Available by cell phone
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kimberly Thompson to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
With each IUI [with Dr. Kimberly Thompson] used Letrozole & Ovidrel trigger shot. One my 2nd IUI I used Progesterone after afterward. On my 3rd IUI I did back-to-back inseminations & used progesterone starting on the day of my first IUI to increase my success. I am now moving on to IVF...takes her time to thoroughly evaluate my history & present me with the best treatment options based on my health. I’ve never felt rushed or been silenced. She is compassionate and understanding, yet honest and realistic.
European, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Thompson takes her time with me & has familiarized herself my prior medical history and past treatments with former fertility specialists. She is very knowledgeable and realistic - never promising a certain outcome. Dr. Thompson presented me with treatment options that prior specialists did not offer. Although these treatments - IUI in particular, were unsuccessful, she encouraged me to pursue these treatments in my best interest and not for her own financial gain. I feel that Dr. T has my best interests in mind and gives me tough love when needed, all the while encouraging me & offering me the best resources available to improve my health before undergoing additional treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Be open & honest
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr.Thompson takes her time to thoroughly evaluate my history & present me with the best treatment options based on my health. I’ve never felt rushed or been silenced. She is compassionate and understanding, yet honest and realistic.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
With each IUI I used Letrozole & Ovidrel trigger shot. One my 2nd IUI I used Progesterone after afterward. On my 3rd IUI I did back-to-back inseminations & used progesterone starting on the day of my first IUI to increase my success. I am now moving on to IVF.
Sasha, Dr. Thompson’s RN, is amazing. She is personable, knowledgeable, and communicates effectively and efficiently.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments usually run behind schedule, most notably by one hour, but typically 20-30 minutes on average. The front desk staff is very young and not so warm, but always professional. The “triage” staff is friendly. I find that the waiting room is never overcrowded and is an inviting space.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t recall specific dollar amounts without going back into my records, but their pricing seems average. I did receive a discount on my IVF package which was extremely helpful. For a basic IVF cycle with ICSI & assisted hatching, I will pay approx. $12,400, not including the cost of medications. I was referred to a local fertility pharmacy who offers a great discount, as well as mail in rebates from the pharmaceutical companies. We did use donor sperm so there were additional costs associated with our IUI cycles, such as sperm thawing and washing, and the costs associated seemed reasonable.
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
For my upcoming IVF cycle we plan to do eSET, depending on the total number of healthy embryos. On my first failed IVF cycle with a former doctor, I had only two healthy embryos (out of 5) that were viable for transfer on day 5.
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.

