Medical SchoolU. of Texas Southwestern
ResidencyU. of Tennessee
FellowshipU. of South Carolina
11232 NE 15th St
Bellevue, WA 98004
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Johnson to a friend?
Neutral: 25%Don't recommend: 75%2

3.5

3.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Overlake Reproductive Health to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
During the first consultation, I was told [by Dr. Kevin Johnson] that the ivf treatment would be tailored to my needs. What happened was the complete opposite. Nearly the same protocol is given to everyone regardless of your concerns with being given too much stimulation meds. Also, everyone undergoing ivf is required to start a “cycle” at the same time- you either miss the cutoff and have to wait a couple months or get to start right away.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson is a very clever businessman. He is knowledgeable in ART but only to a certain extent.. he was very eager to “diagnose” me without any real concrete evidence or further testing. I let my eagerness to begin ivf get in the way of good judgement. I fully believe that Dr Johnson tells you what you want to hear, waits to collect payment, and then moves forward with the highest drug protocol for everyone, regardless of their unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Find a different doctor ASAP.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
During the first consultation, I was told that the ivf treatment would be tailored to my needs. What happened was the complete opposite. Nearly the same protocol is given to everyone regardless of your concerns with being given too much stimulation meds. Also, everyone undergoing ivf is required to start a “cycle” at the same time- you either miss the cutoff and have to wait a couple months or get to start right away.
Describe the protocols Kevin Johnson used in your cycles at Overlake Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
He put me on the highest drug protocol. Oral meds, hormone patches and injections were all included. He said, more meds equated to better stimulation of the ovaries. The results were horrible and a total waste of money and emotional stability.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo)
Jo is the head nurse. Your appointments will be with her, not the doctor. She was kind of all over the board; sometimes cordial, sometimes rushed, sometimes absent with communication.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very nice before you truly become a patient. After you’ve paid your dues, you truly feel like just a number. ORH prides itself on being a “boutique clinic” but they are honestly the total opposite. There is nothing “small town” or “customized” about this place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health.
this clinic is WAY more expensive than others, both in the area and out of state. I believe a single ivf costs around $19,000+ a triple bundle around$38,000+
What specific things went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Bellevue

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health.

2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Johnson is quite animated and friendly. Since we had prior history, he was able to dive a little deeper into solving our fertility issues. I felt like he was able to take a deeper look at our issues than our previous clinic had. His approach leans quite heavy on testing and using various drugs & supplements for treatment...Dr. Johnson likes to use drugs! The cycles I had with him were quite different from my first cycle at a different clinic. I was popping a lot of pills and was maxed out on the stim meds. We did 3 cycles, and I think we tried a variety of strategies with each one.
2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Animated, friendly, knowledgeable.
Try to set your expectations ahead of time. Meaning, know how far you want to go if you don't succeed the first time. I felt like it was hard for me to know when to say when after we'd invested so much with each cycle (4 own egg + 1 donor egg). And there was some question as to if the clinic/Dr. Johnson was a proponent of pushing for additional treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo Overhouse)
I got to know Jo over several years of treatment. She is extremely knowledgeable and always available to answer questions. The rest of the staff was very friendly as well and always willing to help when questions or issues came up.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
Good clinic - and since I had success, it is hard to describe them with a critical eye. I somewhat felt like they could have been pushing additional services (ie. buy the 3 for 2 package instead of the single package) on us, but in the blur and frustration of being infertile, part of that was on me to figure out where I drew the line. Additionally, for our donor cycle, we wanted to look at using my sister as a donor. There was a bit of resistance since her test results were borderline iffy, and the clinic definitely wanted to push their own donors in order to increase success rates. However, our donor didn't produce high quality eggs and was booted from the program. We were very lucky to get a successful pregnancy.
We signed up for the 3 for 2 plan and used all own egg retrieval - cost was around $30k without meds. We used one single cycle with donor egg - cost (I think) was around $17k + meds

2010 - 2011
5 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Kevin Johnson] knew my husband had a stricture in his urethra but still had us do our UI cycles knowing that my husband's volume of ejaculate was likely not enough to produce enough sperm... I wish I understood his protocols because after we went through our UI cycles it became very obvious that he was just grasping at straws's when the issue had nothing to do with me and everything to do with my husband and the fact that he needed surgery
2010 - 2011
5 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
It was the worst experience I've ever had with any kind of doctor. He lied on the forms he filled out about our consultation and put things in my consultation paperwork that never happened when I met him and that he never told me. He knew my husband had a stricture in his urethra but still had us do our UI cycles knowing that my husband's volume of ejaculate was likely not enough to produce enough sperm
Change doctors immediately.
Because he did not give me specialized care and since he couldn't figure out my issue from testing me he said I had "borderline PCOS" which I found out later isn't even possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Joe)
The nurses were much better than Dr. Johnson. However some of their policies are absolutely ridiculous and most likely part of Dr. Johnson's protocol and policy is not something the nurses decide but rather have to ensure are followed. When I asked for a copy of my file they charged me for it. That to me seems very unethical when I pay top dollar to see this clinic and this doctor
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
After changing doctors and clinics I realize how on organized and unprofessional this clinic is compared to the one I'm seeing now but at the time they seemed OK and like any other doctor you would see not a specialized clinic where people are paying top dollar for treatment
Every service they provided had a buy three get one free in Vance which only works if you're extremely rich
What specific things went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health?