Available by cell phone
FellowshipUCSD
1000 E. Park Blvd.
Boise, ID 83712
208-342-5900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Maas to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Produced 16 eggs, 10 embryos, 6 survived and 4 PGS tested embryos [with Dr. Kevin Mass]...is an advocate for single embryo transfer and his rationale is supported with data and the comment “I would hate to tell my children their delays are due to a decision I made.” He is very persuasive in this regard...always takes the time to explain everything and offer his personal experience to help normalize infertility. His compassion, empathy, and knowledge are evident.
The clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor...The medical staff is exceptional. Their service is highlighted by compassion, empathy, and knowledge that makes the process easy and effortless even though it can be daunting and stressful. At times we struggled with admin staff expecting decisions for treatment we didn’t have answers for and that was frustrating. While the billing department has a tough job, more focus on client support and service would be beneficial for overall experience.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas continues to prove time and time again that his compassion and empathy for this process are values when he is treating patients. Dr. Maas always is open and available to any questions and concerns we might have. His conservative yet deliberate approach to treatment is reassuring and comforting in an otherwise scary and uncomfortable experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be open and ask as many questions as you have. Know that his direction and opinion are there for a reason.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas always takes the time to explain everything and offer his personal experience to help normalize infertility. His compassion, empathy, and knowledge are evident.
Describe the protocols Kevin Maas used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF cycle: Agonist with menopur, gonal-f, and Lupron. Produced 16 eggs, 10 embryos, 6 survived and 4 PGS tested embryos. FET: progesterone and estradiol valerate injections. Resulted in ectopic pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hilton, Zabrina Kopp, Natalie Levin)
Nursing staff is amazing! They show compassion, empathy, and really feel the successes and fails with you.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Treatment costs were significant. The clinic worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor.
Describe Kevin Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Maas is an advocate for single embryo transfer and his rationale is supported with data and the comment “I would hate to tell my children their delays are due to a decision I made.” He is very persuasive in this regard.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Maas is extremely thorough. He goes over every detail and every scenario. ... He was earnest and honest and made me feel so comfortable, like we were two friends chatting. He even had power points, and as a visual learner I found this very helpful! ... I thought for sure he would recommend going straight to IVF, which he did not. I appreciated the fact that I didn't feel pushed into anything.
They [Idaho Center for Repro Med] have you pay as you go along. ... Communication is a bit difficult. They do not use their patient portal at all (but they have you set one up...?) So I emailed someone about lab results and no one ever responded to me. Then I called the clinic and they said "Oh yeah, we don't really use the portal". So that was a bit frustrating. The front office staff is kind, but they do have some newer people who don't know all the details yet.
European, Other
Dr. Maas is extremely thorough. He goes over every detail and every scenario. I had a LOT of questions and he answered them all. He was absolutely amazing. He was earnest and honest and made me feel so comfortable, like we were two friends chatting. He even had power points, and as a visual learner I found this very helpful! He was open and honest about his own fertility journey with his wife, and it made him seem even more understanding. Knowing that I was new to the area, he even gave me a list of restaurants to try! I didn't feel rushed at all, it was a great appointment.
Please book and appointment with him!
Dr. Maas talked to me like any other person. He didn't act like he felt bad for me, he acted like I was normal! He was open and kind, and chatted with me like we were friends.
I had 4 failed IUI's under my belt when I went to Dr. Maas. I thought for sure he would recommend going straight to IVF, which he did not. I appreciated the fact that I didn't feel pushed into anything. He said he thought we could push my body further with injectable medications. We used Gonal-F, and I did end up with five follicles. My IUI still failed, but I did learn that I respond fairly well to meds, so that was good to know moving forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was thorough with all the details. She was also the one who did my IUI and she was VERY compassionate and kind to me throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They have you pay as you go along. With our other clinic, you had to pay a flat fee before the IUI. Here you pay after every appointment.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt like a number because I was doing IUI with donor sperm and not managed or monitored well. I have met with the doctor and reviewed all my concerns and issues....Dr. Maas was very receptive to hearing my concerns and admitted that some of the issues were related to him not having me come in to see him when changing from natural to medicated IUI cycles. He has been candid and compassionate and is making changes in the clinic processes
When you call the office [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.... Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Ask to speak to him if you ever need clarification of have concerns with the clinic
I felt like a number because I was doing IUI with donor sperm and not managed or monitored well. I have met with the doctor and reviewed all my concerns and issues. Now that I am pursuing IVF I feel more like a human.
I underwent 2 IUIs naturally with my cycle. Then was given Clomid 100mg for the next 2 IUIs. My 5th IUI was with Letrozole 5mg. I was not educated about trigger injections and how they can give you the best possible chance. The staff assumed I had been given information and every time they asked me if I had a trigger injection I said I was given one it was documented that i adamantly refused them. I found out later I was supposed to have baseline US prior to starting Clomid and Letrozole and was never told to do so. The IUI was mismanaged by the clinic staff. All IUIs resulted in negative HCG tests.
