Available by cell phone
ResidencyU. of Colorado
FellowshipDuke
1080 East Elizabeth
Fort Collins, CO 80524
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Bachus to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Kevin Bachus] was kind and compassionate when things did not go as planned. He did leave a lot of the actual treatments to his nursing staff, so we only saw him occasionally at our appointments, but each morning he and his staff got together and discussed each case individually so they all knew the happenings of the clinic. This was nice to know that everyone was on the same page.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Bachus was always very knowledgeable, and he helped us understand the treatment options well. He was kind and compassionate when things did not go as planned. He did leave a lot of the actual treatments to his nursing staff, so we only saw him occasionally at our appointments, but each morning he and his staff got together and discussed each case individually so they all knew the happenings of the clinic. This was nice to know that everyone was on the same page.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready to ask questions about your treatment plan, and he will answer! Most of the time our questions were answered before we asked, so it was nice to have everything explained.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Everyone in the office was so friendly, and they really made us feel welcome. Everything was so individualized, we were not just a number.
Describe the protocols Kevin Bachus used in your cycles at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We had testing done before any procedures took place. This tested determined what steps we could take next! We went straight to IUI because of male factor infertility, and I am glad the tested helped us with a baseline. It did take 2 failed IUIs and us asking before we tried any medication for the male factor problems, and I wonder if we had asked sooner if that would have changed anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The nursing staff was incredible. We were often working with the nurses at our appointments, and that was fine with me! I knew that everyone was on the same page about our treatment plan. I had great relationships with all the girls. My nurse even came in on her day off just for us and our IUI treatment! She truly went above and beyond because we had a huge bond!
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was well organized and well run. We never felt like just a number. I do like that each morning the staff all got together to discuss each case. This truly helped in that everyone was on the same page. Because of that, if we didn’t see Dr Bachus, that was ok because our nurse knew what was going on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We were fortunate enough to have insurance completely cover our IUI treatments at the clinic. Our insurance did not cover medications, so those were the only costs for us. We had to change insurance at the time we were ready to start IVF, and our new insurance did not cover infertility. The cost of IVF at the clinic would be $16000, and that does not include medication.
Describe Kevin Bachus's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
After our 3 negative IUI cycles, we had a consultation for IVF. At that meeting, it was recommended that only one embryo be transferred due to my circumstances. (Age, previous pregnancy, and our current male factor infertility) The recommendation for single or multiple embryos might be different for someone else.
Fort Collins

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Bachus did luteal phase monitoring for two cycles -- he monitored ovulation with ultrasound and measured estradiol before, at ovulation, and 7 days post ovulation along with progesterone. He was concerned that I had a luteal phase defect that was hindering me from getting pregnant, because of spotting in the luteal phase. His treatment for this would have been clomid, to boost estrogen in the follicular phase, and boost progesterone in the luteal phase. Dr. Bachus also found a uterine issue that he felt needed to be surgically addressed. Although I was worried about this surgery, it went very very well and Dr. Bachus did an excellent job, and I am happy that I decided to do it. Dr. Bachus is a very skilled surgeon and I think also really enjoys laparoscopic surgery. He found and ablated some endometriosis during the surgery.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Bachus is kind, and very skilled at what he does. I have a rare uterine anomaly, and he was able to spot on ultrasound something that several other doctors had missed. I cannot over-emphasize how skilled his is at ultrasound. I also *so* much appreciated his interest in my cycles, and the fact that he wanted to follow my cycles prior to jumping into treatment. Dr. Bachus *will not* push you towards IVF -- and I really appreciated this after being at a clinic that did IVF as default and pushed me towards it immediately. Dr. Bachus is also *very* skilled at laparoscopic surgery. He performed a very non-standard surgery on my uterus and did an excellent job. I trust him 100%. I decided that I would go with IVF in the end, and the only reason I left the clinic was because the prices were too high without any insurance. I was very sad to leave.
My first impression of him was that he was very set in his ways, but I learned eventually that he is quite open-minded if you present him with scientific studies to back up the ideas that you have. Also, do not expect him to push towards aggressive treatment. He is much more conservative than other doctors I've seen and consulted with -- would have been happy to treat me just with IUIs. This is great, except that I felt I don't have the time for that given my age and ovarian reserve.
