Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of South Florida
ResidencyU. of Florida
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kevin Winslow to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Winslow educated us on the positives and negatives of transferring 1 embryo vs 2, he ultimately left it up to us to decide... takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From the from consultation, I've always liked Dr. Winslow. When first beginning, we did IUI and encouraged us to do multiple rounds but when he saw how devastated we were, he did not hesitate to encourage us and say that we can move on and explain the next steps (IVF). When beginning IVF, Dr. Winslow was very thorough and helped us to fully understand the medications & how to do injections. He even offered to draw a bulls-eye on me to show my husband where to insert the needle. After the egg retrieval, Dr. Winslow called me himself to let me know how many eggs were fertilized. He then called me a couple of days later to let me know that none of the fertilized eggs made it to 5day blasts. One thing I did not like when he called me was that he left me a voice message and delivered this devastating news that way. I understand that his time is valuable and this may would have been his only opportunity to deliver this information, but it was rough listening to it on a voicemail message (it would have been rough hearing it live from him also though too). We went back to Dr. Winslow for a post-ivf consult, he met with my husband and I in his office. Not one time did I feel rushed or like anyone did not care. Dr. Winslow showed true concern and listened to us and helped us through it all. During our second round of ivf we received the same great care as before, luckily this time it ended with better news. Dr. Winslow was just as excited as we were to hear how many eggs were retrieved and how many embryos we ended up with. When getting ready for our transfer, Dr. Winslow advised us on how many embryos he would recommend transferring but ultimately left it up to us whether to do 1 or 2. After receiving a positive pregnancy test, we went in at 6 weeks for our first ultrasound. This showed one strong perfect heartbeat and Dr. Winslow seemed just as thrilled and excited as we were and congratulated us. We returned the next week to confirm everything was looking good, sadly the heartbeat had stopped. Dr. Winslow took his time to look and show us to make sure he was correct, he was. I could tell that he hated delivering this news to us nearly as much as we hated hearing it. I never once felt like he did not care for us as his patients. Dr. Winslow thoroughly explains everything on the ultrasound screen as well as the treatment plan ahead. Dr. Winslow does seem to take a bit longer than usual to insert the ultrasound wand, I assume he is just not wanting to just "jab" it in. We are not complete with our treatment, we still have embryos left to transfer and plan on gearing up for our next one here soon, but I do not regret using Dr. Winslow!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Write down questions prior to appointments so you don't forget what to ask, in case he does not cover everything. And record consults and important conversations with your phone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My first round of ivf for egg retrieval I began with 225 units or Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur daily. On day 7 I began Cetrotide. On day 9, Dr. Winslow upped my Gonal F to 300 units and I stopped the Gonal F and Menopur on Day 10. I continued the Cetrotide through Day 12 and also did Lupron trigger shot in the PM of Day 12 & AM of Day 13 with the retrieval being on Day 14. This resulted in 6 eggs retrieved & 0 embryos. My second round of IVF for egg retrieval we started right out with 300 units of Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur, we also added in 53 units of Human Growth Hormone. I began cetrotide on Day 7 again. This time, I continued the Gonal F, Menopur & HGH through day 12. on Day 13 PM and 14 AM I did the Lupron trigger shot with the retrieval being day 15. This resulted in 16 eggs retrieved & 10 embryos frozen. For my transfer, I began taking Endometrin about a week - 2 prior to transfer and I began Progesterone in oil every other day beginning the day before transfer. I continued 2 Endometrin inserted twice daily and Progesterone in oil every other day until we found out the heartbeat stopped (otherwise I would have continued it through week 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Patty has been nothing but great to us! Patty shows genuine concern & compassion with whatever we are going through. when first getting ready to begin injections, Patty took her time to explain and demonstrate using the needles and syringes. She made sure we understood everything and assured that we could call after hours if we had any questions or concerns. Anytime i speak with Patty on the phone or pass her in the hallway at the office she takes time to ask me how I am doing, and I can tell she really cares & wants to know. I also feel like Patty always remembers my name and recognizes me (which I know can be hard when you see so many people every day). She is great!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Anytime I call, the phone is answered before the 2nd or third ring. I have only had to be put on hold one time I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it. The clinic is open 7 days a week (though phones are off during the weekend, but you can be connected to a nurse if needed) so it is really nice to be able to make appointments on Saturday or Sunday if necessary. This clinic does not hesitate and always keeps the ball rolling!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am 100% out of pocket, no insurance. All of their fees are listed on their website & are 100% accurate. We chose the single IVF cycle which has a fee of $6900 plus $800 for ICSI and $750 for cyropreservation. All medication, I bought separately through a pharmacy unless I needed some extra on a dy of a visit, then I was able to purchase a vial at the clinic.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Winslow is very knowledgeable, but bedside manners are not a thing that he possesses at all. He is so forward and straight to the point that it totally rubbed my husband the wrong way, and one time i had to have a conversation with him about backing off a little... I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He is the head doctor of the FIRM, so he has a wealth of knowledge, and I trusted him in that area, and stuck with him because i wanted the best. But as far as bedside manners or compassion, that is not something he possesses, so if you need someone that will kindly walk you through your process and caringly address your needs, he isn’t the doctor for you.
If you want the most knowledgeable and experienced doctor in the practice and you don’t care about the delivery of information than Winslow is the best option. If you do care, and you need someone who can be patient and compassionate, he isn’t the doctor for you
I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed. The first time he had me on BC pills too long and i never made it to retrieval. The second time we did no BC, 2 eggs were retrieved 1 made it to transfer but didn’t stick. The third time I was on BC for only 2 wks, 7 eggs were retrieved, 6 mature and frozen, when thawed and fertilized 4 fertilized, But none made it to embryos and I had nothing to transfer
The nurses were very nice, many of them had trouble drawing my blood, and there were only a few that could get it the first time around, but overall they were good
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The billing specialists sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment
I had insurance for the first few treatments so I was quoted about 3,000 per cycle, not including medicine
Jacksonville
Dr. Kevin Winslow was very knowledgeable about the dreaded fertility experience and treatment options. He also was really straight forward and never sugar coated anything but also showed compassion to you and your situation. He was clear on the treatment and gave you good insight on what to expect. I felt very comfortable but sometimes would get overwhelmed and feel like I couldn’t and didn’t know what questions to ask!
That he is amazing at what he does and how he does it but to go in with a list of questions and thoughts and ask before you leave!
From the front desk to the back.. everyone made you feel comfortable and that they really cared about your struggles. Dr. Winslow also ask personal questions and usually remembers all the details about your life!
Dr. Winslow recommended as our first treatment using fertility medication along with IUI. We used clomid and then had IUI done. We did not get pregnant that month. After the failed IUI, Dr. winslow recommended doing another round of IUI with clomid. We used the clomid but didn’t do the IUI that month. We didn’t get pregnant that next month with timed intercourse. He also said that if male factor was present that we would need to do IVF or if 3 rounds of IUI didn’t work then IVF would be the best treatment.
They are amazing! They also made me feel so comfortable. They also made me feel like my questions were never not heard or dumb! They make the experience so much better and every appointment seem like it matters!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The FIRM has several different locations to accommodate your location. The only issue is that Jacksonville is the only place for the fertility treatments. The Tallahassee location is super nice and very clean! The Jacksonville downtown was in a hospital setting but was still nice but a little older! The FIRM has many strengths but I think the most important for my experience is they all make you feel super comfortable and also are very hopeful for you and your process.
The initial consult with Dr. Winslow was 100. That appointment we just sat down and talked about our issues and what we had already done. He also gave us the treatment options and suggestions at the consult. The ultrasounds were 125 dollars each time. The analysis was roughly 85. The trigger shot was roughly 120. The IUI procedure was 390.
None yet.
Jacksonville
he [Dr. Winslow] encouraged us to move to ivf... He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
He’s a very nice and knowledgeable doctor. He does show compassion and treats each patient with respect and care. He doesn’t go in to a lot of details explaining things. He only explains what you need to know. He’s always on time, I never had to wait for him. He’s very quick with his appointments which is good but also hard to get questions answered.
Let him know ahead of time you have questions and just know if he’s short or doesn’t go in to a lot of detail he isn’t blowing you off. He only goes in to detail about what you really need to know. He doesn’t want you to worry about things you don’t need to worry about. He is very quick and it’s not him being short. He is just very concise in his appointments.
Overall I felt like a human. He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
We started with two rounds of letrozole with TI. Our third round we saw a different doctor and he increased our dose to 7.5 mg and I ended up producing too many eggs so the cycle was cancelled. The next cycle we went back to the 5 mg dose and did our first iui and it didn’t work. The second iui we changed to clomid and it again resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Winslow explained usually if things are going to work, they would by now so he encouraged us to move to ivf. We did gonal-f and menopur and added in cetrotide. We triggered with Lupron and they retrieved 9 eggs. 2 fertilized, 2 went to blast to be frozen and we just transferred those two blastocysts and we are currently in the tww!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall I had a good experience at the FIRM. The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications.
Our doctor strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo but we felt very strongly about transferring both so he allowed it. He explained the risks associated and we understood and still felt comfortable moving forward.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
We loved our experience with Dr. Winslow. He is a straightforward person, but my husband and I are too, so we all meshed well. Bedside manner wasn't hugely important to me compared to knowledge of our situation and a plan of attack.... my AMH level came back .13, signaling to the doctors that I would be put on maximum dosages of the medication as I was would likely be a "poor responder."
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
We loved our experience with Dr. Winslow. He is a straightforward person, but my husband and I are too, so we all meshed well. Bedside manner wasn't hugely important to me compared to knowledge of our situation and a plan of attack. I liked that he has a practical nature and a way of explaining things to us that was easy to understand. I would bring in questions to our appointments when I had them, and he always took the time to answer any of my concerns.
If you have questions, write them down and bring to your appointment. He will take the time to answer them!
At the FIRM, I definitely felt like a human. Dr. Winslow never made me feel like a number; he knew our case and always gave us a practical plan. You always see a FIRM doctor at every appointment, even if Dr. Winslow was unavailable. The nursing staff is AMAZING. They know who you are and know you by name. They are quick to call back and talk through any concerns or questions.
We came to the FIRM and Dr. Winslow after having a miscarriage and extremely irregular cycles post miscarriage. It had almost taken a year to become pregnant, so the blow was a hard one, and then not being able to time anything after was super frustrating. Dr. Winslow first suggested we try timed cycles with assisted with Letrozole. I had to be put on a higher dosage of Letrozole as I wasn't responding as much as he would have liked - we tried this for three cycles before moving onto IUI using Letrozole. This resulted in a negative test, but we wanted to try it one more time. At the egg follicle check before planning the second IUI appointment, we learned I had stopped responding to the Letrozole. This is when we decided to move forward with IVF. I was 32 at the time and my AMH level came back .13, signaling to the doctors that I would be put on maximum dosages of the medication as I was would likely be a "poor responder." It was the antagonist protocol, using Gonal F, menapur and centritide, triggered with HCG. I went for 12 days and the cycle resulted in 5 embryos. Two made it to the blastocyst stage, and we opted to PGS screen them. One came back abnormal and one came back no DNA detected, meaning they didn't get a good enough sample to make the call. Dr. Winslow called to give us the less-than thrilling news and said we could transfer the blank embryo or we should consider doing a second cycle if we wanted more than one child, but he stressed both options were a good decision. We opted to do a second cycle after much thought (and prayers). Same protocol, same maximum dosage, but triggered with a Lupron + HCG mix. I also went the full 14 days and added Vitamin D in addition to my prenatals. This resulted in 17 eggs, and 7 made it to the blast stage! We were thrilled - and shocked! 4 came back normal, one no DNA, and two abnormal. We transferred 1 and I am currently expecting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mandy in Jacksonville, Jamie in Tallahassee)
The nursing staff at the FIRM is absolutely amazing. They cheer with you when the news is good and they are so disappointed when it isn't either. Since we are based in South Georgia, we had two primary nurses - one in Jacksonville (where the procedures happened) and one in Tallahassee (where we had our usual check up scans). The head nurse Patty is so wonderful. They really take the time to explain everything to you and talk through any concerns or questions. After our second retrieval our sweet Tallahassee nurse Jamie called me to celebrate our 17 after she heard how it went! I cried leaving them the day of our last appointment.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I found this clinic to be very timely. Only a handful of times did I have to wait longer than expected. As a South Georgia patient having to commute, sometimes the weekend appointments to Jacksonville got tiring as it would monopolize the whole weekend. We had to cancel plans a few times because an early Sunday appointment would throw things for a loop. They would try and work with us as best they could, but if you are commuting, be prepared to be flexible.
All in - including continuous travel to Jacksonville and Tallahaseee - we came in a bit over $40k for the two cycles, medication, PGS testing, embryo transfer, gas, hotel stay, etc. Because of my "poor responder" characteristic, this meant that I had to be on the max dosage of all medications and I was on them for a longer period of time. The medication expense what really added up for us. We got a tiny discount in medication but not much. Gonal F pens were about $800 a pop and I would go through 1 pen in 3 days, where as some women can extend that for 6. We hadn't planned on a second cycle, so our savings were about wiped out. It was worth it - but stressful.
We had been told for patients that opt to PGS screen, Dr. Winslow really prefers to only transfer 1 genetically normal embryo if the mother is under a certain age. We wanted to do whatever he thought was our best chance for success. He preferred us to do one. And it took!
Jacksonville
Dr Winslow is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and can be quite blunt in his delivery, but I also found him to be compassionate and willing to personalize care...With each cycle, Dr Winslow learned from my responses and modifications were made. While I responded well, unfortunately I have not achieved a pregnancy, so we will be moving on to IVF...Make sure to have your questions ready to go for your visit - appointments can be brief, but when you do have questions, Dr. Winslow will take extra time.
Dr Winslow is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and can be quite blunt in his delivery, but I also found him to be compassionate and willing to personalize care. I was able to see him mostly (except sometimes on weekends) but also found all of the physicians to be on the same page with him.
Though he is blunt, I still found Dr. Winslow to be very personable and caring. I felt that he really was interested in my care and treatment plans.
We have tried cycles with Femara and Clomid plus injectable medications for the IUIs. With each cycle, Dr Winslow learned from my responses and modifications were made. While I responded well, unfortunately I have not achieved a pregnancy, so we will be moving on to IVF.
Very organized and easy to get in touch with. Until you get to IVF you are not assigned to a specific nurse, so often you talk to different ones which is good and bad - you may get different opinions, but it's always easy to reach someone.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: very organized; open 24/7/365; early morning appointments so that monitoring can be done with minimal effect on work; compassionate physicians, nurses, and staff. Weaknesses: none that I can think of at this time.
I found prices to be on par or better when compared with the prices listed by other clinics in the area. I didn't find hidden costs; they were very up front with pricing. Also, staff was willing to help with insurance issues and questions.
We have not yet done an IVF cycle, but in our conversations it seems that the clinic really advocates for single embryo transfers.
Jacksonville
Dr. Winslow seems very knowledgeable and I have no doubt as to his expertise. However, as a patient I would prefer he have a better bedside manner. He always seems to be in a rush. I understand he has a busy practice, but he needs to give patients a chance to ask questions...Got called the wrong name! Doesn't knock on the door, just barges in and starts rattling off like he's always in a hurry to get done with you... I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
Write down any questions you may have ahead of time.
Due to a successful IUI in the past, we have followed what worked for me then. Letrozole 7.5 x 5 days (3 - 8.) F/U ultrasound and HCG trigger shot on or around day 12 and IUI on day 13 or 14 dependent upon the follicle size. I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
My interaction with the nursing staff (assuming they are nurses and not medical assistants) has mostly consisted of them placing me in a patient room. I've asked some of these staff members questions and they seem to have a limited knowledge. I have spoken to a couple of nurses over the phone who seem more educated, but I always have to leave a message and wait for a return call. I have been able to get my questions answered once I actually speak to a nurse.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)
U/S $125, urine test $10, IUI $390
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Winslow is VERY knowledgeable in infertility. While he is direct, I appreciated that because I did not want to waste my time or his. I wanted to get to the root of the problem and figure out the best course of action and he did just that. There was no sugar coating anything, which I also appreciated. I wanted to know the real facts - not only are you investing your money but also time and your emotions and I wanted to know what would work best for me to become pregnant. Dr. Winslow helped determine the cause of our infertility and because of that, we moved quickly. It was determined I had low AMH at 29 years old so time was of the essence. I am so glad I went to FIRM and saw Dr. Winslow - I would not change a thing!
If you are looking for someone who is not blunt and direct, choose another doctor within FIRM - all of the Doctors are FANTASTIC. Come prepared with questions - he is more than happy to answer any question you have!
I never felt like a number with FIRM. Dr. Winslow made sure the plan of action was created specifically for me and my response to medicine. There was no timeline stating you must have your egg retrieval on this date or you must transfer on this date - it was based on how I was responding and very fluid which I believe helped in the success of having a pregnancy.
We decided to start with IUI. Dr. Winslow suggested moving on to IVF if three IUI's were unsuccessful. I did my first two IUI's with Clomid and my second two with Letrozole. During this process is when my husband's sperm count dropped for no apparent reason. We attempted a fourth IUI, but it was canceled due to low counts. Obviously, this was out of our control. We moved to IVF. I was on 225iu of Gonal-F and 150iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 9 days (added Cetrotide after 4 or 5). I had my egg retrieval where they retrieved 21 eggs, 14 were fertilized using ICSI, and 10 made it to freeze and were sent off for PGS testing. Of those, 6 came back normal. I transferred one 5AA and it worked!
I never had any issues with the nursing staff - all were compassionate, helpful, and informative. I had a breakdown after my fourth failed IUI and they were super comforting and made me feel better that the journey was NOT over! They were right!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I would never go anywhere else other than FIRM. I absolutely loved the doctors (I have seen each doctor there) and the rest of the staff. They are compassionate and have the same goal as you - to get you pregnant! You are treated as a human and not a number. Everything is designed specifically for you and changed based on your response to the medicine which is not the same at other clinics. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see the doctors.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Winslow is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and demonstrates this at every appointment. Throughout the course of my treatment Dr. Winslow was the only doctor I was seen by, even if my appointment fell on a weekend. He has always been accommodating and understanding about my busy work schedule. During every appointment Dr. Winslow would ask how I felt or if I had noticed a different reaction to the medication. This helped me feel like I wasn't just another patient. I do think his bedside manner is different. He does not sugar coat information nor does he dwell on bad news. His character is definitely different; however I have learned to very much appreciate his sincerity and his sense of humor.
European, Latino
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Winslow will answer any question you have; however, he will not ask questions for you. You have to do your research and bring up the topic if you want to know more about it. I would advise others to not be quick to judge his demeanor. He is a sweet person and he cares.
Dr. Winslow asked at the end of all appointments if I had any questions about the plan for medications, this made me feel like he was interested in how I felt not just being another patient at the clinic.
I was on an agonist protocol with minimal dosages. I reacted very well to this protocol and had good results as far as follicle growth. Ongoing treatment.
The nursing staff here are amazing. They are compassionate and understanding of how painful fertility treatments can be. All blood work was completed by nurses but my appointments were always conducted by Dr. Winslow. The nurses were great at explaining medicine administration and timing when starting a new protocol.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic has several sites. I attend the one in downtown Jacksonville, which is inside Baptist Health hospital. It is a beautiful clinic with a roomy waiting area full of comfy couches. It is always clean and quiet.
My insurance has covered most of our treatment until now (ongoing treatment). All acquired costs have been for medications paid directly to pharmacy.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I never met Dr. Winslow. I only talked to him on the phone. He was supposed to be my doctor and did all of the perscrbing, ect. When we went to Florida I always met with a different doctor. I am not sure what else to say. I never met the man. I only talked to him on the phone one a couple of different occasions.... On our second transfer we were told by doctor Winslow that the embryos would be allowed to develop and then transferred on day 5. When we talked to the other doctor and the nurse we were told that the transfer would take place on day 3 instead.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I am not sure I never met the man. I guess I would ask him up.front if you would ever see him again or if you traveled their if you would have the opportunity to actually meet him in person.
We worked with this clinic mostly over the phone. The nurse donor nurse was very hard to get ahold of. Both times we traveled to Florida for transfers we met with a totally different doctor than the one I talked to on the phone. During the transfer I was shown the ultra sound where the fluid containing the embryo was placed, but I was never shown the actual embryo like I had been shown at another clinic. My husband was told he had to stay in the lobby and wasn't present during the transfer.
We did two IVF cycles with frozen embryos. The embryos were donor embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nan Harris)
Nan Harris seemed ok. She was just difficult to get ahold of.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seemed like a.nice clean well run clinic. The other doctor we met with face to face was nice and friendly. The embryo transfer was interesting. I was able to watch the transfer of the fluid containing the embryos on the ultrasound, but was never shown the actual embryos in a photo or on a monitor linked to the microscope like I had been shown at another clinic. They didn't allow my husband to be with me.during either embryo transfer.
About $4,000 for frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos
Both times we transferred 2 embryos. That seemed to be standard procedure with donor embryos.
Jacksonville
Dr. Winslow was very helpful and the information he provided and his demeanor helped my husband and me to feel better throughout this process. He was also very honest and set realistic expectations with us which we appreciated very much...While Dr. Winslow is very thorough, sometimes it felt like the appointment went by fast...We are dealing with MFI. Dr. Winslow recommended we try 2-3 cycles of IUI with Femara, then move on to IVF with ICSI if these were not successful.
Write down any questions you may have beforehand so you won’t forget to ask. While Dr. Winslow is very thorough, sometimes it felt like the appointment went by fast.
Dr. Winslow took the time to explain everything to my husband and me thoroughly and discuss the options available to us.
We are dealing with MFI. Dr. Winslow recommended we try 2-3 cycles of IUI with Femara, then move on to IVF with ICSI if these were not successful. We are in the TWW after our first IUI at this time.
The nursing staff is extremely knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is professional. They have always been very close to the actual appointment time when you are called back, not long waiting times. Parking is great with the new garage at the Baptist downtown location. All of their records flow between NE FL OBGYN if you use them, so that is nice as well. The doctors do rotate days so you might see different doctors on different days but the two I have worked with so far (Dr. Winslow and Dr. Ern) are both wonderful.
The consultation was covered by our insurance, so we paid only a $10 copay. Each transvaginal US was $125 along with a $10 office fee I believe. The Femara Rx for 6 day’s was $0.31 with insurance. The IUI was $390.
N/A yet
Jacksonville
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Winslow isn't the warmest person. He often looked directly at my chart instead of at me. This was not off putting to me as I am an introvert by nature with a severe case of White Coat Syndrome. There was no BSing in the exam room. He got in there, he did what he needed to do and then he left but I never felt like he was rushed or annoyed with my questions. He was patient and kind and explanatory...
Write everything down and ask questions if you don't understand because he will explain it again.
Dr Winslow was always straight up with us. He didn't give me stock answers or talk to me like I couldn't handle it or understand. He made things very clear, even when it wasn't something I wanted to hear.
The nursing staff at FIRM is excellent! They were efficient but attentive and they cared about my treatment and me. They didn't just ask how I was doing, they asked how I was feeling, how my emotions were holding up. They weren't just checking a box, they actually wanted to know.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strength: The doctors and nurses never made me feel like a science experiment. I was a patient with a health issue. Weakness: The procedure room was very small and my husband wasn't allowed in. It's very hard to lay there alone and I won't have loved to have him with me.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I spoke with Dr. Winslow once on the phone and saw him on the day of the transfer. He was knowledgeable and had a good recommendation for my care. I was happy with my experience there. He was very willing to work with me remotely and as a single parent...He was not incredibly warm when I met him in person, but when I went into his office to talk about my embryos his office was covered from wall to wall with pictures of babies on Christmas cards (it was early Jan. when I went) from his patients. I teared up!
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Everyone at the clinic was easy to work with. I worked with them remotely and flew in for a donor embryo transfer. It was a little strange to not feel established there, but they treated me very well.
I did an embryo transfer...so just estrace, progesterone, and prenatal vitamins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma )
I worked remotely with Emma for several months and saw two other nurses for my transfer - they were all great. Emma is sweet and tolerant of as many questions as you can throw her way!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are open to serving all patients. Their perspective on embryo donation is not rooted in religious values. They were easy to work with, even from 1,500 miles away.
it was approximately $7,000 plus travel for the donor embryo transfer
He was willing to take my input and weigh it with his recommendations - we made the decision together.
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Absolutely love the FIRM & Dr. Winslow. He was always encouraging when we didn't get the best news. Anytime I didn't respond as well as he like he would adjust my treatment perfectly. I never had a bad experience at the Jacksonville location. Also loved they had several locations- I live in GA and would have to travel out of state to see him. The office always made it as convenient as it could be for us. (They even came in on Christmas Day for our IUI)
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Always ask for explanation if you don't understand. This is your treatment- it makes it so much easier to go through when you understand (as much as possible- unexpected things come up)
Anytime I had a question Dr. Winslow and his staff went above and beyond to get the answers to us.
Not exactly the protocol- it has been exactly a year. I know I did Gonal F and Menupor. He was very cautious with my dosage due to my severe PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica / Stacy )
Absolutely loved Stacy and Jessica. They kept me sane during the whole process. They always called me back in a timely manner and tried to keep me as calm as possible.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff are always so accommodating.
Most of my care was covered by my husbands insurance
None that were discussed
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be prepared for his cut and dried manner, if you prefer that type of personality (as I do) then he [Dr. Kevin Winslow] is the perfect doctor for you!...only transfer one embryo if PGS tested, otherwise will transfer two of you choose...He is very knowledgeable and gets right to the point. He has a dry sense of humor and candid nature that worked really well for my husband and I. I trust his judgement and expertise. I like how he tells me the truth and is upfront about it, even if it’s not the best news that I want to hear; he has never given us false hope but has provided us with options that were right for us.
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be prepared for his cut and dried manner, if you prefer that type of personality (as I do) then he is the perfect doctor for you!
He was very clear and upfront with us.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is helpful and friendly; they work with you on scheduling. Facilities are nice and provide multiple locations. I am pleased overall with the clinic and all employees and staff in my visits. I really like the FIRM and believe they are one of the best available in my area.
They only transfer one embryo if PGS tested, otherwise will transfer two of you choose.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr.Winslow is an amazing dr. He takes time to explain things and takes all concerns seriously...works to get you in whenever you are concerned. I will always recommend him!!!!! I am thankful I found a dr who cares about my future baby as much as I do... included a round of Loteozole, Trigger shot, 4 ultrasounds and Several blood work...
Endometriosis, PCOS
He’s a great dr with compassion and care. He takes your concerns seriously and works to get you in whenever you are concerned. I will always recommend him!!!!! I am thankful I found a dr who cares about my future baby as much as I do.
Use him! He’s amazing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: April )
April and Jamie are so great amazing. They listen to you cry and take every concern seriously!!!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My clinic is amazing! It’s clean and sterile but at the same time is so inviting . It’s cozy and makes you feel welcomed and that you are in the right place for treatment. I love the clinic. It’s warm and inviting
In my first month of treatment we have spent right under 1000.00 this included a round of Loteozole, Trigger shot, 4 ultrasounds and Several blood work.
Jacksonville
He [Dr. Kevin Winslow] called personally with my husband’s semen analysis results, which I really appreciated! He was always courteous to us and understanding. When we found out I had a blocked tube, he was optimistic and reminded me that we only needed one to get pregnant!... He was very kind to my husband and me. He treated us with respect at each visit and seemed genuinely happy when we conceived!
He called personally with my husband’s semen analysis results, which I really appreciated! He was always courteous to us and understanding. When we found out I had a blocked tube, he was optimistic and reminded me that we only needed one to get pregnant!
Trust what he is telling you. Dr. Winslow is very smart and loves his patients.
He has my husband do a semen analysis first, and told him to start taking CoQ10 once he got the results back. He also had me get my tubes checked, where we learned one may be blocked. I had to stop taking Clomid the month of the tube test.
They were always kind and compassionate to us
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I got pregnant after my tube test. When I called and told the receptionist I had a positive pregnancy test, she seemed genuinely shocked / excited for us! :) We also love that you can see Dr. Winslow at different locations, as well.
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
dr winslow got straight to the point which i appreciated...strengths - he is very knowledgable. i asked a lot of questions and he was able to effectively communicate answers in a way i could understand (im not a dr). he is respectful of your time, i never waited long to see him. he is very personable, he has responded to every christmas card ive sent via a letter...he isnt warm & fuzzy in person and is tactfully blunt; however, he knows what he's doing.
2014 - 2017
Other, Prefer not to answer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
the nurses were more compassionate than other clinics. dr winslow got straight to the point which i appreciated.
i dont remember, but he did change protocol based on med response
they are AMAZING. they become your friend. so compassionate and caring. they are organized and return phone calls timely. if you have any concerns, they will get you in to see doctor
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
no weaknesses, this office is organized and on the ball
i think ivf was $8500 before meds
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr Winslow explains procedure thoroughly and with compassion. He listens to your concerns and stirs you in the course he thinks will best suite you. After my 2 failed retrievals he referred us to the wgg donor process. This will be something we may persue at a later date.... Nurse and doctors at clinic were very help if I eve had a question and took their time to answer and let explain my concerns
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Come with your questions ready to be asked and ready to take notes
The nurses were wonderful. All were very compassionate and understanding. They were helpful and willing to answer any questions I or my husband had during our treatments.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very busy but they are efficient and will work with you on scheduling. The nurse and doctors follow up with you in a timely fashion.
Jacksonville
Dr. WINSLOW is a very terse communicator. He has a lot of knowledge and his years of practice seem to be a draw to him, but he always seems in a rush. I chose to see him because within FIRM he was at least always on time and I had to go to my appointments while working... He is quick, but only go to him if you are experienced and know what you need to know. He doesn't spend a lot of time explaining anything.
They are nice, but always very busy and not super interested in conversation.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Clean office, great space to wait, and the staff often use all the space to protect your privacy and feelings when things get heavy. A weakness is how they stack the schedule, there is sometimes up to a 2 hour wait.
2011 - 2013
He [Dr. Kevin Winslow] was condescending, arrogant and rude. He lied to me about test result- and told me he couldn’t help me. He is the founder of this clinic, and while I’m grateful for FIRM, I would never step another foot inside that office if he was the only Dr available to be seen...
2011 - 2013
He was condescending, arrogant and rude. He lied to me about test result- and told me he couldn’t help me. He is the founder of this clinic, and while I’m grateful for FIRM, I would never step another foot inside that office if he was the only Dr available to be seen.
Don’t.
He was straight up mean.
Always kind, warm, encouraging & empathetic.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm and comfortable. The downtown location has big comfy couches. The south side location is smaller as most satellite clinics are. The offices generally run on time, but sometimes I’ve experienced much longer wait times that normal- but I think that is to be expected during the unpredictable fertility treatment process.
My insurance covered all diagnostic treatments.
Jacksonville
Icsi due to low morphology and pgs testing due to my age [protocol with Dr. Kevin Winslow]... is great very smart and he really seems to care about his patients...He really cares about his scope of practice. I hope for success with this transfer however if I don’t I will use him for round two. I’m that confident in his knowledge and care
I really love Dr. Winslow he is a great Doctor. He really cares about his scope of practice. I hope for success with this transfer however if I don’t I will use him for round two. I’m that confident in his knowledge and care
Just trust him
Dr. Winslow is great very smart and he really seems to care about his patients
Icsi due to low morphology and pgs testing due to my age
Very nice and help with anything I needed
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Ver professional with high success rates the office is well organized and clean. The staff are all so kind and caring they are open 7 dats a week all year long. It’s really a great clinic. I also love that the Drs call you themselves a lot of times
The costs are very high but I’ve compared to other clinics and they seem to be the normal.