Medical SchoolBaylor
ResidencyBaylor
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
1701 Park Place Ave
Bedford, TX 76022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Doody to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
He [Dr. Kevin Doody] answered all my questions and I had a lot. He answered them slowly, carefully, and without pushing me. His answers also seemed better and more advanced than other drs I talked to, more up to date on current research. I didn't see him much during the actual stims process, so I was a bit nervous to have him do my first ultrasound when I was pregnant. However, that was all for nothing as he made me feel super comfortable, laughed, at ease, etc.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin Doody was fantastic. I had a previous failed cycle at another clinic and also had several consultations with several different doctors. I was blown away with how great his consult was. He was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and confident. He always made me feel at ease and suggested options other drs hadn't.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Definitely give their clinic a shot. Their prices are very reasonable and their success rates are very high.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin was FANTASTIC during the consultation. He answered all my questions and I had a lot. He answered them slowly, carefully, and without pushing me. His answers also seemed better and more advanced than other drs I talked to, more up to date on current research. I didn't see him much during the actual stims process, so I was a bit nervous to have him do my first ultrasound when I was pregnant. However, that was all for nothing as he made me feel super comfortable, laughed, at ease, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee Ann)
My nurse was excellent. I was however extremely disappointed with the medical assistants. Of the 3, 2 were not good at drawing blood. If I had one of them, I knew I was in for several pokes. I feel like someone doing this position should be excellent at this task.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Getting set up to be a new patient or for the new patient consult was a bit challenging. There are times I almost forgot the consult because the process wasn't easy. However, once I had the consult I'm so glad I pushed through the process. Almost everything else about that clinic was absolutely fantastic!! The only other thing that needs improvement is the medical assistants. Horrible at drawing blood.
Describe Kevin Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr Doody only allows single embryo transfer unless you are over a certain age. I was a bit disappointed with this because at some point I may want to transfer two...but that was mostly because my my lack of success from my previous clinic.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Doody] tried to make sure we understood everything in full. He was very knowledgeable and made an effort to understand where my husband and I were coming from. When the cycle failed, he brought us in to go over the details. Unfortunately, it could have been any number of reasons why it failed. Therefore, he couldn’t give us A specific reason. It’s completely understandable. There were any number of reasons that could have been the culprit.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He tried to make sure we understood everything in full. He was very knowledgeable and made an effort to understand where my husband and I were coming from. When the cycle failed, he brought us in to go over the details. Unfortunately, it could have been any number of reasons why it failed. Therefore, he couldn’t give us A specific reason. It’s completely understandable. There were any number of reasons that could have been the culprit.
He doesn’t make much small talk, if you want that go somewhere else. He gives results.
Kevin and his staff were very personable. Although it could feel like a “process” going in and out, they tried to make my husband and I as comfortable as possible.
Describe the protocols Kevin Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I responded to very minimal medications and dosages. We used IVF due to my husbands sperm aspiration. ICSI was used as well. I did produce 24 eggs, however only 1 survived to freezing stage. Testing could not produce answers as to why the eggs and embryos did not survive.
Amazing. There was only one nurse that I didn’t care for. She was good at her job, however I did not care for her bedside manner.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths are that the Clinic is extremely organized and well-run. You know what to expect at every visit and step in the process. The only weakness is more of a personal one...it is situated almost 3.5 hours away and it made the trips to and from a little tedious.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.
IVF was approximately $8,600 with medications running about $4,500. Husbands sperm aspiration was another $3,500 and donor sperm ran about $800 with storage included in that cost.
He has as a specific amount he will transfer based on age and various conditions. It was explained in detail with sufficient rationale provided.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Doody didn’t ever make us feel as our concerns, questions or comments were irrational or stupid. He explained things clearly and gave “if it were me type recommendations”. He showed compassion and explained what previous doctors didn’t....We used clomid for all 3 IUI cycles, we used the highest dosage of 3 injectibles for both IVF cycles to get as many viable follicles/eggs as possible. I had a handful of follicles for each IUI cycle, but none of them resulted in a pregnancy and Dr. Doody didn’t expect it to, but we had to have 3 failed IUIs for insurance to cover IVF.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Ask any questions you want as he will answer honestly.
Dr. Doody is very caring and always answered our questions honestly and was willing to explore our treatment choices.
