Medical SchoolFlorida State University
ResidencyAlbert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center.
Fellowship Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center.
594 Broadway
212-906-7900
NY - Eastside
635 Madison Avenue
212-756-5777
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kimberley Thornton to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
She [Dr. Kim Thornton] was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!...I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coo
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Communication with the office was very convenient. I was assigned a coordinator who helped implement the doctor's treatment plan and was easily available by email (and phone if I needed it). Plus, I got to see my doctor every time I was there and she knew us and our case well. I never felt 'lost' in their system.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol - retrieval (Gonal F 150IU sub Q daily; Menopur 2 vials sub Q daily; Ganirelix 1 PFS sub Q daily; Trigger: leuprolide, 40IU Sub Q once when directed plus 1 x 1,000IU of Novarel hCG; Azithromycin Two x 500mg for husband) Transfer: Estrace 1 x 2mg tablets up to 3x daily at times, Progesterone in Oil up to 2 ccs injected intramuscularly at times, Medrol 1 tab PO QD x 7 days; Two x 500mg Azithromycin) I can't say I remember what the rationale was for using this protocol, I assumed I just got 'the usual.' Results: retrieved 11 eggs, nine survived overnight, eight embryos survived after five days and four were free of genetic defects after PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Felix)
Overall, very easy to get in touch with as I had several questions along the way. Email was best for me and them. Phone calls were fine, too, sometimes had to wait for a call back, obviously.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am currently 20 weeks pregnant from my one and only IVF transfer with RMA. Our issue was male factor infertility. We were lucky to get pregnant on the first try. I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coordinator directly most of the time. There are periods of intense communication and frequent visits and they all went smoothly. RMA is a very big operation and I did have to go to the midtown office several times for any weekend check ups, retrieval and transfer. Things were fine there though it's much more busy and less comfy as a patient. Overall, our experience was overwhelmingly positive and drama free, perhaps because it was brief and free of complications. However, should we decide to do another embryo transfer, I would certainly go back to RMA again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As mentioned, this office is small, I could be the first person seen if I got there by 7:15 (they open the doors at 7:30). Things ran quickly and smoothly. Never really got very crowded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
I had to pay 25% of care with insurance covering 75% (about $1,500 out of pocket). We also opted for PGS, $2,000 to RMA and $2,000 to laboratory. Caveat: I believe some insurance charges are still pending so...hopefully this is still true in a few months!
NY - Downtown
We had a very straightforward experience with Dr. Thornton- - a successful FET. Overall, she was competent and pragmatic about the whole process, which we appreciated. She clearly explained and outlined all procedures in a digestible manner. Furthermore, she was accessible and available to answer our questions... While she was not the doctor that performed my retrieval, she took the time to thoroughly review my history and review everything with me so she was completely up to speed when she took over my case.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She's a good RE, but I don't know how well she would handle complicated cases. Partly, that hesitation is because we didn't have a complicated case, but nevertheless, if I had an out of the box diagnosis, I might have gone elsewhere.
We had a straightforward eSET when we were trying for our second.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA downtown is a well-oiled and efficient operation. They have access to the midtown lab and facility, but it's a smaller operation, which I preferred. The strengths are that you have access to a range of services and expertise, the same thing can be a weakness because at midtown, you are one among many. At the downtown practice, I felt more like a person than a case number.
We had copays and premiums for monitoring and procedures.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Strongly preferred eSET for us.