Everyone in the office knew who I was very quickly, and the NPs are *excellent* at keeping track of all the details of your case and making sure to review those with Dr. Bachus before each visit. I saw Dr. Bachus at each visit, which I loved. Finally, the office is really excellent at dealing with insurance issues, and I appreciated so much that they at least tried to get my insurance to pay for things. They realize the financial hardship that infertility treatment places on patients.
Melissa was wonderful and so helpful and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Bachus' office is humble in appearance, and I loved this about it -- I LOVE going to a clinic where it's clear that my money isn't going towards fancy decorations. The priority is on the treatment. It is a small office, and there is only one doctor. I saw him at every visit and he does all monitoring ultrasounds himself, which was great. It takes a LONG time to get a first appointment (4 months with a cancellation, otherwise it would have been 6), and there are long wait times (2-3 months) to get scheduled for an IVF cycle, and this is one drawback of it being a small clinic.
IVF cycles without meds are $16,500. I didn't learn this until I was trying to schedule my first cycle, and in the end left the clinic because I realized that paying this out of pocket didn't make sense when I could travel to other clinics with more competitive rates. I was very sad. I think that IUIs would have been about $2k per cycle. Monitoring ultrasounds were about $250 each. All of my consults were billed to insurance as part of diagnosis -- there is no cash consult fee like there is at many clinics. The office is great at working with insurance (if your'e lucky enough to have it to cover what they do).
I have an abnormally small uterus which would make multiples dangerous. Dr. Bachus fully understood this and would ever only have transferred one embryo.
Fort Collins

we were given the choice [by Dr. Bachus] of natural cycles or medicated cycles with clomid and monitoring. We gave it 3 months and did a monitored cycle to get a good view of things and then we moved to letrozole CD3-7 with timed intercourse and an HCG trigger. Effectively, we were trying to get me to ovulate on both sides every month. The 2 months we did TI cycles, we did get follicles on both sides, but it did not result in pregnancy. We decided to move on to IUI and add in 150 iu of menopur on CD9 on top of the letrozole.
I was referred to Dr. Bachus from my OB and from the first appointment, we felt that he took the time to listen to us and develop a plan specific to us. He explained everything really well, in terms we could understand. We were able to move quickly to an HSG, where we immediately found a hydrosalpinx. He took the time right after the procedure to talk us through next steps. He also provided positive feedback about being able to fix the problem. He is kind, caring and very compassionate. I appreciate his positive outlook and humor in a situation that is very sensitive. He never pushed us to go straight to IVF and has let us set the pace of our treatment. I don't always see him during my appointments, but when I do, he's great.
Do some research before going in and know the potential treatment plans. Dr. Bachus will offer them up, but I felt more comfortable having previous knowledge.
Dr. Bachus always took enough time to sit down with us and walk through problems and potential solutions. We never felt rushed and we were always given a number of options. He was warm, inviting and trust-worthy.
The first thing we did was review testing done by my OB. He suggested an HSG and then when we found the hydrosalpinx, he told me surgery was the best option to move forward. After surgery we were given the choice of natural cycles or medicated cycles with clomid and monitoring. We gave it 3 months and did a monitored cycle to get a good view of things and then we moved to letrozole CD3-7 with timed intercourse and an HCG trigger. Effectively, we were trying to get me to ovulate on both sides every month. The 2 months we did TI cycles, we did get follicles on both sides, but it did not result in pregnancy. We decided to move on to IUI and add in 150 iu of menopur on CD9 on top of the letrozole.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenica & Kelly)
The two main nurses I saw were always friendly and gentle. They did a majority of the monitoring appointments and administered the triggers and menopur shots. They organized the treatment plan and got my bloodwork and prescriptions ordered. They also helped advocate for me to move the treatment plan forward when I was feeling a little insecure or unsure.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This is a small clinic and with that comes a lot of good, but some disadvantages as well. The wait-list can be pretty long, but if you get your paperwork in, you can be seen earlier. They take fewer insurance types that a big corporation but they still do take insurance. They do not do electronic medical records or almost anything electronic - it's all paper. This means the fax the med orders in, they ask for results to be faxed to them and they do not have a portal to check results. Everything is written, just be prepared to always be handed paper orders. The upside to a small clinic is that I can always reach a nurse, at any time I call. They love what they do and it shows in their care. Everyone is compassionate and helpful.
