Medical SchoolMed Col of Wisconsin
Raynham, MA 02767
800 858-4832
49 Seekonk Street
Providence, RI 02906
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kerri Luzzo to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF New England to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very friendly and personable. She was direct with expectations and explained everything thoroughly. She always answered questions clearly. I didn't meet with her as often as I would have liked. I would have preferred her doing the iuis.... She gave me the information and allowed me to make the decisions.... She gave me the option of a medicated or unmedicated frozen transfer. I opted for medicated and that cycle resulted in my child.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
She is very friendly and personable. She was direct with expectations and explained everything thoroughly. She always answered questions clearly. I didn't meet with her as often as I would have liked. I would have preferred her doing the iuis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
No real advice. I would recommend her
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
The office in providence was small and personal. You get to know the staff.
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at IVF New England and their degree of success.
We started with unmedicated iui. After two failed rounds we moved to medicated iui with clomid. I chose not to do monitored cycles since I was paying out of pocket. I do t recall the specifics of the fresh ivf cycle. I opted not to test the embryos. She gave me the option of a medicated or unmedicated frozen transfer. I opted for medicated and that cycle resulted in my child. She gave me the information and allowed me to make the decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Everyone was friendly
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The location and hours were convenient for me. They did not do the egg retrievals or fets there so I had to go to Lexington for those which is a long drive. Most of my iui were done at this office, however, I did some at the urology office because they were cheaper. I didn't like that I had to store the sperm at the urology office. It would have been more convenient to store it at the fertility clinic
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
You were given a time but it was really first come first serve. You had to get there before they opened to get in and out quickly. Otherwise there would be a bit of a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England.
Iui was $450. The rest was covered by insurance. Copay for ivf meds were pricey, but that was insurance related costs.
Providence
If you decide to go through treatment with her [Dr Kerri Luzzo], you are making a great decision!...She is very intelligent and kind. She took time to evaluate our situation at our consultation, ordered the appropriate tests, and then spent time going over our results with us. She took into account our concerns and preferences and planned our protocols accordingly. I was able to schedule appointments with her that were not too far in the future. She is always pleasant and I truly look forward to all of our appointments with her!
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
If you decide to go through treatment with her, you are making a great decision!
On several occasions, she called us herself to deliver news. Each time I called the office, I was able to speak to my nurse or leave a message and receive a call back in a short time.
Our original diagnosis was unexplained infertility, with a suspicion of ovulation dysfunction, and no male factor issues. So we tried two IUI cycles with Clomid, the first with 50mg and the second with 100mg. Both times, I produced a good sized follicle and my husbands number were excellent. But neither led to a pregnancy. We completed an IVF cycle using an antagonist protocol. After approximately 3 weeks of birth control, we began injections with 100 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur to help me produce many follicles. Over time, the Follistim dosage was reduced as I was responding well, and Cetrotide (the antagonist) was added to prevent premature ovulation, prior to the scheduled retrieval. I used a Lupron trigger, because based on the number of follicles I had developed, I was at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome which can cause issues if an HCG trigger is used. The doctor retrieved 21 eggs, 17 fertilized, and we ended up with 15 embryos to freeze. We had to freeze them all due to the OHSS risk.
She is very knowledgable and has been working in this field for a long time. She was always able to answer my questions herself, or she checked with the doctor and provided a response in a timely fashion. Each day when I was monitored, she thoroughly explained my results and provided clear instructions for nexts steps. I felt as though I could all with questions anytime.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic overall is very organized and efficient. This allows them to see the number of patients they need to see each day. They do bloodwork and ultrasounds in the mornings, and call with results and instructions in the afternoon. The ultrasound/sonographer is the best of the best. And the phlebotomists are skilled and friendly. All of the clerical staff is very friendly and helpful on the phone as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
There were often many women in the waiting room at the same time because the monitoring window was relatively short. However, the staff members were always very courteous and took the necessary time with each patient. I never felt rushed or like my tme was being wasted.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Luzzo made us feel like their was hope, but gave us the straight information...and we wanted both.... She was candid, but kind and gave us the straight up answers when we asked questions. She didn't sugarcoat things and we liked that.... It was a pretty standard IVF cycle, although she did provide a little different protocol in terms of the drugs and increased the estrogen for the treatment.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
I think Dr. Luzzo was exactly what we wanted in a doctor. She was better than our previous one who had a better reputation. She was candid, but kind and gave us the straight up answers when we asked questions. She didn't sugarcoat things and we liked that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Just be ready to hear the truth. She will give it to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She seemed very empathetic. She knew her stuff and that is always important. She seemed to get her job done quickly and proficiently.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I think Boston IVF can be a great clinic, but because they are so large you get handed off to different doctors and we had to go to different clinics for different procedures. I like the fact that they have a whole mind, body, spirit component with IVF. They offer a support group that I joined that was helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Most of the appointments were in the early morning so it was first come, first serve. That can be a little nerve wracking, but I got into my appointments all the time before I went to work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Our insurance covered practically all of the costs and Dr. Luzzo was honest with us about additional procedures like Donor Eggs and PGS. We actually saved some money based upon her advice regarding Donor Eggs.
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Boston IVF only does single transfer to prevent multiples. Our previous doctor did not. We did have a pregnancy with the previous clinic, but it resulted in a miscarriage.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Boston IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
She [Dr. Luzzo] is warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and realistic. She switched up my protocol and my very first cycle with her was successful...She diagnosed me with lean PCOS, something the first doctor missed...listens to her patients. She makes a plan based on your specific needs...After 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages Dr. Luzzo suggested I go on the blood thinner lovenox. Instead of doing estradiol which I did with my first clinic, I took letrezole for 5 days. That was all I needed to do leading up to my FET. I am currently 29 weeks with twin boys after transferring 2 embryos.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
Dr Luzzo was the second doctor I saw after 2 failed IUIs and 4 failed FETs. She diagnosed me with lean PCOS, something the first doctor missed. She is warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and realistic. She switched up my protocol and my very first cycle with her was successful.
Ask questions and be open with her.
She is warm and actually listens to her patients. She makes a plan based on your specific needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Shaw)
Everyone on the nursing staff was so nice. My coordinator was Wendy and she was absolutely amazing. I really liked that it was her who called each time with results, it FET more personal.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
It is a small clinic and not open on Sundays. On days that were busy blood work may take a little longer than usual. I liked how I only ever had two ultrasound techs, and my coordinator. One thing is even though monitoring is and most testing is done in Providence you would have to go to MA for transfers and occasionally even monitoring of it needed to be done on a Sunday.
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF New England.
Even though I had cycled 4 times in the past, Dr. Luzzo really pushed to do an eSET to start as it would be the first time cycling with her. Although I totally trusted her I opted to go against medical advice and transfer two since this would be my 5th FET.
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I didn't get the results I wanted but she was a good doctor. She adjusted treatments as needed and was willing to try new things. She had good availability for appointments...She took the time time to individualize treatment plans...Highest doses of follistim for estrogen priming protocol and an antagonist protocol. She did refuse to admit that I was oversuppressd by BCP on my first cycle. But was willing to forgo them on the second cycle.
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
She took the time time to individualize treatment plans.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
They required two vials of sperm for IVF even though I only had one vial of my son's donor left and told them flat out that I would not be using the second vial. They still required two.
Reasonable and competitive.
What specific things went wrong at IVF New England?
Lexington
She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions...was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at IVF New England?
Dr Luzzo was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
Continue with what she is doing
She is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well.
limited coverage by insurance, mostly out of pocket costs which has limited ability to move forward with IVF cycles
none