But knew what was going on. And always considered our questions or thoughts on potential alternatives ... He recommended single. But decision was ours. ... Did the major procedures. Checked up on us. Overall great
They’re are a lot of doctors and nurses who seem very competent. ... The location is in the central west end and most of the appointment times seemed to be mid morning for us. The procedures where all done onsite ... Since it’s affiliate with WashU it seems like it’s more legit than a standalone practice. ... All total not including the medication it cost just over 20,000 as that was my companies reimbursement limit.
Very clear. To the point. Listened to our questions and considered there (e.g. considering massage therapy instead of tube removal). Had stickers on his laptop that once made him seem a bit less professional. But very personable. Did the major procedures. Checked up on us. Overall great
Trust him.
Gonal F and cetrotide
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They’re are a lot of doctors and nurses who seem very competent. Since it’s affiliate with WashU it seems like it’s more legit than a standalone practice. The location is in the central west end and most of the appointment times seemed to be mid morning for us. The procedures where all done onsite
About 14000 including a fresh transfer with medication costing additional 6000 and the frozen transfer costing about 2000. All total not including the medication it cost just over 20,000 as that was my companies reimbursement limit.
He recommended single. But decision was ours. He said for our case it would not increase the likelihood of conception
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is quick and to the point and always asks my partner how she feels. He even called after the baby was born to congratulate us and see how we were doing. He remembers your name and creates personal conversation with you. Where are you from....what do you like and dislike. Really an awesome down to earth guy...Everything was timing related. If there was an option he would clearly lay out the pros and cons and then let you decide. Very knowledgeable
The service there [Washington University] was always amazing. As many patients as they have...I always felt like I was the only one everytime...You always get a call back the same day you leave a message. I've always been able to get good appts and they always describe what to expect prior to arrival. Waiting time is very minimal. Front desk is always super nice and personable...Everyone is friendly and seems to know their job. They are always busy but never seem stressed. They always speak or smile no matter what
He is quick and to the point and always asks my partner how she feels. He even called after the baby was born to congratulate us and see how we were doing. He remembers your name and creates personal conversation with you. Where are you from....what do you like and dislike. Really an awesome down to earth guy
Trust him
The service there was always amazing. As many patients as they have...I always felt like I was the only one everytime
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I am military and had to pay out of pocket for all of my services
I had the option to move 2 due to my age. We discussed it and I ultimately said you are the dr. If this was you...what would you do. We got our answer and made our decision and everything worked out wonderfully
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
Instead of seeing a PA or a NP for the initial consultation, I met with Dr. Omurtag and he completed every step of the appointment. Since then, he has always been directly involved in the care that occurred at the appointments....Dr. Omurtag was willing to work with my husband and I as we struggled with insurance coverage through the state of Illinois. There was not a time that he was unwilling to consider alternative treatment options to meet our needs of starting a family....
The clinic [Wash U - Mo Bap] did not have a long waiting list, which was extremely important to me as time was not on our side. They are always willing to discuss appointments and information when I would call outside the appointments....Instead of seeing a PA or a NP for the initial consultation, I met with Dr. Omurtag and he completed every step of the appointment. Since then, he has always been directly involved in the care that occurred at the appointments.
Ask as many questions you would like, he is very knowledgeable!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic did not have a long waiting list, which was extremely important to me as time was not on our side. They are always willing to discuss appointments and information when I would call outside the appointments.
I am unsure of the actual costs from the treatments thus far. But I am a state of Illinois insurance carrier and he was more than willing to work with us even in the condition of the state of Illinois and not receiving payment for services. Other options were available to us.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was professional and kind. He gave us straightforward information and was honest in his expectations for success. He made us feel like he really cared about us and was available to talk when we were nervous, upset, or had a question...He was professional, thoughtful, and dedicated to helping us. I trusted that he was making solid decisions about our treatment. I knew that he and his team were working hard to figure out the best plan. We knew we were a tough case. While it took a while for us to conceive, he had prepared us for the long journey.
Meredith was friendly and made me feel comfortable all along the way. She was there to answer any questions whenever I needed her to...Between $20,000 & 25,000...We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Ask a lot of questions, trust their plan, and as hard as it is- be patient.
I don't remember the exact plans. We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: MEREDITH )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was kind and professional. The clinic was always clean and inviting.
Between $20,000 & 25,000
2014, Successful
I fully credit Dr Omurtag for our twin sons. After failed IUIs he gave us so much hope. He was attentive and always available to us. He was thorough and extremely thoughtful during a very stressful time. During the IVF process I couldnt have felt more comfortable or cared for than with Dr Omurtag & the Wash U staff. When we found out our sons were monodi (identical) he completely explained all that entailed and guided us in choosing a MFM. When our sons were born early due to TTTS he called us to check on them and then again after they were released from the NICU. I recommend him with confidence. He was a wonderful doctor.
Trust him. He knows his stuff!!
He was personally invested in our family. He was caring and kind. He felt like a friend though he was always extremely professional.
1 cancelled IVF cycle & 1 successful cycle. We had malev
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly ??)
Excellent care!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
No complaints. The clinic was great.
He suggested that we do one, but we elected to do two. Now that I went through a very high risk twin pregnancy I fully understand his concern.
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Omurtag] truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to us as well as explain everything on the medical end. He gives opinions but does not try to push us in a specific direction. We also loved that he was very personable and knowledgeable.... Antagonist protocol I was on lupron, gonal-f, Menopur, and then later progesterone.... He always took time to talk to us and knew exactly who we were every time we saw him.
Washington University keeps up with the latest research and has a high success rate. Their staff are personable and compassionate. They are quick and thorough when it comes to communication. They are willing to work with you, answer questions, and take time to listen.... He [Dr. Omurtag] always took time to talk to us and knew exactly who we were every time we saw him.
He truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to us as well as explain everything on the medical end. He gives opinions but does not try to push us in a specific direction. We also loved that he was very personable and knowledgeable.
Let him guide you through everything and trust his judgement.

2017, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person...He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
[The nurses at Washington University School of Medicine are] very personable...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
Dr. Omurtag took our particular situation and made us feel at ease that we were doing the best thing that fit what we wanted as parents and ad being an light patient. He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see.
Be patient
Just he took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person
The nurses like dr omurtag are very personable
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Go in and see, and always be patient
Cost is nothing compared to having a baby it was all worth it. Insurance covered most appt but not actual procedure

2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Omurtag] was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful....We are still in the middle of treatment but so far he has been honest and encouraging with us. We had some setbacks in not getting the number of follicles we hoped for and he talked us through our options. He was honest but also hopeful.
It's a bigger clinic [Washington U - CWE] so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him...The nursing staff was kind and compassionate. I felt well taken care of and that my questions and concerns were all addressed in a timely manner...We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00...Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves and Dr. Omurtag is willing to answer all questions.
He was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It's a bigger clinic so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him.
We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take.... My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they [Washington University School of Medicine] really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.... Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take. He gave me all the options and helped me think through our next steps which then resulted in a birth.
Dr. Omurtag was amazing. My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
Don’t be afraid to talk to him and get all your questions answer befor starting the process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation...He listened to all of my concerns and showed great empathy. He would discuss the current literature with me. He always helped me stay positive. He was genuinely concerned with my outcome...
Very friendly staff [at Wash U - CWE] and nice facilities...Andrea was beyond amazing. She always called me back right away and listened to my concerns...I was switched to the antagonist protocol after my egg quality was not great on the first cycle...
Trust Dr. Omurtag!
He and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very friendly staff and nice facilities.
It was covered under insurance.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.