Everything through the IUI's were covered under my insurance so I had different rates. However, IT cycles were $1,000 and IUI cycles were $1,600 without insurance.
None
What specific things went wrong at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Kevin Bachus] is a bit conservative, compared to some other doctors, but only because he wants what is best for you, and to reduce your risks. I feel like he was very approachable, and empathetic to any situation.... Initially we attempted a medicated iui, with letrozole. I responded well, and my lining was great. But my body kept creating cysts. Eventually I had to have them removed and we started iui cycles again. Each time letrozole was increased and hcg trigger shot was added. Each time I had at least 2 follicles. Medications and timing was adjusted as the dr saw fit.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He is a great doctor. He has many years of experience and will take time to explain what he wants to do with you. He is a bit conservative, compared to some other doctors, but only because he wants what is best for you, and to reduce your risks. I feel like he was very approachable, and empathetic to any situation.
Make sure you know all options and have a discussion with him about why he wants to do each one. The insight is helpful in tough decisions.
Dr. baucus shows true care and attention to his patients. I never felt like a number. He always discussed things with us at length and personalized each appointment.
All the nurses are amazing. I know they care, they get to know you, and are your biggest cheerleaders! Any questions could be asked and there was never a time that I felt like they didn’t want to help me. Great nurses!
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic building seems a bit older, and outdated. But the equipment is all new and top notch. Don’t be fooled by the building. There are several rooms for different procedures, so patients typically don’t have a long wait. The waiting room does have a space for children to play, which is nice for parents.
Iui without medication $1200, and medications ranged from $300-$500 a cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr Bachus is very hands on during the IVF process. He did all of the ultrasounds at our monitoring appointments and personally adjusted meds as needed. He was very compassionate and took time to talk through any and all concerns at every appointment...We did a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos. Post retrieval we had 12 eggs. 6 fertilized with iCSI and 3 matured to blastocysts. We currently have 1 frozen embryo and a 9 week old baby girl.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Make an appointment. Try not to have any preconceived ideas of what to expect. They will walk you through the entire process (including cost, time commitment and expectations) during your consultation. Making that first appointment is the first step and they will hold your hand through the rest.
Dr Bachus makes you feel like a person not just a number. His warm demeanor and professionalism are exactly what I was hoping for. He answered all of questions no matter how insignificant they seemed.
We had two cycles of IUI with I believe menopur and ovidrel. Both resulted in negative tests. Our third cycle was IVF. Protocol included Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and Ovidrel. We did a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos. Post retrieval we had 12 eggs. 6 fertilized with iCSI and 3 matured to blastocysts. We currently have 1 frozen embryo and a 9 week old baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelley Stoner-Rivera)
Kelley is the BEST. We have no complaints with the way she handled our care. She was always so kind and compassionate. My numbers on my first BETA were low (46) and I was convinced I was having a chemical pregnancy. Kelley calmed me down and explained that she’d seen several people in my situation have very successful pregnancies. That is just one example of how she coached me and my husband through the IVF process. I cried the day we graduated from their clinic and had to say good bye to Kelley.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: they are very organized and very helpful. From the front office to billing, everyone was very kind and helpful. Weakness: the only criticism I can possibly come up with is their office decor is very dated. Don’t let that fool you. They use state of the art technology and are very progressive in their treatment plans.
I am very fortunate because I had 80% coverage for all IUIs and IVF through my insurance. iCSI and freezing of embryos was not included but everything else was covered at 80%. I believe the initial quote we got was $16,000 for an IVF cycle but, like I said, my insurance covered a heavy majority. I believe we paid $3500 after insurance. I know this is very unusual and we are very grateful.
Dr Bachus was very thorough in explaining the risk/rewards with regards to transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. Ultimately we decided to transfer 2 knowing there was a possibility of twins or high order multiples. This decision was made by me and my husband and we never felt swayed one way or another by Dr Bachus or his staff.