We used clomid for all 3 IUI cycles, we used the highest dosage of 3 injectibles for both IVF cycles to get as many viable follicles/eggs as possible. I had a handful of follicles for each IUI cycle, but none of them resulted in a pregnancy and Dr. Doody didn’t expect it to, but we had to have 3 failed IUIs for insurance to cover IVF. I had a previous doctor deplete my ovarian reserve by drilling on my ovaries thinking I had PCOS when I had no symptoms. She was only supposed to unblock a tube and remove mild endometriosis scar tissue. She didn’t discuss ovarian drilling or PCOS until after the surgery. Therefore the chance of IUI being successful were slim. We did two IVF cycles and only 1 of the 6 eggs retrieved made it to transfer. After the drilling at 38 I had the egg quantity of a 45 year old and had normal AMH/FH levels before the surgery. Due to the depleted reserve Dr Doody is now recommending Embryo donation and we are currently on the waiting list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Not assigned, but we love Nikki)
Nikki was always positive and smiling anytime we met with her. She answered questions and ensured we always understood next steps. Her positivity was contagious at a very trying time.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is open everyday except 2 days a year. They are able to accommodate you if you need a really quick appointment turnaround. Some processes aren’t always clear, so if they would take the time to explain steps for the embryo donation program again if it’s been awhile since that option was discussed and not chosen the first time this option was provided.
My insurance pays 80/20 until deductible met. We’ve spent about 8k out of pocket so far in our infertility journey.
Dr Doody’s policy for my age is single embryo transfer to minimize risks.
Bedford

We actually only met with Mr Doody before everything began. We never saw him again during treatments because he was always traveling and out of the country. We liked him when we met with him which was why we wanted him to be our doctor, but it would have been nice to know we would never see him again... We only had one embryo to transfer so we didn’t have another choice... but he only does one at a time
Go somewhere else
There was no personal care whatsoever... the nurses were the worst and made you feel like an idiot anytime you had a question
They never explained to me my protocol. I feel like they use the same protocol for every single patient. There were actually times I would call and talk to a nurse and she would ask me what protocol I was on. Ummm shouldn’t you know that? I feel like they let a lot slip and I wasn’t responding like I was supposed to but instead of actually having conversation with me about it they just moved along and then did the transfer anyway because I was apparently taking the meds for the allotted time. News to me.
My experience with their nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility. They gave me some medicine at one point because I had to continue my treatments and I didn’t have any meds left for that evening before getting more overnighted. That nurse was so sweet and just told me to come pick it up. The other nurses told me that I had “used meds for cancer patients and that I needed to replenish their stock” They repeatedly made me cry and feel horrible during the process. They really need to get new nurses that actually have a heart and care for their patients.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Nice waiting room... not very organized though. They sent my husband to collections because of a $200 bill after we had paid them 15k... their front counter staff was pretty nice. Honestly just nothing to rave about
We probably paid around 10k to their office plus medications
What specific things went wrong at CARE Fertility?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kevin [Doody] is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kevin is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Don't hesitate to ask all your questions!
I can't help but compare my experience at CARE fertility with that at the first clinic I went to. There are a billion reasons why I feel like a human at CARE - the staff are incredibly personable and warm, we got to meet 1:1 with a nurse to show us how to use the meds (vs a group class and instructions to watch a youtube video) and 1:1 with someone from the lab who happily answered all my crazy highly-researched questions (vs never having any interaction with anyone from the lab; and being told by the doctor to stop googling things), Dr. Kevin answers my emails at all hours (vs never having direct contact with the doctor), they call us with lab results (vs using a portal). It's amazing!
Dr. Kevin's treatment was highly personalized (compared to my first doctor) - he put me on an antagonist protocol, adjusted as we went and made some last minute decisions based on daily lab work (for example he prescribed two kinds of triggers - pregyl and lupron - and Dr. Kevin decided on trigger day which one to use based on my lab work - versus using a pre-determined medication). I felt at the center of the treatment cycle. The nurses explained every aspect of the cycle carefully - giving me demos of the medications, explaining clearly what the next steps were, etc. Another aspect of the cycle that I really appreciated was his shared-risk (MaxCare) plan - essentially you pay extra and get up to 6 cycles over the course of the year. It gives us a huge sense of security and we appreciate knowing that it's in his benefit as well as ours to have a successful cycle.
One nurse in particular is incredibly warm and friendly. All are smart and helpful with excellent bedside manner.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths - they time IVF cycles to YOUR schedule; smart staff who seem to really feel ownership over their role in the process; on top of latest research; patient-focused Weakness - they are a four hour drive from where I live (boo!)
