9.8

3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag is an outstanding physician! He's a warm and friendly person who makes you feel welcome during a doctor visit, especially with how difficult or delicate the situation is at hand...His bedside manner is above reproach. He doesn't talk over your head and will gladly answer any and all of your questions to put your mind at ease...At my retrieval, they extracted 15 follicles, of which 12 were good to fertilize. Four out of six fertilized with the conventional method and five of the other six with ICSI.
This clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] has their stuff together! I didn't feel like I was rushed into anything and I was given lots of information to make an informed decision with my care. Everyone from counselors, billers, secretaries, to the nursing staff and physicians were genuinely caring! I can't really think of any weaknesses that this clinic has!...My global self-pay package was about $12,600, not including medication, for IVF (fresh cycle). It included pre-IVF procedure, IVF retrieval plus ICSI, IVF transfer, and post-IVF procedure. For me, my meds ranged from $3,000 to $4,000.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag is an outstanding physician! He's a warm and friendly person who makes you feel welcome during a doctor visit, especially with how difficult or delicate the situation is at hand. As an example, I felt uncomfortable with an SHG and trial transfer that we allowed a Fellow perform under his guidance, and Dr. Omurtag distracted me with talking about everyday things, like baseball, which I enjoy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
The advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Omurtag would be to speak up and ask questions - even if you feel it's a dumb question - there are NO dumb questions to him! He's very knowledgeable, so use that to help you make an informed decision about your fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag is a very sincere and respectful physician. His bedside manner is above reproach. He doesn't talk over your head and will gladly answer any and all of your questions to put your mind at ease.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and Dr. Omurtag put me on the Long GnRH Agonist regimen. It went over 2 menstrual cycles, utilizing birth control pills beginning on CD4 (preventing pregnancy) until all active pills were taken. On CD 21, I started 20 units of Lupron ( to block ovulation) for 21 days. I started my period around this time, beginning the second cycle of the long regimen. I had an ultrasound and estradiol check to confirm suppression. Then in cycle 2, I used varying doses of Gonal F and Menopur (to stimulate my ovaries to make follicles.) Gonal F started on CD6 at 225iu, then decreased to 150iu on CD9 until last dose on CD15. I started 75iu of Menopur on CD9 through CD12. One day of 150iu of Menopur on CD13, then 75iu CD14 through CD15. I stopped all meds on CD16 for my retrieval on CD18. At my retrieval, they extracted 15 follicles, of which 12 were good to fertilize. Four out of six fertilized with the conventional method and five of the other six with ICSI.
The nursing staff for Dr. Omurtag were excellent! I don't feel like I was rushed through or felt that I was just another number. They were very friendly and supportive through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic has their stuff together! I didn't feel like I was rushed into anything and I was given lots of information to make an informed decision with my care. Everyone from counselors, billers, secretaries, to the nursing staff and physicians were genuinely caring! I can't really think of any weaknesses that this clinic has!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
My global self-pay package was about $12,600, not including medication, for IVF (fresh cycle). It included pre-IVF procedure, IVF retrieval plus ICSI, IVF transfer, and post-IVF procedure. For me, my meds ranged from $3,000 to $4,000. I also sought out rebates, coupons, etc, to help off-set those medicine costs.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr Omurtag seemed okay with my decision to transfer 2 embryos, informing me of the risks/benefits and not trying to persuade me either way. He was quite supportive. However, on the day of the transfer, another doctor (Dr. Randal Odem) performed it because he was being on call that week. He double checked with me and my decision to do two, informing me one last time of benefits/risks of transferring two, but I backed out and only had them transfer one embryo. I went on to have a successful singleton pregnancy and live birth of this fresh cycle.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Washington University Physicians Department of reproductive endocrinology has a very impersonal approach to IVF. You are unlikely to go through the cycle with your chosen doctor, they will not customize a protocol or attempt to think outside the box to fix your protocol if your body is not reacting like it's supposed to. If your body doesn't react like a normal person's body, you will not get pregnant with this Clinic.... My PPO insurance does cover infertility.
Dr.Omurtag seems like a nice guy, but at the core of it he really does not care if you get pregnant or not. When we first saw this doctor we were essentially told that we had a greater than 60% chance of success for one cycle of IVF and that most likely since it was male Factor infertility we were battling one cycle would be all it would take. Our first cycle of IVF they retrieved 13 eggs, only 4 were mature, and only one embryo was created. Dr. Omurtag brushed this off as a fluke and we tried again. Washington University only has certain set protocols in place, they do not customize a protocol for the way your body reacts. If you don't fit perfectly into the box then you are not going to have success at this Clinic. Additionally, the doctor making decisions about your care is going to be whatever doctor happens to be on call for IVF that week and they may not know your case or your history at all.
Don't.
