6.7

Kimberly Thompson works at

15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196

2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Thompson] spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity....She spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity.
I felt that instructions [from the staff at IVFMD] regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set....Could use an update to décor: looks like they haven't invested in their practice since the 80s-90s. I was typically through monitoring appointments in less than an hour to return to work as I was doing this cycle locally.
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Expect that she will perform your procedures and this is the only time you might interact with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I did not see my doctor during any monitoring appointments, only technicians. I did not receive phone calls from nurses with instructions; I had to call into a voicemail by end of business day. I did see the same few nurses during monitoring.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
antagonist protocol (?): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
This clinic also worked with many international, Spanish-speaking patients. So sometimes I didn't feel like my instructions were clear, especially in regards to abstinence. It's easier when you get to speak to the nurses in real time, not listening to voicemail instructions. Dr. Thompson's main coordinator, Sasha, was fabulous. I did not see her for every monitoring appointment, but she was very informative (sizes, numbers follicles, estimating meds, etc).
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Cycle paid in full before monitoring was ~$10500, ICSI was included. Egg retrieval was in their own on-site surgery center so no anesthesia or facility fee. They also offered several third-party payment plans. Meds were partially covered by my insurance, and they also offered to order and sell meds privately.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I felt that instructions regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set.
Kimberly Thompson

2013, Unknown Success
I liked her [Dr. Thompson] as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.... [Eset Approach] They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.... i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
Lets start with you scan a card like you would when you go to the gym to check in. No "hi, it good to see you..." nothing scan and take a seat and wait. I really had to stay on top of everything. and ask for more info. it was a as if i had done it many times and i should already know the schedule.... They [IVFMD S. FL Inst] have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test
I liked her as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.
Just make sure you ask what every step is and what day of your cycle that needed to be done. especially when you are first getting started and getting initial test done, or you could be set back. Timing is everything, every test is done based on your cycle. When all else fails, call on Cycle Day 1 and ask to speak to your nurse and get info about what to do that month.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid - The first round i took one pill a day for 7 days, the second and third round i took have a pill a day for 7 days(i think)... yes less meds, even though it didn't work the first time. Why, well i produced 6 Folicals the first round and is it had worked we could have had a large multiple pregnancy. so the next 2 rounds i still produced 3 follicles each time, plenty for us. After the 3rd not working the next option was IVF. I was told that is if doesn't work in the first few rounds it probably will not work. IVF- can't remember my exact protocal, but i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
She was nice and returned phone calls in a timely manner
They have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test unless you have made an appointment. event if you don't realize your missing that test from your file.
total care- test leading up to, treatments, IVF, not including meds (meds all from outside vendors) i lost count but probably in the range of 33-38K
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.
Kimberly Thompson