She [Dr. Thompson] gained my trust when she personally performed my first ultrasound at the clinic. It gave me confident that she was involved in my care. Then she performed every single other procedure I had before, during, and after the egg retrieval including the transfer...She is considered about unnecessary expenses and works with us to use the insurance covered services when possible...We are very pleased with Dr. Thompson's bedside manners and professionalism, which is hard to find nowadays.
She gained my trust when she personally performed my first ultrasound at the clinic. It gave me confident that she was involved in my care. Then she performed every single other procedure I had before, during, and after the egg retrieval including the transfer. Always there, never in a rush. I needed a surgical procedure before I could continue with my IVF treatment and she was fantastic at communicating with the surgeon and I was back on IVF treatment in just a few weeks. She consistently answer my and my husband's questions even when they seem to be a lot. She never disregards our concerns. She is considered about unnecessary expenses and works with us to use the insurance covered services when possible, such providing me with a prescription to do the labs at the covered facility. We are very pleased with Dr. Thompson's bedside manners and professionalism, which is hard to find nowadays.
Do not be afraid to raise your concerns or ask questions. Dr. Thompson is always receptive and addresses them with care and professionalism.
The level of caring and compassion that Dr. Thompson provides is beyond any expectation I could have when I decided to visit the clinic. She is very detailed in her explanations, never makes me feel that she is rushing the consult or the procedure, and she is open to listen to my concerns and find a solution together. She is the doctor I want to have at this point of my reproductive treatment.
I have a quite complicated reproductive history and ongoing diagnoses. She explained the proposed treatment plan and we collaborative decide on going with fresh transfer after stimulation and retrieval. Stimulation: Menopur, Gonal F, Dexamethosone at first, then added Cetrotide and finally Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) as trigger. Retrieval: Antibiotic prophylaxis, Medrol, Estrace, and Crinone (progesterone) Transfer: Antibiotic prophylaxis, Aspirin, Estrace and Crinone. IVIG related to abnormal APA values. Implantation failed. hcG raised and then dropped to non-preganancy levels
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha and Nicole)
Sasha and Nicole were excellent in coordinating my care, always responded to my calls and messages in a timely manner, explained everything in details, and collaborated with other team members seamlessly. They showed not only knowledge, but also compassion and efficient care. We also received the same level of amazing care from the nurses present in the retrieval and transfer procedures. The nursing/clinical staff, such as Vanessa, Lesley, and the lab technicians has consistently been caring, accommodating, and compassionate.
Centrally located with onsite valet parking and public parking around. It has been recently remodeled has an inviting setting. The best of all, the staff. The registration, check-out, and financial personnel is beyond great. Even when discussing financial (hard topic), they do it with such a compassionate professionalism that I felt they were discussing the matter considering my best interest at all times. They worked to accommodate my appointments to interfere the least possible with my work schedule. They reduced stress from the IVF treatment process in many occasions; always ready and willing to help.
Approximately $20,000 for IVF. I did not have infertility treatment coverage under my medical insurance.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Male Factor, Other
She [Dr Thompson] spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity....She spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity.
Male Factor, Other
Expect that she will perform your procedures and this is the only time you might interact with her.
I did not see my doctor during any monitoring appointments, only technicians. I did not receive phone calls from nurses with instructions; I had to call into a voicemail by end of business day. I did see the same few nurses during monitoring.
antagonist protocol (?): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
This clinic also worked with many international, Spanish-speaking patients. So sometimes I didn't feel like my instructions were clear, especially in regards to abstinence. It's easier when you get to speak to the nurses in real time, not listening to voicemail instructions. Dr. Thompson's main coordinator, Sasha, was fabulous. I did not see her for every monitoring appointment, but she was very informative (sizes, numbers follicles, estimating meds, etc).
Could use an update to décor: looks like they haven't invested in their practice since the 80s-90s. I was typically through monitoring appointments in less than an hour to return to work as I was doing this cycle locally.
Cycle paid in full before monitoring was ~$10500, ICSI was included. Egg retrieval was in their own on-site surgery center so no anesthesia or facility fee. They also offered several third-party payment plans. Meds were partially covered by my insurance, and they also offered to order and sell meds privately.

2012 - 2014
After the first IVF she [Dr. Kimberly Thompson] told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
2012 - 2014
She was very easy to work with, she answered all my questions, told me when she wanted to change plans. After the first IVF she told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
Ask her anything you have questions about, she is willing to talk to you for as long as you need.
My doctor knew who I was, always said hi in the hallway when she saw me (but more often than not, I wasn't there to see her, I was there to see a nurse). She made a point to call me after a bad cycle outcome, and had her nurse follow up with me until I called back to confirm I was ok, had no questions, and didn't need anything from them at the time.
na
Dr. T's primary nurse is Sasha, who is amazing! She was at most of my appointments, she returned calls quickly and answered all my questions, and was always supportive and caring. The other nurses I saw over time were all professional, although I probably saw them all once or twice so didn't know them well. My adoption coordinator, Yoselyn, was also great. Again, answered all my questions, left informative voicemails, returned emails quickly.
The clinic was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000

