Available by cell phone
2222 East Highland Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016
8573 East Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ketan Patel to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health to a friend?
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel is very straight-forward and almost discouraging in setting expectations for success. He was set on not beginning the process for egg retrieval until my thyroid hit a certain number, but I read the studies he sent me and showed him that my thyroid level was good for egg retrieval and so he finally agreed to go forward after months of delay based on that. Since he agreed with me, he was very clear to warn that we may have no eggs much less embryos since we went forward without reaching his ideal thyroid number. I acknowledged his warning and we went forward and I now have 4 frozen embryos. He is a nice man and very knowledgeable but stubborn and very much "by the book" which is both good and bad. He is always very professional and courteous when I see him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Be patient but also advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel was very careful not to get my hopes up on starting with IVF immediately as we awaited insurance approval. His support staff are great, but there's a lot of time delay in getting things done and communication was not good in the beginning. I did not feel like a number, because he definitely did not rush things but at times I did not feel like a human being, because he is very insistent on getting things done by a checklist of requirements that seemed never-ending and almost impossible to meet. He is very professional and I appreciate his knowledge and professionalism.
Describe the protocols Ketan Patel used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I was on 150 menopur and 300 gonal-f for 10 days and then 10,000 hcg trigger. It effectively allowed us to successfully create 4 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
There was a lot of miscommunication in the beginning with the staff and me. It got better after I expressed my dissatisfaction. One big thing was in the beginning the nurse told me my blood work was all good to move forward and when I went for the appointment the Dr. told me it was not so that was another delay and a big waste of time and resources for both myself and the clinic because they did an unnecessary ultrasound since they had my results and could have avoided the ultrasound. They did not bill me for that visit because I complained about it. That was a huge mistake but nothing like that has happened again after I made sure to follow up on my own results and understand what the lab tests meant on my own. The nursing staff personally are wonderful and friendly and have dealt with me on my worst days with compassion and empathy so that always made me feel better. This journey is stressful and the hormones magnify the emotions so I'm sure they deal with it all but they have handled me in an excellent manner when it comes to emotionally and the stress.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Weakness is their phone system. You have to know the extensions to the front desk or anyone otherwise you're automatically sent to a recording service. It's frustrating for sure. Another weakness is their 3rd party billing company sends bills automatically even if they are paid before the bills are sent. I have had to call to make sure it has been paid and cleared in their system and they always verify even though I receive the same bill after payment. There's a disconnect or way too long a time lapse between them and their billing company. Clinics strength is they have an amazing lab with a lab director and I think this is probably more important than the doctor when it comes to IVF. I had lots of trouble in the beginning with communication and timing but when it came down to actual egg retrieval procedure and reports from the lab, it was all smooth and excellent. The offices are always clean and the operating room and lab are all in the same building which is convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I don't know because we have insurance coverage. This clinic is part of the centers of excellence. We have spent most of our deductible from our visits and fertility medication.
Describe Ketan Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
He is a one embryo only transfer doctor.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Patel was always cold toward me. In fact, he was much warmer and made a lot more eye contact with my husband. Every time he came into a monitoring appointment or an actual IUI, he had forgotten when he last saw me and how many IUI's I had already done. He also forgot what information he had told me at the last appointment. He never stayed long enough to answer my questions and actually made a comment to me about the amount of questions I had the one time he listened to them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Patel seemed to not care about me or the situation I was in. He was very cold when telling my husband and I that we had a less than 5% chance of ever conceiving naturally. He had absolutely no opinion or suggestions as to what vitamins and supplements I should be taking to increase my chances and improve egg quality. When he spoke to us, he talked to and made eye contact with my husband but rarely with me, even though the treatment was centered around me! He didn't seem to care about the results of each treatment. There was no way I would have stayed and done ivf with him.
He is the typical cold, no bedside manner doctor. If you want a doctor that shows little compassion and just focuses on treating you, he's your guy. If you want anything more, go somewhere else.
I did three IUI's with Dr. Patel. The first round I took Clomid, had three follicles grow but my lining was thin. The next round I was switched to Femara, had two follicles grow, good lining but still negative result. The third IUI was canceled due to a cyst, so we tried again the next month and only had one follicle grow. Also a negative result.
The nursing staff was kind and friendly. No complaints there.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The front office woman is phenomenal. She is really compassionate and nice to speak to. The office is small and needs some updating /refurbishing.
The IUI's totaled to about $1200 for each one.
Scottsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

2005 - 2011
Dr. Patel was very open to my trying to conceive as a single woman. I felt he genuinely wanted me to have a child, but given that I was older was very clear about my changes. But he also kept me hopeful that I would achieve success. I loved that he took the time to explain everything to me clearly and made sure I understood what everything was for and what the results meant...He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals.
2005 - 2011
I genuinely got to know and admire Dr. Patel. He was extremely caring and very good at what he did. He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals. I do and have recommended Dr. Patel to friends.
Listen to him. He knows his stuff. He was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The doctors and nurses are top notch. And their embryologist is absolutely excellent. This makes a huge difference in a fertility clinic. I highly recommend AZARH to anyone needing assistance with fertility treatment.
I had failed to conceive several times, IUI and IVF, because I was older and was using donor sperm. My eggs appeared good, though, so he was willing to help me. I was very lucky when two of my embryos took.
Scottsdale
Dr. Patel is a very busy man, because he is so good at what he does. He often was short and consise with what he was saying, but whenever i had further questions, he did take the time to answer them.... At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
Dr. Patel is an incredible doctor. I trust him tremendously. At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
If you need an emotional doctor, he may not be the right fit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
The nurses were amazing and compassionate and made up for Dr. Patel’s missing emotion and compassion throughout the process. They really complemented each other.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I enjoyed the clinic. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.
Dr. Patel prefers to transfer one embryo I believe.
Scottsdale

Dr. Patel is a wonderful doctor. He is straight forward, but not harsh. He is not a hand holder, but always made me feel comfortable. He is brilliant and I trust him implicitly. He had a game plan from our first meeting, which made me feel confident we were right to change doctors.... Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
This is an extremely emotional time. Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
Dr. Patel and his staff were always personable and warm, I never felt like a number. I had to remind them of certain things, like my age and a few background details, but I expected that.
I can't remember anything out of the norm for an IVF cycle (I did Google the drugs I was ion and nothing came up as abnormal).
I loved my nurses! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments

2012 - 2013
2012 - 2013
He is an extraordinary physician. I trusted him entirely. I like that he was brutally honest with me that my chances of conceiving were small but also gave me enough hope to keep trying. He told me "I've seen miracles happen" - and my son was our miracle.
Ask questions if you don't understand. The medical terminology and his explanations were sometimes hard to follow, but I followed up with questions to my satisfaction.
Dr. Patel knew who I was and saw me on each visit. He was not rushed and took his time with me.
They remembered me and my story.

2007 - 2013
[Dr. Ketan Patel] was friendly, funny, empathetic...He was kind and wonderful every step of the way through a really stressful time in our lives. He walked us through decisions and provided lots of information. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor...He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2...after our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol...just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
2007 - 2013
If you don’t understand something just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
He was friendly, funny, empathetic.
After our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Clean, friendly-always a smile to greet you. Good magazines in the wait room. We never had to wait too long-no more than 5-10 minutes. The entire staff was kind and empathetic. I’m so glad we found them.
He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2