Good

10 Research Place
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
800 858-4832

2015 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Kristen Wright] is a no nonsense type person. Blunt and to the point with recommendations. We don’t feel we need coddling or hand holding as a couple so her approach worked for us. If someone needs a softer touch she may not be the best doctor. After we had a successful transfer her demeanor changed a little and she was lighter, less serious demeanor, happier for us and our situation. I think that is the nature of I fertility though, you can’t be too optimistic Incase it doesn’t work. We hit a few speed bumps and she gave us proper guidance for each step.
One major thing I want to say is the primary nurse [at IVF NE- Lexington] was very kind and helpful when I accidentally froze my injectable medications for the egg retrieval protocol. We had no fertility coverage with insurance so everything was OOP. She contacted the Gonal F rep and they got me samples to replace my medications so I didn’t have to pay over $2,000 again) she even offered to meet my husband to pick up the medication on her drive home since we lived so far away. Through the IVF process she was nice enough and left very brief messages with results/recommendations, but was also pregnant during this process which sadly left a bitter taste in my mouth not knowing if we were going to be successful (she was on maternity leave for the frozen transfer).
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She is a no nonsense type person. Blunt and to the point with recommendations. We don’t feel we need coddling or hand holding as a couple so her approach worked for us. If someone needs a softer touch she may not be the best doctor. After we had a successful transfer her demeanor changed a little and she was lighter, less serious demeanor, happier for us and our situation. I think that is the nature of I fertility though, you can’t be too optimistic Incase it doesn’t work. We hit a few speed bumps and she gave us proper guidance for each step.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Have your questions written down ahead of time if you can. But don’t hesitate to call and ask additional ones that pop up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Dr Wright always answered any questions we had and spoke to us frankly. We are not people that need coddling or hand holding and her approach was just right for us.
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Two procedures: 1) IVF for egg retrieval and 2) embryo transfer. 1) Started Lupron 10 units SQ once daily for 10 days, then decreased to 5 units once daily and started Gonadotrpins: Gonal F 225 units SQ and Menopur 75 units SQ once daily until hCG shot (10 days later). Egg retrieval 2 days after trigger. 13 eggs retrieved, 7 mature and frozen unfertilized. We found out a week or so before retrieval that my husband had zero sperm in his sample that was to be frozen for a back up. As well as zero sperm the day of retrieval. After speaking with Dr. Wright she encouraged us to go ahead with Egg retrieval since we were so far along in the process and fertilize later on. My husband had TESE procedure 2 months after my ER and the froze 10 vials of sperm. We did not to any genetic testing or extra testing on eggs/sperm or embryos. 2) Fresh embryo transfer from frozen gametes (3 months after ER and 1 month after TESE procedure). Treated like a frozen embryo transfer schedule but with the unpredictability of transfer date like a fresh cycle. Started Aspirin 81mg and estrogen patches (I get migraines and can’t be on Estrace pills) and continued this until pregnancy test. Started Progesterone 25mg IM once daily day 15 and increase to 50mg IM daily until after positive pregnancy test and ultrasounds. Day 17 transfer of two embryos. Gametes thawed, 4 eggs survived the thaw and fertilized, 2 arrested day 1, 2 remained and were transferred as a Day 2/3 transfer to Give them the best chance at growing. Our original protocol was to transfer one embryo due to our low risk factors and age. The on call doctor made the decision to transfer both in order to give us the best chance to get pregnant, we agreed with their recommendation. Transferred a -2c and a 5b embryo. Both stuck and resulted in live (C-section) birth of B/G twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Corey, RN)
One major thing I want to say is the primary nurse was very kind and helpful when I accidentally froze my injectable medications for the egg retrieval protocol. We had no fertility coverage with insurance so everything was OOP. She contacted the Gonal F rep and they got me samples to replace my medications so I didn’t have to pay over $2,000 again) she even offered to meet my husband to pick up the medication on her drive home since we lived so far away. Through the IVF process she was nice enough and left very brief messages with results/recommendations, but was also pregnant during this process which sadly left a bitter taste in my mouth not knowing if we were going to be successful (she was on maternity leave for the frozen transfer). This was no fault of hers, just a very delicate situation dealing with infertility emotions. The phlebotomist Brenda Connolly was AMAZING. I shed many tears and asked her many questions in which she showed so much compassion, support and guidance. I personally have a hard time with gynecology visits and it’s has been something very stressful and anxiety ridden for years. So when I was informed the ultrasounds would be internal starting with day 1, I had a very anxious emotional reaction. The one ultrasound nurse (only saw her twice) was more irritated and put off that I was shocked about the ultrasound not being external. I was not informed of this prior to the appointment. After holding it together for the ultrasound I let my emotions out to Brenda who was ever so kind and I believe she spoke to the ultrasound nurse about it since her demeanor changed the only other time I saw her. Once I was completely informed and there were no new surprises I did much better with the whole process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
