Kindbody

Atlanta
3005 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30305
470-765-6347

She [Dr. Cain] always took notes, remembered who we were at appointments, looked up things if needed, was very thorough in her explanations and went over a treatment plan with options and allowing us to choose versus telling us what to do....since I was having a regular cycle we opted out of medications and did natural cycle. She was open to doing things how we wanted...We only met with a nurse once otherwise is was Dr. Cain that did most of the stuff with us
[Sanford Reproductive Medicine] Has a quite and calm feel, different from the hustle and bustle of a regular clinic. The financial consultant is kind of out in the open with just a small make shift wall for a barrier which I feel would be nice to know if needed to talk to them. I feel like it’s not very private for the people having conversations with her, I can always hear the conversations while I wait. Children are also not allowed in the building, also nice to know before appointments
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She’s a genuine person and shows compassion. She explains things well and usually remembered who we were at each appointment. She was great with our IUI and explained outcomes and have the knowledge base to answer questions. She was also very experienced in her line of work. The only downfall is that she is leaving the clinic. However, she did make sure to tell us in person before we got the mail notification.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Have questions ready at your consult appointment and be ready for lots of testing even if your OBGYN has started baseline testing, they will likely re do it all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She always took notes, remembered who we were at appointments, looked up things if needed, was very thorough in her explanations and went over a treatment plan with options and allowing us to choose versus telling us what to do.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She allowed us to choose and since I was having a regular cycle we opted out of medications and did natural cycle. She was open to doing things how we wanted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
We only met with a nurse once otherwise is was Dr. Cain that did most of the stuff with us. The staff that did our rooming process were kind and just asked a bunch of questions. I have spoken a lot over email and phone to the nurses more often then in person. They are extremely kind and have a great way of showing compassion over the phone when giving out less desirable news. They are quick to respond and call in a timely manner with results.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a very nice clinic. Has a quite and calm feel, different from the hustle and bustle of a regular clinic. The financial consultant is kind of out in the open with just a small make shift wall for a barrier which I feel would be nice to know if needed to talk to them. I feel like it’s not very private for the people having conversations with her, I can always hear the conversations while I wait. Children are also not allowed in the building, also nice to know before appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I think costs are all very similar from clinic to clinic. We have some insurance coverage but still paid a majority out of pocket I feel. Labs have cost about 200-400, baseline testing was around 200, I had a saline sonogram which was about 400 and our IUI was close to 500. Like I said these are all estimates and with some insurance coverage.
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
We did not have to go through that.
Sanford Reproductive Medicine
Fargo

My clinic [Sanford- Sioux Falls] is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors made me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries. I do understand how some people may choose another doctor at my clinic if they want someone more “warm and fuzzy”. Don’t get my wrong DR Cain is extremely compassionate and I truly feel like she is invested in us and She is definitely my style of doctor but may not be the first choice for others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She will speak to you as an equal so if you do not understand anything or have questions on certain terms or procedures please ask. She is very good at explaining any questions that we have bc there were times we did not understand terminology, medicine, or what the next steps were.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors mad me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifics with regards to the exact dosages and medicine. What I do know is that my clinic keeps a very close eye on me and my levels. I never felt like I was not being cared for or monitored. They do recommend accupuncture during your IVF transfer and she was very willing to research the specifics behind it for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My clinic is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a separate building away from the hospital so it offers a lot of privacy. One thing that I do appreciate is they have a sign on the door asking patients not to bring children. They know this is an emotional experience for us and babies and small children may be hard for some patients to see while they are there.. the staff at Sanford in Fargo is also great. In the two years I have been going there I have seen little to zero turn over. Honestly I do not have to many things to say about weaknesses minus the cost. I feel like what they charge is above the average but being in North Dakota we do not have to many other options unless we want to travel. They do however offer some financing programs for patients. I believe this is a relatively new offering there so I did have to ask a lot of questions to get clarity on exactly what is covered under the loan company and what I am responsible for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I cannot recall the exact cost of the iui procedures because they were covered under insurance at that time. For our IVF cycle I believe not including medicine it was around 20k for an egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers.
Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine
Sioux Falls

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating....She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate....Dr Cain was always professional and honest. She took the time to familiarize herself with my history at each visit. She was compassionate and encouraging. She talked to me on a level I could understand, never condescending. I felt comfortable and confident under her care.
The clinic [Sanford - Fargo] is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful...The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI...The nurses always communicated with me very thoroughly. I never had to wait long for an answer to a question or a test result.
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Ask lots of questions. She will take the time to explain as many times as needed.
She always knew who I was, why I was there, what my history was
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating. Bravelle + Menopur for follicle stimulation, then Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and Novarel trigger. Menopur dosage was increased a little when my blood estrogen levels were low in the beginning. I used crinone for progesterone. She chose She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate. She retrieved 9 eggs, all 9 fertilized. We transferred two on day 5, and froze 3. Both embryos implanted, but one was blighted ovum. I had a healthy single pregnancy and a full term live birth. Two years later, we did a frozen transfer. For that cycle, she altered the protocol a bit to accommodate my allergy to adhesive. Estrace: Oral, 2mg twice a day, increased to add vaginal estrogen, Progesterone: Crinone gel twice a day, then later added PIO. We transferred just one embryo, upon my request. Again, it was successful, though we terminated at 20 weeks due to severe anencephaly.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI. The total was about $15,000 not including medications.
Dr Cain left it up to us to decide how many. She strongly recommended two both times.
Sanford Reproductive Medicine