This doctor made flippant remarks about how it's all a numbers game and we only need one embryo implying that there's no use trying for more than one
My first cycle of IVF was a long Agonist protocol. We did Lupron for 10 days I think, followed by stimulation with follistim and menopur. I triggered with HCG for my retrieval. My second cycle of IVF was different, I did not use Lupron at all instead they had me simulate with follistim and menopur and ganirelix was used towards the end with an HCG trigger
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
My PPO insurance does cover infertility. The Physician and anesthesiologist fees are prepaid before they will schedule your cycle and it was $600 even. They have a surgical room attached to their office and it bills you as a free-standing Surgical Center for Missouri Baptist and my 20% coinsurance was over $2,800 for one cycle
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.... He did the basic ivf routine each time, when I did find out I was pregnant, he had me take baby aspirin and shots of progesterone and lovenox due to MTHFR and PI1.... He would call after hours to go over things and explain in detail what our next steps would be
The clinic [Washington Univ School of Med-STL] was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that... Most of the nursing staff were great and very nice! My coordinator was very unreliable in answering calls, wouldn’t respond with urgent matters and when calling to tell me my beta, was not sympathetic. I wasn’t a fan of hers but I stuck with it to see Dr. O.
He is very thorough, understanding and determined. He listened to my concerns and even when he didn’t think things were necessary, he ran tests to give me peace of mind. He gave us our twins and we couldn’t be more grateful!
He can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that. I have nothing bad to say!
We were lucky enough to have fertility coverage with our insurance. We ran out of funds just before our final transfer so we paid out of pocket for that. I believe it was $1,000. In total, we spent $16k
We transferred 1 resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Next we transferred 2 resulting in a neg. Finally we transferred 2 again and now have twins! It’s a choice you have to make for yourself I feel. Be prepared for each embryo to stick. There’s always a possibility!
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
I was due to take an injection and it needed to be sent to the pharmacy and I also needed to know the amount. I called and left several messages and did not get a call back. It was getting close to the office being closed and it would have ruined my whole cycle had I not taken this shot. Luckily I was able to connect with someone at the front desk who walked back to my coordinator and demanded to take my call. It ended up working out but it was a close call and I would have lost a cycle and the money spent for ultrasounds blood work and medication leading up to this.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Omurtag] spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions...I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag...I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here...
I honestly could not say enough about this entire [Wash U - CWE] clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic...
I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag. He spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions.
I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here. Don't wait, make your appointment now!
I never felt like a number at this practice. From the front office to the phlebotomists, the Ultrasound techs, the OR staff, Dr. Omurtag and other MD's that assisted with my procedures. Everyone I met here was truely amazing and felt like a friend or family member.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Meredith, Kathy, Mary)
The nurses were excellent! They were great with keeping me informed, relaying results and directions. They made sure I understood the protocols. I felt comfortable calling them if I had any questions.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I honestly could not say enough about this entire clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was referred to me by my gynecologist. Her exact words were "every time I send him a patient they come back to me pregnant within the year." So I went to him believing he would be able to help and I trusted his advice. I often would research things on my own and come to him with recommendations and he helped me to understand my unique situation and demonstrated that he was making decisions based off of my medical information and not just going through the motions.
[At Washington University Fertility] They were very flexible and reserved specific times a day for quick visits or blood work to ensure that they were able to provide flexibility...It was under $25K for 1 Fresh transfer cycle and medications, 1 Frozen embryo cycle and medications...Every time I met with Dr. Omurtag we talked about my specific concerns and he addressed my concerns with my medical results rather than just giving me generalized information or data from research articles.
Always do your research so that you will know what questions to ask along the way. This way you will be more confident and accepting of the results even if it does not end with a baby. Consider skipping the fresh transfer and starting with a frozen cycle. Ask Dr. Omurtag if that would make sense for your situation.
I can't remember everything I just know that it was customized for my situation. I researched various protocols and realized it is not a one size fits all.
2014 - 2016, Successful
We have very positive feelings about Dr. Omurtag, he is very personable and explained the entire process in detail and answered every question we had. He also gave us his thinking behind the treatment plan he formulated for us, as well as any changes made along the way. We never felt pressured to make a quick decision or to move on to a new treatment until we were ready physically, emotionally and financially. While we didn't see him every visit and he didn't perform every procedure, we felt very comfortable working with the other doctors in the practice and we knew we could set up a meeting, call or email him at any time.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors [at Wash U - CWE] take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Dr. Omurtag took the time to get to know us. He and his staff were always available to address our questions and concerns. When I miscarried at 11 weeks, he happened to be at the hospital and came to see us. He was very sympathetic, but also optimistic and encouraging.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was professional and kind. He gave us straightforward information and was honest in his expectations for success. He made us feel like he really cared about us and was available to talk when we were nervous, upset, or had a question...He was professional, thoughtful, and dedicated to helping us. I trusted that he was making solid decisions about our treatment. I knew that he and his team were working hard to figure out the best plan. We knew we were a tough case. While it took a while for us to conceive, he had prepared us for the long journey.
