IVF New England

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
800 858-4832
10 Research Place
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
800 858-4832
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kristen Wright to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF New England to a friend?
[Dr. Wright] clearly had years of experience behind her, which was helpful and reassuring. And she was not condescending in our discussions...The down side to the experience with Wright is that at a few points, I decided that the recommended approach would not be enough.This example occurred when, after 2 failed IUI cycles, she recommended a third and I just didn't see how the third would yield any different result.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Kristen Wright was more relatable than other doctors in New England IVF, but she spoke matter-of-factly and took the factors of my fertility challenges into account. Wright clearly had years of experience behind her, which was helpful and reassuring. And she was not condescending in our discussions, as some other doctors have been in the past. The down side to the experience with Wright is that at a few points, I decided that the recommended approach would not be enough. This example occurred when, after 2 failed IUI cycles, she recommended a third and I just didn't see how the third would yield any different result. I also often had to follow up our visits with online research to better understand the recommended treatments and the process, as doctors don't often have time to show patients all of the steps in the process. I also didn't always know the timeline for the various treatment approaches. One IUI cycle is straight forward, but the IVF process is more convoluted and often requires many weeks of insurance approvals, so there were frequently longer than expected stretches of time between treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Do your reading offline after consultations and follow up visits, and ensure you are informed on the treatments so there are no surprises. Be direct and get as much information as you can about the timelines for treatment and what is involved in getting insurance approvals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Dr. Wright addressed all of my and my husband's questions, but she was perfunctory and with minimal emotion. I felt like her office took our situation as a unique case, rather than as one of many routines, but I did sometimes feel like I had to advocate for myself and my combination of factors in order to get a good recommendation that was not generic.
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at IVF New England and their degree of success.
1. Rounds of pre-treatment testing and genetic testing, these were expensive and tough to schedule around my travel, but we completed this in a few months. 2. IUI - I performed two rounds of this treatment, using Letrozol as a trigger around days 14 of my cycle. This required monitoring of my bloodwork and ultrasound results every other day over the course of approximately 2 weeks. This was unsuccessful. 3. Egg retrieval - I used Gonal F, Cetrotide and Lupron as trigger during this time. The egg retrieval yielded 42 eggs, of which 25 fertilized, and ultimately 7 embryos were preserved. I was expecting a transfer but given my response to the retrieval, the decision was made to make this a freezing cycle. I will perform the transfer in a few months.
I often got a call in the afternoon after lab results were available. The nurses were direct but compassionate, especially Nicki. There were a few times where either the nurses or the pharmacies would get the medication quantities wrong, and that led to out of pocket expenses which were infuriating. For the most part though, I was happy with the nursing team response.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic in Waltham is accessible, clean, safe and secure. I felt the doctors and nurses were attentive and personal, and made every attempt to make me comfortable. I had several tests performed here (HSG, sonohysterogram, and IVF extraction), and they were done smoothly and quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at IVF New England.
Genetic testing - $400 for husband, $700 for me Each ultrasound appointment was around $400, and ~50% was covered by my insurance. IUI medication - $100 out of pocket IVF process - $7,500 of my lifetime maximum under United Health insurance, and additional $750 out of pocket. For medication, each Gonal F pen was $750 at Village Fertility Pharmacy (and a whopping $1,300 at CVS specialty care), various other medication totaled $2,500 in sum. Embryo Freezing - $1200 for first 3 months, $85 per month following Embryo Transfer - Expected to be around $1,000 per attempt
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF New England.
I am Type I diabetic and it was not an option for me to receive a multiple embryo transfer.
North Chelmsford
Dr Wright will do everything to get you there...2nd embryo transfer I got a stitch put in my cervix to help straighten it during the transfer. It worked perfectly and the transfer went more smoothly. I have 2 curves and it’s been hard at time to get the catheter in...The stitch in the my cervix was such a simple procedure I just wish it had been brought up earlier...has always taken the time to go over things each cycle or to try something new. We’ve had in person consults as well as phone consults so we wouldn’t have to wait.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Dr Wright knows her stuff and she will always tell you how it is. She will break all the info down and help you understand. Having her as the one doing the procedure always made it easier. I’ve had bad experiences with iuis and embryo transfers. But the one I had with Dr Wright was the most comfortable. All together using my obgyn and Boston Ivf I’ve had 8 iuis and two embryo transfers using my wife’s embryos. None have been successful and I was thinking of giving up. My last embryo transfer I was sure it was my last try but Dr Wright changed things up and made the experience less painful and quick. While it wasn’t a success it made me rethink quitting. We’ve already come up with two alternate plans when I’m ready to restart next year.
