RMA of New York

Not available by direct line
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolFlorida State University
ResidencyAlbert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center.
FellowshipAlbert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center.
594 Broadway
212-906-7900
NY - Eastside
635 Madison Avenue
212-756-5777
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kimberley Thornton to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day. ... During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. ... At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I honestly really loved Dr. Thornton. At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo. We had a particularly hard IVF cycle (8 of our 10 embryos didn’t make it after Day 4) and when I totally lost it sobbing in her office, she was so sweet and hopeful that those two embryos were all we needed. She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Definitely only see her at the Downtown office, it’s so much calmer and more pleasant. She goes back and forth between it and RMA East, but RMA East is SO much busier.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. She answered all my questions and never made me feel like I holding her up or that she was annoyed when I had a million and one questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Dr. Thorntons whole team was awesome. Clarissa did all the paperwork and was very organized and on top of her stuff. Kayla did fiances and really knew her stuff. We were self pay, and she helped us figure out of there was any way to cut some costs or make it a little lighter. Melissa is the IVF nurse and not only called with all my protocol, but would also immediately follow up with an email. When I got pregnant, I experienced a lot of spotting. Melissa was awesome about answering me by email or phone, and made sure all my neurotic questions were answered and me and baby were safe.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: The know what they’re doing. There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better. RMA downtown is a smaller practice so much better wait time and smoother experience. RMA East is their main office and incredibly busy. They definitely see pts who are bloodwork/ultrasound before those who are just bloodwork.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
We were self pay. Only thing insurance helped with was medications (which is a huge help). IUI: about $1, 500 a cycle IVF: about $16, 000 Pregnancy monitoring: about $3, 000 PSG: $150 to do it, than $150 an egg Genetic testing: $350/person Freezing costs: $1000/year
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
As a 27 year old, she was only going to do single transfers until I had had 3 transfers that didn’t take. She does allow older women to transfer 2 earlier than that.
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.

She [Dr. Kim Thornton] was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!...I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coo
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!
Communication with the office was very convenient. I was assigned a coordinator who helped implement the doctor's treatment plan and was easily available by email (and phone if I needed it). Plus, I got to see my doctor every time I was there and she knew us and our case well. I never felt 'lost' in their system.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol - retrieval (Gonal F 150IU sub Q daily; Menopur 2 vials sub Q daily; Ganirelix 1 PFS sub Q daily; Trigger: leuprolide, 40IU Sub Q once when directed plus 1 x 1,000IU of Novarel hCG; Azithromycin Two x 500mg for husband) Transfer: Estrace 1 x 2mg tablets up to 3x daily at times, Progesterone in Oil up to 2 ccs injected intramuscularly at times, Medrol 1 tab PO QD x 7 days; Two x 500mg Azithromycin) I can't say I remember what the rationale was for using this protocol, I assumed I just got 'the usual.' Results: retrieved 11 eggs, nine survived overnight, eight embryos survived after five days and four were free of genetic defects after PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Felix)
Overall, very easy to get in touch with as I had several questions along the way. Email was best for me and them. Phone calls were fine, too, sometimes had to wait for a call back, obviously.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am currently 20 weeks pregnant from my one and only IVF transfer with RMA. Our issue was male factor infertility. We were lucky to get pregnant on the first try. I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coordinator directly most of the time. There are periods of intense communication and frequent visits and they all went smoothly. RMA is a very big operation and I did have to go to the midtown office several times for any weekend check ups, retrieval and transfer. Things were fine there though it's much more busy and less comfy as a patient. Overall, our experience was overwhelmingly positive and drama free, perhaps because it was brief and free of complications. However, should we decide to do another embryo transfer, I would certainly go back to RMA again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As mentioned, this office is small, I could be the first person seen if I got there by 7:15 (they open the doors at 7:30). Things ran quickly and smoothly. Never really got very crowded.
I had to pay 25% of care with insurance covering 75% (about $1,500 out of pocket). We also opted for PGS, $2,000 to RMA and $2,000 to laboratory. Caveat: I believe some insurance charges are still pending so...hopefully this is still true in a few months!
NY - Downtown

We had a very straightforward experience with Dr. Thornton- - a successful FET. Overall, she was competent and pragmatic about the whole process, which we appreciated. She clearly explained and outlined all procedures in a digestible manner. Furthermore, she was accessible and available to answer our questions... While she was not the doctor that performed my retrieval, she took the time to thoroughly review my history and review everything with me so she was completely up to speed when she took over my case.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She's a good RE, but I don't know how well she would handle complicated cases. Partly, that hesitation is because we didn't have a complicated case, but nevertheless, if I had an out of the box diagnosis, I might have gone elsewhere.
We had a straightforward eSET when we were trying for our second.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA downtown is a well-oiled and efficient operation. They have access to the midtown lab and facility, but it's a smaller operation, which I preferred. The strengths are that you have access to a range of services and expertise, the same thing can be a weakness because at midtown, you are one among many. At the downtown practice, I felt more like a person than a case number.
We had copays and premiums for monitoring and procedures.
Strongly preferred eSET for us.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Thornton is very caring. She remembers patients--which is a tall order considering how large RMA is! She took the time to speak with my partner after he could not attend the initial consultation. ... Dr. Thornton was very knowledgeable and thorough. She is personally kind and compassionate. She can explain these difficult concepts very easily, and without lots of jargon or sounding condescending. ...
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is great! Just avoid her staff if possible.
IUI with Letrozole, with an Ovidrel trigger. No pregnancy resulted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Clarissa King)
RMA is like a factory. Too many things fall through the cracks, at great peril.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Too big and impersonal. Too many things fell through the cracks, particularly with medications and insurance. I would wait hours for a procedure, well after the appointment time. I felt like a number.
$500--included IUI cost, visit co-pays, and prescription co-pays.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?