9.9

Cooper City
9900 Stirling Rd
Hollywood, FL 33024
954-433-7060

Dr Gelman used a less aggressive stimulation protocol with me due to my age- 41yrs old (less drugs) than my previous doctor and it seems the protocol was better - we got more embryos with his protocol than with my previous doctor. He also insisted on using the genetic testing on the embryos which we did for two cycles, when all results came back bad, he proposed trying transfer without testing embryos. this is what we're doing right now
The financial team [at IVFMD- S. FL Institute- Miami] seemed a little cold at first. The rest of the team good and accommodating. I felt good during each visit from seeing the phlebotomist to the nurses that were doing my ultrasound.... I worked with WinFertility (their cost was below the cost of the clinic)... Personalized service, nurses knew patients by name. Clinic was accommodating around my schedule/ vacation days. All questions addressed
How was your experience with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Gelman is a good doctor. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Did a complete set of tests, more than my previous fertility doctor did. He is for an open dialog, doctor to patient. He will tell you his opinion, proposed a treatment and wants your feedback and open dialog to discuss your thoughts, looks for your agreement and acceptance of the plan. He wants to be sure you understand and agree with what will be done.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Do your homework (some reading on the subject) so you can have open discussion with the doctor , ask questions and understand all that's being done. This doctor appreciate your opinion on the subject.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kenneth Gelman used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne)
always made sure I understand the instructions (she was leaving me detailed messages with instructions, repeating info to make sure I understood).
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The financial team seemed a little cold at first. The rest of the team good and accommodating. I felt good during each visit from seeing the phlebotomist to the nurses that were doing my ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I worked with WinFertility (their cost was below the cost of the clinic).
Describe Kenneth Gelman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I believe he follows recommendation by CDC , by age for eSET (for me he agreed to transfer two embryos as Im 41 years old)

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Gelman was always very nice. He would e-mail me back with information regarding my test results and was always there if I needed to ask a question...He was very thorough with his explanations. I was given a hystersonogram to check to see if my tubes were blocked but we were never trying to get pregnant we were always going to use a gestational carrier. I thought that was unnecessary for us to have had since I was never going to be carrying the child or trying to get pregnant myself.
There are several locations [of IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well...They [nurses] were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
He was always very clear on what we should expect and what the entire process would be like. He was very thorough with his explanations. I was given a hystersonogram to check to see if my tubes were blocked but we were never trying to get pregnant we were always going to use a gestational carrier. I thought that was unnecessary for us to have had since I was never going to be carrying the child or trying to get pregnant myself.
Dr. Gelman is always open and honest with any questions you bring to the table. When you go to see him bring every question you have and he will make sure that each question is answered.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
There are several locations that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well.
We just did preliminary testing with Dr. G. I think we did get the price sheet and with PGS testing and 2 cycles of retrievals was going to be around $22k.
We were wanting 1 baby and we were going to do PGS testing since we were using a gestational carrier. Dr. G stated that he thought we should transfer 2 PGS tested embryos.
Miami

He [Dr. Gelman] is experienced and did provide the information and wealth of knowledge needed. Will it work? Too early to know. We will know when we have gone through the frozen embryo transfer or fresh transfer with him.... [IVF MD S. Fl Inst for Repro Med] Need more compassionate one on one care. It is not bad, but sometimes the wait times can be long! That can be improved. Also, the financial department can get better.
[IVF MD S. Fl Inst for Repro Med] Need more compassionate one on one care. It is not bad, but sometimes the wait times can be long! That can be improved. Also, the financial department can get better. They are not very responsive and don’t treat you as humans....they can have a more compassionate approach. But the best thing is that we can email them and hear back from them almost immediately.
He is experienced and did provide the information and wealth of knowledge needed. Will it work? Too early to know. We will know when we have gone through the frozen embryo transfer or fresh transfer with him.
Ask all the questions
The organization can be better. But definitely heard back via email almost immediately if I asked a question.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It did feel like a cattle call.
Around $13000 for a fresh IVF cycle.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
As I mentioned before, they can have a more compassionate approach. But the best thing is that we can email them and hear back from them almost immediately.