5.5

800 858-4832
49 Seekonk Street
Providence, RI 02906
401.369.7822

Dr Luzzo appears knowledgeable but also to be going through the motions at times with not a lot of compassion or concern. At times, I felt like I had to advocate for myself and do my own research and then ask about things. She tended to talk fast and made me feel rushed.... I have had 3 IUIs. The first was with 50mg Clomid and the next two we bumped up to 100mg. I asked to use progesterone suppositories after the first IUI due to my short cycle length. I did OPK the first cycle. Then I missed my surge one month. The
One aspect which is frustrating is that sperm is stored at another office and you have to pick it up in the day of the IUI and bring it to this clinic [Boston IVF]. Also, the nurse who does the IUIs has been out a lot and in those situations, you speak to a nurse at the Boston office who are not very familiar with the Providence location. The office staff are very nice overall - the people who answer the phone, the phlebotomist, etc. the office is small and can feel crowded in the morning when you come for lab work.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to advocate and speak up
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
The initial appointment I felt very rushed and as though Dr. Luzzo was just giving a spiel she had given 1,000 with very little affect or interest. My two follow up appointments have been a little better - still not a lot of emotion and feeling a bit rushed along.
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have had 3 IUIs. The first was with 50mg Clomid and the next two we bumped up to 100mg. I asked to use progesterone suppositories after the first IUI due to my short cycle length. I did OPK the first cycle. Then I missed my surge one month. The next two IUIs I did blood test monitoring only to detect my surge. I am in the two week wait now after my third IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy has been responsive when I reach out but is not in the office very much. Also, she doesn’t always seem to remember my situation which can be frustrating. I have also had to remind her about calling in prescriptions and such for me. It has been a bit stressful at times.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
One aspect which is frustrating is that sperm is stored at another office and you have to pick it up in the day of the IUI and bring it to this clinic. Also, the nurse who does the IUIs has been out a lot and in those situations, you speak to a nurse at the Boston office who are not very familiar with the Providence location. The office staff are very nice overall - the people who answer the phone, the phlebotomist, etc. the office is small and can feel crowded in the morning when you come for lab work.
Most was out of pocket IUI is about $450
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had issues with not getting results, office not communicating with another office that had to do my IUI when clinic nurse was out, as well as prescriptions not being called in and overall poor communication at times about treatment plan.
Providence
Dr. Luzzo was caring and thorough but in the end did not have enough experience for my case. She classified me as being in the small population with normal tests and no pregnancies. Another doctor later found things she missed.... Dr. Luzzo tried several different FET protocols and did find one that gave me good lining....She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
[Boston IVF- Providence] A nice small clinic with staff that gets to know you as a person. They take their time and sincerely wish you the best. Their monitoring hours could be longer but there are so few patients there is little wait time... Monitoring is always well run and you see people you know. They know your name and ask how you are as a person. They genuinely care about your cycles and take an interest in you.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to move on if things are not working
She is caring and takes her time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy always called back promptly and took her time listening to me and getting me answers
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
We had no costs other than our insurance deductible
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
Providence
She [Dr. Luzzo] explained everything in great detail. She clearly knows her stuff. The amount of information delivered is however overwhelming, making it hard to retain. I also did not feel seen as a person as she seemed emotion-less, which probably had nothing to do with me but has made appointments a bit uncomfortable....She feels quite distant and lethargic. Little warmth. No apparent enthusiasm
Great location [Boston IVF - Providence]. Pleasant set-up. Very friendly front desk staff. Downside: Weekend coverage as well as sperm storage is at a different clinic or in Waltham, MA. Certain procedures are only in Waltham.... Wendy [nurse] seems to know a lot about infertility, IUIs and IVF procedures. She has also felt rather distant and unmotivated.... Regular IUI $450. Monitored IUI: $1050. unsure otherwise
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She explained everything in great detail. She clearly knows her stuff. The amount of information delivered is however overwhelming, making it hard to retain. I also did not feel seen as a person as she seemed emotion-less, which probably had nothing to do with me but has made appointments a bit uncomfortable.
Do not expect warmth
She feels quite distant and lethargic. Little warmth. No apparent enthusiasm
Until now monitored IUI was recommended. Moving forward IVF is recommended due to unexplained infertility
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy seems to know a lot about infertility, IUIs and IVF procedures. She has also felt rather distant and unmotivated.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Great location. Pleasant set-up. Very friendly front desk staff. Downside: Weekend coverage as well as sperm storage is at a different clinic or in Waltham, MA. Certain procedures are only in Waltham.
Regular IUI $450. Monitored IUI: $1050. unsure otherwise
Providence

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] was recommended by a doctor who I trust. She was not warm and I barely met with her. Communication with her amd with the clinic was limited and there was not enough information passed along to me at times.... She wanted me to do IVF or medicated IUI due to my age. She let me do unmedicated IUI since it was my choice.
The people who drew my blood [at Boston IVF- RSC- Providence] for the.monitored IUI were great! One of the nurses, Julie, was great! She was kind and helpful and understanding. Communication was poor from my primary nurse and from the financial person and from the front desk....Communication with my nurse was also limited and not warm or informative. Communication wi th the financial person was extremely difficult and even disrespectful.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She was recommended by a doctor who I trust. She was not warm and I barely met with her. Communication with her amd with the clinic was limited and there was not enough information passed along to me at times.
If you don't need a personal touch, she may be an ok choice.
She was not very warm. Communication with my nurse was also limited and not warm or informative. Communication wi th the financial person was extremely difficult and even disrespectful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The people who drew my blood for the.monitored IUI were great! One of the nurses, Julie, was great! She was kind and helpful and understanding. Communication was poor from my primary nurse and from the financial person and from the front desk.