IVFNE was in the process of merging with Boston IVF which made things more complicated with billing more than anything. But I had a very good experience with all of the doctors I dealt with from IVFNE including the doctor that did my retrieval and embryo transfer. They are definitely a well oiled machine and know what they are doing. I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like I was being taken care of by professionals that knew what to do and did it efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
Medications were completely out of pocket. They were phoned into a local compounding pharmacy that has dedicated staff to help answer any questions about fertility medication. 1) IVF for egg retrieval: Leuprolide $249 Gonal F $2,142 Menopur $972 Pregnyl (hCG) $92 Crinone $572.46 (did not use due to no fertilization at egg retrieval and non-returnable) Rx fees $16.94 Total for cycle $4,044.40 2) embryo transfer Estrogen patches $409.21 Progesterone injectable $79.85 Total cycle cost $489.06
Lexington

Dr. Wright prescribed an antagonist cycle with no birth control. This was my fourth IVF cycle, but first with her. Five eggs were retrieved and two embryos were transferred, but resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, I am going to undergo an donor egg cycle with Dr. Wright soon.... Dr. Wright never did any of my procedures, which I was disappointed about, but I did feel comfortable with the other doctor's in the practice.
The clinic [IVF NE] has multiple monitoring locations, which is convenient for someone like me who lives close to one location and works close to another. You can go to different sites depending on what works for you. The main procedures are completed at one location. They give you a scheduled time for blood work and ultrasounds, which streamlines the process really well.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Dr. Wright takes the time to explain every aspect of treatment clearly. I came to her with many questions and she answered all of them fully and honestly. Dr. Wright presented the facts of my case and provided me with options after discussing the benefits and disadvantages of each. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Attend appointments with a list of questions so that you can maximize your time with the doctor and get all the information you need to proceed with treatment.
I felt like a human under the treatment of Dr. Wright. I felt that she and the nurses were caring and compassionate. However, the clinic is large and at times I felt like a number - not due to the way any staff member treated me, but because I knew there were so many patients under the care of the clinic's doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
My main nurse was clear in her directions and knowledgeable about medications. She called to explain next steps and answered all my questions efficiently.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic has multiple monitoring locations, which is convenient for someone like me who lives close to one location and works close to another. You can go to different sites depending on what works for you. The main procedures are completed at one location. They give you a scheduled time for blood work and ultrasounds, which streamlines the process really well. Dr. Wright never did any of my procedures, which I was disappointed about, but I did feel comfortable with the other doctor's in the practice.
When undergoing an IVF cycle, I had majority of costs covered by insurance. With my upcoming donor egg cycle, I will pay a fee to the clinic, a fee to the outside agency, donor fee, and legal fees.
Lexington
Dr. Wright communicates with her patients in a way that allows them to understand every step of the treatment plan and process, including potential risks. She communicated to me in a clear, direct way, so only see her if you prefer that type of approach. Otherwise, if you are looking for a doctor with a cheerful and compassionate attitude, she may not be the doctor for you....I completed two IUIs with Dr. Wright. Both cycles she prescribed me the highest recommended dose of Letrozole, (7.5mg) because I hadn't responded to 5 previous cycles of Clomid and lower doses of Letrozole. Dr. Wright monitored me closely, often having me come in for bloodwork and ultrasounds every other day once I was close to ovulation.
Customer service at IVF New England is exceptional! Nurses are cheerful and supportive, ultrasound technicians walk you though every step of the ultrasound, results are released to you via phone call very shortly after bloodwork is completed, and overall, as a patient, I was treated very well!...Unfortunately, the nurse I was assigned, Sarah, was not a very good communicator and would often forget my individual case and made me feel more like a number. I wish I would have been assigned one of the other many amazing nurses on the staff.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at IVF New England (closed)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at IVF New England (closed)?
Know your preferred communication style because Dr. Wright is more a direct, cut-to-the-chase type of communicator and she doesn't sugar coat things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at IVF New England (closed)?
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at IVF New England (closed) and their degree of success.