Meredith was friendly and made me feel comfortable all along the way. She was there to answer any questions whenever I needed her to...Between $20,000 & 25,000...We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Ask a lot of questions, trust their plan, and as hard as it is- be patient.
I don't remember the exact plans. We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: MEREDITH )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was kind and professional. The clinic was always clean and inviting.
Between $20,000 & 25,000
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess

2015, Successful
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists [WashU- CWE]. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us!... Andrea was very caring, understanding and patient. With how many hormonal women she deals with on a daily basis she never let any of my frustrations or emotions frustrate her. I felt comfortable speaking with her about concerns I had and asking questions.
I really appreciated that Dr. Omurtag was willing to take my husband and I's concerns/opinions into account. He performed a scratch test, which at the time, had only been researched on women who had failed IVF cycles. Knowing the benefits of the scratch test I was adamant that I wanted it done. Dr. Omurtag explained the risks and research but respected our feelings. He was always positive but sure to explain the realistic side of things. He took the time to meet with my husband and I multiple times after our initial doctor left the practice without warning.
To not be afraid to explain your opinions or feelings on the procedure. It is ultimately your body and baby and he is very cognizant of that and won't make you feel intimated about asking questions.
Dr. Omurtag spoke to my husband and I as an individual couple and not as a statistic or in general terms. He sent messages to check on us even after our daughter was born and thanked us for the birth announcements/christmas card we sent.
All of the procedures, aside from the scratch test, were used specifically for someone with my diagnoses and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us! We unfortunately were with WASHU when Dr. Cooper left the practice without notice. We were one of her patients and that was very scary for us. We weren't notified and I found out when I came in for blood work which was not ideal. Thankfully between Andrea contacting us and meeting with Dr. Omurtag things turned around and we are glad we continued our care with them.
I dont remember, somewhere in the range of $15,000 with medication
WASHU's goal is one healthy singleton but there are considerations when making the decision on how many embryos to transfer. In our situation we had one that wasn't a great quality and the embryologist did not think would make to freeze but had a slight chance with transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
I am referring to Dr. Coopers abrupt removal(?) or leaving of (?) the clinic and the lack of communication to us about the situation.
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds [at Washington University School of Medicine] and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
He was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
He really cares about his patients and puts you at ease for such a stressful process of trying to conceive
He really took the time to talk with us (husband) and go over our options, what the chances were. He was amazing in taking time to e-mail and call us to check in and see how we were doing, if we had any questions or needed anything. I really felt like he was part of our team
he went over our options and then after doing the testing told us what would be the most successful option for us. I cant recall which treatment it was for IVF but he did let us know that IUIs were not a good option for us and so we didn't consider that again
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I thought it was easy to get in and out of, clean, professional and had top of the line equipment
I never added the total up since we were successful, I don't care the cost since we have a baby now
2015, Successful
[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children...First, I had an ultrasound to look at my uterus. I just had an hsg so we looked at the xrays. I had a saline ultrasound to determine how they would get to where they needed to implant. I also had an outpatient surgery to open up my cervix I believe I was on the long agonist protocol. I had to take birth control for 1 month before I began the meds. Everything worked out good and I had day 5 embryos with 38 eggs retrieved. I had 13 embryos frozen and 1 embryo implanted. It took and we have a healthy baby boy.
Kenan is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
He treated us like a person and was very compassionate and real with process
They took the time to answer all my questions and were very compassionate towards me.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
One of the secretaries wasn't very nice when answering questions or over billing issues. It was not the one with brown curly hair, she remembered us and was very nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
First come first serve. We arrived the time the doors open and usually only had to wait briefly.
He worked very well with Blue Cross out of Illinois. Out of the total of around 30k billed for everything including drug cost we were only responsible for around 2500 bucks plus 700 a year for embryo storage for our frozen embryos.
2015, Successful
The [Washington University School of Medicine] clinic is quite nice and is part of BJC the most prestigious hospital in Missouri. Their facilities were clean and seemed well organized. I did feel that as warm as the nursing and medical staff was there was a stark contrast with the receptionist team. I felt it may have been due to their responsibilities associated with collecting fees (which is never fun) but just something I noticed. Otherwise everything seemed pretty standard.
My review of Dr. Omurtag is not based on the success of our treatment but completely based on our experience and not the outcome. Dr. Omurtag can be described as an individual who is passionate about the work he does and is involved in. In our introductory meeting he was incredibly straight forward about the pros and cons involved in the procedure we were looking into while maintaining a positive tone. As we moved through the process of IVF Dr. Omurtag worked hard to continue to build rapport with me and it was refreshing.
