Good

North Chelmsford
10 Research Place
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
800 858-4832

As a patient I had very limited interactions with Dr. Wright. She did call after a cancelled cycle which I thought was appropriate. I did feel like the info structure as a whole was like an “IVF Farm” one in and one out. I had to be persistent if I felt something didn’t seem right...The best description I can give is that all my conversations with her were very transactional. Only when I pushed back or questioned something were changes made. I had to trust my instincts and question everything to have treatment adapted to me and my situation and not cookie cutter.
The nursing staff [at Boston IVF] were very caring. Some days it took a while to call back; however, I feel that may have been more related to the whole system...Cancelled cycle was - 5,500 included retrieval but no transfer. Medication each cycle was 1,700...Strengths - open every day of the week, numerous locations, nursing staff Weaknesses - big clinic feel, you are a number and must advocate for yourself every step of the way if not you fall on the standard protocol which may not best for your body. It’s overwhelming and they move so fast by the time you are back in your car your head is spinning. Ask then to slow down and explain everything in detail. Ask lots of questions.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
As a patient I had very limited interactions with Dr. Wright. She did call after a cancelled cycle which I thought was appropriate. I did feel like the info structure as a whole was like an “IVF Farm” one in and one out. I had to be persistent if I felt something didn’t seem right. While Dr. Wright has done this hundreds of time it was my first time seeking IVF treatment so you have to advocate yourself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Ask questions. A lot of questions. If the questions come later call and ask them. Don’t wait - this is your body and your potential child.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
2 cycles of an antagonist cycle, Gonal-F 300 iu, menapur 150iu - 225iu, then cetrotide for the last few days. Triggered with 10,000iu of HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Marianne)
The nursing staff were very caring. Some days it took a while to call back; however, I feel that may have been more related to the whole system.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
Lexington

[Dr. Wright] clearly had years of experience behind her, which was helpful and reassuring. And she was not condescending in our discussions...The down side to the experience with Wright is that at a few points, I decided that the recommended approach would not be enough.This example occurred when, after 2 failed IUI cycles, she recommended a third and I just didn't see how the third would yield any different result.
The clinic [IVF New England] in Waltham is accessible, clean, safe and secure. I felt the doctors and nurses were attentive and personal, and made every attempt to make me comfortable. I had several tests performed here (HSG, sonohysterogram, and IVF extraction), and they were done smoothly and quickly...I often got a call in the afternoon after lab results were available. The nurses were direct but compassionate, especially Nicki. There were a few times where either the nurses or the pharmacies would get the medication quantities wrong, and that led to out of pocket expenses which were infuriating. For the most part though, I was happy with the nursing team response.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Kristen Wright was more relatable than other doctors in New England IVF, but she spoke matter-of-factly and took the factors of my fertility challenges into account. Wright clearly had years of experience behind her, which was helpful and reassuring. And she was not condescending in our discussions, as some other doctors have been in the past. The down side to the experience with Wright is that at a few points, I decided that the recommended approach would not be enough. This example occurred when, after 2 failed IUI cycles, she recommended a third and I just didn't see how the third would yield any different result. I also often had to follow up our visits with online research to better understand the recommended treatments and the process, as doctors don't often have time to show patients all of the steps in the process. I also didn't always know the timeline for the various treatment approaches. One IUI cycle is straight forward, but the IVF process is more convoluted and often requires many weeks of insurance approvals, so there were frequently longer than expected stretches of time between treatments.
Do your reading offline after consultations and follow up visits, and ensure you are informed on the treatments so there are no surprises. Be direct and get as much information as you can about the timelines for treatment and what is involved in getting insurance approvals.
Dr. Wright addressed all of my and my husband's questions, but she was perfunctory and with minimal emotion. I felt like her office took our situation as a unique case, rather than as one of many routines, but I did sometimes feel like I had to advocate for myself and my combination of factors in order to get a good recommendation that was not generic.
1. Rounds of pre-treatment testing and genetic testing, these were expensive and tough to schedule around my travel, but we completed this in a few months. 2. IUI - I performed two rounds of this treatment, using Letrozol as a trigger around days 14 of my cycle. This required monitoring of my bloodwork and ultrasound results every other day over the course of approximately 2 weeks. This was unsuccessful. 3. Egg retrieval - I used Gonal F, Cetrotide and Lupron as trigger during this time. The egg retrieval yielded 42 eggs, of which 25 fertilized, and ultimately 7 embryos were preserved. I was expecting a transfer but given my response to the retrieval, the decision was made to make this a freezing cycle. I will perform the transfer in a few months.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic in Waltham is accessible, clean, safe and secure. I felt the doctors and nurses were attentive and personal, and made every attempt to make me comfortable. I had several tests performed here (HSG, sonohysterogram, and IVF extraction), and they were done smoothly and quickly.
Genetic testing - $400 for husband, $700 for me Each ultrasound appointment was around $400, and ~50% was covered by my insurance. IUI medication - $100 out of pocket IVF process - $7,500 of my lifetime maximum under United Health insurance, and additional $750 out of pocket. For medication, each Gonal F pen was $750 at Village Fertility Pharmacy (and a whopping $1,300 at CVS specialty care), various other medication totaled $2,500 in sum. Embryo Freezing - $1200 for first 3 months, $85 per month following Embryo Transfer - Expected to be around $1,000 per attempt
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I am Type I diabetic and it was not an option for me to receive a multiple embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
For my second IUI cycle, I was to receive a double dose of medication and the clinic failed to call it in to the pharmacy, so I only received half the dosage initially. For my egg retrieval, the communication with the pharmacy was off, and I did not receive any medication the day I was scheduled to start. There were a lot of phone calls trying to rectify the mistake, and I ended up driving to several pharmacies to pick up meds. The saving grace was a nurse named Barbara, who ended up staying late at the clinic in New Hampshire to hold a donated medication pen to give me so that I could start a cycle on time and not need to wait an extra month.
North Chelmsford