From the time of my initial consult in Feb 2018, he has had 3 MAs. Given that I was treated like a number and not a person there was no one invested in my care. When you call the office and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out. There are some process changes currently in progress with the clinic that if there is a change in care/management for IUIs patients will be scheduled with the doctor to discuss it in detail so that the patient is more informed.
IUIs $285 US was $225 IVF $15k (this is coat for single cycle) and $3000 for FET. Will be proceeding with IVF this month through Attain 2 cycle program. Consultations $350
Not yet. I am pursuing IVF this month

3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
During our consultation he [Dr. Kevin Maas] reviewed our history, listened to our story of our loss ending in a stillborn. He watch me cry...and consoled me and my husband. He was very caring and empathetic to our situation. If I didn't understand something, Dr. Maas literally drew a picture of my uterus on a piece of paper so I could understand the need for surgery for removing a septum. I felt at ease and hopeful but realistic each time I left his doctors office.
Autumn at the front reception [at ID Center for Reproductive Med] is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Maas surprised me on our first visit. My husband and I walked in with worry, trying to understand and hoped to get answers about my body and its unwillingness to retain a pregnancy. Other obgyn's and Family MD's tell you, "Make whoopie more often" to address infertility issues. Not Dr Maas. During our consultation he reviewed our history, listened to our story of our loss ending in a stillborn. He watch me cry...and consoled me and my husband. He was very caring and empathetic to our situation. If I didn't understand something, Dr. Maas literally drew a picture of my uterus on a piece of paper so I could understand the need for surgery for removing a septum. I felt at ease and hopeful but realistic each time I left his doctors office.
Its okay to share your experience and trust him. He isn't just a doctor knowing how to correct some infertility issues, he is human and knows we are too. He will do his best and give his most honest option in a realistic way. He smiles too!
The staff is kind and gentle with our feelings which was a surprise to me because I was expecting to be just a number. The opposite happened as each staff member made me and my husband comfortable, informed and at ease throughout our process.
First we had to address the reason for my miscarriages and stillborn. We did water ultrasounds and dye ultrasounds to see what the shape of my uterus was. Then diagnosed with a Septum in my uterus. That prevented any egg or embryo to attach to that section of my uterus to receive full nutrition during pregnancy. Despite it being not so great news, I understood the why. Next remove that septum with surgery. After the surgery we received color photos of before/during/after shots of my interior uterus. Very informative and interesting. We had to get my uterus up to par to carry a child. So then proceeded with IUI because it was the least expensive option for our needs. Each month with Clomid and other injections (not covered by insurance) to help with my Egg growth. Turned out because of my age, we learned my eggs are not of the best quality. Next step - Egg Donor. We hoped we could afford an egg donor so I could feel at ease knowing there is still part of my husband in our child but the costs there are not covered by insurance. Since we had done three IUI's, Egg Donor and IVF for both the Donor and Myself would be required. I am currently on a waitlist for a donated Egg from those who've completed their families. Overall this is a difficult and stressful process but it was easier knowing I could reach out to Dr Maas for guidance on what is next. He is devoted to helping us build our family as we move forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shana)
I had Shana for my first couple of visits before she moved to a position as Egg Donor Coordinator. I love her! She made me feel so comfortable, supported and has an excellent bedside manner with a happy disposition each time I see her.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Autumn at the front reception is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
Our health insurance covered everything but the Medications and Dr. Maas portion of Surgery Expenses. Other than that we were good with what we received. Moving forward with a more extensive procedure like IVF, it might be more only due to our Insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

During the initial consultation, Dr. Maas was extremely kind and he described our options thoroughly. I felt informed and educated. He didn't try and persuade us to one infertility treatment over another. ... Dr. Maas was friendly and informative, but he was not super personable. ... Overall, I don't feel like communication is that great between him and his patients. I think more contact with the doctor would have made our experience smoother and made me feel more comfortable.
Conflicted information was when told best places to give shots. ... Most insurances aren't taken there [ID Ctr for Repro Medicine]. ... We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. ... There are some amazing nurses though!!! ... Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. ... Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw.
During the initial consultation, Dr. Maas was extremely kind and he described our options thoroughly. I felt informed and educated. He didn't try and persuade us to one infertility treatment over another. He did state what dangers there were for me if we tried doing an IUI, which helped us make a decision we felt comfortable with. He has wonderful slide presentation that explained the different infertility treatments perfectly. After the consultation, the only times we have seen him were the day of the egg retrieval and the day of the frozen embryo transfer. We did speak with him briefly on the phone a few times. These phone calls took place when we were told how many eggs fertilized, when discussing how many embryo to transfer, and next steps after our first negative FET. The phone calls were short and to the point. Overall, I don't feel like communication is that great between him and his patients. I think more contact with the doctor would have made our experience smoother and made me feel more comfortable.
Make sure to ask him questions. If you have a concern, make sure to bring it up! A lot of the information I was given was because I asked. I asked to speak with the doctor. I would say it's important to do your own research as well. Don't make decisions just off of what he recommends. Genetic testing and ERA are both important ones to research on your own.
Dr. Maas was friendly and informative, but he was not super personable. After our first failed FET, he didn't communicate with us. The communication came from the coordinator. Truthfully, it would have been easier to process the news of a failed frozen embryo transfer if we were given an explanation or suggestion of the next best step. It's hard news to hear, but I think it would be better to hear that news from the doctor.
Interestingly enough, this question made me realize I wasn't ever told why he used the specific protocol and what the differences were. (This was for the egg retrieval) This is exactly why I would say it's important to do your research so you can know what questions to ask. I don't know why he chose the specific protocols and strategies, that was never explained to me.
The nurses are all kind and sweet, but hard to get to know them. We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. Each time I came in for an ultra sound it was with someone different, and I didn't get phone calls from the same nurse either. I spoke with a lot of different nurses. It makes it a lot less personal. There are some amazing nurses though!!! I truly appreciated many of them! Jen is amazing!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. Most insurances aren't taken there. Little frustrated that the pregnancy blood test, which was a negative, was $160. Wish I would have known to ask if that test could be taken somewhere else where insurance would cover. (Not sure if that's an option, but worth asking) Appointments go quick, especially if you have to head to work, but I have never had a hard time getting the appointment time I need. I don't have to be into work until later than most though. Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw. That can be frustrating with how much time the process is anyways. If you are checking in make sure you are assertive and communicate with them if you are waiting more than ten minutes. Another frustration was that a prescription was called into a pharmacy. The pharmacist informed us that the same prescription could be filled at Walgreens for $5! At the pharmacy the clinic called it into, it was over $100!!!!!!! When it comes to medications, definitely do your research!!
Frozen embryo transfer JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $2,900 Egg retrieval, freeze-all. JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $8,700 (not including any extra fees, anesthesia not inlucded, icsi, storage of embryo, etc)
I appreciated this about Dr. Maas. He told us all the possible dangers, but also helped us feel comfortable with any decision that we would make. He clarified questions that we had about single embryo transfer versus multiple. Felt like he would never recommend more than two, but would be supportive of your personal decision.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maas has always taken the time to explain the situation and course of treatment and has offered free consultations to answer questions that my wife and I had about changes in treatment options.... The original course of action was to use Clomid to to induce ovulation. When it was found that my wife was fairly resistant to ovulation on Clomid alone, Dr. Maas incorporated injectables to help stimulate ovulation, which has worked 3 out of 3 times. We are attempting IUI's for now as a less invasive and less expensive course of treatment, for now. Nothing has resulted in a positive pregnancy test, yet.
The clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med] is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Maas has an incredible team that he works with which helps. We know he has a lot of patients other than us, but we don't feel that way when we see him. He is very compassionate and offers up as much or as little informations as you want. We are very pleased with the level of care that Dr. Maas has given us.
Ask a lot of questions, he will give you the answers you are looking for in a way that you can understand and digest.
The nursing staff has been amazing. Every single one of them is compassionate and caring and very personable. We haven't had a single bad experience with any of them.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
+ Read more- Read less

Going into the consultation he [Dr. Maas] was very friendly, made us feel hopeful when we weren’t feeling that way at all beforehand. I do have to say since the consultation we have only seen him one other time after 5 months of going there, I thought we would be dealing with him more than we have been...First he did a hsg test to see if there was any blockage and he didn’t see any, so then they put me clomid and ordered me an HCG shot. I went in to check my folicles and I ovulated before I even did the HCG shot so they started to schedule me for the IUI and then they called me after we left to tell me my uterine lining was too thin and they wouldn’t suggest going through with IUI. I believe Dr. Maas was out of town for this so the nurse asked another doctor. After that we tried again the next month but with femara and we actually did the HCG shot as well, when they checked my follicles they said they were great but my lining was still thin so I was put on Estrace until the day of the IUI. They had me come back in two weeks for a blood test to see if I was pregnant, I wasn’t. So they wanted to try some different injectible medications and I had left a message to the nurse that I was supposed to and they called me back too late so I wasn’t able to do anything that cycle either. So far we still haven’t received a positive pregnancy but we are still trying.
Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind...I mentioned earlier that my nurse went on maternity leave and I feel like things haven’t run as smoothly since she has left. I have not received phone calls back after I leave a message, I wasn’t even told if there is a different person I should be talking to since she did leave. There have just been a few issues with that, but nothing major.
He was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. I felt like we’ve had a lot of people give us the run around before him and he didn’t seem worried about everything everyone else had said. It made me a little uncomfortable at first because I wanted him to just check everything for both of us. But he was really trying to help save us money where he could and I knew I just had to trust him. Him sharing his fertility issues with his wife definitely made my husband and I feel not so alone in this process. We left feeling super hopeful for once. I feel like he does great with his patients I just wish that we could see him more for those times we do have a billion questions. I’ve heard that unless you’re doing IVF or that him and Dr. Slater won’t see you much and that is a little disappointing.just because we can’t afford to do that doesn’t mean we should be seen less.
Think of all your questions you might have, write them down if you have to and just make sure you ask him everything. Going through infertility is confusing and can be kind of scary and the more knowledge you have the better you feel, at least that’s how I feel. I would also say don’t expect to see him too much but don’t be scared to ask your questions to the nurses and others who help.
Going into the consultation he was very friendly, made us feel hopeful when we weren’t feeling that way at all beforehand. I do have to say since the consultation we have only seen him one other time after 5 months of going there, I thought we would be dealing with him more than we have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse was super on top of things, I try to track my cycle on my Ovia app, and it was telling me to take a pregnancy test later but she called to tell me I could take it that day. If I started my period I would leave a message and she would always get back to me the same day and tell me what the plan for the new month was. Unfortunately she is on maternity leave at the moment and I feel like I have had nothing but issues, no return phone calls from the nurse Ariel who is supposed to be taking care of her patients during that time. I don’t fault Ariel since I am sure she is taking on more patients but it is frustrating to not be able to get the same treatment I was receiving. Also I have to note that Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Just getting a consultation took months unfortunately, I know fertility isn’t cheap for anyone and I do think they try to help out where they can but the amount of money we spend each time we just go in is emotional all on it’s own. I think their biggest strength is their employees being compassionate and kind is just soo important when doing their job and it goes a long way.
Around $5000 maybe
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Maas truly is one of the kindest people I’ve met. He’s an amazing listener, patient and made me feel so cared for during the process of IVF....Dr Maas knew exactly what do to and when do things necessary for treatment. Weather that meant adjusting medications, having conversations about results etc. He made sure I knew that through the planned protocol he wanted me to have a baby and it was important to him. Medications used were birth control, menopure, gonal, and leuprolide for ivf portion.
I love this clinic! They [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Medicine] made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.... With costs of medications and treatment I’m estimating $22,000. We chose to do icsy and pgs testing
Dr. Maas truly is one of the kindest people I’ve met. He’s an amazing listener, patient and made me feel so cared for during the process of IVF. He was always happy to see me and made sure I felt like he knew me personally ever time we spoke. I’m so greatful for him and his willingness to help us have a family.
Trust him 100%! Know that he has your best intentions, and has the same goals as you do! Believe in him and the process.
All of my concerns were validated and heard. I truly feel like he took the time to understand what I was going through and was able to emplithize with me. He was able to help me understand the process fully and made sure that I knew all available information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hilton )
Great! Amazing at responding to messages and phone calls. Always willing to help. Very knowledgeable in the process.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I love this clinic! They made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.
He felt very confident in each single embryo transferred. I appreciated that he was confident in his approach with me to help me carry a baby. I also appreciated that he treated my case individually instead of a one type fits all.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Maas remembers who I am and certain details. He never rushed me when I had a million questions. And whenever I called with a question or concern he spoke to me with care.... He also always had a slideshow to explain the process which is good for me because I am a visual person. He took his time and always made sure I understood every step we were taking.... We were going to start IUI but we had to go through some test and blood work first.
The atmosphere [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.... I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000.... Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very detailed. He also always had a slideshow to explain the process which is good for me because I am a visual person. He took his time and always made sure I understood every step we were taking.
Never hesitate to ask questions and don’t ever feel that you can’t ask any questions.
We were going to start IUI but we had to go through some test and blood work first. He had given me a medication to start my monthly cycle and then we were put on birth control so we could time the IUI. After the test we ended up not following through with IUI and wanted to go straight to IVF. We spoke with Dr. Maas and went over the strategy and appointments. Our insurance didn't cover it and we were unable to get the loan for $20,000 and we are kind of at a stand still
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail. I was in tears when I called her because I felt like my whole world had just c rumbled. I never received a call back and when she did call me back a month later she said she was calling because she said she was told that we wanted to discuss IVF.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The atmosphere is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.
Everything was out of pocket. I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000
We decided on doing the 2 embryo transfer to make our odds of conceiving higher. He showed us a slide show and explained the process thoroughly.
+ Read more- Read less

My main problem is ovulation, I just don’t ovulate. So he [Dr. Kevin Mass] tried specific doses with me of medication and trigger shots combined with what he called his “Hail Mary”. We did this a few times, none of which worked - but through ultrasounds we could at least see what we needed to do next. Now we are just preparing and hoping to start IVF with him soon.
I love this clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med-Boise]- the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.... My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
Honestly, like I explained we’ve seen a lot of doctors through our infertility journey and by far, Maas has been our favorite. He is just relatable and makes us feel comfortable. Not to mention how positive he is - this has been a long journey for us and it’s just been nice to have someone keep the positivity there when we are down.
The only thing I would say is - go in with questions. He is great at answering anything and everything, but if I don’t have them in my head or written down then I usually leave that appointment still trying to figure things out.
He really took the time to talk to me, explain my options and didn’t rush us into anything. We tried different approaches before ultimately reaching the IVF road that we are currently in. We’ve met with a lot of infertility doctors through the years and he honestly was just one of the most understanding, sympathetic and overall just listened rather than rushing into something.
My main problem is ovulation, I just don’t ovulate. So he tried specific doses with me of medication and trigger shots combined with what he called his “Hail Mary”. We did this a few times, none of which worked - but through ultrasounds we could at least see what we needed to do next. Now we are just preparing and hoping to start IVF with him soon.
I love this clinic - the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was incredible! My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
I mean, nothing about infertility is cheap. Our insurance isn’t accepted at their office which made it hard since bloodwork and stuff is covered (although nothing else is). We just had to turn in receipts to our insurance for reimbursement. But overall, it’s been pricey - but that’s just infertility.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr.Mass was always very straight forward with us, but kind and thoughtful at the same time we it came time to explaining treatment to us. He has also been through many treatments with his wife and knew what we were going through, and it was so nice to have a doctor you could relate to. I remember when we lost our twins he talked with us and told us that even though this is one of the hardest things we will go through, we CAN get pregnant and that is a huge blessing in itself. Even though I was devistated about losing our twins, I heard onto those words and a couple months later we were pregnant with our daughter.
Everyone is so kind [at ID Center for Reproductive Med]! I never felt I welcomed or cared for as a patient of theirs. It always felt like you got to see family. They helped with everything and always were able to answer questions that I had or concerns.... Jen [a nurse] was very kind and loving. She always called to check and see how things were going and to check and see if we had any questions. She was easy to relate to and helped during hard times without asking.
Listen to him! He knows what he is talking about. Not only has he studied it. He has been through it!
Before we started our first treatments with Dr.Maas we were very surprised to find out we were pregnant with twins. We chose to continue with our ultrasounds with Dr.Maas until our 8 week appointment where we were supposed to graduate and move to another doctor. At our appointment we found out that our twins no longer had heartbeats and were devistated. I have never been so grateful to be with a doctor before in my life. I knew that I wouldn’t have gotten the same care and love that we did with Dr.Maas and staff. Everyone of them have been through somesort of treatment for fertility, have had a miscarriage or child. They mourned with is and called to check on us almost daily to make sure we were ok. We felt more like family than a number or “just another patient”. Once we were ready Dr.Maas helped us get pregnant with her our beautiful baby girl. We love Dr.Maas and his staff!!!
Dr.Maas first placed me on a birth control for a month so I could have my period and then I started taking a different med, it was like clomid but a different med due to me not having a good reaction to clomid. After that he had me to ovulation test and if I had not ovulated by Friday I was to do a shot to make me ovulate (I apologize I don’t remember all the med names) I ended up needing the shot and then we were supposed to have intercourse ever 12-24 hours for 36 hours I believe.
Jen was very kind and loving. She always called to check and see how things were going and to check and see if we had any questions. She was easy to relate to and helped during hard times without asking.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is so kind! I never felt I welcomed or cared for as a patient of theirs. It always felt like you got to see family. They helped with everything and always were able to answer questions that I had or concerns.
In all I believe our treatments cost close to $3000.
We did not have to do embryo transfer during treatment.
+ Read more- Read less

The front staff [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very friendly, the financial coordinator always seemed like she was cheering us on and trying to give us hope (I really liked her), and the person who performed the IUI's had a personality that made me feel at ease during the procedures.... The coordinator was very insensitive to my feelings and made comments that were very unsupportive and didn't match up with what Dr. Maas had told us.
Dr. Maas was very compassionate, kind, and as informative as he could be. We never felt rushed during our appointments or felt like he was in a hurry to get to the next patient. We would have liked more specifics and better communication between him and the staff- he would sometimes tell us one thing while the staff would tell us another. I also wish we would have established a more detailed plan to go off of because I was never 100% sure what he felt would be best for our next step. Overall, I feel like there could have been more clarification and possibly more testing done to answer questions and other possible diagnoses that he thought there was a good chance of me having.
Be sure to ask lots of questions, let him know how informative/blunt you would like for him to be, and make sure all necessary testing is done before you begin treatment.
I felt like Dr. Maas was very considerate of our feelings and tried to help us on the path we were wanting to go.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (I think))
The coordinator was very insensitive to my feelings and made comments that were very unsupportive and didn't match up with what Dr. Maas had told us. When talking to her, she told me my husband's 10,000,000 sperm count was absolutely amazing and questioned my resources when I said that from what I had read that was considered low, and made me feel shame in talking to a friend (who had recently gone through IVF) for support saying, "you shouldn't be talking to your friend about your husband's low sperm count." I think we would have continued treatment with ICRM if I hadn't felt so much confusion and hurt because of the coordinator during an already difficult and sensitive time.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The front staff is very friendly, the financial coordinator always seemed like she was cheering us on and trying to give us hope (I really liked her), and the person who performed the IUI's had a personality that made me feel at ease during the procedures. I like Dr. Maas a lot as well, and think things could have been different had we had a different nurse coordinating our treatments.
I don't remember the specific costs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Maas is honest about all the procedures...the processes and the percentage rate of success...He shared his personal story of his battle with infertility with his wife. He is caring and listens to our concerns...shows compassion towards our circumstance...included us in his decision making and how aggressive we wanted to be. We together to use clomid with all the cycles of iui. I successfully ovulated all three times but all from the same side. Which unfortunately was the side that my fallopian tube was slightly constricted. We are currently saving to try again with a more aggressive approach.
[The nursing] staff at ICRM were so kind and compassionate. The always shared or excitement and good is in the sadness when a cycle was negative...The consult was around $250. Each cycle of IUI was around $1000...There is a consistency throughout all the staff and the quality of the procedures performed. The explain what and why they do anything and are open to any and all questions.
Dr. Maas shows compassion towards our circumstance. He genuinely wants all his patient to experience the wonderful treat it is to become a parent. By sharing his story and experience of being on the patient side of infertility, showed my husband and I that he not only empathizes with us but can also sympathize with our situation and the emotional turmoil that it causes.
Ask every and all questions you could possible have. Dr. Maas is honest about all the procedures toy may have, the processes and the percentage rate of success.
Dr. Maas included us in his decision making and how aggressive we wanted to be. We together to use clomid with all the cycles of iui. I successfully ovulated all three times but all from the same side. Which unfortunately was the side that my fallopian tube was slightly constricted. We are currently saving to try again with a more aggressive approach.
The missing staff at ICRM were so kind and compassionate. The always shared or excitement and good is in the sadness when a cycle was negative.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff is so compassionate and caring. They want you to be successful in all your treatments. There is a consistency throughout all the staff and the quality of the procedures performed. The explain what and why they do anything and are open to any and all questions.
The consult was around $250. Each cycle of IUI was around $1000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Maas went over all our options in great detail. He let us know what he recommends but ultimately let’s you make the decision. He is very kind and makes you feel like a patient and not a number. We first met in his office and we sat down and he showed us his computer that had a slideshow playing that showed us exactly what the procedure would be like. It was really informative and helped us to make our decision and proceed with IVF.
Strengths are the staff [ID Center for Repro Med] and how amazing they are. I love that when I go in there it feels like a family not a dr office. Weaknesses would be how booked out they are ... Andrea, dr Maas’s nurse, is amazing. If I ever have any questions about anything I just shoot her an email and she responds really quickly. Al of the other staff seem to be amazon as well. I got blood drawn from there and the phlebotomist was extremely kind. T
A piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is be prepared to wait a while for your initial appointment. It took us 3 months to get into him. So just be prepared for the wait.
I felt like a human due to the fact that the appointment was very personable and like he wanted to do everything he possibly could in his power that would get my husband and I a baby.
I haven’t actually started the treatment as I’m still in the testing phase.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are the staff and how amazing they are. I love that when I go in there it feels like a family not a dr office. Weaknesses would be how booked out they are (but i guess that just shows how great they are).
The initial visit was $325 but if you have blue cross as your primary I believe that fee is waived.
No comments.
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maas and my coordinator[Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] made sure I knew every part of the IVF procedure and the options that I had. ... Dr. Maas was very nice and I believe that he will give me the baby I truly want. He knows how to do it with a donor egg ... 1 embryo because I am an "older" patient. ... we started with three cycles of clomid, we were then going to do IVF with Donor eggs. ... My experience with Dr. Kevin Maas was very good
They [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] gave me resources to find financial, (even provided me with a grant) and emotional help. They are a clean, well appointed clinic with knowledgeable staff in every portion right down to the blood draw. ... The clinic was excellent, their strengths were communication. I knew about the processes extensively and can tell others what I know. ... Dr. Maas and my coordinator made sure I knew every part of the IVF procedure and the options that I had. I
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
My experience with Dr. Kevin Maas was very good, every person at ICRM were super and treated my with respect and went out of their way to help me in any way they could including providing me with a grant which I couldn't use because I ran out of funds. I will continue to go to Dr. Kevin Maas for any other treatments that I get and often recommend him to others.
Make sure that you go in knowing that there can be disappointments, but Dr. Kevin Maas will help you as long as you can get the funds to have the procedures.
Dr. Maas was very nice and I believe that he will give me the baby I truly want. He knows how to do it with a donor egg, I just ran out of funds to finish the procedures.
very caring, organized and compassionate. Very Knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was excellent, their strengths were communication. I knew about the processes extensively and can tell others what I know. They gave me resources to find financial, (even provided me with a grant) and emotional help. They are a clean, well appointed clinic with knowledgeable staff in every portion right down to the blood draw. Dr. Maas and my coordinator made sure I knew every part of the IVF procedure and the options that I had. I wish I had gone to them years ago!
they were very reasonable, I believe it was about 24,000 for IVF
1 embryo because I am an "older" patient.

Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Maas] was very intelligent and explained everything very well. He didn't mind me asking a million questions and wanting statistics and numbers on everything. He was sympathetic and never questioned or pressured us if we didnt want to do a treatment due to cost...We used rather low doses of gonal-f and Menopur. Due to my risk of preterm labor he was very mindful of possible multiples.
We had a discount program for medications the first year [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]...They [nurses] are always helpful and don't mind if I ask questions. As our treatments went/go on I feel them rooting extra hard for us. Even when they have to call to give us negative results they are compassionate...Please be away are you enter the back hallway it is lined with pictures of the babies they have helped create. I'm sure for some this is encouraging but I feel as my time goes further and further with them I find it hard to look at. It reminds me that others were successful and we have not been.
Other, Unexplained
He was very intelligent and explained everything very well. He didn't mind me asking a million questions and wanting statistics and numbers on everything. He was sympathetic and never questioned or pressured us if we didnt want to do a treatment due to cost.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
They were always very personable. Greeted with a smile and never seemed rushed through.
They are always helpful and don't mind if I ask questions. As our treatments went/go on I feel them rooting extra hard for us. Even when they have to call to give us negative results they are compassionate.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like it is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is very helpful and Tami is always a pleasure to talk with as you check out. She was very helpful when trying to fill out insurance forms for reimbursement. Please be away are you enter the back hallway it is lined with pictures of the babies they have helped create. I'm sure for some this is encouraging but I feel as my time goes further and further with them I find it hard to look at. It reminds me that others were successful and we have not been.
We had a discount program for medications the first year. Our cycles averaged $700ish/cycle with out IUI.
We have not gotten to this point in our treatment yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Very kind, calm, mild mannered and approachable but also very knowledgeable. [Dr. Maas] Spent time looking at our fertility history up to that point and offered his opinion on what he thought we could do differently. This made me feel confident and understood.... The main one was doing PGS testing. The rationale was that if we were investing that much time an money into the process it wouldn’t hurt to make sure that the embryos we would use were chromosomaly normal. That way we weren’t wasting time with an embryo that wouldn’t survive.
I felt like the staff [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] recognized me every time I went in. They always asked about my other child and if I needed to bring him to an appointment it was no big deal. My questions were always answered and they helped me through the process.... Everyone made me feel comfortable. Several of them had been thought IVF as well so I felt they really understood what I was going through.
Very kind, calm, mild mannered and approachable but also very knowledgeable. Spent time looking at our fertility history up to that point and offered his opinion on what he thought we could do differently. This made me feel confident and understood.
Ask lots of questions and be able to be flexible. No fertility journey is linear and there is always something that doesn’t go exactly as planned.
I felt like the staff recognized me every time I went in. They always asked about my other child and if I needed to bring him to an appointment it was no big deal. My questions were always answered and they helped me through the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hilton)
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The actual building was a little old and needed updating but they have since moved to a brand new facility. There was a receptionist that I didn’t really jive with but I don’t think she works there anymore. Otherwise, everyone was great to work with.
Around $30,000. That was for a two cycle plan, medication, ICSI and PGS testing.
He suggested just using one embryo at a time because with the PGS testing we were eliminating some of the reasons for transferring multiple embryos (there is a higher rate of success when you are using embryos that are chromosomaly normal).

2016 - 2019
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Mass is a very fun loving person. He always says hi and smiles. When you need someone to listen, he is there and will take the time with you. He doesn't make you feel like you're a number or he needs yo move on. He even will personally call you to deliver results...After trying a cycle of IVF because we wanted to try it, he sat down and talked to us about embryo donation and egg donors. My hormones have been out of wack and have had to stop and restart meds. He has reassured us he will do his best to get us a kiddo.
The clinic staff [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very nice and are always smiling. They are helpful and will find answers for you. The clinic itself in the waiting room is very sterile and not homey feeling. Sometimes I feel like everyone is staring at you because of the way the waiting room is set up...Zabrina [nurse] is amazing. She is understanding and helps you through difficult news. She helps you financially to try and get better deals.
2016 - 2019
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Go to him. Don't hesitate to write down questions and ask them.