It’s hard work to get pregnant. But Dr Wright will do everything to get you there. It can be frustrating and scary at times, but I feel you can really put your trust in Dr Wright. It was a lot of struggle for us but we have our beautiful son.
My wife and I both saw Dr Wright to try and get pregnant. My wife has gotten pregnant and gave birth, while I’m still trying. Dr Wright has always taken the time to go over things each cycle or to try something new. We’ve had in person consults as well as phone consults so we wouldn’t have to wait.
One iui cycle was with clomid 50mg for 5 days. Ovidrel 250 mcg 2nd iui: gonal f 50 iu Ovidrel 250 mcg Endometrin 100mg Embryo transfers: estradiol mg Estradiol patches .1 mg Progesterone 1 ml 2nd embryo transfer I got a stitch put in my cervix to help straighten it during the transfer. It worked perfectly and the transfer went more smoothly. I have 2 curves and it’s been hard at time to get the catheter in.
The nurses were always wonderful. We had many over our visits and they were always warm and caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The strengths are the staff in general. They are all caring and you Know they want you succeed. The only weakness is that you don’t always get your doctor and usually a different nurse each time. While each doctor is great they don’t always know your whole story and that can be hard
Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover much. It was expensive but the billing was always willing to try to get insurance to cover things
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Kristen Wright] is straight and to the point but not rude...She answers all your questions, no matter how crazy or outlandish you think those questions are and whether or not those should be potential concerns for you...Don't expect warm and fuzzy because you won't get it...I responded well but of the 22 eggs, only 12 were mature. I was put on cabergoline for 7 days to minimize OHSS. The second ER i was on the same injections but different amounts to yield more mature eggs which I did, and after transfer I was put on patches and crinone again.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Dr. Wright is a great at communicator regarding test results, what to expect from those results and what realistic expectations should be. I never did any of my procedures with her, but she did manage my protocols and did all of my follow ups. This wasn't as important to me because I didn't know what to expect from IVF to begin with. When my first retrieval yielded poor results, she called me personally to let me know (and on a weekend). She adjusted my protocol for the second retrieval and was able to yield more mature eggs for fertilization which results in five embryos. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with one of those embryos. I have recommended Dr. Wright to a friend of mine and she is currently under her care and loves her. Dr. Wright is not what I would consider "warm and fuzzy" but she is certainly professional, respectful and candid. I personally prefer this over "sugar coating" or someone trying to be my best friend. She knows what shes doing and I cannot elaborate enough on how much I like her as my RE, but also as a person.
Don't expect warm and fuzzy because you won't get it. She is straight and to the point but not rude. For me, knowing what you are dealing with, with IVF and infertility, it is better to know the details, the truth and all the facts surrounding your diagnosis and protocol, rather than someone who is "just nice". She answers all your questions, no matter how crazy or outlandish you think those questions are and whether or not those should be potential concerns for you.
I was always treated with respect, honesty, and professionalism. My concerns were heard and my questions were answered. I never had to ask more than once for information or for further explanation if needed.
I was on menopur, gonal f, cetrotide injections and estradiol patches and crinone for the first egg retrieval. I responded well but of the 22 eggs, only 12 were mature. I was put on cabergoline for 7 days to minimize OHSS. The second ER i was on the same injections but different amounts to yield more mature eggs which I did, and after transfer I was put on patches and crinone again. The third transfer was a frozen cycle so instead of supposetories I was put on progesterone in oil shots until 10 weeks of pregnancy with patches.