Fort Collins

I really like how he [Dr. Bachus] is very open and honest with us. He didn't give us false hope and he gave us realistic goals each time....He doesn't have a set care plan for every patient. He makes a plan for each couple and genuinely cares about them....I started off on clomid 50mg two times a day but my body didn't react hiwvthey expected. So that cycles ended up being my baseline. The next time they upped my clomid to 150mg as well as the menopur and hcg shot.
I really like how he is very open and honest with us. He didn't give us false hope and he gave us realistic goals each time. I really appreciate that the clinic is open 7 days a week for patients because a women's cycle isn't only my bday through Friday.
Stop Dr. googling because it freaks you out.
I have only done TIC ( on my 3rd cycle) because that is what my insurance will cover. I started off on clomid 50mg two times a day but my body didn't react hiwvthey expected. So that cycles ended up being my baseline. The next time they upped my clomid to 150mg as well as the menopur and hcg shot. Now my third cycle they did the 150 mg clomid, 3 menopur injections,1 hcg injection and progesterone suppositories. I asked for the progesterone because I had a chemical pregnancy before I saw Dr.Bachus.
I think the staff is great. I had an issue with one nurse because her choice of words were poor. Before I started my 3rd TIC she told me that She sees IUI in my future. I just thinks that is something you don't tell a women as ahecstarting her 3rd round of hormones.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everything is great. There are some nurses that don't have a great bed side manner but I don't think it's intentionally. It's more that they lack people skills but are good at the scientific aspect. So don't like that discourage you.
My insurance covered all natural treatments like TIC but I have to pay out of pocket once I progress.

2013 - 2015
Dr. Bachus was very knowledgeable and compassionate. He was very good at explaining things in a way that I would understand them....I did three IUIs with Letrozole. In the third IUI, the injectable Menopur was added but did not produce the desired effects of more mature follicals. Each of my IUIs was unsuccessful and resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I had unexplained infertility and endometriosis, so the hope of this treatment was to release more eggs, hoping that at least one would result in a pregnancy.
2013 - 2015
Dr. Bachus was very knowledgeable and compassionate. He was very good at explaining things in a way that I would understand them. He traveled up to the state where I lived to meet with patients which was very convenient.
Dr. Bachus is a wonderful doctor, but don't be afraid to take change of your care in order to get what you need from a fertility clinic.
Dr. Bachus and his staff were very kind and the majority of the time very compassionate. I wish they would have done a better job at checking in with me after my IUIs instead of just waiting for me to call with bad news.
The nurses were friendly but did not go above and beyond for you. They did not ever check in with me to see how I was doing after completing a cycle.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is smaller which offered more individualized care but their resources are limited. They would send you to many different facilities for treatments and procedures which I believe is a weakness. It also appeared that they did not have enough staff to be able to offer appointment times that are convenient for you.
The total was around $7,000 for the treatment that I received.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
We felt heard and given the time of day by him [Dr. Kevin Bachus] and he was willing to work with us especially on our financial limitations and let us take things at our own pace. He had great bedside manner and we felt mutual respect. He does a great job listening and guiding.... Dr Bachus tends to go straight to medications and treatment options, and did not do immunological testing, genetic testing, or any other diagnostic testing beyond laparoscopic surgery if your symptoms resemble endometriosis or any abnormalities that he would be able to operate on. He prefers to do surgery on everyone, so that tends to be his bent.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
We felt heard and given the time of day by him and he was willing to work with us especially on our financial limitations and let us take things at our own pace. He had great bedside manner and we felt mutual respect. He does a great job listening and guiding.
Know your own limits and get perspective before working with any doc about how many treatments they expect it to take before live birth, not just achieving pregnancy. We had a very early loss (sometimes referred to as chemical preganacy) on our 2 nd IUI, and they forgot to tell me what to do when my period was late. I should have started taking progesterone but no one told me that, and then they considered that a success, apparently.
He had pretty good bedside manner but we had some bad experiences with a couple of nurses along the way.
