Medical SchoolBaylor
ResidencyBaylor
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
1701 Park Place Ave
Bedford, TX 76022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Doody to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
We actually only met with Mr Doody before everything began. We never saw him again during treatments because he was always traveling and out of the country. We liked him when we met with him which was why we wanted him to be our doctor, but it would have been nice to know we would never see him again... We only had one embryo to transfer so we didn’t have another choice... but he only does one at a time
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Go somewhere else
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
There was no personal care whatsoever... the nurses were the worst and made you feel like an idiot anytime you had a question
Describe the protocols Kevin Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
They never explained to me my protocol. I feel like they use the same protocol for every single patient. There were actually times I would call and talk to a nurse and she would ask me what protocol I was on. Ummm shouldn’t you know that? I feel like they let a lot slip and I wasn’t responding like I was supposed to but instead of actually having conversation with me about it they just moved along and then did the transfer anyway because I was apparently taking the meds for the allotted time. News to me.
My experience with their nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility. They gave me some medicine at one point because I had to continue my treatments and I didn’t have any meds left for that evening before getting more overnighted. That nurse was so sweet and just told me to come pick it up. The other nurses told me that I had “used meds for cancer patients and that I needed to replenish their stock” They repeatedly made me cry and feel horrible during the process. They really need to get new nurses that actually have a heart and care for their patients.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Nice waiting room... not very organized though. They sent my husband to collections because of a $200 bill after we had paid them 15k... their front counter staff was pretty nice. Honestly just nothing to rave about
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.
We probably paid around 10k to their office plus medications
Describe Kevin Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at CARE Fertility?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kevin [Doody] is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kevin is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Don't hesitate to ask all your questions!
I can't help but compare my experience at CARE fertility with that at the first clinic I went to. There are a billion reasons why I feel like a human at CARE - the staff are incredibly personable and warm, we got to meet 1:1 with a nurse to show us how to use the meds (vs a group class and instructions to watch a youtube video) and 1:1 with someone from the lab who happily answered all my crazy highly-researched questions (vs never having any interaction with anyone from the lab; and being told by the doctor to stop googling things), Dr. Kevin answers my emails at all hours (vs never having direct contact with the doctor), they call us with lab results (vs using a portal). It's amazing!
Dr. Kevin's treatment was highly personalized (compared to my first doctor) - he put me on an antagonist protocol, adjusted as we went and made some last minute decisions based on daily lab work (for example he prescribed two kinds of triggers - pregyl and lupron - and Dr. Kevin decided on trigger day which one to use based on my lab work - versus using a pre-determined medication). I felt at the center of the treatment cycle. The nurses explained every aspect of the cycle carefully - giving me demos of the medications, explaining clearly what the next steps were, etc. Another aspect of the cycle that I really appreciated was his shared-risk (MaxCare) plan - essentially you pay extra and get up to 6 cycles over the course of the year. It gives us a huge sense of security and we appreciate knowing that it's in his benefit as well as ours to have a successful cycle.
One nurse in particular is incredibly warm and friendly. All are smart and helpful with excellent bedside manner.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths - they time IVF cycles to YOUR schedule; smart staff who seem to really feel ownership over their role in the process; on top of latest research; patient-focused Weakness - they are a four hour drive from where I live (boo!)
We had costs for the initial appointment, then costs for a surgery, then we paid through their MaxCare program to cover 6 cycles over the course of one year. The prices were clear from the get-go. Nothing hidden. Nothing complicated.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
When we went to our first visit, everything was great. Dr. Doody seemed to have a plan for us to follow, explained it all very well, and made us feel very confident in each step. We moved forward with surgery to prep for IVF, then with IVF itself and two separate transfers. After each one failed, there have been no explanations except bad luck and to try again. For an appointment with the Dr. Doody, we have to wait up to 30 minutes to be seen for about 3 minutes of a conversation that doesn't really provide many answers.
Even if statistics show that you have good odds, don't let the doctor get your hopes up by saying everything looks great or expect to be that one exception to the rule. Cautious optimism.
He spoke to us about our individual case, but still provided statistics when asked for them.
To treat my blocked tube and endometriomas on my ovaries, I had laparascopic surgery to remove a tube and drain cysts in order to prep for IVF. My IVF cycle included Gonal-F and menopur with rather low doses since I responded well. We did a lupron trigger to prevent OHSS. On the day of our fresh transfer, we were told the lupron trigger may have a bad effect on my lining, but we went forward anyways (I felt like that should have been stated when we did the trigger or more than 10 minutes before transfer at least). Fresh transfer was negative; frozen transfer later resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications. They had me order way more medication than I needed, so I wish they would have suggested ordering enough for the first week and waiting to see what I would need for the second week. Or even suggesting/ordering the Gonal-F pens in a smaller quantity to take advantage of overfill. I had an extra 900 unit pen after my cycle (which cost me about $1000).
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund. The water fountains in the waiting room don't work, so it's hard to get hydrated for a blood draw if you didn't bring water with you. They were usually able to work around my schedule for quick appointments.
$8500 global fee for IVF with ICSI (even if you don't use ICSI) About $4700 in medications for the egg retrieval cycle (didn't use about $1500 of that) $2500 or so for frozen cycle about $350 in medications for frozen cycle
Bedford
After our IVF was canceled ...we spoke to Dr. Doody about our experience and he listened but had no compassion. We discussed another round, and he only wanted to try the exact same protocol, which we were against. We ultimately left that clinic to seek out a doctor who would always be there to listen and take a new approach...Dr. Doody gave us his time, listened and shared his professional opinion/ expectations before the treatment...Don't expect an overly warm personality.
European, Other
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
After our IVF was canceled by Dr Nackley with zero communication (Dr. D was out of town), we spoke to Dr. Doody about our experience and he listened but had no compassion. We discussed another round, and he only wanted to try the exact same protocol, which we were against. We ultimately left that clinic to seek out a doctor who would always be there to listen and take a new approach.
Make sure he will be in town throughout the process. Don't expect an overly warm personality. Do your research on how you want to be treated and stand your ground.
Dr. Doody gave us his time, listened and shared his professional opinion/ expectations before the treatment. It was only when he left town and a fellow doctor in the practice made us feel like not only a number, but nothing she wanted to deal with. Dr. Doody even told us afterwards that he would not have handled things that way.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Oliver)
They were kind and I had no problem with the staff. The entire clinic seemed busier than I would prefer, but it never caused a problem.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Good about appointment times, email communication, a nice facility Weakness: n/a
Bedford
He was very kind and explained many things. Was opening to answering questions and concerns and was always smiling and positive...Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is [done] by the nurses, not the Doctor, and I wasn't really told about that.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Don't hesitate to ask or ask them to repeat something they said. The process can be overwhelming but worth it.
I really felt good about meet with him and the office. Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is don't by the nurses not the Doctor and I wasn't really told about that. However, my 2nd IUI was a little challenging and one of the Doctors came in to help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
They have been so nice and quick to answer questions or concerns. They also had very positive attitudes and seemed to genuinely care about their patients.
Fort Worth
He [Dr. Doody] was very sincere whenever I had to talk to him.... I loved having him as a doctor. The only reason I quit going is because I moved out of state. He always seemed sincere and would answer any questions that I had. He even tried working with my husband and I since my husband was going back and forth to South Korea and Texas.... He was a great doctor to work with. He took his time and started the testing process immediately.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He was very sincere whenever I had to talk to him.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic was great from the way they had everything set up. i don’t remember any weaknesses. To me it was set up like different stations. You see the check in lady then nurses then dr then the insurance/ money people then check out. It’s done very well.
My insurance paid for everything that I had done before I moved.