The nursing staff was always available and always answered my questions and call backs were always same day. Any worries or concerns were always addressed.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Clean, organized, great time management, never waited too long to be seen in the waiting room. Very personable staff. Weakness would be how difficult it is to contact Boston IVF Lexington when you are running late for your appointment. I always scheduled my appointments between 7a and 8a so that I didnt have to take time from work. It is impossible to get them on the phone that early. I would suggest giving patients a phone line they can call when they are running late or need to cancel, instead of talking to the answering service because there are people there from 6a.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
I have no complaints.
Due to my insurance coverage, we paid $500 deductible and everything else was covered. I believe my insurance was billed $8,900 for each cycle. We paid our co-pays for all medications which was less than $300 for the first and second cycles (egg retrievals) and about $30 for the meds for FET.
I have no comments other than because of my age (31), my insurance dictated what I could transfer. When I told her i wanted to transfer two embryos for my third cycle, she was receptive and we did discuss the complications of a twin pregnancy. We went forward and did a two embryo frozen transfer, and luckily we did because only one of those embryos took.
North Chelmsford
Dr. Wright has treated my husband and myself with compassion, understanding and patience. We experienced a miscarriage prior to working with Dr. Wright and I greatly appreciate her ability and willingness to answer all my questions and concerns that go along with having experienced a prior loss....Dr. Wright has always taken the time to explain each one of our tests to us...Dr. Wright found I had high TSH level and correctly that, as well as a uterine fibroid which will be removed. After the removal we are starting IVF with Dr. Wright.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Dr. Wright has treated my husband and myself with compassion, understanding and patience. We experienced a miscarriage prior to working with Dr. Wright and I greatly appreciate her ability and willingness to answer all my questions and concerns that go along with having experienced a prior loss. I feel she truly cares about me and my husband and wants to see us start our family. We have hit a few bumps in the road which has slowed down our IVF start based on various test results, but Dr. Wright has helped me start correct medication and move us along faster then my PCP. I appreciate her quick responses and willing to walk me through each step of the process.
Don't ever feel guilty asking too many questions. There is no such thing. Dr. Wright has been wonderful answering my many questions and it's made a world of difference in going through this process.
Dr. Wright has always taken the time to explain each one of our tests to us. As we are in the beginning stages of IVF, this is all very new and confusing. My husband and I have almost completed all of our pre-IVF tests and hope to start IVF with ICSI next month. Dr. wright has called me to explain my various test results and helped me to get my TSH on track for IVF. I had a miscarriage prior to this process and Dr. Wright and her staff have been so understanding in working with me knowing I already experienced a very difficult loss.
We have not yet begun IVF treatment. We are just about to finish our pre-IVF testing. Dr. Wright found I had high TSH level and correctly that, as well as a uterine fibroid which will be removed. After the removal we are starting IVF with Dr. Wright.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Soto)
Barbara Soto and the rest of the IVF New England nursing staff in Bedford NH and Waltham offices are absolutely amazing! Having recently experienced a miscarriage, this has been a very emotional process for me. The nursing staff has been unbelievable considerate while treating me. There were there as my IVF tests were delayed due to waiting for the HCG to leave my system, through many ultrasound and blood work, and through my recent sono hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
As I have not started the IVF process yet, and only completed all pre-IVF testing I can't speak to the clinic's IVF treatment, but I can speak with regarding onboarding new patients and pre-IVF testing. The clinic does a great job with explaining the process to new patients and has wide availability to get you into appointments quickly. I did feel the testing process takes a long time, and perhaps it could be just my siltation which each test seemed to bring up another issue that needed to be addressed before moving forward. Final treatment plans appoints can book a ways out so in that instance it is difficult to get in sooner, but overall I have liked my experience with the clinic.
As we are just beginning the IVF process, costs of IVF with ICSI and PGS for one cycle is around $19,000. We have spent approximately (with insurance coverage) $1500 in pre-IVF testing so far.
Dr. Wright recommends single embryo transfer.
Lexington
Dr. Wright prescribed an antagonist cycle with no birth control. This was my fourth IVF cycle, but first with her. Five eggs were retrieved and two embryos were transferred, but resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, I am going to undergo an donor egg cycle with Dr. Wright soon.... Dr. Wright never did any of my procedures, which I was disappointed about, but I did feel comfortable with the other doctor's in the practice.