We had costs for the initial appointment, then costs for a surgery, then we paid through their MaxCare program to cover 6 cycles over the course of one year. The prices were clear from the get-go. Nothing hidden. Nothing complicated.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
When we went to our first visit, everything was great. Dr. Doody seemed to have a plan for us to follow, explained it all very well, and made us feel very confident in each step. We moved forward with surgery to prep for IVF, then with IVF itself and two separate transfers. After each one failed, there have been no explanations except bad luck and to try again. For an appointment with the Dr. Doody, we have to wait up to 30 minutes to be seen for about 3 minutes of a conversation that doesn't really provide many answers.
Even if statistics show that you have good odds, don't let the doctor get your hopes up by saying everything looks great or expect to be that one exception to the rule. Cautious optimism.
He spoke to us about our individual case, but still provided statistics when asked for them.
To treat my blocked tube and endometriomas on my ovaries, I had laparascopic surgery to remove a tube and drain cysts in order to prep for IVF. My IVF cycle included Gonal-F and menopur with rather low doses since I responded well. We did a lupron trigger to prevent OHSS. On the day of our fresh transfer, we were told the lupron trigger may have a bad effect on my lining, but we went forward anyways (I felt like that should have been stated when we did the trigger or more than 10 minutes before transfer at least). Fresh transfer was negative; frozen transfer later resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications. They had me order way more medication than I needed, so I wish they would have suggested ordering enough for the first week and waiting to see what I would need for the second week. Or even suggesting/ordering the Gonal-F pens in a smaller quantity to take advantage of overfill. I had an extra 900 unit pen after my cycle (which cost me about $1000).
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund. The water fountains in the waiting room don't work, so it's hard to get hydrated for a blood draw if you didn't bring water with you. They were usually able to work around my schedule for quick appointments.
$8500 global fee for IVF with ICSI (even if you don't use ICSI) About $4700 in medications for the egg retrieval cycle (didn't use about $1500 of that) $2500 or so for frozen cycle about $350 in medications for frozen cycle
Bedford

I saw Dr. Doody initially for consultation of IVF. He was warm and genuinely seemed interested in our story of trying to conceive and what we were dealing with. I saw him again at the beginning of our IVF cycle for screening, but then afterward I only saw the nurses throughout the cycle.... Dr. Doody was kind and had warm bedside manner. He has shown empathy (as any fertility doctor should). However, he isn't really seen once you start treatment. You work more with nursing staff than your actual doctor.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Advice I would give to anyone wanting to see Dr. Doody is that he is a warm, caring doctor... however, once treatment begins, you will likely not see him throughout the cycle of treatment.
The nurses I worked with don't really have empathy in the situation. Any questions I had about treatment or medication I was made to feel like I wasn't the brightest bulb. I feel like, if you're a nurse in a fertility clinic, you should be warm and kind as any kind of fertility treatment is backed with a ton of emotion and stress. Unfortunately, the nurses here are hit and miss. Some are very kind, while others seem like they don't want to be there.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Clinic itself is very clean and tidy. When you check in for an appointment, you are greeted with a tablet and not a person. Sometimes the front desk staff says hello, which is nice. I guess checking in by computer is more efficient so there are no errors. The costs of treatment here are also pretty standard.
Bedford

After our IVF was canceled ...we spoke to Dr. Doody about our experience and he listened but had no compassion. We discussed another round, and he only wanted to try the exact same protocol, which we were against. We ultimately left that clinic to seek out a doctor who would always be there to listen and take a new approach...Dr. Doody gave us his time, listened and shared his professional opinion/ expectations before the treatment...Don't expect an overly warm personality.
European, Other
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
After our IVF was canceled by Dr Nackley with zero communication (Dr. D was out of town), we spoke to Dr. Doody about our experience and he listened but had no compassion. We discussed another round, and he only wanted to try the exact same protocol, which we were against. We ultimately left that clinic to seek out a doctor who would always be there to listen and take a new approach.
Make sure he will be in town throughout the process. Don't expect an overly warm personality. Do your research on how you want to be treated and stand your ground.
Dr. Doody gave us his time, listened and shared his professional opinion/ expectations before the treatment. It was only when he left town and a fellow doctor in the practice made us feel like not only a number, but nothing she wanted to deal with. Dr. Doody even told us afterwards that he would not have handled things that way.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Oliver)
They were kind and I had no problem with the staff. The entire clinic seemed busier than I would prefer, but it never caused a problem.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Good about appointment times, email communication, a nice facility Weakness: n/a
Bedford

Dr. Doody was straight forward but friendly. I never felt like any questions were off the table or that I wasn't the focus of the conversation. He made me feel comfortable about all of the processes we were going to explore.... Dr. Doody provided all of the information regarding our fertility and was open to any questions we might have.... The nursing staff at the clinic are all very warm and friendly. I felt like I was being introduced to a team who was truly interested in helping us grow our family.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Bring your questions to your first appointment, I felt like that was the best opportunity for a sit-down.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Make sure your come to appointments a little early in case you need to complete paperwork or make arrangements for your next visit to speed things along. I didn't know until I had arrived that additional information was needed since I had already completed my patient history information.
