Medical SchoolSUNY Downstate
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
223 North Van Dien Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
201-447-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Keri Greenseid to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Valley Hospital Fertility Center to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Greenseid is very personable and compassionate...When she had a question regarding a diagnostic procedure, she suggested a colleague re-perform the examination to ensure that her findings were 100% accurate; it is not my experience that many people would admit that a colleague may be better able to diagnose or assess her/his patient. We hope to begin a second cycle shortly, and haven't even briefly considered another physician.
European, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Keri Greenseid at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
While our cycle was not successful, and there have been MANY setbacks over the past year delaying a second cycle, I have always felt confident in and comfortable with Dr. Greenseid. When our first cycle failed - and each time a setback occurred - Dr. Greenseid communicated directly and personally with us. She has always shown care and compassion, and seems truly invested in our success. She answers questions thoroughly, and we never feel rushed. She seems humble and honest, which are extremely important characteristics in a physician, in my opinion. When she had a question regarding a diagnostic procedure, she suggested a colleague re-perform the examination to ensure that her findings were 100% accurate; it is not my experience that many people would admit that a colleague may be better able to diagnose or assess her/his patient. We hope to begin a second cycle shortly, and haven't even briefly considered another physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keri Greenseid at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
Ask questions. She will answer (honestly) any and all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keri Greenseid at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
Dr Greenseid is very personable and compassionate. She calls directly (not nurses or receptionists) and discusses plans openly. She truly seems to care and be invested in our success.
Describe the protocols Keri Greenseid used in your cycles at Valley Hospital Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We underwent a reciprocal ivf procedure. My wife and I began with birth control pills to synchronize our cycles. I believe my wife was on the antagonist protocol due to age (under 35). I received Lupron, extrace, and progesterone in oil to prepare my uterus for the transfer. 13 eggs were retrieved from my wife and fertilized with donor sperm, and two were transferred to me on day 5. Unfortunately the cycle was not successful and there were no embryos to freeze.
Every nurse we encountered was friendly and helpful. All phone calls were returned in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Very accessible Friendly and knowledgeable physicians and nurses Short wait times for monitoring Clear instructions for medications/treatment plans
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keri Greenseid at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Approximately $18000 (insurance did not cover)
Describe Keri Greenseid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Dr Greenseid planned for a single embryo transfer (due to age, as I understand). However, the two embryos left on day 5 were not of good quality, so both were transferred.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Greenseid is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to share everything she knows. She explains things clearly and throughly. Dr. Greenseid will not sugar coat anything for you. She wants you to know exactly what you are in for, good or bad, which is so amazing. There is never any false hope. We've been through so much with Dr. Greenseid, more bad than good. But she has never once given up hope, which is part of what's kept us going back for more. Using Dr. Greenseid was one of the best decisions we've ever made. I think after all of our heartbreak along this journey, knowing that we're in such great hands, has kept us moving forward.
You will not find another doctor like her! If you want a smart, caring, kind doctor who will be your biggest cheerleader, then this is who you want to see.
Dr. Greenseid ALWAYS takes the time to explain everything to us. She always makes time to talk to us when we are feeling nervous or overwhelmed with the process.
We did 3 retrievals using different protocols. We sent our embryos for PGS testing before doing a frozen transfer.
All of the nurses are fabulous. They treat everyone with kindness and know exactly what to say and how to say it. It takes a special kind of person to do this job (especially so early in the morning, every morning). The nurses at Valley always take the time to answer my questions. They call back quickly. They are all so extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Depending on the day/week/month, it could be very busy or very empty. If you get there early, the wait wasn't that bad. Monitoring hours are run very efficiently.
Our insurance covered most of it! We paid the biopsy fees, the PGD fees, embryo storage fees, and a few other small things.
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Keri was very sensitive to my needs and requests. I felt very comfortable in her care (and the other doctors there, too). That comfort was something I didn't have at other fertility centers. She was encouraging, realistic, and enthusiastic. She cried when she told me that I was pregnant. She is devoted to this job...I had had enough of the shots and medicines and asked for a "natural" cycle. Dr. Greenseid was willing to try (not normal procedure at their offices) and miraculously it worked. Prior to that, we had done HSG and a uterine wall test. They were done to ensure there were no obstructions or cysts and to be sure that my uterine wall was thick enough etc.
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Be aware that you won't always see her - but she does try to schedule transfers for a day she's working.
Keri was incredibly sensitive and empathetic. She called me personally with results good and bad. She cried on the phone when she told me I was pregnant.
We did a standard IVF cycle with a high yield of eggs. We froze the resulting embryos. Best embryos were transferred first. All fairly standard procedure. By the time we were down to our last frozen embryos I had had enough of the shots and medicines and asked for a "natural" cycle. Dr. Greenseid was willing to try (not normal procedure at their offices) and miraculously it worked. Prior to that, we had done HSG and a uterine wall test. They were done to ensure there were no obstructions or cysts and to be sure that my uterine wall was thick enough etc.
Most of the staff were compassionate and gentle. One nurse always had what seemed to be a bad attitude in the exam rooms, but overall I was very happy with the staff.
Describe your experience with Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
The hours and location were very convenient. They were efficient and organized. Wait time in the mornings was generally quick. One doctor seemed to move a bit slower than the other two. Not many weaknesses as a clinic.
Typically the wait was quick. The phlebotomists were very gentle. One doctor seemed to move the line a bit more slowly (or he was late - not sure) so those days were a little bit frustrating. But the staff moved things along efficiently and quickly
About $25,000 for the IVF cycle and multiple FET
What specific things went wrong at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
2010 - 2012
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her.
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
We were under the care of her practice for almost 2 years so I saw all the doctors and they were all good but she had a special bed side manner that was really nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Trust that she has the experience. We as patients look at others experiences and google everything but she is the one that has truly seen it all and knows how to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her. She called me when I had my second positive pregnancy test even though it was the nurses job- she called and shrieked with excitement that it was positive and told me to pretend I didn't already know when the nurse called. It was like she was rooting for us all along. She also recommended IVF right away, the first time we met with her and she said " I want to get you pregnant just as bad as you want to get pregnant".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Schmidt)
Kim was not my favorite person at IRMS. She assumed that patients knew everything and you had to constantly ask her to explain things. She was short and not so compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
In Hoboken it was such a small office it was pretty easy although they share an office with an OBGYN so you are in a waiting room with pregnant women which I thought was very tacky. The larger office at St Barbabus in Livingston was hard to find the first time and they didn't answer the phones on the weekends which was ridiculous ( if you had never been there and showed up for monitoring you couldn't call anyone to see where to go). The office was huge and it was always busy but they were very quick.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas
Hoboken
IVF, Donor Eggs
She was kind, took her time with me during each visit (and there were many!) and patiently traveled with me on my long journey, trying different methods as we went along, until something worked.
European, Latino
IVF, Donor Eggs
I was always eager to see Dr. Greenseid. I knew she was my primary cheerleader and let me make the decisions I needed to make while giving me all the information I needed.
Listen to everything she has to say. She is the expert. Take everything in.
Kim was my lifeline. I could not have done this without her. Any e-mail I sent was responded to within minutes. Any phone call, within the hour. I felt such a connection with her that I was excited to return to show off my beautiful baby.
Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas