Overlake Reproductive Health

Medical SchoolSt. George (London)
ResidencyU. of Michigan
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
11232 NE 15th St
Bellevue, WA 98004
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Khurram Rehman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Overlake Reproductive Health to a friend?
Dr Rehman only saw us when we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We opted to try IUIs first, so that decision kept us from having any further interactions with him. IUIs are handled with nurses, not the doctors. In our one appointment he was down to business immediately, and repeated himself often to ensure we understood the information covered. He was not personable, warm or particularly kind. He was cordial.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and take notes. You'll only see a doctor at the clinic again if you choose IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
The only appointment I actually saw this doctor at was at the appointment following initial testing, which cost several hundred dollars for this consultation. We had our initial consult with Dr Johnson who was funny, warm and kind. All IUI appointments were held with nurses, so no further contact was made with either doctor at the clinic, unless we had chosen to pursue IVF. IUI treatments are below the doctors at this clinic. The nurses were hit or miss as far as feeling comfortable goes. Some days they were kind, one in particular, didn't even introduce herself, smile or make any attempt at conversation for an actual IUI. That was upsetting. It's already awkward with your feet in stirrups, to get a cold nurse was very offputting.
I has 3 different nurses that I recall. One was very kind the first time we met, then she seemed too busy and in a hurry. She performed several ultrasounds and at least one IUI. One I did not care for the first time, as she seemed to contradict what another nurse had said. She ended up bejing my favorite though. She took her time with ultrasounds and with IUI setup. The third nurse I wish I had been able to decline allowing to treat me. She never even gave her name when she walked in the room. She was cold and in a hurry. No greeting or anything. I had her twice, once for an ultrasound and once for an IUI.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I like they are open every day. They were mostly prompt and kept appointments on-time. The front desk were wonderful when I was a current patient. Once I completed the IUI treatment "package" I never heard from them again. I contacted them for records copies for myself and once to provide all records to a new clinic. Both times they were prompt in providing these records.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health.
This clinic offered a peace if mind program. It is a flat rate for 3 IUIs. We chose that option and did not have any unexpected costs. We knew we would pay for medication separately. The cost of IVF at this clinic we knew would never be an option, as it was nearly my entire annual salary.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Rehman is overall knowledgeable and kind. I appreciate how he covers all basis of information and also answers questions before they are even asked. I appreciate his time with me and my husband and for making our journey to having kids feel important to him...Dr. Rehman knows this is a very delicate subject and he tries to make sure you are comfortable before diving into information. He front loads information so you have a general idea of what can happen. He spends a lot of time talking with you in his office and explaining options. He is very kind and caring at all appointments.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Listen to his advice and ask any questions you have while you are in the office.
Describe the protocols Khurram Rehman used in your cycles at Overlake Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We started by trying metformin after testing then went straight to iui with clomid treatments. 3 rounds did not work so next step will be ivf
THey are ok but it is hard when I have to communicate what Dr. REhman wanted me to do to the nurse - this should have already been communicated in my charts. It also was strange because depending on the person the ultrasounds were done very differently and some NP went into detail and took time to explain and another one rushed through and seemed to not want to be there to help.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I feel like they don't do a good job communicating between each other which is surprising becasue Dr. Rehman is very good at over-communciating with me. Either the staff is not reading charts or the notes are not thorough enough. Feritlity is such a sensitive area of health I felt like the nursing staff was less concerned about timing and ddetails than Dr. Rehman (he is very thorough when he permormed my iui, hsg and any information relayed to me. ) I am sad becasue I decided to switch offices not because of his plan but becasue of the nursing staff.
One consultation visit was $300 out of pocket and iui 3 package was 2800.
2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Rehman] established good rapport during the initial consultation. However, he was barely seen during most of the procedures...We had a good experience during the initial interview. I felt like he was trustworthy and we had a good understanding of our plan after our initial appointment, but that was the extent of our satisfaction. We barely saw him during all of our procedures. The check-ups and procedures were done by a nurse practitioner.
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
We had a good experience during the initial interview. I felt like he was trustworthy and we had a good understanding of our plan after our initial appointment, but that was the extent of our satisfaction. We barely saw him during all of our procedures. The check-ups and procedures were done by a nurse practitioner. After doing more research (not blogs, NIH research articles that are randomized controlled trials), we realized that our nurse did not do the procedure correctly. Of course, as with any fertility treatments, there are so many factors that we can't say for certain that that's the reason why it did not work. However, it would've been nice if they could have done the best that they could with what they can control.
I would suggest going to another clinic where you are not treated like just a number. Where the doctor takes time to do all of the procedures with you and who will monitor your follicle counts, etc, every other day. You are paying a LOT of money for these fertility treatments after all!
He established good rapport during the initial consultation. However, he was barely seen during most of the procedures.
2 IUI cycles with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo Gray)
The nurse practitioner was very cold and brief; did not smile the entire time we worked with her. She seemed to be busy all the time and overbooked that she did not have time to answer any questions. At one point, we waited for 45 minutes just to ask her about a medication that I was taking. She did not explain things well and just gave a handout. When you're paying so much money and dealing with infertility, that's the last thing that you need. What you want is someone to answer all of your questions to appease your worries and concerns. There are so many things that are unknown about infertility and all of the procedures. Most of the time, you and your husband/partner will be new to all of the terms and procedures. We would try to call and it would take a few days to get a call back from her. I always got bruises from my blood draws. For someone going through treatments, you know how many blood draws you're required to do. They had a student doing my blood draw every time i was there and they just kept poking me and not getting through my vein. Again, if i'm paying a LOT of money for fertility treatments, I expect a qualified and experienced staff to do my procedures. During my IUI, the NP did not ask me to fill up my bladder before the procedure. After reading NIH research articles and going to other clinics, I realized that doing so would have given the NP/doctor a better view of my uterus so he/she can transfer the embryo in the most optimum spot. No such instructions were given to me during both IUIs. The front desk was very unprofessional. Again, infertility is such an isolating, heartbreaking, and painful situation to be in. The last thing that you want to deal with is a front desk person refusing to help you schedule your next appointment so you can make it to work. Front desk who would dress professionally and not play clubbing music in the clinic and talk about how drunk they got the night before. At one point, knowing that i need to get an early appointment so i can make it to work, I grabbed the earliest appointment weeks in advance. We found out later that I need to do a different procedure instead but still seeing the same nurse. So we tried to change it with the front desk. She said that there are no appointments available EVEN THOUGH all she had to do is to swap the procedure with the appointment that I already made. After explaining and arguing with her, she agreed. Seriously, just to make an appointment?
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I would NOT recommend this clinic. The doctor was very personable and explained the plan of care. However: You will not see your doctor during all of the procedures. Nurses are cold and will not answer your questions. It's hard to get a hold of them. Front desk was unprofessional. We received bills (and our insurance covered most of it, thank goodness) where we kept getting additional charges AFTER we paid our bill. They said that they were adjusting the price. If you have any questions to billing, you get voicemail or redirected to a 3rd party company who has no idea what's going on. Go to a clinic where: the doctor will see you and do all of your ultrasounds, follicle checks, follow ups with you Professional front desk Nurses who will answer your every question within 24 hours either through a phone call or email honest billing practices We found all of these and we were very happy. We even thanked our new clinic during the procedure before we did the transfer because it made us feel at ease with whatever the outcome might be. Don't go to Overlake.
I don't remember all of the costs but they were different from what was explained to us during our financial appointment. We kept getting adjust charges for bills that we have already paid. We tried contacting billing because the actual charges for the procedures kept changing but getting a hold of them was really hard. It seemed like they outsourced it to a 3rd party billing or they were just not answering our calls for inquiries. We gave up and just paid everything that the insurance would not pay.
IVF, Donor Eggs
He's [Dr. Khurram Rehman] very to the point. Kind and great with patients but he doesn't mess around with extra "fluff".... I've always been very impressed with my care. I'm in the middle of egg donor IVF so I still don't know the outcome. He's all the risks and the possible negative outcome so we're prepared if our transfer isn't a success because it is a real possibility.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
He's very to the point. Kind and great with patients but he doesn't mess around with extra "fluff"
Very caring, great bed side manor. I've always felt very relaxed.
I was evaluated for an increased risk for a blood clot so he is communication with a hemitologist to determine if there are any protocols or medications I need to take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jubilee)
I love love love the nurses, especially Jubilee! She always answers my questions in a timely manor. All my blood work had been done with compassion.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
The one complaint I have is that I don't remember them communicating to me that their lab is not contracted with my insurance at all so we were a little surprised that my husbands seman analysis couldn't even be submitted. It's really a drop in the bucket compared to what we're paying for our IVF but I would have like to be prepared. Other than that, we've had great communication and easy appointment scheduling.
I researched cost in my area and they were right on target
Describe Khurram Rehman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Overlake Reproductive Health.
We are doing a single embryo transfer because we're doing PGS testing to determine the most viable embryo. We feel more comfortable doing it that way rather than transferring multiple untested embryos.
2013 - 2014
I only met with Dr Rehman twice, though he did do one of my retrievals. On all occasions he was courteous, kind, and helpful. My experiences working with him directly were positive....Just realize that the Dr is not the person you will see on most of your visits. While he is great, the process and administration may leave something to be desired.
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Dr Rehman was very courteous and had a great sense of humor. My somewhat negative review of the clinic is not based on my limited dealings with him but rather the clinic and its approach in general.
Femara/Flare was the first, and the 2nd was Antagonist. In both cases I was put on the highest doses possible based on my AMH levels, despite being young-ish at 38. I was told this was what I needed to stipulate the ovaries. I also used a Nuvaring before starting both cycles. I did not respond very well to either protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo)
Jo is very efficient, scans were over quickly. As far as the rest of the staff, there seemed to be a lot of turnover
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
Boutique clinic with private parking lot in suburban area. Waiting room often very full, small space
All was covered by insurance so not sure
Bellevue
Our first cycle was Clomid on its own which was negative. Next cycle was Letrozole followed by an IUI which was successful...Dr. Rehman was very reassuring, I always walked out of appointments feeling upbeat and positive about our next steps my husband is a doctor too and liked that Dr. Rehman was able to explain it all more in depth to him since he has a medical background
Dr. Rehmanwas very reassuring, I always walked out of appointments feeling upbeat and positive about our next steps my husband is a doctor too and liked that Dr. Rehman was able to explain it all more in depth to him since he has a medical background
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
While I would highly recommend the clinic, doctors, nurses and staff, I was not imoressed with their billing department. Getting a refund took numerous phone calls and months of nagging
We did the discount IUI program, which was $2400 for 3 rounds of IUI. testing was out of pocket