Kindbody

Atlanta
3005 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30305
470-765-6347

Dr. Cain was very pleasant and always answered our questions as they arose....She’s a very pleasant doctor and always answered questions in a manner that was helpful and informative. I just feel like we’ve been forgotten since our last visit. We almost always had to recount who we were and what we’d done in the past at every visit.... To date I’ve had a lot of bloodwork, a saline sonogram, a uterine polyp removal, and several visits. My husband has had two semen analyses. That’s about it
I feel they [Sanford Repro Med] could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients.... Insurance paid for most of our appointments but not her office visit fees ($250ish). Our insurance does not pay for IVF...which we were quoted around $20,000.... I had a bout with pneumonia and was scheduled for a uterine polyp removal surgery. Unfortunately, the night before the surgery was cancelled by the anesthetist due to the recent pneumonia diagnosis (which I was healed from at the time).
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Keep in touch with clients more. This is a difficult road and feeling forgotten doesn’t make us too eager to come back.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cain was very pleasant and always answered our questions as they arose. I feel she/her office could have reached out to us more though. We were last there in October 2017 and haven’t heard from them since. I feel like once we were presented with IVF being our only option and we needed time to secure funding they completely forgot about us.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We have yet to start working with a lot of medications. To date I’ve had a lot of bloodwork, a saline sonogram, a uterine polyp removal, and several visits. My husband has had two semen analyses. That’s about it
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Always friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I feel they could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients. They did a good job with diagnosing but I feel we’re no further today than we were 15-months ago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
We only ever spoke with a financial counselor about this...not Dr. Cain.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I had a bout with pneumonia and was scheduled for a uterine polyp removal surgery. Unfortunately, the night before the surgery was cancelled by the anesthetist due to the recent pneumonia diagnosis (which I was healed from at the time). I understand the why, but I wish I hadn’t had to take time off work and schedule a family member to come help me on a day that wasn’t needed. It was a lot of runaround that could have been avoided with proper information.
Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine
Sioux Falls

The first embryo transfer [with Dr. Kristen Cain] failed with a single embryo so we decided to implant 2 the second time...After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision...This resulted in a singleton pregnancy that was successful...After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision...was efficient but always had time to check in with me to see how I was doing and chat about normal life during appointments
The up front cost for the egg retrieval [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] and first FET were just under 18k, the second FET was just under 6K. There was another couple grand with extra ultrasounds and bloodwork that ended up being needed...Everyone that was involved with any of my appointments were always compassionate...the clinic, staff and Dr. Cain went above and beyond to make that situation better as best as they could. This proved to me how much they really did care about how their patients were treated.
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cain always made sure I understood what we were doing throughout the process and why we were doing it. I thought she took sufficient time with us but also was efficient. I didn't doubt her capabilities during the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her knowledge.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cain was efficient but always had time to check in with me to see how I was doing and chat about normal life during appointments.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifics but I know I was taking estrogen and injecting progesterone. The first embryo transfer failed with a single embryo so we decided to implant 2 the second time. This resulted in a singleton pregnancy that was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
We ended up in a very difficult position that is too personal to mention but the clinic, staff and Dr. Cain went above and beyond to make that situation better as best as they could. This proved to me how much they really did care about how their patients were treated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The up front cost for the egg retrieval and first FET were just under 18k, the second FET was just under 6K. There was another couple grand with extra ultrasounds and bloodwork that ended up being needed.
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
We discussed both a lot since our first transfer failed when using a single embryo. After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision.
Fargo
[Dr. Kristen Cain's] recommendation was a single embryo because research doesn’t show that implanting two or more has high chances of pregnancy...was always great and we felt she cared about our case...She was understanding yet explained everything in full and was very open about everything. She gave us the information we needed to make the proper decisions. When she decided to transition to a new clinic she informed us promptly and served us until she left
The costs vary [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine]. Our ivf procedure we were quoted about 14800 plus medications...Appointment availability has been great. They ensured I had a private area when we found out we were having a miscarriage and provided us with all the information. I think options for additional funding would be beneficial and providing options for grants or additional payment plans...Most nursing staff was great!...
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cain was great. She was understanding yet explained everything in full and was very open about everything. She gave us the information we needed to make the proper decisions. When she decided to transition to a new clinic she informed us promptly and served us until she left
She is a good doctor
Dr. Cain was always great and we felt she cared about our case
Dr. Cain made recommendations appropriately and explained procedures before we had to make a decision and ensure we understood what we were choosing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Most nursing staff was great!
The costs vary. Our ivf procedure we were quoted about 14800 plus medications
Her recommendation was a single embryo because research doesn’t show that implanting two or more has high chances of pregnancy
Fargo

Dr. Cain is willing to listen and work with you. She listened when we explained what we wanted and she was willing to work with us to get the desired result. She is very blunt but caring at the same time. She will tell you how it is but in a professional way. It is still too early in the process to determine if she is successful, but she has been nice to work with so far.
This seems to be a very organized clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine]. They are very busy as they are one of the only ones in the state. Everyone is extremely nice and professional. The staff is very easy to work with considering the reason you are in the clinic for a very personal reason. ... The cost is expensive regardless what you are there for. Insurance usually does not cover much if anything.
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Tell Dr. Cain everything you want out of the visit and do not hold back. She is very detailed-oriented.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This seems to be a very organized clinic. They are very busy as they are one of the only ones in the state. Everyone is extremely nice and professional. The staff is very easy to work with considering the reason you are in the clinic for a very personal reason.