Some nurses were excellent and very compassionate. However, one nurse really hurt me during an insemination procedure, and then blamed me for moving, even though this was an involuntary movement due to the pain. Also, whichever nurse did the insemination procedure never reminded me to start taking Progesterone and get a pregnancy test if I did not start my period on the expected day. This caused us to miss an opportunity to take progesterone for an early pregnancy, and it turned into a loss.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Bachus tends to go straight to medications and treatment options, and did not do immunological testing, genetic testing, or any other diagnostic testing beyond laparoscopic surgery if your symptoms resemble endometriosis or any abnormalities that he would be able to operate on. He prefers to do surgery on everyone, so that tends to be his bent. This is less of a natural approach, and then he skips right to drugs and insemination or IVF. Dr. Bakos has great bedside manner, but the newer nurses seem less and pathetic and kind.
Dr. Bacchus was not in our insurance Network, so we paid out of pocket for everything. There was a discount for people paying out-of-pocket, around 25%, I believe.
Fort Collins

[Dr. Bachus] JUST TOLD ME TO COME IN AND DID AN ULTRASOUND AND THEN GAVE ME CLOMID AND DIDNT SEE HIM FOR A MONTH AND KEPT GOING LIKE THAT FOR 8 MONTHS. NOTHING WAS EVE EXPLAINED OF WHAT TYPE OF PCOS I HAD, IF I HAD THYROID PROBLEMS OR INSULIN RESISTANT.... I LEARNED MORE RESEARCHING THEN I DID FROM THE DR....HE DID MAKE ME FEEL CONFERRABLE DURING APPOINTMENTS, BUT IT WAS FAST IN AND OUT AND NO EXPLANATION. OR WHAT I COULD DO BETTER THE NEXT CYCLE, OR HOW TO CHANGE WHAT I HAD OR HELP WHAT I HAD.
HE DID MAKE ME FEEL CONFERRABLE DURING APPOINTMENTS, BUT IT WAS FAST IN AND OUT AND NO EXPLANATION. OR WHAT I COULD DO BETTER THE NEXT CYCLE, OR HOW TO CHANGE WHAT I HAD OR HELP WHAT I HAD. OR EVEN OFFER A NEW PATH AFTER MY 6 MOTHS OF CLOMID OF NO SUCCESS HALF THE CYCLES NO EGGS EVEN MATURED OR OVULATED I JUST FEEL LIKE THERE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE DONE.
ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS, AND DO YOU RESEARCH TO GET THE INFO AND ANSWER YOU WANT AND NEED TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL CYCLE
NUMBER, HAD LOTS OF SUCESS STORIES BUT FELT LIKE I WASNT GIVE MANY OPTIONS, OR WHAT I CAN DO TO IMPROVE MY CHANCES LIKE DIET OR EXERCISING ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME, JUST TOLD ME TO COME IN AND DID AN ULTRASOUND AND THEN GAVE ME CLOMID AND DIDNT SEE HIM FOR A MONTH AND KEPT GOING LIKE THAT FOR 8 MONTHS. NOTHING WAS EVE EXPLAINED OF WHAT TYPE OF PCOS I HAD, IF I HAD THYROID PROBLEMS OR INSULIN RESISTANT.... I LEARNED MORE RESEARCHING THEN I DID FROM THE DR.
DID CLOMID FOR 6 CYCLES, STARTED OUT WITH A LOW DOSAGE AND THE WENT AS HIGH AS WAS ALOUD. SOMETIMES I WOULD OVULATE SOMETIMES I WOULDNT BUT WHEN I DIDNT I TOOK THE HCG SHOT TO FORCE THE OVULATION AT LEAST TWICE.
THEY WERE NICE, BUT HARD TO APPROACH WITH QUESTIONS SOME DIDNT HAVE ANSWERS OR IT WAS LIKE I WAS ASKING A STUPID QUESTION BUT ALL IN ALL THEY WERE NICE.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
STRENGTH WOULD BE THEY DO HELP PEOPLE AND ARE ALL POSITIVE. BUT COULD EXPLAIN MORE, AND WORK HARDER AT YOUR DREAMS AS A PATIENT. FEEL LIKE THEY GAVE UP.
WELL AT FIRST THERE WAS NO COPAY, THEN AFTER A COUPLE MONTHS I WAS BACK CHARGED FOR CO PAYMENTS I DIDNT PAY YET I SAW THE FRONT COUNTER EVERYTIME I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT, SO GOT BEHIND ON BILLS AND COULD CONTINUE TO GO
I WOULD LIKE MULTIPLE EMBRYO TRANSFER TO HIGHER MY CHANCES OF CONCEIVING

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr.Bachus took time to sit and talk with us about what we want and what our fertility struggles have meant for us. He told us about himself and how much it means to him to help people in our situation. He is so genuine and warm. I was so overwhelmed going into his office and I left feeling so positive and hopeful. ... Dr.Bachus has the best bedside manner. ...
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr.Bachus has the best bedside manner. He lays it all out on the table and really helped us understand our option and has guided us step by step. I've never felt so put at ease by a medical provider. He even carried my husbands wheelchair down the stairs for me. What doctor does that, such a compassionate man.
Dont be afraid to tell him what makes you nervous or your concerns. Ask all the questions you want he is more than happy to answer everything and come up with a plan that you and your partner feel good about.
I was very anxious during my hsg, Dr.Bachus talked me through it and made sure I was doing well after
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate Oswald)
Very friendly and always promptly returned my calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Love this clinic the staff is very friendly and everyone is eager to help. Dont worry if you aren't completely sure about how to explain what your goals are or how you plan to get there. Everyone is very understanding and patient
They set expectations for what our insurance covered and what we would be responsible for right off the bat no surprises

2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Bachus is so nice and makes you feel at home. He did my laparoscopic surgery and removed my endometriosis. He also did my treatment and helped us concieve pretty quickly. Our second time around we are now facing secondary male factor infertility along with my pcos and endometriosis and he had many options of vitamins that we could try. Always gives us hope that we can still grow our family!
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Go in ready to get the helpyou need. Always have your questions written out and ask them. The doctor sits down with you one on one for the initial visit and Jen is so kind and loves to answer your questions and to help you’re nerves feel at ease. We brought our son in that he helped us concieve and his face lit up! You can see that he actually lives what’s he does and loves meeting the Little ones he helped you create!!! Best doctor I have ever worked with.
Definitely treat you like a human. They are so kind and compassionate. Open 364 days a year. Such a great friendly office.
I did ultrasound cd 3, femara day 3-7, 150iu Menopur days 7 and 9, trigger shot day 12 after folicules scan and timed Intercourse.
The nursing staff is so friendly and always eager to help with anything you need.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Such an amazing clinic. I cannot say enough good about it. Always quick to get you in for appointments. Open 364 days a year. Staff is amazing! Dr is great and good at what he does. Office is very clean and organized.
Everything was covered except for copayments for meds.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
I felt he [dr Bachus] took the time to explain things and I felt he was pretty candid about what your chances of success were. He also explained why he chose to change dosages or why he does things differently than other doctors. I also want to mention that as a plus size patient with out PCOS, I feel that Dr Bachus didn't judge my health by my weight.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
I felt he took the time to explain things and I felt he was pretty candid about what your chances of success were. He also explained why he chose to change dosages or why he does things differently than other doctors. I also want to mention that as a plus size patient with out PCOS, I feel that Dr Bachus didn't judge my health by my weight.
It's a small clinic so he can't always take new patients, I've known some people to have to wait awhile before they can get in to see him. It's worth it to be patient.
It is a small practice, and you see Dr Bachus pretty much every time your are in the clinic. He knows you and always seems to be rooting for you, without giving false hope.
I did an IVF attempt with my own eggs that resulted in a pregnancy and then a miscarriage. Then Dr Bachus encouraged me to take a break before trying again. The following year we did IVF with donor eggs which resulted in a pregnancy and we also have frozen embryos should we pursue future pregnancies.