European, Other
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Dr. Wright takes the time to explain every aspect of treatment clearly. I came to her with many questions and she answered all of them fully and honestly. Dr. Wright presented the facts of my case and provided me with options after discussing the benefits and disadvantages of each. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Attend appointments with a list of questions so that you can maximize your time with the doctor and get all the information you need to proceed with treatment.
I felt like a human under the treatment of Dr. Wright. I felt that she and the nurses were caring and compassionate. However, the clinic is large and at times I felt like a number - not due to the way any staff member treated me, but because I knew there were so many patients under the care of the clinic's doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
My main nurse was clear in her directions and knowledgeable about medications. She called to explain next steps and answered all my questions efficiently.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic has multiple monitoring locations, which is convenient for someone like me who lives close to one location and works close to another. You can go to different sites depending on what works for you. The main procedures are completed at one location. They give you a scheduled time for blood work and ultrasounds, which streamlines the process really well. Dr. Wright never did any of my procedures, which I was disappointed about, but I did feel comfortable with the other doctor's in the practice.
When undergoing an IVF cycle, I had majority of costs covered by insurance. With my upcoming donor egg cycle, I will pay a fee to the clinic, a fee to the outside agency, donor fee, and legal fees.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Wright has always been clear and direct with us, but is also careful to speak to us in a compassionate manner. She is very knowledgeable, consistently updating us on recent studies that relate to us and has always been very good at listening to our concerns and answered all our questions...be aware that she will not be doing many of your procedures as they are partnered with a bigger clinic that has other doctors for IVF egg retrieval’s, transfers iui’s etc.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Be prepared with questions, Dr. wright will give you an honest opinion, so it’s important to know what questions to ask to help you understand where she is coming from. Also be aware that she will not be doing many of your procedures as they are partnered with a bigger clinic that has other doctors for IVF egg retrieval’s, transfers iui’s etc.
The staff in this office are incredible, they know you by name and treat you with sincere compassion.
We tried 2 rounds of oral pills, 1 month of clomid with timed intercourse, and 1 month of a higher dose of letrozoyle with timed intercourse. We got pregnant with letrozoyle, but miscarried shortly after. This was our 9th miscarriage so we quickly moved on to IVF. In our IVF cycles we used birth control for two weeks in my first cycle then added follistim 150units and menopur 150units for the first 5 days of my first cycle and then doubled each dose days 6-12 while also using cetrotide. Due to high progesterone we opted for a freeze all cycle. We had 15 eggs, 12 fertilized and 1 BB embryo made it to freeze. Our second IVF cycle we used menopur 150 and follistim 300 from day 1 of the cycle. We continued for 8 days before adding cetrotide in for days 8-10. We retrieved 13 eggs, 8 fertilized and transferred 2 day 5 morulas. We received a positive pregnancy test with doubling hcg and but are currently only 5 weeks along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Brenda Connolly )
Brenda is amazing as a nurse coordinator and I truly felt that she cared for us to have a positive experience and outcome. She always treated me like a friend more than a patient which is hard to come by. The other nurses were kind, and willing to answers my questions, and the ultrasound techs were always very kind as well.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
It’s a small clinic, but I never had to wait long for appointments. They do book up quickly so it generally takes about 2-3 weeks to get an appointment, so that’s something I had to stay on top of, especially for follow up appointments after treatment.
Fortunately most of our treatment was forever by insurance, but I believe each IVF cycle with icsi was about $9,000
Dr. Wright prefers to transfer single embryos, unless there is a quality issue. In our case there was, so we transferred 2. She was flexible in adjusting our protocol from cycle to cycle to improve our chances based on how my body responded.
IVF, Donor Eggs
I also appreciate that she [Dr. Wright] didn't support me trying IVF with my own eggs because of my DOR [Diminished Ovarian Reserve]. but there were a lot of big bumps along the way. First of all, she didn't give me enough information about possible outcomes and options before taking the Clomid Challenge...
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Again she was nice and I am confident she knew what she was doing and had the knowledge to help me get pregnant. I also appreciate that she didn't support me trying IVF with my own eggs because of my DOR. That would have been a waste of time and money. All of the support/information I got was from an online group for donor eggs called PVED. I got hardly any information from Dr. Wright. She basically prescribed the medications for IVF and oversaw my cycle. My case was not complicated, no other diagnosis beyond DOR and I had already had a child naturally with my own eggs. Dr. Wright did not do either of my transfers and I did not communicate with her much during my cycles. I mostly talked to my nurse.
