Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolBJ Medical
ResidencyCook County Hosp
FellowshipUCSD
Phoenix (Closed)
2222 East Highland Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016
8573 East Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ketan Patel to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Patel was always cold toward me. In fact, he was much warmer and made a lot more eye contact with my husband. Every time he came into a monitoring appointment or an actual IUI, he had forgotten when he last saw me and how many IUI's I had already done. He also forgot what information he had told me at the last appointment. He never stayed long enough to answer my questions and actually made a comment to me about the amount of questions I had the one time he listened to them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel seemed to not care about me or the situation I was in. He was very cold when telling my husband and I that we had a less than 5% chance of ever conceiving naturally. He had absolutely no opinion or suggestions as to what vitamins and supplements I should be taking to increase my chances and improve egg quality. When he spoke to us, he talked to and made eye contact with my husband but rarely with me, even though the treatment was centered around me! He didn't seem to care about the results of each treatment. There was no way I would have stayed and done ivf with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He is the typical cold, no bedside manner doctor. If you want a doctor that shows little compassion and just focuses on treating you, he's your guy. If you want anything more, go somewhere else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe the protocols Ketan Patel used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I did three IUI's with Dr. Patel. The first round I took Clomid, had three follicles grow but my lining was thin. The next round I was switched to Femara, had two follicles grow, good lining but still negative result. The third IUI was canceled due to a cyst, so we tried again the next month and only had one follicle grow. Also a negative result.
The nursing staff was kind and friendly. No complaints there.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The front office woman is phenomenal. She is really compassionate and nice to speak to. The office is small and needs some updating /refurbishing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The IUI's totaled to about $1200 for each one.
2005 - 2011
Dr. Patel was very open to my trying to conceive as a single woman. I felt he genuinely wanted me to have a child, but given that I was older was very clear about my changes. But he also kept me hopeful that I would achieve success. I loved that he took the time to explain everything to me clearly and made sure I understood what everything was for and what the results meant...He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals.
2005 - 2011
I genuinely got to know and admire Dr. Patel. He was extremely caring and very good at what he did. He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals. I do and have recommended Dr. Patel to friends.
Listen to him. He knows his stuff. He was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The doctors and nurses are top notch. And their embryologist is absolutely excellent. This makes a huge difference in a fertility clinic. I highly recommend AZARH to anyone needing assistance with fertility treatment.
Describe Ketan Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I had failed to conceive several times, IUI and IVF, because I was older and was using donor sperm. My eggs appeared good, though, so he was willing to help me. I was very lucky when two of my embryos took.
Scottsdale
Dr. Patel is a very busy man, because he is so good at what he does. He often was short and consise with what he was saying, but whenever i had further questions, he did take the time to answer them.... At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
Dr. Patel is an incredible doctor. I trust him tremendously. At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
If you need an emotional doctor, he may not be the right fit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
The nurses were amazing and compassionate and made up for Dr. Patel’s missing emotion and compassion throughout the process. They really complemented each other.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I enjoyed the clinic. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.
Dr. Patel prefers to transfer one embryo I believe.
Scottsdale
Dr. Patel is a wonderful doctor. He is straight forward, but not harsh. He is not a hand holder, but always made me feel comfortable. He is brilliant and I trust him implicitly. He had a game plan from our first meeting, which made me feel confident we were right to change doctors.... Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
This is an extremely emotional time. Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
Dr. Patel and his staff were always personable and warm, I never felt like a number. I had to remind them of certain things, like my age and a few background details, but I expected that.
I can't remember anything out of the norm for an IVF cycle (I did Google the drugs I was ion and nothing came up as abnormal).
I loved my nurses! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments
2012 - 2013
2012 - 2013
He is an extraordinary physician. I trusted him entirely. I like that he was brutally honest with me that my chances of conceiving were small but also gave me enough hope to keep trying. He told me "I've seen miracles happen" - and my son was our miracle.
Ask questions if you don't understand. The medical terminology and his explanations were sometimes hard to follow, but I followed up with questions to my satisfaction.
Dr. Patel knew who I was and saw me on each visit. He was not rushed and took his time with me.
They remembered me and my story.