On the first visit with Doctor Wright she was neutral, straight to the point but very informative. After that we never saw her again...is definitely an expert in her field and very informative during the first meeting. Unfortunately that is all I can say about her since we only saw her once to get all the information needed and the second time to sign papers...The nurses took the lead and another doctor was the one during the transfer.
At the end of the cycle [at Fertility Centers of New England], I felt like a number since my nurse that had done the calls and follow up never called me with instructions on how to stop the medication or to give me the negative result. After waiting hours for the call, I called to confirm that had been a negative cycle...I do have to say that I am currently doing a cycle and her communication has improved, Sheri’s prompt to get any information I request, always touch bases about my results and is very encouraging about everything
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
Doctor Write is definitely an expert in her field and very informative during the first meeting. Unfortunately that is all I can say about her since we only saw her once to get all the information needed and the second time to sign papers. After that we never saw or heard from her again. The nurses took the lead and another doctor was the one during the transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
If you like a warm, caring doctor, she may not be the right doctor for you but she is extremely knowledgeable in her field and will take her time to answer all of your questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
On the first visit with Doctor Wright she was neutral, straight to the point but very informative. After that we never saw her again. The nurses in the clinic were very nice and definitely don’t treat you like a number. The doctor during transfer was a doctor I was seeing for the first time (which I did not expect that or was informed Dr Wright wouldn’t be performing the transfer) and he was nice but again straight to the procedure. The nurses there were again lovely and very warming. At the end of the cycle, I felt like a number since my nurse that had done the calls and follow up never called me with instructions on how to stop the medication or to give me the negative result. After waiting hours for the call, I called to confirm that had been a negative cycle
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Since my cycle was a donor cycle she prepared my body with estrogen, increasing the dosage every week and introduced progesterone in oil one week before the embryo transfer. When my uterine pinning wasn’t thick enough, she delayed the cycle a week, hold off on progesterone and increased the estrogen intake. That week delay was enough to get my body where it needed to be for the embryo transfer. The pregnancy result negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Christen Anderson)
On the first cycle, she took over in the middle of the cycle from another nurse that was leaving the clinic. When the result was negative on that cycle, she never called to follow up with results nor guided me on how to proceed about stoping the medication. I do have to say that I am currently doing a cycle and her communication has improved, Sheri’s prompt to get any information I request, always touch bases about my results and is very encouraging about everything
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I like the fact that they have clinics in many places making the weekly bloodwork a lot easier and accommodating. I didn’t like the fact that the doctor you so carefully selected, does not perform the embryo transfer. You simply get the doctor that is working that day, someone that you don’t trust or never seen before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England.
About $20k plus medication
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England.
The only thing I would say that wasn’t efficient was the lack of information that your doctor would not be performing the embryo transfer and at a negative result, no one called me to let me know. I was told at blood work that someone would be calling mid morning with results but no one did. It wasn’t until early afternoon that I called to check and they confirm what I thought was going to be the results.
Fertility Centers of New England
Boston
2014 - 2015, Successful
I also appreciate that she [Dr. Wright] didn't support me trying IVF with my own eggs because of my DOR [Diminished Ovarian Reserve]. but there were a lot of big bumps along the way. First of all, she didn't give me enough information about possible outcomes and options before taking the Clomid Challenge...
No doctors from IVF New England were available and I found out (while my feet were in stirrups waiting for the transfer) that I was getting a substitute doctor from Harvard Pilgrim. No one thought to tell me this could happen or reassure me. I had researched all the IVF New England doctors (they were RSC before a merger) and felt comfortable with them all and they send in a substitute at my most critical appointment with no warning or explanation. It was my fresh transfer and ended in a BFN.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Again she was nice and I am confident she knew what she was doing and had the knowledge to help me get pregnant. I also appreciate that she didn't support me trying IVF with my own eggs because of my DOR. That would have been a waste of time and money. All of the support/information I got was from an online group for donor eggs called PVED. I got hardly any information from Dr. Wright. She basically prescribed the medications for IVF and oversaw my cycle. My case was not complicated, no other diagnosis beyond DOR and I had already had a child naturally with my own eggs. Dr. Wright did not do either of my transfers and I did not communicate with her much during my cycles. I mostly talked to my nurse.
Ask lots of questions. Ask who will be doing your transfers and if they use substitute doctors from other practices. She was never rude or mean, but definitely not very emotional. She will get the job done, but don't expect a big hug or anything.
She was nice and in the end, helped me get pregnant, but there were a lot of big bumps along the way. First of all, she didn't give me enough information about possible outcomes and options before taking the Clomid Challenge. Then, she called me and gave me the results (DOR) over the phone and said I would need to use donor eggs. Nothing was explained, no follow-up appointment was made, just a blunt diagnoses with no information or support. That is not information that should be given over the phone. Then, on the day of my transfer, no doctors from IVF New England were available and I found out (while my feet were in stirrups waiting for the transfer) that I was getting a substitute doctor from Harvard Pilgrim. No one thought to tell me this could happen or reassure me. I had researched all the IVF New England doctors (they were RSC before a merger) and felt comfortable with them all and they send in a substitute at my most critical appointment with no warning or explanation. It was my fresh transfer and ended in a BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
The nurses were kind and 90% on top of things. Once they made a mistake (which I luckily caught) and almost made me stop taking Lupron too soon. Overall, I felt like I was in good hands.