What specific things went wrong at CARE Fertility?
Bedford

He was very kind and explained many things. Was opening to answering questions and concerns and was always smiling and positive...Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is [done] by the nurses, not the Doctor, and I wasn't really told about that.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Don't hesitate to ask or ask them to repeat something they said. The process can be overwhelming but worth it.
I really felt good about meet with him and the office. Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is don't by the nurses not the Doctor and I wasn't really told about that. However, my 2nd IUI was a little challenging and one of the Doctors came in to help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
They have been so nice and quick to answer questions or concerns. They also had very positive attitudes and seemed to genuinely care about their patients.
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Doody] was very sincere whenever I had to talk to him.... I loved having him as a doctor. The only reason I quit going is because I moved out of state. He always seemed sincere and would answer any questions that I had. He even tried working with my husband and I since my husband was going back and forth to South Korea and Texas.... He was a great doctor to work with. He took his time and started the testing process immediately.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He was very sincere whenever I had to talk to him.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic was great from the way they had everything set up. i don’t remember any weaknesses. To me it was set up like different stations. You see the check in lady then nurses then dr then the insurance/ money people then check out. It’s done very well.
My insurance paid for everything that I had done before I moved.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
During our consultation and treatment planning visit with Dr. Doody, I felt so at ease. The best part was that he did his homework on my medical history prior to the appointment and was ready to get right into a discussion. ... Dr. Doody will take the time to go over everything with you and he wants you to go into the next steps in your treatment plan confidently. ... spent ample time getting to know us, discussing our medical history and what to expect next in our treatment plan.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was great during our consultation visit and spent ample time getting to know us, discussing our medical history and what to expect next in our treatment plan. The consultation wasn’t rushed and we truly felt like he cared.
Make sure to send the clinic your medical history prior to your appointment so Dr. Doody can review and bring a list of questions or concerns with you to your initial visit. Dr. Doody will take the time to go over everything with you and he wants you to go into the next steps in your treatment plan confidently.
During our consultation and treatment planning visit with Dr. Doody, I felt so at ease. The best part was that he did his homework on my medical history prior to the appointment and was ready to get right into a discussion. I had never experienced that before, usually I walk into an appointment with a new doctor and have to repeat everything that is written in the charts in front of them. That was so refreshing, I knew I was finally in the right place!
The nurses at the clinic were very warm and explained everything including next steps in treatment well
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic was very well maintained and felt like a cozy, private office instead of a cold, clinic. The front desk was warm and welcoming and even handed me a welcome bag with goodies upon arrival. That was such a sweet touch. They pride themselves on the technology they have on site and the more accurate results they produce than outsourced labs could offer.
The financial coordinator was up front about everything before it was scheduled and the cost of effortless IVF is even laid out on the clinic website. Everything was very straightforward
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Doody stated that for my age of 31 a single embryo transfer would be best... took the time to explain all of the details to both myself and my wife for each of the procedures we would be using. When we had out follow up appointment he answered all our questions...recommend the best course of treatment for us and our budget...recommended we use reciprocal IVF and the Effortless IVF treatment process. We will be retrieving eggs from my partner for me to carry.
IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was amazing from the start! He was able to answer all our questions and recommend the best course of treatment for us and our budget. Dr. Doody was able to listen to each of our individual concerns and address our needs personally.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, then think of more questions and ask again!
Dr. Doody took the time to explain all of the details to both myself and my wife for each of the procedures we would be using. When we had out follow up appointment he answered all our questions. Upon the first consultation we were able to speak with an embryologist as well who walked us through all the information we needed.
Dr. Doody recommended we use reciprocal IVF and the Effortless IVF treatment process. We will be retrieving eggs from my partner for me to carry. We are still in the beginning stages of the process so our results are up in the air! We have had friends in the past with 2 successful pregnancies which is why we choose Dr. Doody.
The nursing staff we engaged with so far have been great! They are trying to get to know us as patients rather than numbers!
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
So far the clinic has been great. They have taken the time to contact us multiple times as needed to gather all our paperwork and information. They answer all our questions promptly to the best of their knowledge.
With Effortless IVF the cost is about 10k
Dr. Doody stated that for my age of 31 a single embryo transfer would be best.