Dr. Mass treated me with respect and sat down and actually listened to me and my spouse. He gave us recommendations but gave his personal choice as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina Kopp)
Zabrina is amazing. She is understanding and helps you through difficult news. She helps you financially to try and get better deals.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic staff is very nice and are always smiling. They are helpful and will find answers for you. The clinic itself in the waiting room is very sterile and not homey feeling. Sometimes I feel like everyone is staring at you because of the way the waiting room is set up.
9,800 for iVF and 4000 for meds
He goes over the health concerns and his reasoning for it.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Maas was very through on each step I need to take to begin the process. He explained all the testing for myself and my husband. He was understanding, since he and his wife have also recently gone through all the stages and testing for fertility treatments.... After the testing we decided to try IUI, I went on clomid for cycle days 3-7, had a couple ultrasounds to measure and count my follicles and then a trigger shot on day 13 with IUI on day 15.
Well they [Idaho Ctr for Repro Med] just recently moved to a beautiful new location. It seems so much bigger and more organized. Everyone seems happy to be in the new, bigger space. They have all the equipment necessary, the rooms are private and not super bright lights.... I think for all the testing for my husband and I and the first round of IUI it was around $2000... Shauna has been great, I don’t actually see her much but she is the one I call for the plans.
Be patient. Trust the process.
He was very personable and understood my goals and issues. His staff have been great to work with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shauna Bennett)
Shauna has been great, I don’t actually see her much but she is the one I call for the plans. She always calls back in a timely manner and is able too answer my questions. She knows the plan as exactly what and when I need to do thing a. She has been really helpful.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Well they just recently moved to a beautiful new location. It seems so much bigger and more organized. Everyone seems happy to be in the new, bigger space. They have all the equipment necessary, the rooms are private and not super bright lights.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Maas was very caring and compassionate. You can tell he really has a passion for helping couples conceive. Our first visit Dr.Maas went over step by step what we were looking at and what we were going to have to do. He always had our best interest in mind.... All of the nurses were so great. I remember a few times breaking down and crying. Going though IVF is so emotional. Most of the staff there has gone through exactly what I went through. They were amazing support!
I think that everything at the clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]was great!!! My scheduling always went smoothly and my appointments were rarely late! Plus hey just moved to an amazing new building which I hear is great! Sometimes I got a little confused on what my bill was and what exactly I was paying for but there was always someone there to help!... All of the nurses were so great. I remember a few times breaking down and crying. Going though IVF is so emotional. Most of the staff there has gone through exactly what I went through. They were amazing support!
Endometriosis, PCOS
I don’t necessarily know if it would be advice but just ask all the questions you need Dr. Maas will happily answer them!
Dr Maas was amazing! Very caring and compassionate!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think that everything at the clinic was great!!! My scheduling always went smoothly and my appointments were rarely late! Plus hey just moved to an amazing new building which I hear is great! Sometimes I got a little confused on what my bill was and what exactly I was paying for but there was always someone there to help!
Dr. Maas prefers to only do one embryo transfer at one time. I expressed my concerned and that I wanted to transfer 2 he let me know that wouldn’t be his choice but said that he would do it. I
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Kevin Mass] took the time to talk to us and answer all questions before even doing any exams or treatments...Dr Maas was very friendly and helpful. He helped explain everything and showed pictures and examples to us. He was more than willing to answer all questions we had and didn't rush us. He seemed to be understanding as he and his wife have also done infertility treatment. Overall I feel my experience was great working with him...He seemed to have my best interest in hand.
It [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is a cute office that feels like home. The staff are all nice and very helpful...All that worked with me seemed to know the doctors and the procedures well. They knew the process and paperwork for everything...He [Dr. Kevin Maas] took the time to talk to us and answer all questions before even doing any exams or treatments.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
He took the time to talk to us and answer all questions before even doing any exams or treatments.
I don't remember everything but he did explain why he would do what he was suggesting due to risk level of best outcome. He seemed to have my best interest in hand.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a cute office that feels like home. The staff are all nice and very helpful.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Maas is patient, kind and has great bedside manner. He explains treatment in a way that makes it understandable and not stressful. He treats each patient like they are his only patient and you can tell he cares greatly about helping his patients start a family.... relax because Dr. Maas is very good at his job and will do everything he can to help them achieve pregnancy.
Everyone at the clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is excellent and very easy to work with! They make you feel like family! The scheduling is great and each step of the way there is someone there to answer any questions that you might have... Kind, organized, willing to go the extra mile.... Dr. Maas is very involved with his patients and makes you feel like you are his only patient.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
To relax because Dr. Maas is very good at his job and will do everything he can to help them achieve pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer and Zabrina )
Kind, organized, willing to go the extra mile.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the clinic is excellent and very easy to work with! They make you feel like family! The scheduling is great and each step of the way there is someone there to answer any questions that you might have
We did a multiple embryo transfer because we had already had a single transfer fail.