2013
I liked her [Dr. Thompson] as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.... [Eset Approach] They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.... i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
2013
I liked her as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.
Just make sure you ask what every step is and what day of your cycle that needed to be done. especially when you are first getting started and getting initial test done, or you could be set back. Timing is everything, every test is done based on your cycle. When all else fails, call on Cycle Day 1 and ask to speak to your nurse and get info about what to do that month.
Lets start with you scan a card like you would when you go to the gym to check in. No "hi, it good to see you..." nothing scan and take a seat and wait. I really had to stay on top of everything. and ask for more info. it was a as if i had done it many times and i should already know the schedule.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid - The first round i took one pill a day for 7 days, the second and third round i took have a pill a day for 7 days(i think)... yes less meds, even though it didn't work the first time. Why, well i produced 6 Folicals the first round and is it had worked we could have had a large multiple pregnancy. so the next 2 rounds i still produced 3 follicles each time, plenty for us. After the 3rd not working the next option was IVF. I was told that is if doesn't work in the first few rounds it probably will not work. IVF- can't remember my exact protocal, but i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
She was nice and returned phone calls in a timely manner
They have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test unless you have made an appointment. event if you don't realize your missing that test from your file.
total care- test leading up to, treatments, IVF, not including meds (meds all from outside vendors) i lost count but probably in the range of 33-38K
They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.
Miami

The first time me and my wife met her [Dr. Thompson] she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.... She recommended that I go to and andrology specialist for male infertility workup. She had me do a semen analysis before seeing the andrologist which showed cryptozoospermia. My wife had a vaginal ultrasound to look for follicles, blood tests for hormone imbalances and ovulation studies, and an HSG to ensure her tubes were open. Her results were all normal.
The first time me and my wife met her she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.
She took her time to explain everything and was very kind and thoughtful.
The clinic was clean and well organized. The waiting area was spacious with lots of comfortable seating and water bottles for those who wanted. It has a nice clean modern feel. The staff was also very helpful and kind.

Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
[Dr. Kimberly Thompson is] so real and down to earth. She cries with you and rejoices with you. She is very thorough and research driven...She spends her time with you and never ever rushes you out...Immune testing IVF after IUI didn’t work...Conservative approach to decrease potential of hyper stimulation of ovaries...Successful first attempt...I have referred many friends to her because of how she handled our treatment plan from day
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
She is amazing! I have referred many friends to her because of how she handled our treatment plan from day 1. She spends her time with you and never ever rushes you out. She is truly an example of what a good RE should be.
Give her a chance and don’t give up if the first treatment doesn’t work!
She is the greatest doctor and so real and down to earth. She cries with you and rejoices with you. She is very thorough and research driven.
Immune testing IVF after IUI didn’t work Conservative approach to decrease potential of hyper stimulation of ovaries. Successful first attempt
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yosie Diaz )
The nurses and all staff are awesome
Great clinic... clean, professional, modern. The nurses are very sweet and they perform IUIs if needed because doctors may be busy with retrieval’s or transfers. They always have a nurse or RE on call 24 hours daily
Insurance for visits and IUIs IVF was out of pocket
Na
IVF, Donor Eggs
She's the best. Extremely detailed. She will sit down and explain everything for hours step by step....Shes my second doctor. We are in process of transferring my embryos from my previous doctor. So after the initial consultation and all the followup testing she's done have been amazing. She is extremely detailed and excellent communicator.... i was assigned dr. thompson and her staff which was the best choice for me.
IVF, Donor Eggs
with anything, interview more than one doctor. trust your gut. To me dr thompson is the best doctor for me. she's treats you like a human and compassion for the process.
doing one frozen embryo transfer in november
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: vanessa)
the entire IVF MD staff is amazing. not one problem.
the entire IVF MD staff are all amazing. i was assigned dr. thompson and her staff which was the best choice for me. its easy to communicate with anyone in the office whether its for an appointment or results.
I haven't paid for my frozen embryo transfer yet but about $2k in the testing and initial appointments.
i am choosing 2 embryos