My first cycle of IVF we had some insurance coverage and paid around 12k out of pocket with medications. Second cycle, no insurance, with a known donor, we paid around 24k.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Kevin Bachus] is very caring. I appreciated the fact that I saw him every visit as I’ve heard of other clinics where the doctors is rarely seen. We had set backs and he adjusted along the way. A few times, he even called me himself to check in on me..... Dr Bachus makes you feel like an important person. I never get like a number or like I was being shuffled through. There were plenty of disappointments along the way and he spent as much time as we needed with him.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He is very caring. I appreciated the fact that I saw him every visit as I’ve heard of other clinics where the doctors is rarely seen. We had set backs and he adjusted along the way. A few times, he even called me himself to check in on me. We got the end result we were hoping for - a healthy baby girl.
Ask questions so you never leave the office unsure of what’s going to happen next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was amazing! The only complaint I had is that I needed direction on a weekend and the nurse on call wasn’t sure what to tell me.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Some of the staff was not very friendly or not as compassionate as I would have liked. The reality is that I didn’t want to have trouble having a baby but that’s what I was dealt with and I needed compassionate and caring office staff along the way.
Fort Collins
He [Dr Kevin Bachus] and his staff are wonderfully compassionate and empathetic...Dr Bachus is thorough with testing and treatments. We never felt rushed or pressured to make decisions. He always provided us with the information we requested or needed. He spent almost 2 hours talking with us after our first failed IVF cycle. We never felt like a number with him. He's incredible!!
He's incredible!
He and his staff are wonderfully compassionate and empathetic.
Love the staff! They are sweet, funny, and compassionate. I always felt like they went above and beyond what was required of them.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I was nervous to have a male fertility doctor. But he [Dr. Bachus] put me at my ease. He is knowledgeable and straight forward with expectations. The only weakness I can find on him is his lack of treatment options for male factor infertility. But as he is as n OBGYN, it stands to reason that male organs are not going to be his strength...He is wonderful and compassionate...While we have not been successful, my egg count has been well managed by Dr. Bachus
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I was nervous to have a male fertility doctor. But he put me at my ease. He is knowledgeable and straight forward with expectations. The only weakness I can find on him is his lack of treatment options for male factor infertility. But as he is as n OBGYN, it stands to reason that male organs are not going to be his strength.
Go see him. He is wonderful and compassionate.
The staff always made me feel like they were rooting for us to conceive. They seemed as disappointed as we were every time it failed.
We have used both likes and injectables for our iuis. While we have not been successful, my egg count has been well managed by Dr. Bachus an d.c. his staff
Fantastic and compassionate. They understand that this is not the ideal way to get pregnant and the stress shed heartache associated with infertility and treat you like you are special not broken.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Waiting room looks straight out of ty he 80s but they put their money into the technology instead if aesthetics. They know what they are doing there and do it in the kindest most compassionate way. They stay new patients with CV counseling and give you options up front.
Luckily my insurance paid 50 percent. Cost was reasonable
Fort Collins
Dr. Bachus is knowledgeable and experienced. He was friendly and was willing to answer any of our questions. The main thing I did notice however, is that I needed to be the one to ask questions in order to feel like I was getting enough information.... Dr Bachus and staff where nice, and friendly.... Write down your questions prior to your appointment and make sure to ask them during your appointment. Be sure to ask as much as you can during your appointment.
Dr Bachus and staff where nice, and friendly.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Knowledgeable in their field however they are a smaller clinic that might not be as up to date as other clinics. You have to make sure you ask lots of questions in order to feel like you are getting enough information.
IUI was around $1200 + medications which where a little over $200

2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
[Treatment with Dr. Bachus was] IUI, and recommended not doing IVF because I have a carrying problem...He is a fantastic provider. Very honest and caring...He is a great provider. He has done everything he could to help us have a child. He is honest when certain procedures wouldn’t benefit you or your partner. He had open and honest communication, and prompt response to patient conditions
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Honest, and caring
He is a fantastic provider. Very honest and caring
IUI, and recommended not doing IVF because I have a carrying problem.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Very caring, empathetic, and invested in our process
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Prompt, caring, very nice staff. Works well with your schedule. Has great timely call backs. Answers questions thoroughly. Reached out after multiple pregnancy losses to check on us. Great follow up after surgeries
$1,400 for IUI