Dr. Omurtag works with various partners at their practice and all of them are fantastic. One of the partners handled the transfer of our embryo the first go around and was incredibly patient and warm. Since he works in a practice you may not see Dr. Omurtag at every visit, but rest assured you are in good hands.
Dr. Omurtag was incredibly personable and tried to create an environment in which you felt more like a friend than a patient. He was not afraid to answer any question I posed regardless of how ridiculous it may have seemed.
Both the nursing staff and care coordinator we worked with at Wash U were top notch. Super pleasant, great bed side manners and took the time to get to know you as a person. I could call my care coordinator and she would respond back within the hour and was always ready to address my questions, requests or concerns. Excellent team, that made the experience as positive as it was.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is quite nice and is part of BJC the most prestigious hospital in Missouri. Their facilities were clean and seemed well organized. I did feel that as warm as the nursing and medical staff was there was a stark contrast with the receptionist team. I felt it may have been due to their responsibilities associated with collecting fees (which is never fun) but just something I noticed. Otherwise everything seemed pretty standard.
They were quite reasonable based on what we were aware of in the area. The pricing was based on the services and was inclusive of all of the services with the exception of any medication.
Dr. Omurtag was actually quite confident in regards to his thoughts on eSET vs multiple. When my husband and I decided to transfer a 3 day embryo which Dr. Omurtag supported, but suggested we go with a multiple embryo transfer. For our second transfer which was an fet he suggested we go with eSET based on our initial success and since we were using a blastocyst.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I love how Dr. Omurtag would explain the course of treatment and would usually say it 3 times giving me time to process things and think of any questions I might have. He was always positive in things even if the course of treatment had to change or there was some kind of road block that came up. I always left his office feeling fully informed and having hope that things would work out in the end. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. :)...
I would have to schedule my appointment [at Wash U - MO Bapt] within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours... They [nurses] were all very friendly and helpful...
You are in amazing hands. Trust him completely.
Dr. Omurtag was very caring and took his time to explain things to me and what my options were. He kept track of me even when I wasn't seeing him at the time. When he found out we had our son, he personally called me to congratulate us. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner.
They were all very friendly and helpful.
I would have to schedule my appointment within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours.
Most of my costs were covered by my insurance. I was only responsible for about 10% of the bill

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation...He listened to all of my concerns and showed great empathy. He would discuss the current literature with me. He always helped me stay positive. He was genuinely concerned with my outcome...
Very friendly staff [at Wash U - CWE] and nice facilities...Andrea was beyond amazing. She always called me back right away and listened to my concerns...I was switched to the antagonist protocol after my egg quality was not great on the first cycle...
Trust Dr. Omurtag!
He and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very friendly staff and nice facilities.
It was covered under insurance.
2014, Successful
Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me...He spoke to me in a caring manner and made sure that I understood everything that was happening. He made me feel like a person each step of the way and made sure that I was comfortable. He always knew me by name and my spouse. He took the time to ask how I was, my family and my older child...
The [Was U - CWE] clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained...The nursing staff was very caring and sweet during all the processes. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable with everything that was happening...If you have any questions be honest with him and he will be honest with you. He was very good at going over things we didn't understand and making sure that i knew what was happening each step of the way...
Dr Omurtag was beyond wonderful. I would recommend him and the drs at Wash U to anyone that is going to be going through ivf treatment. I had a dr prior to him that was awful and did not take my feelings into any consideration. The drs at Wash U and Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me.
When i went to see Dr Omurtag I knew I wanted to do ivf and did not want to do any other treatment. He was very open to that and let me make that choice. He used injectable drugs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained.
I do not remember all the costs as the ivf was covered by my insurance. So i only had to pay my ded/opx.
2014, Successful
I fully credit Dr Omurtag for our twin sons. After failed IUIs he gave us so much hope. He was attentive and always available to us. He was thorough and extremely thoughtful during a very stressful time. During the IVF process I couldnt have felt more comfortable or cared for than with Dr Omurtag & the Wash U staff. When we found out our sons were monodi (identical) he completely explained all that entailed and guided us in choosing a MFM. When our sons were born early due to TTTS he called us to check on them and then again after they were released from the NICU. I recommend him with confidence. He was a wonderful doctor.
Trust him. He knows his stuff!!
He was personally invested in our family. He was caring and kind. He felt like a friend though he was always extremely professional.
1 cancelled IVF cycle & 1 successful cycle. We had malev
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly ??)
Excellent care!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
No complaints. The clinic was great.
He suggested that we do one, but we elected to do two. Now that I went through a very high risk twin pregnancy I fully understand his concern.