Ask lots of questions. Ask who will be doing your transfers and if they use substitute doctors from other practices. She was never rude or mean, but definitely not very emotional. She will get the job done, but don't expect a big hug or anything.
She was nice and in the end, helped me get pregnant, but there were a lot of big bumps along the way. First of all, she didn't give me enough information about possible outcomes and options before taking the Clomid Challenge. Then, she called me and gave me the results (DOR) over the phone and said I would need to use donor eggs. Nothing was explained, no follow-up appointment was made, just a blunt diagnoses with no information or support. That is not information that should be given over the phone. Then, on the day of my transfer, no doctors from IVF New England were available and I found out (while my feet were in stirrups waiting for the transfer) that I was getting a substitute doctor from Harvard Pilgrim. No one thought to tell me this could happen or reassure me. I had researched all the IVF New England doctors (they were RSC before a merger) and felt comfortable with them all and they send in a substitute at my most critical appointment with no warning or explanation. It was my fresh transfer and ended in a BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
The nurses were kind and 90% on top of things. Once they made a mistake (which I luckily caught) and almost made me stop taking Lupron too soon. Overall, I felt like I was in good hands.
Lexington
Dr. Wright is very thorough with explanation she always kept me informed of everything that was going on. She has been professional the whole time with every appointment or every phone call. She called me right away with results of every testing or Imaging the same day.... Dr. Wright does not beat around the bush she gets the job done and is very aggressive with her treatment options which helps to prevent the duration of infertility. She has presented options for me gives me the statistics based on previous experiences with other patients but also allows me to make an informed decision.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
She is very thorough with her explanations after every testing or procedure she would call me right away to let me know of the results and plan of care and always was allowing me to ask any questions that I had
The nurses were very thorough and clear was explaining medication directions
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The strengths of the clinic is that there are multiple locations to choose from and everyone is connected. The downfall is that certain testings such as an hsg must be done in one particular location in Waltham, MA which may be a hassle for some. However I have such a great provider that I don't mind the commute the staff at the Bedford Inn Waltham location have all been a very pleasant from check-in, support staff, labs, providers and techs
Not sure
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Wright] was amazing. She treated us with our own personal situation and was also very professional. Loved her....Sitting in front of her in her office I felt that she looked at us and wanted to help us. She listened to everything we had to say and treated us with so much respect. She was also very professional and we felt that she wanted nothing more than for us to have a baby...The location I had my blood and ultrasound was in Bedford NH and there were always only a few other women there during the monitoring times. I think it was during a time window and I had a specific time to show up during that window so I wasn’t waiting with a room full of women who signed in to get in line.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England?
Ask any and all questions you may have.
She was amazing. She treated us with our own personal situation and was also very professional. Loved her.
I don’t remember. It was my third cycle and it’s all a blur.
As far as I remember I could call with questions anytime and I felt very comfortable and at ease at all my appointments.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
I felt at ease at the Bedford location. The women working there were very personal and helped me feel relaxed while there. I can’t think of anything I didn’t like, I have only good feelings about them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
As far as I can remember, the cycle cost us 10,000 plus meds. Could be 11,000? It’s a blur. Our insurance doesn’t cover IVF and it was our third out of pocket cycle.
She told us we had the choice between transferring one or two embryos. She recommended whichever we felt the most comfortable with. She did make sure we knew that if we transferred two, we may have twins, making sure we thought that through before moving forward.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Wright was compassionate and appeared trustworthy. She shared her expert knowledge and recommendations with us each step of the journey and made adjustments to our plan as needed based on professional analysis of results.... Dr. Wright reviewed our protocol every step of the way and gave recommendations for next steps based on my personal results, as well as next steps based on the fact that we were self pay patients.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
This clinic and staff made us feel like a valued patient and not just a number. Our care was handled with compassion and expertise. The overall feel of the clinic including the waiting rooms and exam rooms was clean and comfortable.