I completed two IUIs with Dr. Wright. Both cycles she prescribed me the highest recommended dose of Letrozole, (7.5mg) because I hadn't responded to 5 previous cycles of Clomid and lower doses of Letrozole. Dr. Wright monitored me closely, often having me come in for bloodwork and ultrasounds every other day once I was close to ovulation. The first cycle, she instructed me to take Ovidrel as my trigger shot on CD15 and the IUI was performed on CD17; the second cycle she instructed me to use Ovidrel on CD 21 and the IUI was performed on CD23 since I am a slow responder. Both IUIs resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England (closed). (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Most of the nurses at IVF New England were amazing! They were compassionate, cheerful, supportive, and walked me through every step of my treatment plan so I left every appointment and/or phone call knowing exactly what to do. Unfortunately, the nurse I was assigned, Sarah, was not a very good communicator and would often forget my individual case and made me feel more like a number. I wish I would have been assigned one of the other many amazing nurses on the staff.
Describe your experience with IVF New England (closed).
IVF New England provides its patients exceptional customer service! They are well organized, every part of the staff is knowledgable and friendly, the staff respond quickly and are available to patients 24/7, and the facilities (I have been to several of the locations in both New Hampshire and Massachusetts) have state-of-the-art equipment and newly remodeled.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at IVF New England (closed).
In Massachusetts, fertility coverage is mandated, so almost all of my treatment, including appointments and medication, were covered by insurance. We only had to pay for co-pays and a small portion for blood work.
What specific things went wrong at IVF New England (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF New England (closed).
My specific nurse, Sarah, accidentally booked my blood work appointments at the wrong clinic two or three times, but I was still able to get in and get my blood work done.
IVF New England (closed)
Cambridge

Dr. Wright has always been clear and direct with us, but is also careful to speak to us in a compassionate manner. She is very knowledgeable, consistently updating us on recent studies that relate to us and has always been very good at listening to our concerns and answered all our questions...be aware that she will not be doing many of your procedures as they are partnered with a bigger clinic that has other doctors for IVF egg retrieval’s, transfers iui’s etc.
The staff in this office [IVF New England] are incredible, they know you by name and treat you with sincere compassion...It’s a small clinic, but I never had to wait long for appointments. They do book up quickly so it generally takes about 2-3 weeks to get an appointment...Recently one of the part time nurses failed to call in a prescription for my thyroid medication....Brenda is amazing as a nurse coordinator and I truly felt that she cared for us to have a positive experience and outcome.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Be prepared with questions, Dr. wright will give you an honest opinion, so it’s important to know what questions to ask to help you understand where she is coming from. Also be aware that she will not be doing many of your procedures as they are partnered with a bigger clinic that has other doctors for IVF egg retrieval’s, transfers iui’s etc.
The staff in this office are incredible, they know you by name and treat you with sincere compassion.
We tried 2 rounds of oral pills, 1 month of clomid with timed intercourse, and 1 month of a higher dose of letrozoyle with timed intercourse. We got pregnant with letrozoyle, but miscarried shortly after. This was our 9th miscarriage so we quickly moved on to IVF. In our IVF cycles we used birth control for two weeks in my first cycle then added follistim 150units and menopur 150units for the first 5 days of my first cycle and then doubled each dose days 6-12 while also using cetrotide. Due to high progesterone we opted for a freeze all cycle. We had 15 eggs, 12 fertilized and 1 BB embryo made it to freeze. Our second IVF cycle we used menopur 150 and follistim 300 from day 1 of the cycle. We continued for 8 days before adding cetrotide in for days 8-10. We retrieved 13 eggs, 8 fertilized and transferred 2 day 5 morulas. We received a positive pregnancy test with doubling hcg and but are currently only 5 weeks along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Brenda Connolly )
Brenda is amazing as a nurse coordinator and I truly felt that she cared for us to have a positive experience and outcome. She always treated me like a friend more than a patient which is hard to come by. The other nurses were kind, and willing to answers my questions, and the ultrasound techs were always very kind as well.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s a small clinic, but I never had to wait long for appointments. They do book up quickly so it generally takes about 2-3 weeks to get an appointment, so that’s something I had to stay on top of, especially for follow up appointments after treatment.
Fortunately most of our treatment was forever by insurance, but I believe each IVF cycle with icsi was about $9,000
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Wright prefers to transfer single embryos, unless there is a quality issue. In our case there was, so we transferred 2. She was flexible in adjusting our protocol from cycle to cycle to improve our chances based on how my body responded.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Recently one of the part time nurses failed to call in a prescription for my thyroid medication. I was understanding of the error, because it was just before a holiday and this particular nurse was the only nurse working and I’m sure had a lot to juggle. These things happen and we can’t always eliminate human error, that’s why I think it’s important to know your stuff as a patient because no one will be more on top of your care than you will.